Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:35:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 [5986] 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722525 times)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:49:30 AM

https://dash-news.de/dashtv/#curr=USD&addr=

DASH-TV has been down all day......
:-(
it's up for me

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:03:25 AM

Speaking of technical discussion, Dash's privacy scheme is being (unfavorably) compared to Cryptonote.

The discussion is being held on Monero's StackExchange, because Dash by a wide margin failed to qualify for StackExchange (yet).

http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/112/how-is-monero-compared-to-dash

Quote from: Alexde
PrivateSend does have a potentially serious flaw.

Each coinjoin requires a server to facilitate the mixing. This requires users to trust that the server is not recording details on where each user's outputs are ending up. Dash attempts to mitigate this risk by using what they call "masternodes". Masternodes are the servers which coordinate PrivateSend. These masternodes require a deposit of 1000 Dash to run. In theory, this collateral prevents someone from creating an arbitrary number of nodes for the purpose of recording coinjoin details.

Does this really mitigate the risk of coinjoin details being recorded, enabling transactions to be traced? Not reliably. The reality is that the majority of masternodes are hosted by a small number of VPS providers. These VPS providers could easily record the transactions being facilitated by any masternode that they host.

Please respond here or on SE if you have any substantive input to make on this important issue (price comparison/speculation does not count).

the vps providers could record transactions but it would not do them any good. you need to control or have access to ~90% of the mn or transactions to deanonymize ~1% of all transactions. since these vps providers are different and spread all over the world no one entity or government has access or legal jurisdiction to that info. somewhere there is a chart showing the exact mathematical probabilities. i'll try to find it or maybe someone can post it, i think tante has the info.

ICEBREAKER, buddy, I still need your help. Please de-anonymize this transaction that was obscured by the "flawed CoinJoin implementation" that has "not been peer-reviewed" and help me to figure out the source address of these funds! The good news is that it only went through four rounds of this "DarkSend," so it will be orders of magnitude easier to figure out than if it had been through all eight. Thank goodness for small miracles!

Please help me figure this out! It's URGENT!!!

Dash De-anonymization Contest

Icebreaker and other trolleros: I have donated $1 to Monero's development team. I sent 0.25 Dash (TX ID: 59d51690d4b56ddbf1e393fa8d3a49bcfc3247f270f36be3b6ee411802666cba-000) to shapeshift.io, which converted it to Bitcoin and sent it to the official Monero donation address listed at https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/.

I challenge you to de-anonymize this transaction. To make it just a little easier, I only used four rounds of Darksend, so it's exponentially less private than it would be with the maximum eight rounds.

Please tell me what address this transaction originated from.

Cheers!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 01:25:41 AM

Speaking of technical discussion, Dash's privacy scheme is being (unfavorably) compared to Cryptonote.

The discussion is being held on Monero's StackExchange, because Dash by a wide margin failed to qualify for StackExchange and never will because it is a community of get-rich-quick low information types unlike the high brow SE.

Each coinjoin requires a server to facilitate the mixing. This requires users to trust that the server is not recording details on where each user's outputs are ending up. Dash attempts to mitigate this risk by using what they call "masternodes". Masternodes are the servers which coordinate PrivateSend. These masternodes require a deposit of 1000 Dash to run. In theory, this collateral prevents someone from creating an arbitrary number of nodes for the purpose of recording coinjoin details.

Does this really mitigate the risk of coinjoin details being recorded, enabling transactions to be traced? Not reliably. The reality is that the majority of masternodes are hosted by a small number of VPS providers. These VPS providers could easily record the transactions being facilitated by any masternode that they host.

Please respond here or on SE if you have any substantive input to make on this important issue (price comparison/speculation does not count).

the vps providers could record transactions but it would not do them any good. you need to control or have access to ~90% of the mn or transactions to deanonymize ~1% of all transactions. since these vps providers are different and spread all over the world no one entity or government has access or legal jurisdiction to that info. somewhere there is a chart showing the exact mathematical probabilities. i'll try to find it or maybe someone can post it, i think tante has the info.

Why aren't the "exact mathematical probabilities" subject to the Birthday Paradox, in which far fewer adversarial Sybil nodes than one might guess are needed to unravel the entire Coinjoin sweater?

You seem to be asserting Masternodes benefit from some kind of inverse Birthday Paradox relationship, where everything just happens to luckily work out for the best.

It would be nice if exact numbers were available for evaluation on neutral ground such as StackExchange, or an equivalent with less stringent requirements that Dash actually might be able to meet.

If Tante can find the obscure/exotic proof for your claims, perhaps she may also submit it for discussion on the Monero SE comparison thread.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:00:48 AM

where's the chart?

paradoxical i did not realize it was your birthday, happy birthday man, i'll get you a sweater.

while looking for that chart i stumbled upon a important dash thread that required my attention. that thread lead me to other threads/issues that now require my attention. so your not really important question will have to wait until i have time or someone else post the chart info. it was posted on dash talk by evan long ago but there is so much info there (unlike some other coins forums Grin) it got buried.

Liberty Entrepreneurs

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:11:32 AM

New Interview: Doing Business with the Dash Blockchain w/ Amanda B Johnson

Topics covered in this episode include:

-Ron Paul and the Modern Freedom Movement
-Why “money” and “economics” are important to achieving personal liberty
-Evolution of Crypto-currencies (Bitcoin vs Dash)
-How Amanda became the first-ever podcast/vblog to get funding DIRECTLY from a blockchain (and why this is a necessary step towards crypto-economic longevity).  

Tip Liberty Entrepreneurs with Dash!  

XyJPi91jEW6Zqz6qXX1qxzqpqDhUwhT3gf

(or Bitcoin)

1KraNMPw7QMaaLmHsiMj57QKq9GHvZLKgh

Amanda B Johnson started down the rabbit-hole of libertarianism and voluntaryism in 2011.  At the time she was struggling to find work and became really interested in what caused the economy to become so crappy.  She heard about a guy named Ron Paul who was running for President and was shocked when he sounded like he was speaking the truth.  

With her new found enthusiasm, Amanda started creating liberty related, Ron Paul videos on Youtube and quickly gathered following.  She became fascinated with money and economics and the role they play in pursuit of personal freedom and wanted to share her new found perspective with the world.  

In 2013, Amanda encountered Bitcoin.  Like many of us, she read and studied it with passion and eventually wrote blog posts for several large Bitcoin publications including Bitcoin Magazine, CoinTelegraph, Bitcoin.com. In late 2015, Amanda started a YouTube series entitled The Daily Decrypt, which discussed the currency competition and evolution taking place in the crypto space. Read more...

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:25:42 AM

-How Amanda became the first-ever podcast/vblog to get funding DIRECTLY from a blockchain (and why this is a necessary step towards crypto-economic longevity).  

(or Bitcoin)

Amanda B Johnson started down the rabbit-hole of libertarianism and voluntaryism in 2011.  At the time she was struggling to find work and became really interested in what caused the economy to become so crappy.  She heard about a guy named Ron Paul who was running for President and was shocked when he sounded like he was speaking the truth.  

With her new found enthusiasm, Amanda started creating liberty related, Ron Paul videos on Youtube and quickly gathered following.  She became fascinated with money and economics and the role they play in pursuit of personal freedom and wanted to share her new found perspective with the world.  

In 2013, Amanda encountered Bitcoin.  Like many of us, she read and studied it with passion and eventually wrote blog posts for several large Bitcoin publications including Bitcoin Magazine, CoinTelegraph, Bitcoin.com. In late 2015, Amanda started a YouTube series entitled The Daily Decrypt, which discussed the currency competition and evolution taking place in the crypto space. Read more...

Link isn't working???  

Found it on youtube Smiley  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2v1jmMplYk

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 04:20:22 AM

The discussion is being held on Monero's StackExchange, because Dash by a wide margin failed to qualify for StackExchange and never will because it is a community of get-rich-quick low information types unlike the high brow SE.

Why aren't the "exact mathematical probabilities" subject to the Birthday Paradox, in which far fewer adversarial Sybil nodes than one might guess are needed to unravel the entire Coinjoin sweater?

You seem to be asserting Masternodes benefit from some kind of inverse Birthday Paradox relationship, where everything just happens to luckily work out for the best.

It would be nice if exact numbers were available for evaluation on neutral ground such as StackExchange, or an equivalent with less stringent requirements that Dash actually might be able to meet.

If Tante can find the obscure/exotic proof for your claims, perhaps she may also submit it for discussion on the Monero SE comparison thread.

paradoxical i did not realize it was your birthday, happy birthday man, i'll get you a sweater.

while looking for that chart i stumbled upon a important dash thread that required my attention. that thread lead me to other threads/issues that now require my attention. so your not really important question will have to wait until i have time or someone else post the chart info. it was posted on dash talk by evan long ago but there is so much info there (unlike some other coins forums Grin) it got buried.

I'm only asking for very basic information wrt Darksend|Masternode Sybil resistance.

Why is this basic information about DarkSend buried somewhere, underneath layers of distractions?

Why not put this "feature" in the OP, as other ostensibly privacy-driven coins showcase their privacy tech?

Is there a reason it's kept out of the spotlight, while hand waving and marketing rule the day?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:39:18 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 05:22:08 AM by MasterMined710

Why not put this "feature" in the OP, as other ostensibly privacy-driven coins showcase their privacy tech?

because it's not that important as far as realistic attack vectors go. most critics/trolls looked at the info long ago and realized the math and tech was solid and moved on to looking for other things to complain about.

also, unlike other one trick pony coins dash has many main features not just one. Tongue
i'll look for it again although i know it won't shut you up. we do appreciate the all bumps though! Grin

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:17:52 AM

(or Bitcoin)

Hey Ashe, great work this was a really good podcast. Everyone should check it out if someone has not done that yet.  I sent you some Dash to support the show. Cheers.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?23a89354bdd766b5fd24c0d64a838eac0816cdf85d847573188f78002a8f4a46.htm

BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:19:06 AM

Its amazing volume these days, also BTC-e is pickign up the market too. Would be nice to have DASH more equaly distributed across the exchanges. Dont like the poloniex manipulation with margin trading.

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
tulipbubble

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:21:25 AM

DASH goes higher again, after yesterday correction, the price is back to the normal track, nice.
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:31:49 AM

I sepnt 1 hour today just reading poloniex trol box, its so entertaining!

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:34:15 AM

MASSIVE DUMP INCOMING 3.......2...........1  Wink
espressodelisi

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:36:54 AM

I am mining ETH with my small 4xGPU  rig and selling them on polo to buy Dash.

is there any pool that will do this automaticaly? I mine eth they pay dash.
like two years ago, there was a multipool that pays dash but I dont know if they sitl exist.
cheapcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 10:46:43 AM

I sepnt 1 hour today just reading poloniex trol box, its so entertaining!

Of course, very amusing there, sometimes I laugh when I see. They helps coins pump and dump there. Thanks them for dash pump.  Grin

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 12:37:21 PM

Ssshhhhhh.  Don't interrupt the Trolleros. What ever they are doing here on the forums or on poll troll box is working great in increasing our value. Lol

Thanks trolleros for all the hard work you put into us Wink
Scuds31091

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:37:58 PM

I don't know if this is more trolling, but polo box was talking about this...

https://twitter.com/_c0mrad/status/766626691380834304

can anyone confirm if it's real or fake?

moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 02:06:23 PM

I don't know if this is more trolling, but polo box was talking about this...

https://twitter.com/_c0mrad/status/766626691380834304

can anyone confirm if it's real or fake?

Total fud. I keep our software up to date.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:10:33 PM

Its amazing volume these days, also BTC-e is pickign up the market too. Would be nice to have DASH more equaly distributed across the exchanges. Dont like the poloniex manipulation with margin trading.
Yes but margin trading bring us lot of volume and liquidity.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:11:22 PM

I am mining ETH with my small 4xGPU  rig and selling them on polo to buy Dash.

is there any pool that will do this automaticaly? I mine eth they pay dash.
like two years ago, there was a multipool that pays dash but I dont know if they sitl exist.

Yes it was xpool.ca, but it's closed now. change it to zpool.ca you can mine everything there but pay only in BTC.
Pages: « 1 ... 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 [5986] 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: