Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:04:31 PM

Ofc because no-one needs or trades it. less than a BTC vol per day.

You noticed very good!

Yes sadly though MYR did a lot of great things it seems to have disappeared into oblivion.  I think it still being developed though.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:41:35 PM

You noticed very good!

Yes sadly though MYR did a lot of great things it seems to have disappeared into oblivion.  I think it still being developed though.

It's definitely still being developed. It was upgraded to Bitcoin 0.11.2 codebase recently. I wouldn't say it's disappeared into oblivion at all; it's #38 on coingecko, ahead of clams, shadowcash, and anoncoin. Yea, the marketcap is a bit low, but as coingecko reflects the community is still quite active, and it's one of the few "acceptably mined" cryptos according to devtome:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

It's also traded on the new bitsquare app that's just released as well.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:39:32 PM

It's definitely still being developed. It was upgraded to Bitcoin 0.11.2 codebase recently. I wouldn't say it's disappeared into oblivion at all; it's #38 on coingecko, ahead of clams, shadowcash, and anoncoin. Yea, the marketcap is a bit low, but as coingecko reflects the community is still quite active, and it's one of the few "acceptably mined" cryptos according to devtome:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

It's also traded on the new bitsquare app that's just released as well.

Thanks for correcting me.  I'm glad to see it is still proceeding as it was one of the early coins I mined. I'll have to check out what's been going on with it.
bigs21024

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:26:58 AM

if it has all this going on why has coin dropped over 50% i love the coin myself and think it has so much going for it.

carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:41:18 AM

if the price get down, you think mining difficulty will get down too ?

i notice myr price is more stable

I don't mine any more but in the past I noticed that the difficulty would shoot up whenever the price peaked and then would go down again once it started to fall so if the normal pattern repeats then it should get easier.

another question

after bitcoin halving, if the miners come to mine dgb on sha256 i guess or scrypt ?   so sha256 difficulty would go up  but what happen to the others algorithm , they all gonna a bit up or the other get down ?
danielj314

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 02:58:48 AM

if it has all this going on why has coin dropped over 50% i love the coin myself and think it has so much going for it.

I have this same question, really. I wonder why the recent drop has been so dramatic. Is it all attributable to the rise of BTC. Are there other factors at play?

I really appreciated everyone's thoughts on where the price might be headed short term. I would be interested in opinions as to why it is down so much right now and what might be on the horizon that might change that in the next several months. Are there reasons to be bullish for upward movement in the not too distant future?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   STORM TOKEN    A decentralized micro-job marketplace    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | Coming Soon    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptofarmer

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 09:33:49 AM

DigiByte Now Live
on www.mining-dutch.nl

Diff: 8192       | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3337
Vardiff           | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3437
Diff: 16382     | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3537

Also on the Multiport
Diff: 8192       | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:6666       
Vardiff           | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:7777       
Diff: 16382     | stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:8888

Happy mining.

www.Mining-Dutch.nl  (Merged Mining - Multiport / Multi algo)
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:02:33 AM

add more game at digibyte gaming site,a lot of people love to playing a game

it will increase the demands of the coin itself

Tortoise75

Activity: 346

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:21:49 AM

I don't mine any more but in the past I noticed that the difficulty would shoot up whenever the price peaked and then would go down again once it started to fall so if the normal pattern repeats then it should get easier.

another question

after bitcoin halving, if the miners come to mine dgb on sha256 i guess or scrypt ?   so sha256 difficulty would go up  but what happen to the others algorithm , they all gonna a bit up or the other get down ?
It's quite likely that there will be more miners coming to DGB-SHA256, but currently it looks like the effect is a bit dampened by rising BTC prices making BTC mining more profitable and dropping alt prices, with DGB among them, might make them less so (might because for mining the USD/altcoin pair is still more important than BTC/altcoin). Since the ASICs used for BTC can do SHA256 only the halving shouldn't affect script much.
The algorithm used to calculate DGBs difficulties is set up to close in on 2 constants: 1 block every 15 seconds and each of the 5 hash algorithms providing 20% of the blocks. To meet these requirements the difficulties of the other algorithms have to stay the same. That statement would be too inaccurate for a scientific paper, the algos are somewhat interconnected, but close enough for everyday purposes. Smiley

I have this same question, really. I wonder why the recent drop has been so dramatic. Is it all attributable to the rise of BTC. Are there other factors at play?

I really appreciated everyone's thoughts on where the price might be headed short term. I would be interested in opinions as to why it is down so much right now and what might be on the horizon that might change that in the next several months. Are there reasons to be bullish for upward movement in the not too distant future?
There are 2 factors. The main reason for the drop was the fact that the big rise before was a pump. But the new base, or bottom prices, would have settled higher if the BTC price wouldn't put some pressure on altcoin prices. Since the second reason continued the price drop from the first the resulting drop is quite likely higher as it would have been if both of these things hit the DGB price on its own. A shame, unless you wanted to buy soon anyway. Wink
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:13:21 PM

You noticed very good!

You should show some respect for the coin DGB copied, especially in light of criticisms over DGB's marketing ("successfully forked to multi-algo and is the first cryptocurrency to make such a move"). Besides, DGB has a huge instamine. MYR has been fairly launched with the same 5 algorithms as DGB for over 2 years now.

When will DGB update its code? Lot of things broken, and it is still using Bitcoin code base that is 4 years old. At the very least it would be nice to see a functional digistats.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:16:16 AM

ooooh salty.

blzflkn

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:55:06 AM

There he is. Like clockwork.

Doesn't saying the same thing every page or two get boring, myriad?
mattblack5679

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:09:53 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 03:21:16 AM by mattblack5679

Sad to say it, but myriadcoin is right. Digibyte desperately needs to update the codebase.

In all honesty, if you really believe in multi-algo being the answer to mining centralization, you should just start porting all your tools to myriad. The marketcap is so small it's going to explode some day. There's so much inflation left in Digibyte you'll be lucky to stay above 1 sat in a year or two... Do you really want to be the bag holder for your "dear leader"?
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:48:08 AM

Sad to say it, but myriadcoin is right. Digibyte desperately needs to update the codebase.

In all honesty, if you really believe in multi-algo being the answer to mining centralization, you should just start porting all your tools to myriad. The marketcap is so small it's going to explode some day. There's so much inflation left in Digibyte you'll be lucky to stay above 1 sat in a year or two... Do you really want to be the bag holder for your "dear leader"?

They are different projects with different goals and whilst im sure you'd love to increase myriads support by moving everyone over to your benefit its not how it works. They are 2 seperate projects.

Digibyte seems to be tied in with tofugear and the company Jared works with. Digibyte has a lot more marketing than myriad so on the same token myriad devs could move their tools in and assist in updating the digibyte github code base with requests to get the best of both worlds.

I understand the request to update the codebase but you ex expand on why this is necessary at this point in time? Its been echoed as this big deal breaker that its not on the latest codebase but honestly there are a bunch of alt coins that aren't. Upgrading to the latest for latests sake isn't the reason. Can you specify what the latest code base gives that makes it a worthwhile move at this point in time to dedicate a lot of resourceS? Im not saying its not eventually needed but it seems to be a broken record echo approach.

O and btw whats with the 1 post account this being the first comment. It smells of someone making socks that don't want to identify themselves. Its not to say your comment is not worth taking but it seems to be the norm now when people don't want to use their main account to make such statements. Seems a bit err silly.
mattblack5679

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:15:25 AM

They are different projects with different goals and whilst im sure you'd love to increase myriads support by moving everyone over to your benefit its not how it works. They are 2 seperate projects.

Digibyte seems to be tied in with tofugear and the company Jared works with. Digibyte has a lot more marketing than myriad so on the same token myriad devs could move their tools in and assist in updating the digibyte github code base with requests to get the best of both worlds.

I understand the request to update the codebase but you ex expand on why this is necessary at this point in time? Its been echoed as this big deal breaker that its not on the latest codebase but honestly there are a bunch of alt coins that aren't. Upgrading to the latest for latests sake isn't the reason. Can you specify what the latest code base gives that makes it a worthwhile move at this point in time to dedicate a lot of resourceS? Im not saying its not eventually needed but it seems to be a broken record echo approach.

O and btw whats with the 1 post account this being the first comment. It smells of someone making socks that don't want to identify themselves. Its not to say your comment is not worth taking but it seems to be the norm now when people don't want to use their main account to make such statements. Seems a bit err silly.

OK, I'll bite this one time since I dumped my DGB already (at 140, so not bad Smiley ).

You've got a 15sec block time but no way to prune. Myriad's already done the switch to 0.11.2 with pruning enabled. Plus, segwit, lightning and rootstock are closer to realization. You've got a guy who if he gets hit by a bus, or more likely decides he's got enough and leaves, the show's over. DGB isn't going to change the crypto world, but multi-algo can. It seems to me that multi-algo development is happening in Myriad, not here.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:24:19 AM

OK, I'll bite this one time since I dumped my DGB already (at 140, so not bad Smiley ).

You've got a 15sec block time but no way to prune. Myriad's already done the switch to 0.11.2 with pruning enabled. Plus, segwit, lightning and rootstock are closer to realization. You've got a guy who if he gets hit by a bus, or more likely decides he's got enough and leaves, the show's over. DGB isn't going to change the crypto world, but multi-algo can. It seems to me that multi-algo development is happening in Myriad, not here.

I don't believe the DGB block chain is a huge enough side yet to require the pruning though right? Sure its handy and will be needed soon. Doesn't appear to be a deal breaker yet as i said.

lightning payments etc... Im not sure there is the amount of trans per second reached to consolidate the trans to make it faster.. the low block speed makes them come through fast now.'

Honestly im not sure how multi algo can change the world.. its just multiple algoritms for spread of mine and a bit more security. Its not a feature on its own the revolutionises things. Its good yes but not a must have. If it was wouldn't bitcoin consider it or people flock to the coin/s with it?

The truth is adoption and use of a coin that has fast instant transactions is what will revolutionise crypto.

Im not sure what your comment about dumping at 140 has to do with it other than trying to tell people you made some money.
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:06:06 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 06:36:51 AM by myriadcoin

I don't believe the DGB block chain is a huge enough side yet to require the pruning though right? Sure its handy and will be needed soon. Doesn't appear to be a deal breaker yet as i said.

lightning payments etc... Im not sure there is the amount of trans per second reached to consolidate the trans to make it faster.. the low block speed makes them come through fast now.'

Honestly im not sure how multi algo can change the world.. its just multiple algoritms for spread of mine and a bit more security. Its not a feature on its own the revolutionises things. Its good yes but not a must have. If it was wouldn't bitcoin consider it or people flock to the coin/s with it?

The truth is adoption and use of a coin that has fast instant transactions is what will revolutionise crypto.

Im not sure what your comment about dumping at 140 has to do with it other than trying to tell people you made some money.

The thing is, whether it is a must-have remains to be seen. Will Bitcoin ASICs commoditise? Will Bitcoin become the most decentralised network in history? Possibly, but for me there's some doubt that lingers, and so far multi-algo is the best solution for that. Centralisation of mining is, for many people, the biggest source of doubt about Bitcoin's future, and I don't think this question will be answered in 2016.. or 2017..

Another point I'll make is appealing to the altcoin fans, as I'm sure we all are in this thread. Even if Bitcoin does become incredibly decentralised on SHA256d alone, and we're all using Bitcoin ASIC-powered heaters or whatever... Even if that happens, what's going to happen to the alts? Will there be an altpocalypse? I don't think so, as altcoins have evolved to do things that Bitcoin doesn't do. We've heard about sidechains for a long time now, but where are they? Altcoins are already very popular, and people have invested a lot into them, so I think that is the direction the cryptocurrency world will continue to evolve. But how can altcoins survive if Bitcoin becomes so decentralised and secure? They could merge mine, and have only a subset of Bitcoin's security. I think multi-algo will eventually become PoW system of choice for altcoins.

Why haven't people flocked to it? I guess it hasn't been marketed that well. Besides, it's still a pretty young technology and is still undergoing testing and development. It wasn't too long ago that multi-algo had massive glaring flaws that have since been repaired in all of the multi-algo coins thanks in large part  to MentalCollatz, who appears to be a coin-agnostic multi-algo fan with a healthy dose of scepticism about it. Anyway, you might have noticed that multi-algo has been growing in popularity lately.

Why hasn't Bitcoin switched to it? Well, Bitcoin is famously conservative, and I'm pretty sure the SHA256 miners would NOT agree to that change, no matter how good multi-algo is...

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
ghostycc

Activity: 270

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:11:28 AM

You've got a guy who if he gets hit by a bus, or more likely decides he's got enough and leaves, the show's over.

This could be the only point to answeer there.
The "bus-factor", not a hard one to find... I'll give you my personnal answer to this.

Even if you don't deserve credit with a 1 activity account supporting Myraid, who's the active troll on this thread and taking MYR down, even with it's community asking him to stop trolling. Well...

The Bus factor is something you'd really want to know before an investment, specially in crypto , and specially when you have a big boy like Jared. I've been thinking about it myself, it's a long term risk, Jared could say "fuck it all I'm rich and sorry I want to live". Even with it, i'd laught and sell instantly, whatever happen next. But... This isn't jared way to think so far.
What would happen too if Jared leave the project unbuilt ? I'm pretty sure community would reconstruct over something new in DGB. Like we always do when a project is alive.

Look at Bitcoin, howcome it's alive with the bus-factor ? Wait what ? It's anonymous ?!(or not! :p )
So , who took it to this state ?

Bus-factor, no-one knows shit about it.

Good luck with MYR, seriously and sincerely. please move in your own thread. MYR got credits for multialgo, we thanked them. Now we're not taking them down like MYR is doing to DGB. This is a simple proof that DGB is in a fucking great shape. You're just like a remora yourself, be happy with it.

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:09:59 AM

My two cents, multi algorithm is anti-ASIC! Only 40% of Digibyte can be mined by ASICs, the other 60% being mined by GPU dominated algorithms. So DigiByte or any other coin mining on a similar basis  is never going to attract the amount of mining, say bitcoin and litecoin have because the benefit of doing it would be immediately passed over to the GPU algorithms. ASIC mining should grow as GPU mining does but will never leave it totally behind and it is all quite deliberate!
danielj314

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:26:10 PM

another question

after bitcoin halving, if the miners come to mine dgb on sha256 i guess or scrypt ?   so sha256 difficulty would go up  but what happen to the others algorithm , they all gonna a bit up or the other get down ?
It's quite likely that there will be more miners coming to DGB-SHA256, but currently it looks like the effect is a bit dampened by rising BTC prices making BTC mining more profitable and dropping alt prices, with DGB among them, might make them less so (might because for mining the USD/altcoin pair is still more important than BTC/altcoin). Since the ASICs used for BTC can do SHA256 only the halving shouldn't affect script much.
The algorithm used to calculate DGBs difficulties is set up to close in on 2 constants: 1 block every 15 seconds and each of the 5 hash algorithms providing 20% of the blocks. To meet these requirements the difficulties of the other algorithms have to stay the same. That statement would be too inaccurate for a scientific paper, the algos are somewhat interconnected, but close enough for everyday purposes. Smiley

There are 2 factors. The main reason for the drop was the fact that the big rise before was a pump. But the new base, or bottom prices, would have settled higher if the BTC price wouldn't put some pressure on altcoin prices. Since the second reason continued the price drop from the first the resulting drop is quite likely higher as it would have been if both of these things hit the DGB price on its own. A shame, unless you wanted to buy soon anyway. Wink

Thanks for your insightful answer to my question!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   STORM TOKEN    A decentralized micro-job marketplace    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | Coming Soon    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: