Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:40:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 [6055] 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:53:09 PM

How weird.... it doesn't make sense!  I have just used Kraken's contact form to ask them.  Let's see what they say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:01:00 PM

***cropped***
We have a bucket load of ideas for such an initiative, but essentially, it involves moving away from the screen.

Um, I don't understand, could you spell it out?  You mean, stop using BCT, etc?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:02:34 PM

The only person I ever convinced to use crypto who did more than just buying some to hold as an investment was a market stall owner. I initially tried to pay him with a debit card and he told me he didn't take cards, so I told him he should take Bitcoin as all he needed was to download an app to his phone and he said he'd been thinking of buying some bitcoin anyway to pay for torrents so he took my advice and started accepting bitcoin payments.

Now THAT is COOL!  And I honestly believe this is where it's at.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
cryptofarmer

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 09:16:56 PM

www.Mining-Dutch.nl

Back in business.!
All bugs and problems solved and mining blocks stable.!

Hope to see you back soon.

www.Mining-Dutch.nl  (Merged Mining - Multiport / Multi algo)
Coinopoly

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:24:58 PM

Greetings fellow traders and privacy advocates,

We've just published our Semaphor review. It's a slack alternative with a focus on privacy. There's a review option at the bottom of the article for anyone who would like to contribute their feedback for the developers to improve on any areas we might of missed. The review section doesn't require an e-mail address.

https://coinopoly.xyz/semaphor-slack-for-the-cryptocurrency-world
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 12:54:07 AM

ShakePay Launches Dash Debit Card: Q&A w/ Founder Jean Amiouny

https://youtu.be/y3eco7GkrpU

Yah, that's 3 levels of middle men.  Shakepay, Their exchange to BTC, then something like Coinbase to bank.  Why should we accept this?  That's probably 3% minimum you have to pay to accept Dash!  Where is the savings.  Savings enough to even bother with all this shit?  We need to bring this down to one exchange that will take Dash, turn it into Fiat and deposit it into your bank.  Get rid of all the middle men.  And we need to do it ASAP or we will not survive.

We need to provide a nice carrot to entice a group ripe for need, and I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first (hell, that's EXACTLY the people Paypal started out with, and have now been raping!)  All these middle men aren't needed.  What we need is a Dash to fiat exchange that accepts IX, can convert to fiat immediately and send it off automatically to their bank account.  One step, not 3/4 steps.  And make it so they can CHOOSE which exchange they want to use.

I'm not saying don't allow other companies come up with services, but I am saying we have to be competitive against all other coins, or we will lose our lead.  And we do need to stop playing favorites in my opinion.  We are creating monopolies which will bite us in the ass in the future, and kill the whole reason why cryptos exist in the first place.  I can see these 3rd party solutions being useful for big industry some day, but the little guy, the lowest merchant is the one who is going to make or break crypto, I promise you.

'I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first . . . '

Wow! Us IndiaMikeZulu guys have been arguing this case since we undertook to introduce cryptos 'cold' to an entire town late 2013/early 2014.

We have a bucket load of ideas for such an initiative, but essentially, it involves moving away from the screen.

[Got news about bullion purchases with cryptos in Australia shortly.]

The only person I ever convinced to use crypto who did more than just buying some to hold as an investment was a market stall owner. I initially tried to pay him with a debit card and he told me he didn't take cards, so I told him he should take Bitcoin as all he needed was to download an app to his phone and he said he'd been thinking of buying some bitcoin anyway to pay for torrents so he took my advice and started accepting bitcoin payments.

I sure to take your point, cryptorials! Don't wanna think how much time/money we've spent on 'community devving' on cryptos. But . . . we're committed to libertarian adoption, and have traded cryptos for bullion, petrol, eggs, vegies, fruit, computer parts, printing services, and groceries.

If nothing else, it's given us fabulous experience in how to go about all this when mass adoption does get traction.

Would like all Australians here to PM me (regardless of what cryptos you trade) so we can build a P2P network (which actually exists with some other cryptos).
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 02:07:27 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2016, 08:03:21 AM by tungfa

Dash Conference Season Coming up

– Daniel + Evan
Presentation @
LaBitConf Argentina
http://www.labitconf.com
– Fernando
Presentation @
Barcelona BTC Meet up
https://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-barcelona/
see you there ; )

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:34:56 AM

***cropped***

Um, I don't understand, could you spell it out?  You mean, stop using BCT, etc?

Hey, TanteStefana! Not always away from the screen, but undertaking promotion activities in the world.

Just for fun, here are some details of the Crypto Town Denmark (Western Australia) project that we undertook with our own funds in 2013-2014:

paid Australia Post to deliver crypto-project info to every letter box in town. Contacted and held meetings with the Shire Council, small-business development officer, tourist-accommodation-management office, the Council's computer-education centre, the local environmental centre, some local business people, and others.

We created three 'Red Dogs'*, computer 'notebooks' preloaded with a Doge wallet with coin, which we 'set free' in town for folks to muck about with. Then we set up an 'exchange' on a dedicated word-press site. It had 500K Doge to be claimed in chunks by any one who wanted it. Then paid for weeks of ads in the local paper to explain how Denmark people could claim their free Doge. (Doge: great 'training-coin' at that time. Helpful community.)

And we 'sold' -- gave away -- jams and chutney, at the Denmark Easter Fair, to anyone who was ready to literally 'push the button' on an Android wallet. (We'd prepaid in fiat the cost of the wares to the stall holder.)

At the time, we only knew of two similar projects in the world, and we were involved just a little in one of those: http://coinalert.eu/2000124331-Bitcoin+Alternative+Franko+FRK+Merchant+Adoption+Rates+Soaring+As+Value+Increases+Another+500.html

The Outcome, readers?

We learned an enormous amount, notwithstanding our very modest success in Denmark. One was: the experience for a newcomer of actually using a wallet (android on a smartphone or a laptop at a trestle table at a market), for the first time, is powerful. A second was: become practised at explaining cryptos in a short clear simple manner that a non-IT person can understand, then shut up and await questions. Another was -- and I don't mean to criticise the Franko crew, but it's my observation:

ultimately, it's always the community!!! The Franko community had dropped in their lap an opportunity (arranged by the dev) that had all the potential in the world. But the amount of honest investment they made in developing it was zero.

If any crypto's community members go out and set up merchants -- and 'mentor' them in security etc. -- the crypto world is that community's oyster!!

*After an Australian film about a dog that had no owner, and got about on its own.

http://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Bitcoin-Perth/messages/boards/thread/44292882

Here's a couple of IndiaMikeZulu members with the Manager of the Denmark Community Resource Centre, which began accepting both Bitcoin and Litecoin (though sadly they stopped when that guy left some time later): http://imgur.com/a/PCRUK
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 08:05:32 AM

Only one coin will be a real big game changer.
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 09:05:38 AM

Yah, that's 3 levels of middle men.  Shakepay, Their exchange to BTC, then something like Coinbase to bank.  Why should we accept this?  That's probably 3% minimum you have to pay to accept Dash!  Where is the savings.  Savings enough to even bother with all this shit?  We need to bring this down to one exchange that will take Dash, turn it into Fiat and deposit it into your bank.  Get rid of all the middle men.  And we need to do it ASAP or we will not survive.

We need to provide a nice carrot to entice a group ripe for need, and I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first (hell, that's EXACTLY the people Paypal started out with, and have now been raping!)  All these middle men aren't needed.  What we need is a Dash to fiat exchange that accepts IX, can convert to fiat immediately and send it off automatically to their bank account.  One step, not 3/4 steps.  And make it so they can CHOOSE which exchange they want to use.

I'm not saying don't allow other companies come up with services, but I am saying we have to be competitive against all other coins, or we will lose our lead.  And we do need to stop playing favorites in my opinion.  We are creating monopolies which will bite us in the ass in the future, and kill the whole reason why cryptos exist in the first place.  I can see these 3rd party solutions being useful for big industry some day, but the little guy, the lowest merchant is the one who is going to make or break crypto, I promise you.

'I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first . . . '

Wow! Us IndiaMikeZulu guys have been arguing this case since we undertook to introduce cryptos 'cold' to an entire town late 2013/early 2014.

I sure to take your point, cryptorials! Don't wanna think how much time/money we've spent on 'community devving' on cryptos. But . . . we're committed to libertarian adoption, and have traded cryptos for bullion, petrol, eggs, vegies, fruit, computer parts, printing services, and groceries.

If nothing else, it's given us fabulous experience in how to go about all this when mass adoption does get traction.

Would like all Australians here to PM me (regardless of what cryptos you trade) so we can build a P2P network (which actually exists with some other cryptos).

ozzie here mate - gold coast queensland currently ...

publicly - not pm - summoning the request for more info ...

let me know ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 10:45:20 AM

Dcash(Dash) Zcash  position.

Change position between Monero and Dash now.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 11:53:12 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2016, 12:51:37 PM by toknormal

Well, it's a coin that doesn't like to be too far away from its comfort zone.
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 01:18:04 PM

Well, it's a coin that doesn't like to be too far away from its comfort zone.

Position changed between dash and monero.
Next target is Ltc, Ripple.
Dcash and Zcash fly together, I think.
Etc is friend of monero.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 03:55:22 PM

For 100 percents agree to those TanteStefana2 words - " What we need is a Dash to fiat exchange that accepts IX, can convert to fiat immediately and send it off automatically to their bank account.  One step, not 3/4 steps. "

Dash to euros in 1 step
This is where Dash need to go...Think this is big step in future for Dash.. I dont know -maybe is there some people in Dash team who contacted with big axchanges- bitfinex, btc-e, bitstamp, coinbase etc..about this idea..
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 05:36:00 PM

Soft/Hard Forks vs. 'Sporks': Evan Duffield Explains How Dash is Different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-ebgbgK-M

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:03:11 PM

Soft/Hard Forks vs. 'Sporks': Evan Duffield Explains How Dash is Different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-ebgbgK-M

WTF! Evan has a Doge_Dog!  Cheesy
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 10:32:54 PM

Yah, that's 3 levels of middle men.  Shakepay, Their exchange to BTC, then something like Coinbase to bank.  Why should we accept this?  That's probably 3% minimum you have to pay to accept Dash!  Where is the savings.  Savings enough to even bother with all this shit?  We need to bring this down to one exchange that will take Dash, turn it into Fiat and deposit it into your bank.  Get rid of all the middle men.  And we need to do it ASAP or we will not survive.

We need to provide a nice carrot to entice a group ripe for need, and I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first (hell, that's EXACTLY the people Paypal started out with, and have now been raping!)  All these middle men aren't needed.  What we need is a Dash to fiat exchange that accepts IX, can convert to fiat immediately and send it off automatically to their bank account.  One step, not 3/4 steps.  And make it so they can CHOOSE which exchange they want to use.

I'm not saying don't allow other companies come up with services, but I am saying we have to be competitive against all other coins, or we will lose our lead.  And we do need to stop playing favorites in my opinion.  We are creating monopolies which will bite us in the ass in the future, and kill the whole reason why cryptos exist in the first place.  I can see these 3rd party solutions being useful for big industry some day, but the little guy, the lowest merchant is the one who is going to make or break crypto, I promise you.

ozzie here mate - gold coast queensland currently ...

publicly - not pm - summoning the request for more info ...

let me know ...

#crysx

Australian DASH-ers Here!

Well, Crysx. We're a 'trust-alliance' of crypto geeks here in W.A. Always happy to involve ourselves in hare-brained P2P trades. (And DASH-OtherCoin trades? Yeh . . . send me a PM on this one: we actually run a P2P 'exchange.' Don't wanna seem to be trolling here.)

Just finally finally finally had some joy with the bullion<>crypto thang. Bullionmark will soon be accepting Bitcoin. Then I'll patiently try to inveigle The Main Guy to accept Dash.

And I suggest that we all get to grips with Living Room of Satoshi. We've been using them since they started up. Daniel, The Main Guy, is splendidly in touch.

And I'd like to see appraisals of bitcoingiftcards. The site gives me the willies -- a real disappointment -- but the cards sold are very reasonably priced. Can we get the owner to accept DASH directly?

And for fun: any Aussie wanna buy with DASH a bottle of award-winning steak sauce? (How Aussie.)

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 10:51:24 PM

***cropped***

Um, I don't understand, could you spell it out?  You mean, stop using BCT, etc?

Hey, TanteStefana! Not always away from the screen, but undertaking promotion activities in the world.

Just for fun, here are some details of the Crypto Town Denmark (Western Australia) project that we undertook with our own funds in 2013-2014:

paid Australia Post to deliver crypto-project info to every letter box in town. Contacted and held meetings with the Shire Council, small-business development officer, tourist-accommodation-management office, the Council's computer-education centre, the local environmental centre, some local business people, and others.

We created three 'Red Dogs'*, computer 'notebooks' preloaded with a Doge wallet with coin, which we 'set free' in town for folks to muck about with. Then we set up an 'exchange' on a dedicated word-press site. It had 500K Doge to be claimed in chunks by any one who wanted it. Then paid for weeks of ads in the local paper to explain how Denmark people could claim their free Doge. (Doge: great 'training-coin' at that time. Helpful community.)

And we 'sold' -- gave away -- jams and chutney, at the Denmark Easter Fair, to anyone who was ready to literally 'push the button' on an Android wallet. (We'd prepaid in fiat the cost of the wares to the stall holder.)

At the time, we only knew of two similar projects in the world, and we were involved just a little in one of those: http://coinalert.eu/2000124331-Bitcoin+Alternative+Franko+FRK+Merchant+Adoption+Rates+Soaring+As+Value+Increases+Another+500.html

The Outcome, readers?

We learned an enormous amount, notwithstanding our very modest success in Denmark. One was: the experience for a newcomer of actually using a wallet (android on a smartphone or a laptop at a trestle table at a market), for the first time, is powerful. A second was: become practised at explaining cryptos in a short clear simple manner that a non-IT person can understand, then shut up and await questions. Another was -- and I don't mean to criticise the Franko crew, but it's my observation:

ultimately, it's always the community!!! The Franko community had dropped in their lap an opportunity (arranged by the dev) that had all the potential in the world. But the amount of honest investment they made in developing it was zero.

If any crypto's community members go out and set up merchants -- and 'mentor' them in security etc. -- the crypto world is that community's oyster!!

*After an Australian film about a dog that had no owner, and got about on its own.

http://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Bitcoin-Perth/messages/boards/thread/44292882

Here's a couple of IndiaMikeZulu members with the Manager of the Denmark Community Resource Centre, which began accepting both Bitcoin and Litecoin (though sadly they stopped when that guy left some time later): http://imgur.com/a/PCRUK

Well darn it, we could really use you HERE: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/we-need-merchants-using-dash.11308/#post-106813  Please come and bring your ideas!  And please tell me what you think of my ideas in the last post?  Is it viable?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 10:59:10 PM

For 100 percents agree to those TanteStefana2 words - " What we need is a Dash to fiat exchange that accepts IX, can convert to fiat immediately and send it off automatically to their bank account.  One step, not 3/4 steps. "

Dash to euros in 1 step
This is where Dash need to go...Think this is big step in future for Dash.. I dont know -maybe is there some people in Dash team who contacted with big axchanges- bitfinex, btc-e, bitstamp, coinbase etc..about this idea..

We do have a few to work with:

6    xBTCe   DASH/USD    $29,347    $8.77    2.47%    Recently
8    BTC-E   DASH/USD    $10,077    $8.77    0.85%    Recently
9    Exmo   DASH/USD    $9,480    $8.97    0.80%    Recently
10    Livecoin   DASH/USD    $9,414    $8.91    0.79%    Recently

But you can see they don't have the best volume.  Still, they may either grow exponentially if merchants can be brought in via my proposed grass roots effort idea???
Please come join the conversation here:  https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/we-need-merchants-using-dash.11308/#post-106813

and lets brainstorm?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 11:01:48 PM

Australian DASH-ers Here!

Well, Crysx. We're a 'trust-alliance' of crypto geeks here in W.A. Always happy to involve ourselves in hare-brained P2P trades. (And DASH-OtherCoin trades? Yeh . . . send me a PM on this one: we actually run a P2P 'exchange.' Don't wanna seem to be trolling here.)

Just finally finally finally had some joy with the bullion<>crypto thang. Bullionmark will soon be accepting Bitcoin. Then I'll patiently try to inveigle The Main Guy to accept Dash.

And I suggest that we all get to grips with Living Room of Satoshi. We've been using them since they started up. Daniel, The Main Guy, is splendidly in touch.

And I'd like to see appraisals of bitcoingiftcards. The site gives me the willies -- a real disappointment -- but the cards sold are very reasonably priced. Can we get the owner to accept DASH directly?

And for fun: any Aussie wanna buy with DASH a bottle of award-winning steak sauce? (How Aussie.)

Congrats!  And again, please come join the conversation above on DashTalk, 'cause we need you too!

Pages: « 1 ... 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 [6055] 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: