Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 12:06:10 PM

Is nobl or noxt accepted by any coin payment system like coinpayments.net? i own a used videogame website and would like to start accepting it!
From what I can tell, Coinpayments, while on the announcement thread, dropped NOBL support around the time we went to pos?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 12:49:44 PM

Is nobl or noxt accepted by any coin payment system like coinpayments.net?
The market depth on NOBL is (and was) too shallow, there is just 0.6 BTC on polo on the buy side right now, meaning that a payment processor would be unable to process more than $180 of sales, and most of those would be valued at 4-5 satoshis or so.

I was thinking that, some noble based questions. Not sure what they would be though!

Yes, piggycoin has something like that for children. But if you want more than handful of questions (so it's resilient to bots), and questions that are not hard or arcane (so it does not discourage humans), it becomes complicated.

Twitter / facebook campaigns are easy to fake, and quite pump & dumpy.

A more involved option would be to reward for "noble actions" in a semi-automated way (automated for the faucet), curecoin does it for computing time on medical issues, maybe NOBL could find a niche to encourage in a similar way? (niche because NOBL is small)

eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:16:38 PM

Maybe you can lock those transactions and ask them to send an e-mail to some address or something? Will probably not make it worth their while.

Requiring some form of action could help, but I'm not sure mail would be enough (for a dev it can be easier/faster to script sending mails than send mails manually for humans).

Also ideally it would have to be something that promotes noble in some way (like give to a charity, get some nobles), but that becomes more complicated and less "faucety".

I like activities related to charity. Maybe we could have a faucet which distributes money both to user and charity at same time? This way with each request charity gets its share too.
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:42:00 PM

Great coin, stable network, I like it, keep it up! Noble now has a new user Wink
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:48:47 PM

Maybe you can lock those transactions and ask them to send an e-mail to some address or something? Will probably not make it worth their while.

Requiring some form of action could help, but I'm not sure mail would be enough (for a dev it can be easier/faster to script sending mails than send mails manually for humans).

Also ideally it would have to be something that promotes noble in some way (like give to a charity, get some nobles), but that becomes more complicated and less "faucety".

I like activities related to charity. Maybe we could have a faucet which distributes money both to user and charity at same time? This way with each request charity gets its share too.

I like the charity match idea. I also think we need more discussion on how we will keep the scammers from cleaning us out in a few minutes.  I don't have any code skills so I will leave that part of the talk to you guys. lots of good ideas. Thanks Fish
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:00:33 PM

Please don't do the charity thing, it's been overdone already and if you're doing it for reasons of "maybe this will pump up the coin" just back off of it.

Do it properly: marketing, good software and user friendly. Also patience.
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:19:53 AM

Please don't do the charity thing, it's been overdone already and if you're doing it for reasons of "maybe this will pump up the coin" just back off of it.

Guess you are new here LemonAndFries, Charity was one of the things Noble coin has done since day 1 and will continue to do so, we have drilled wells in africa and supported many community projects, it has nothing to do with pumping the coin, it's just one of the noble things we do with our great coin Smiley check the website mate, all the information on what we have done and achieved is there as is the links on Page 1 in the OP of the same ...

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:41:12 AM

Guess you are new here LemonAndFries, Charity was one of the things Noble coin has done since day 1 and will continue to do so, we have drilled wells in africa and supported many community projects, it has nothing to do with pumping the coin, it's just one of the noble things we do with our great coin Smiley check the website mate, all the information on what we have done and achieved is there as is the links on Page 1 in the OP of the same ...

I'm not new, been around for almost 2 years, my other account was locked after the whole bitcointalk password thing.

I saw when nobl was first created and even mined some of it. The charity thing was done with many coins last year in an attempt to create a pump. Don't follow that, just create a good coin and push it out to the masses, the rest will fall into place.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:21:42 AM

I'm not new, been around for almost 2 years, my other account was locked after the whole bitcointalk password thing.

I saw when nobl was first created and even mined some of it. The charity thing was done with many coins last year in an attempt to create a pump. Don't follow that, just create a good coin and push it out to the masses, the rest will fall into place.

Well, faucet was also overdone already. So I'm wondering if faucet + charity is fresher idea.

Another idea I was contemplating recently would be setting up a website where people could bet with NobleCoins. Does that sound exciting or maybe this is too far away from being noble? What do you guys think?
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:24:43 AM

See this is the common theme with people who defend or use this noble rekt... They want to profess an utterly terrible opinion and then their defense when people are mad at being lied to is always something along the lines of "chill out, it's just an opinion" like they don't even buy the stuff they're saying.
maincoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:53:30 AM

I feel you, but I have to disagree. Noble is noble, a charity will bring a little, but it gives more purpose to noble.

A pump is clearly what the holders want, but what if we do it the right way? These days everbody can create volume since it cost little monies. Perhaps the true purpose of noble should come out, starting with a trusted payment processor.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:08:57 AM

I agree with both sides... Noblecoin is noble and charity is apart of it.. but without the proper PR it will be nothing because there is 1000's of coins you can choose from

Rofo should be looking into one of the radio shows in crypto showing the new updates... maybe a youtube video?  Don't wait till its hurting before you take action

james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:19:28 AM

I agree with both sides... Noblecoin is noble and charity is apart of it.. but without the proper PR it will be nothing because there is 1000's of coins you can choose from

Rofo should be looking into one of the radio shows in crypto showing the new updates... maybe a youtube video?  Don't wait till its hurting before you take action

These are my opinions also ^^

We did the charity thing when the coin started, infact I think we were one of the first ones to do it. Sadly though a million other coins did it just after we did and took the shine off it a bit.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:45:13 PM

Better PR, for example sterky blocktalk, dev could explain all the good things about this coin.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:20:30 PM

We did the charity thing when the coin started, infact I think we were one of the first ones to do it. Sadly though a million other coins did it just after we did and took the shine off it a bit.

The community is reasonable also this isn't just on rofo... If you invest and sit on your hands waiting for someone else too make money for you! Get real!  When was the last time anyone put a post on twitter? told a friend? Just talked about noblecoin outside this thread?

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:40:06 PM

The community is reasonable also this isn't just on rofo... If you invest and sit on your hands waiting for someone else too make money for you! Get real!  When was the last time anyone put a post on twitter? told a friend? Just talked about noblecoin outside this thread?

Whenever I see a thread talking about bitcoin and australia I tend to post something about Rofo and nobl/NOXT.. Beste place to get attention I guess.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:58:33 AM

I feel you, but I have to disagree. Noble is noble, a charity will bring a little, but it gives more purpose to noble.
Perhaps the true purpose of noble should come out, starting with a trusted payment processor.

In purely technical & financial terms, the problem with charity in NOBL is that it boils down to selling NOBL in the exchanges, because charities need fiat for the foreseeable future, and without market depth (enough orders on the buy sides), there is noone to sell to.
The payment processor faces a similar issue: payment processors are essentially a way to sell NOBL, so they require more market depth.

So there has to be some value/purpose to NOBL besides those, or some form of "money sink" to create a deflationary pressure.

Maybe some form of "charity certificate" could be imagined? broad outlines would be that donation in NOBL that go to proven charities could count as a form of "colored coins" (at that point NOBL would be used as a ledger for recording the donation), and when you have enough of those you can exchange those (through a special form of burning) for blockchain-based nobless titles (at that point NOBL would be used as a ledger for recording titles).

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:01:56 PM

Perhaps the true purpose of noble should come out, starting with a trusted payment processor.

In purely technical & financial terms, the problem with charity in NOBL is that it boils down to selling NOBL in the exchanges, because charities need fiat for the foreseeable future, and without market depth (enough orders on the buy sides), there is noone to sell to.
The payment processor faces a similar issue: payment processors are essentially a way to sell NOBL, so they require more market depth.

So there has to be some value/purpose to NOBL besides those, or some form of "money sink" to create a deflationary pressure.

Maybe some form of "charity certificate" could be imagined? broad outlines would be that donation in NOBL that go to proven charities could count as a form of "colored coins" (at that point NOBL would be used as a ledger for recording the donation), and when you have enough of those you can exchange those (through a special form of burning) for blockchain-based nobless titles (at that point NOBL would be used as a ledger for recording titles).

Personally, I wouldn't play the charity card too much at this point. It has hurt Nobl in the past as well, with the credit card scams.

We cannot keep nobl running by donations from a few people here, it has to go naturally somehow as well.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:50:51 AM

I get a great big 'Sorry' error at marketplace.noblemovement.com

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:07:54 AM

I get a great big 'Sorry' error at marketplace.noblemovement.com

Received Same Message
SORRY!
If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@marketplace.noblemovement.com

Maybe Rofo just changing Servers.

Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: