Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:49:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
bitkapp

Activity: 517
Merit: 500

aka alaniz

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:28:41 AM

That happens sometimes, I highly doubt you could actually trade on that. I think its an issue with the cache or something but its happened to me before.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:58:31 AM

Not even a tweet? Tina and Andrew and the entire gang are all out on the town too?

And signed embedded documents still can't be searched? Maybe they're feverishly working on that for Barclays.  Cheesy

Really painful.

Oh well, maybe next time. When's the next conference?

ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:15:54 AM

I think it's a testament to Jared's professional management and development that he is not trying to hype up his contribution for personal gain.  It would be tacky and unprofessional if he were at the conference trying to pump up the exchange value of DGB.

He knows what he's doing for sure, we all trust him. At least every One who are reading this post daily.
No rush there.
However every single person working on the dev of an item or something special wants to give the maximum informations about people, so these people can talk to the entire world with fresh news. This is not Hype.
Many coins are victims of Hype, DGB is certainly not. But we could use a few more informations when events are roxing. That's the start of any marketing. When something works, you talk about it.
I may be wrong ?
I'm still 90% behind Jared point of view, just noticing the lack of com is a waste of potential for DGB Smiley
Why talk about the Conf and share this information with the community then ? If you don't talk about it when it's done ?

It's amazing that people are upset that he didn't run back to the hotel room to get onto to babysitTalk to help you clear your open orders on poloniex.  It's not his job to help you profit from trading.  He's doing a great job contributing, building services, developing, and defining a professional standard for digital currency applications.

We're not trying to get the coin pumped or anything, I've been investing in DGB for 2 years now.
I talk about giving a new word or feedback to the community.
DigibyteTip have been spamming twitt for hours during JHB2016. If the person behind it was at the conference, then your point worth absolutely nothing. No offense there, but your answer is kinda agressive when you talk about exchange trades when people are simply asking for Jared or team feelings about the conf.
Surely we have daily investor who wants the coin to Hype / pump / lie , whatever.
Everyone reading this post seriously isn't this kind of person. Because daily traders don't give a fuck about reading the background of a coin. Specially in the trollbox of Polo.

Still, great job Jared, it seems like you did a very good job out there.
And that's the most important! Other facts are just some little stuff us, investor or member of the DGB community we don't see like you.
But it doesn't mean you or us are wrong.

Keep going, because DGB have been doing good since the beginning.

And forgive my grammar or english. When I start writting too much you can clearly notice that my english isn't perfect at all! xD

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 11:25:04 AM

I think it's a testament to Jared's professional management and development that he is not trying to hype up his contribution for personal gain.  It would be tacky and unprofessional if he were at the conference trying to pump up the exchange value of DGB.

He knows what he's doing for sure, we all trust him. At least every One who are reading this post daily.
No rush there.
However every single person working on the dev of an item or something special wants to give the maximum informations about people, so these people can talk to the entire world with fresh news. This is not Hype.
Many coins are victims of Hype, DGB is certainly not. But we could use a few more informations when events are roxing. That's the start of any marketing. When something works, you talk about it.
I may be wrong ?
I'm still 90% behind Jared point of view, just noticing the lack of com is a waste of potential for DGB Smiley
Why talk about the Conf and share this information with the community then ? If you don't talk about it when it's done ?

It's amazing that people are upset that he didn't run back to the hotel room to get onto to babysitTalk to help you clear your open orders on poloniex.  It's not his job to help you profit from trading.  He's doing a great job contributing, building services, developing, and defining a professional standard for digital currency applications.

We're not trying to get the coin pumped or anything, I've been investing in DGB for 2 years now.
I talk about giving a new word or feedback to the community.
DigibyteTip have been spamming twitt for hours during JHB2016. If the person behind it was at the conference, then your point worth absolutely nothing. No offense there, but your answer is kinda agressive when you talk about exchange trades when people are simply asking for Jared or team feelings about the conf.
Surely we have daily investor who wants the coin to Hype / pump / lie , whatever.
Everyone reading this post seriously isn't this kind of person. Because daily traders don't give a fuck about reading the background of a coin. Specially in the trollbox of Polo.

Still, great job Jared, it seems like you did a very good job out there.
And that's the most important! Other facts are just some little stuff us, investor or member of the DGB community we don't see like you.
But it doesn't mean you or us are wrong.

Keep going, because DGB have been doing good since the beginning.

And forgive my grammar or english. When I start writting too much you can clearly notice that my english isn't perfect at all! xD

We just need one thing and that one thing is the video of that conference when Jared starts talking and when Jared finishes his talk.
AND THEN we can say "JARED IS KILLING IT!"  Cool

◈◈◈ Trading Tip ◈◈◈
Miss the boat? Prices have risen too high for you to enter? Just buy on the way down and sell on the way up.
This is to decrease your average cost per unit.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:36:41 PM

A couple of tweets would not have gone a miss and I think everyone agrees here, this has been pointed out by many people and has been passed up the chain so hopefully, we won’t miss another opportunity to do something here.  Wink
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:18:14 PM

We just need one thing and that one thing is the video of that conference when Jared starts talking and when Jared finishes his talk.
AND THEN we can say "JARED IS KILLING IT!"  Cool

Or just the PDF of his presentation, or outline . . .

Presumedly it was a prepared presentation, and it would only take a couple of minutes to post that basic info to the blog and then tweet it . . .

. . . just saying.

carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:20:31 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2016, 09:33:37 PM by carlo_0000

are people here mining on skein with r9 390?   what is the hashrate for that ?

i'm mining with a friend computer where i put 4x r9 270    but he wanna is computer back

so gonna need to build my own  with this motherboard GA-890FXA-UD7

and i need to calculate my psu wattage, and planing to add 1 or 2 more gpu later

but my store i see nothing interesting   no r9 200series anymore  Sad
and 300 series look more expensive and they only got this 2

MSI R7 370  184,90 €      i got my msi r9 270  @ 144€
 MSI R9 390  379,90 €

don't see any r9 380
and a lot of nividia's    but i guess gtx 900 series don't perform on skein ?

and for the power supply there is a big difference in price between 1200w and 1500w  

edit:
actually i gona build 2 ring, cpu+motherboard+ram is a lot cheaper than the big power supply
can use a cheaper motherboard too
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:35:24 PM

i'm mining with a friend computer where i put 4x r9 270    but he wanna is computer back

and i need to calculate my psu wattage, and planing to add 1 or 2 more gpu later

MSI R9 390  379,90 €

don't see any r9 380

and for the power supply there is a big difference in price between 1200w and 1500w  

Check out nvidia cards and the sp ccminer before you commit to AMD cards.
They perform very well on the qubit algo, also use less power

Or if you can wait a little bit, the next gen gfx cards are just around the corner.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:00:25 PM

Somebody big is accumulating DGB on the cheap for as long as they can with an aggressive bid - a long term buyer that only buys on the bid, but is willing to raise his/her bid with the market to surprising levels.

Remember where you heard it first. Smiley

carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:00:52 PM

MSI R9 390  379,90 €

don't see any r9 380

Check out nvidia cards and the sp ccminer before you commit to AMD cards.
They perform very well on the qubit algo, also use less power

Or if you can wait a little bit, the next gen gfx cards are just around the corner.

yes i can wait, for now i just run the 4x 270
Dennahz

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:28:31 PM

Hey guys,

Just talked to Jared - it all went great in South Africa. As a matter of fact, he's still there, but has a really, really crappy internet connection atm.
He will post an update as soon as he has a stable connection.

Just FYI Smiley
HarveyOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:28:23 PM

Hey guys,

Just talked to Jared - it all went great in South Africa. As a matter of fact, he's still there, but has a really, really crappy internet connection atm.
He will post an update as soon as he has a stable connection.

Just FYI Smiley
Thanks for informing us - at least we do not have to worry that Jared has forgot about us - Not a good marketing for such a conference not to offer a proper Wifi
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:20:46 PM

Some Chart TA for those who are interested in the market outlook:

https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/56ddc07a/

We are seeing higher lows - a steady increase in price since the bottom.

With all the new volume entering into the alternative coin markets, we are already seeing a major increase in price of many premium coins like MAID, FCT, DASH...etc. I have already seen an increase in buy support from 40BTC to ~60BTC in the past few days - without any major price increase. The pressure may begin to lift price over time - continuing with the positive trend.

The Reward over risk looks very good - nearing 12.0. What many investors look for are a ratio of at least 2.0 or greater. The only throw off from the charts are the periodic spikes. We need to continue to see the gradual price increase over time to help aid in washing out those ugly bull trap spikes.

Why do we get these spikes? Well, the sell book is pretty thin - and whenever we have any news of any sort, you have a hoard of people FOMO buying the 2-5BTC sell orders per satoshi. It is realtively easy to break past these barriers.

What DGB really needs is an increase in marketcap + liquidity to help stabilize the price.

In summary, DGB is a premium coin w/o the premium market cap. This may be due to some "lack" of communication here on the Bitcointalk forum -however, this may be for a very good reason - and for those who wait, they may be rewarded in a big way.

Rock on DGB Holdings!

Nicely summed up! I really couldn't have said it better. Really!

ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:02:39 PM

Why do we get these spikes? Well, the sell book is pretty thin - and whenever we have any news of any sort, you have a hoard of people FOMO buying the 2-5BTC sell orders per satoshi. It is realtively easy to break past these barriers.

What DGB really needs is an increase in marketcap + liquidity to help stabilize the price.

Thanks for the TA !

A good solution would be to talk about DGB to Doge traders.
The 2 coins have almost the same value, but DGB's future is so bright comparated to Doge, who was a joke since the beginning if I remember correctly.

Holding DGB is a great choice Smiley

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Thanks for the TA !

A good solution would be to talk about DGB to Doge traders.
The 2 coins have almost the same value, but DGB's future is so bright comparated to Doge, who was a joke since the beginning if I remember correctly.

Holding DGB is a great choice Smiley

As of 30 June 2015, the 100 billionth Dogecoin had been mined. That means there was nearly 5 times as many Doge in circulation then as there will ever be DigiByte! Doge will continue to produce an additional 5.256 billion coins every year forever! Someone was complaining about DigiByte producing 3 BTC worth of DigiByte each day in here recently but Doge coin produces more than double that, something like 7.77 BTC per day! Even without all the other reasons, like serious development of the technology, it should be a no brainer to convert your Doge to DigiByte!
frottirzokni

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:00:27 AM

I don't think persuading people to convert their doge to dgb is a healthy move. Not as if we would not need more people involved, but with this, you would put the price of DGB under water, where the water level is the DOGE price. The two coins playing in a different universe, people will only convert, if DOGE is priced higher than DGB.
But it's only my opinion.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:10:56 AM

I don't think persuading people to convert their doge to dgb is a healthy move. Not as if we would not need more people involved, but with this, you would put the price of DGB under water, where the water level is the DOGE price. The two coins playing in a different universe, people will only convert, if DOGE is priced higher than DGB.
But it's only my opinion.
See, that statement makes no sense to me whatsoever. I just mathematically pointed out that it would be impossible to convert all the Doge coins that currently exist into DigiByte, let alone the ones that are going to be produced in the future and if Doge price was higher, like you said, it would be even more impossible. Doge has a problem with inflation DigiByte does not but people can do whatever and support whatever coin they like and if Doge floats your boat, that’s your look out but don’t say I didn’t warn you.  Wink
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:06:54 PM

It is my pleasure to let everyone know the conference in South Africa went very well for DigiByte. The videos should be online soon.  We will post links to them as soon as we get word they are posted. Many new people were introduced to DigiByte and we have made several new influential connections on the African continent.

Overall the SA event was far more professional than many Bitcoin and blockchain events I have attended in the past. The organizers were professional and very warm and welcoming. Overall I was very impressed with how warm and welcoming the South African people were. There seemed to be an excitement in the air for the positive change this technology is bringing to Africa.

The majority of the attendees were bankers, government officials and business tech professionals. It was nice to see such a vested interest in blockchain technology and the impact it can have on Africa. Africa is in a much better position to begin adopting DigiByte and blockchain technology than the rest of the world. More importantly there seems to be a hunger for change and a will to explore new ideas that you just don’t see in other western countries. In the US and Europe you have a lot of legacy infrastructure that companies have spent billions of dollars developing in the past twenty years that is now obsolete. Given such a hefty investment many companies with this tech "debt" are not easily swayed to move beyond their legacy infrastructure. Africa does not have this issue given its lack of infrastructure in many areas. They are well positioned to "leapfrog" the rest of the world with wide spread blockchain tech adoption.

However there still are some technical issues for Africa to overcome before widely adopting blockchain technology. The main one being wide spread internet access. What was interesting to note is most people felt this would not be an issue for very long as Africa is rapidly getting continent wide mobile internet access. This highlights the importance of DigiByte developing and maintaining mobile SPV wallets, as most Africans will not be using desktop computers.

The blockchain and DigiBye can help bring three things to Africa; Transparency & Security, Innovation and Standardization. The transparency of the blockchain/bitcoin is already making a big impact in Africa through companies such as BitPesa. For those not familiar with BitPesa I would highly encourage you to check out their story. The CEO Elizabeth is a fantastic speaker with more insight into Africa on a country-by-country basis than anyone I have heard speak on the matter. https://www.bitpesa.co/

There are some fascinating and exciting projects underway to help bring this exciting technology to Africa by local people. The one I was most impressed with is known as the SatoshiCentre in in Botswana founded by Mrs. Alakanani Itireleng. I would encourage everyone to check them out and engage with them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SatoshicentreBw 

They are encouraging the adoption of Blockchain tech and are working to teach kids and people to code in Africa on a very grass roots level. After speaking with Alakanani she is more than happy to help introduce people to DigiByte if we send her and the Centre some DGB ☺

Another very good speech was by the gentlemen behind BitFinance and how blockchain/bitcoin is being used in Zimbabwe. When the video comes out I would recommend people watch their presentation to get a sense for the true impact blockchain tech can bring to Africa.

I was also able to check out my first "accelerator" lab put on by Barclays in Capetown. As we move DigiByte forward through 2016 and look to get DGB tech adopted by banks and other larger corporations it is becoming apparent there are "channels" to help speed this process up and make things happen quicker.

Over the next several months DigiByte will be represented at several more events to help facilitate this. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or contacts for these events please let us know.

We would also like to encourage people to start representing DigiByte at local blockchain/bitcoin events throughout the world. We feel this is a very important step in growing DigiByte as DGB is much larger than anyone person or group.  A prime example of the power this can have is if you look at Ethereum/ Factom and the conference networking they have done and are doing.

So what did this event mean for DigiByte? First of all hundreds of new people across the African continent have been exposed to what we are working toward in a professional manner & environment and are looking closely at what we are doing. This includes major financial institutions (every major SA bank plus the SA Government) and many tech companies. This impact may not materialize right away but it will no doubt help us moving forward in the long run.

It has come to my attention some people are concerned with the lack of communication. I want to let everyone know we will be addressing this and opening up more channels in the future. This Africa event was a bit hard as the internet in many places was very slow and limited. Combine that with a very busy schedule and the fact I was traveling alone in remote areas down here makes constant updates very tough. Its important to maximize the networking time while in a place like this as who knows when we will be back.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support and your passion for DigiByte. 2016 is on track to be a huge year for DigiByte. The timing just could not be better. Every major bank and company in the world is looking at blockchain tech, and they are looking outside of Bitcoin.  We are going to put Digibyte in front of them. Our next event will be FinDev in New York City on March 29th. Between now and then expect more updates and news!

Cheers,

Jared

Oil man

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:13:05 PM

It is my pleasure to let everyone know the conference in South Africa went very well for DigiByte. The videos should be online soon.  We will post links to them as soon as we get word they are posted. Many new people were introduced to DigiByte and we have made several new influential connections on the African continent.

Overall the SA event was far more professional than many Bitcoin and blockchain events I have attended in the past. The organizers were professional and very warm and welcoming. Overall I was very impressed with how warm and welcoming the South African people were. There seemed to be an excitement in the air for the positive change this technology is bringing to Africa.

The majority of the attendees were bankers, government officials and business tech professionals. It was nice to see such a vested interest in blockchain technology and the impact it can have on Africa. Africa is in a much better position to begin adopting DigiByte and blockchain technology than the rest of the world. More importantly there seems to be a hunger for change and a will to explore new ideas that you just don’t see in other western countries. In the US and Europe you have a lot of legacy infrastructure that companies have spent billions of dollars developing in the past twenty years that is now obsolete. Given such a hefty investment many companies with this tech "debt" are not easily swayed to move beyond their legacy infrastructure. Africa does not have this issue given its lack of infrastructure in many areas. They are well positioned to "leapfrog" the rest of the world with wide spread blockchain tech adoption.

However there still are some technical issues for Africa to overcome before widely adopting blockchain technology. The main one being wide spread internet access. What was interesting to note is most people felt this would not be an issue for very long as Africa is rapidly getting continent wide mobile internet access. This highlights the importance of DigiByte developing and maintaining mobile SPV wallets, as most Africans will not be using desktop computers.

The blockchain and DigiBye can help bring three things to Africa; Transparency & Security, Innovation and Standardization. The transparency of the blockchain/bitcoin is already making a big impact in Africa through companies such as BitPesa. For those not familiar with BitPesa I would highly encourage you to check out their story. The CEO Elizabeth is a fantastic speaker with more insight into Africa on a country-by-country basis than anyone I have heard speak on the matter. https://www.bitpesa.co/

There are some fascinating and exciting projects underway to help bring this exciting technology to Africa by local people. The one I was most impressed with is known as the SatoshiCentre in in Botswana founded by Mrs. Alakanani Itireleng. I would encourage everyone to check them out and engage with them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SatoshicentreBw 

They are encouraging the adoption of Blockchain tech and are working to teach kids and people to code in Africa on a very grass roots level. After speaking with Alakanani she is more than happy to help introduce people to DigiByte if we send her and the Centre some DGB ☺

Another very good speech was by the gentlemen behind BitFinance and how blockchain/bitcoin is being used in Zimbabwe. When the video comes out I would recommend people watch their presentation to get a sense for the true impact blockchain tech can bring to Africa.

I was also able to check out my first "accelerator" lab put on by Barclays in Capetown. As we move DigiByte forward through 2016 and look to get DGB tech adopted by banks and other larger corporations it is becoming apparent there are "channels" to help speed this process up and make things happen quicker.

Over the next several months DigiByte will be represented at several more events to help facilitate this. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or contacts for these events please let us know.

We would also like to encourage people to start representing DigiByte at local blockchain/bitcoin events throughout the world. We feel this is a very important step in growing DigiByte as DGB is much larger than anyone person or group.  A prime example of the power this can have is if you look at Ethereum/ Factom and the conference networking they have done and are doing.

So what did this event mean for DigiByte? First of all hundreds of new people across the African continent have been exposed to what we are working toward in a professional manner & environment and are looking closely at what we are doing. This includes major financial institutions (every major SA bank plus the SA Government) and many tech companies. This impact may not materialize right away but it will no doubt help us moving forward in the long run.

It has come to my attention some people are concerned with the lack of communication. I want to let everyone know we will be addressing this and opening up more channels in the future. This Africa event was a bit hard as the internet in many places was very slow and limited. Combine that with a very busy schedule and the fact I was traveling alone in remote areas down here makes constant updates very tough. Its important to maximize the networking time while in a place like this as who knows when we will be back.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support and your passion for DigiByte. 2016 is on track to be a huge year for DigiByte. The timing just could not be better. Every major bank and company in the world is looking at blockchain tech, and they are looking outside of Bitcoin.  We are going to put Digibyte in front of them. Our next event will be FinDev in New York City on March 29th. Between now and then expect more updates and news!

Cheers,

Jared

thanks for hard work dev

nyari jodoh
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:29:02 PM

Thank you Jared, Great work in SA and thanks for the hard work.

Digibyte in africa, Sounds like a winner to me!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Pages: « 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: