Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:54:46 AM

Hey guys, did the coin change with the wallet 2.0 version? I downloaded the new version and tried to import my wallet.dat but it didn't seem compatible so I just let it create a new wallet.dat. When it finished loading the blockchain I sent my Noble from my old wallet to the new (12+ hrs ago) but nothing has arrived yet. I haven't been active in the scene for a while but I didn't see anything about this on the main post.

You have to follow instructions how to import yr old coins into new wallet. Its not too late , It will be in the thread if you look.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:40:12 PM

big fuk-up mates
NOB was a triple listed threat, killer possiblities being able to trade on 3 major fronts Sad

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:20:05 PM

big fuk-up mates
NOB was a triple listed threat, killer possiblities being able to trade on 3 major fronts Sad

We will prove our worth again in the near future. We will be probably be relisted when volume returns.
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:50:46 PM

I need a little help. I have two wallets one on my computer one on GF's. I am new so I was moving some coins to and fo trying things out. I somehow got 2 transactions stuck with 0 confirms. The good news is I have control over both wallets. I have been reading for a few days now on this and tried a few of the common fixes. I need to somehow have these two check the block chain so it can see they are confirmed hopefully they will then move to confirmed. I read some and have figured out you can take the TX and get a hex from it and rebroadcast it. when I went to do that. I saw like 5 differnt hex in the list, slightly differnt. so im stuck not sure what to do from here. Any help.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:09:58 PM

Its not a mess, its a deliberate feature to protect the coin from attacks / double spends by big holders as it is not possible to stake half of the coins at once. You just need to be more active in opening the wallet.

my wallet is open 24/7 which is enough to help protect the network imho.
so my only incentive is to write a script checking weight behavior
to resend coins at proper times, or modify wallet code.
why should i bother, it's easier to dump and buy in smth else not so advanced

The behavior I described should happen only for wallets with long periods of inactivity.

but according to pos-2 description (which you pointed me to)
old tx should eventually lose weight no matter the wallet is open or not.
and i've just found 3 of my old tx-es started to do so, resent them to myself.
that's what i call a mess

It's by design. Joe made this decision so it's not a mess but his choice.

Every time minting happens your transaction is split into two halves. That's why its weight drops. Your right that at some point you need to send the money back to new address.
eagleflies

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:18:44 PM

big fuk-up mates

I was thinking about this and my take on this is: it's side effect of going into PoS. With PoW we had tons of coins dropped onto market by miners. Of course PoW provided liquidity but also killed the price with super high inflation levels. Now we have PoS which works with inflation level capped at 8%. This obviously means there is much fewer new coins entering the market. Volume on exchanges dries up and Bittrex delisted us. So short term we suffer but long term we will see higher price levels.

There is always pros and cons.
eagleflies

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:44:13 PM

I need a little help. I have two wallets one on my computer one on GF's. I am new so I was moving some coins to and fo trying things out. I somehow got 2 transactions stuck with 0 confirms. The good news is I have control over both wallets. I have been reading for a few days now on this and tried a few of the common fixes. I need to somehow have these two check the block chain so it can see they are confirmed hopefully they will then move to confirmed. I read some and have figured out you can take the TX and get a hex from it and rebroadcast it. when I went to do that. I saw like 5 differnt hex in the list, slightly differnt. so im stuck not sure what to do from here. Any help.

OK. You can try the following:

1. Backup both wallets (always good idea to have backups, but especially when you are in trouble)
2. Use external source to check if transaction was broadcasted: go to blockchain explorer and check balance of address where you tried to send money. This way you will learn if transaction was executed and the receiving wallet hasnot seen it, or if it has never left sending wallet.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/

According to what you wrote probably the latter, but it is still a good idea to make sure.

3. Since you have control over both wallets situation is good. As you said you're in control. What you need to do is to fix the wallet which has problems. There are several ways to do it:

a. you can start wallet with '-rescan' parameter. this should make it to recalculate balance again and drop any unspent transactions
b. more radical version is to delete your whole data directory (but make sure to preserve your wallet.dat file) and start 'noblecoin-qt'. It will take its time to download whole blockchain (good news is it is way smaller than it used to be) and it will also create new and empty wallet for you. After it finished downloading blockchain stop it and overwrite new and empty wallet.dat with wallet.dat file which you preserved. Re-start client. It will scan whole blockchain and calculate proper balance.
Fishmaster42

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:41:49 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 04:57:38 AM by Fishmaster42

OK. You can try the following:

1. Backup both wallets (always good idea to have backups, but especially when you are in trouble)
2. Use external source to check if transaction was broadcasted: go to blockchain explorer and check balance of address where you tried to send money. This way you will learn if transaction was executed and the receiving wallet hasnot seen it, or if it has never left sending wallet.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/

According to what you wrote probably the latter, but it is still a good idea to make sure.

3. Since you have control over both wallets situation is good. As you said you're in control. What you need to do is to fix the wallet which has problems. There are several ways to do it:

a. you can start wallet with '-rescan' parameter. this should make it to recalculate balance again and drop any unspent transactions
b. more radical version is to delete your whole data directory (but make sure to preserve your wallet.dat file) and start 'noblecoin-qt'. It will take its time to download whole blockchain (good news is it is way smaller than it used to be) and it will also create new and empty wallet for you. After it finished downloading blockchain stop it and overwrite new and empty wallet.dat with wallet.dat file which you preserved. Re-start client. It will scan whole blockchain and calculate proper balance.

ok i tried the full reload on both wallets with current wallet dat. I have some old backups of both wallets also. didnt work for me. Transactions still show sent in one wallet and unconfirmed in the other. I am new and dont know how to make it rescan. I am assuming the way you worded it I am doing this via DOS cmd line or batch file,  Ok I figured it out it is now done rescaning on both wallets. Same 2 transactions still stuck Status: 0/unconfirmed. I found a back up of the GF wallet wallet 2( sent from wallet) like 2 months old. I am doing the whole shabang on it. full delete re download. stop then copy old wallet dat from 2 months ago to it. I will update here when its done. I already did this on my main wallet still showed the 2 stuck transactions. Ok end result is this the GF wallet the send from wallet reads the Balance as showing the coins still there on the block explorer. but wallet still shows 2 hung transactions. I got it. I figured it out. repairwallet. does what it says. thanks for all the help
Fishmaster42

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:02:57 PM

Ok my next mission is to get more than two bars on the connection on the wallet. can someone tell me how to maybe mess with the nodes or config file to get a better connection. Back a few months ago I had four bars. now no more than two for a few weeks. Thanks in Advance for your help. Fish
mzz333

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:56:06 AM

Hello, i still have my nobles stuck on the old wallet, from before it switched to PoS.
Is there any guide out there that will help me to get them to my new wallet.

thx
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:09:31 AM

Hello, i still have my nobles stuck on the old wallet, from before it switched to PoS.

thx

https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option

Or if that fails

https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys
mzz333

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:43:24 AM

thx

https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option

Or if that fails

https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys

thank you james,

well it worked kinda. when i read that you have to do it for every transaction i thought this could take a while since i had over 100 transactions at wallet, but when i started from the bottom with gettransaction ID then dumpprivkey and imported it to new location it already got 90% of my total coins. but for every ID there is same "address" so i guess i have no other way to get the last 10% back?
james6546

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:46:44 PM

thx

Or if that fails

thank you james,

well it worked kinda. when i read that you have to do it for every transaction i thought this could take a while since i had over 100 transactions at wallet, but when i started from the bottom with gettransaction ID then dumpprivkey and imported it to new location it already got 90% of my total coins. but for every ID there is same "address" so i guess i have no other way to get the last 10% back?

As far as I know you only have to do it once. Try the -salvagewallet command if all of your coins aren't there.
Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:34:32 AM

Noblecoin is in the top 30 altcoins viewed at bitcointalk!

james6546

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:15:50 AM

Noblecoin is in the top 30 altcoins viewed at bitcointalk!

Maybe it is ever...we have been around for quite a while!
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:15:10 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 08:22:15 PM by CryptoJohn

curious if there is a whitepaper or promo pack that I can make available to investors?

thanks
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:55:31 AM

curious if there is a whitepaper or promo pack that I can make available to investors?

thanks

NOXT has a whitepaper and quite the plan. Maybe you can check that out? Its from the same dev and is goign to work with the nobl network.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

the devs really blew it here - now getting removed from c-cex all in the name of POS.

too had that POS has turned out to be translated differently.

it's not too late to fork the coin and go back to POW which kept the coin alive...

now - everyone will have lots of worthless staking coins.

I told you guys this would happen and it's happening.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:11:02 AM

thanks

NOXT has a whitepaper and quite the plan. Maybe you can check that out? Its from the same dev and is goign to work with the nobl network.

Awesome, thanks

the devs really blew it here - now getting removed from c-cex all in the name of POS.

it's not too late to fork the coin and go back to POW which kept the coin alive...

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

C-Cex sucks anyway as it's just a place that scammy coins hit first and the troll box clowns try to dupe noobs into buying from them.
Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:14:48 AM

thanks

Awesome, thanks

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

C-Cex sucks anyway as it's just a place that scammy coins hit first and the troll box clowns try to dupe noobs into buying from them.

I agree I am really not concerned with that.. Let's get some volume on a exchange or two before we think about spreading into more markets

Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: