Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:30:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 [6054] 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 08:02:31 AM

I am also add coins to make a masternode.
If price goes to  8~6 $ next week, you would have good chance !!
Check my dumpping  price chart
All went to zcash and btc, but I add a masternode today.

[/quote]

Dash price very stable hold 8,2-8,9$ in this unstable period. ..if it go under 8$ I'm also buy some coins. All depends from bitcoin next week's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 08:12:03 PM

Looks like Dash is bouncing back pretty hard.

Still, I'm really getting worried here.  A lot of time and money is being spent on the same things over and over, website and logo, marketing, etc...  Don't get me wrong, I agree these things are important, but I see this gaping hole that isn't being worked on at all.  That is merchant integration. 

I believe we are losing ground on adoption.  I realize the core team wants to do things in a nice linear fashion.  Finish up Evolution, then make apps that will make Dash easier to use, then hope merchants will use apps someone else creates for them to accept Dash.  However, Dash Evolution is complex and will still take a long time to debut, and in the meantime we are losing ground to others who see the importance of merchant adoption. 

If we don't bring this highly neglected sector up to the level everything else has come to, we are going to win the battle but lose the war.  We need merchant tools ASAP.  And we need them to be decentralized so that merchants can choose which products and service combinations they want and that are most advantageous to them.  But I see very little work in this direction.  All we have is expensive credit cards that can be used in the existing commerce system, which in fact adds 4.5% to every purchase (along with the 3%+ the merchant has to pay)  This is cool, especially if shake, or whatever their name is, can reduce the cost to free eventually, but it's NOT adoption!

Crypto-currencies have one big advantage to adoption, and that is cost!  They're virtually free IF a merchant accepts the coins and holds.  They're super cheap, around 1%, if a merchant chooses to cash out their coins for Fiat at their chosen exchange.  THIS is where merchant integration should be focused.  Helping merchants accept Dash (as an equal to fiat or credit cards) as payment.  We need to get people to NEED to use Dash, and Dash alone. Because it is instant and secure (huge network) it's also private. 

This needs to be fixed ASAP.  We can't afford to wait for Evolution.  By that time, we will have lost our head start and other coins will make inroads into the minds of merchants and users. 

But how do we do this?  The core team really doesn't understand the needs of merchants.  We need a new team to do this work.  To take over this kind of integration, this service to sell to merchants.  We have a chicken or egg situation, and we simply have to create both at the same time.

Is there anyone out there who is considering working for Dash, the network (not core)?  Can you provide ideas and hopefully solutions to this problem?

Something like square's Point of Sales solution?  This could work for any small business, especially hobbyists flea markets, etc... We need to make REAL inroads into a marketplace, and as the Jackalope festival showed us, the easiest inroads would be wit free thinking, advantage seeking individual merchants.  Lets make it so advantageous for them to use Dash, that it becomes the must-have and most desirable payment option.

But we need someone with the skill and vision to make this happen.  if that's you, please come discuss this here

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 12:37:28 AM

Quote from: gusterdd  

I am also add coins to make a masternode.
If price goes to  8~6 $ next week, you would have good chance !!
Check my dumpping  price chart
All went to zcash and btc, but I add a masternode today.

Dash price very stable hold 8,2-8,9$ in this unstable period. ..if it go under 8$ I'm also buy some coins. All depends from bitcoin next week's.

I added a masternode yesterday,
It is always hard for me to set a masternode.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 12:49:56 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2016, 10:26:44 AM by tungfa

Evan D is prepping for his Dash presentation @ LaBitConf Buenos Aires - 5th Nov 10 am ; )

http://www.labitconf.com/blog/speakers/evan-duffield/

Smiley

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 03:42:08 AM

Looks like Dash is bouncing back pretty hard.

Still, I'm really getting worried here.  A lot of time and money is being spent on the same things over and over, website and logo, marketing, etc...  Don't get me wrong, I agree these things are important, but I see this gaping hole that isn't being worked on at all.  That is merchant integration. 

I believe we are losing ground on adoption.  I realize the core team wants to do things in a nice linear fashion.  Finish up Evolution, then make apps that will make Dash easier to use, then hope merchants will use apps someone else creates for them to accept Dash.  However, Dash Evolution is complex and will still take a long time to debut, and in the meantime we are losing ground to others who see the importance of merchant adoption. 

If we don't bring this highly neglected sector up to the level everything else has come to, we are going to win the battle but lose the war.  We need merchant tools ASAP.  And we need them to be decentralized so that merchants can choose which products and service combinations they want and that are most advantageous to them.  But I see very little work in this direction.  All we have is expensive credit cards that can be used in the existing commerce system, which in fact adds 4.5% to every purchase (along with the 3%+ the merchant has to pay)  This is cool, especially if shake, or whatever their name is, can reduce the cost to free eventually, but it's NOT adoption!

Crypto-currencies have one big advantage to adoption, and that is cost!  They're virtually free IF a merchant accepts the coins and holds.  They're super cheap, around 1%, if a merchant chooses to cash out their coins for Fiat at their chosen exchange.  THIS is where merchant integration should be focused.  Helping merchants accept Dash (as an equal to fiat or credit cards) as payment.  We need to get people to NEED to use Dash, and Dash alone. Because it is instant and secure (huge network) it's also private. 

This needs to be fixed ASAP.  We can't afford to wait for Evolution.  By that time, we will have lost our head start and other coins will make inroads into the minds of merchants and users. 

But how do we do this?  The core team really doesn't understand the needs of merchants.  We need a new team to do this work.  To take over this kind of integration, this service to sell to merchants.  We have a chicken or egg situation, and we simply have to create both at the same time.

Is there anyone out there who is considering working for Dash, the network (not core)?  Can you provide ideas and hopefully solutions to this problem?

Something like square's Point of Sales solution?  This could work for any small business, especially hobbyists flea markets, etc... We need to make REAL inroads into a marketplace, and as the Jackalope festival showed us, the easiest inroads would be wit free thinking, advantage seeking individual merchants.  Lets make it so advantageous for them to use Dash, that it becomes the must-have and most desirable payment option.

But we need someone with the skill and vision to make this happen.  if that's you, please come discuss this here

I am happy to help and will send you a PM.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 04:06:14 AM

' . . . this gaping hole that isn't being worked on at all.  That is merchant integration.'

If you're DASH and in Australia and wanna work on merchant adoption/trading stuff, PM me.

Mark
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 10:13:20 AM

Many New Proposals are up
Please Vote !

https://www.dashcentral.org/budget

What is…:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/x/HgCD

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 11:58:48 AM

Evan D is prepping for his Dash presentation @ LaBitConf Buenos Aires - 5th Nov 10 am ; )

"Evan Duffield has been developing software since I was 15,"  Huh
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 03:46:05 PM

I've just sent € funds to Kraken to buy Bitcoin in order that I can transfer it to Polo and buy some Dash - and saw that Kraken has already added ZEC to their offer!  They have ZEC/USD, ZEC/EUR, ZEC/CAD, ZEC/GBP, ZEC/JPY,..... yet I'm still having to transact via BTC in order to buy Dash with my euros!  Can anyone explain why Kraken hasn't added Dash already and whether anybody is working on this?  It seems a bit lame that Dash isn't there when ZEC is there from launch...
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 03:57:32 PM

Please Vote !

What is…:

'

Yes, please vote! There is 1100 unallocated DASH this budget cycle. The following proposals do not yet have the votes to pass. I'm not saying to vote for them, but if you haven't voted yet, you might take a look:

Barcelona Bitcoin Meetup
Dash Community
Odoo DASH crypto module
For the Community

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 03:58:50 PM

I've just sent € funds to Kraken to buy Bitcoin in order that I can transfer it to Polo and buy some Dash - and saw that Kraken has already added ZEC to their offer!  They have ZEC/USD, ZEC/EUR, ZEC/CAD, ZEC/GBP, ZEC/JPY,..... yet I'm still having to transact via BTC in order to buy Dash with my euros!  Can anyone explain why Kraken hasn't added Dash already and whether anybody is working on this?  It seems a bit lame that Dash isn't there when ZEC is there from launch...

This is one I never could figure out either. They have several coins I've never even heard of, but not DASH. I used to think they were scared of the privacy-centric nature of DASH, but since they've added Zcoin, I can only assume they have some personal animus against us. Does anybody have any idea what it could be?

It just doesn't make any sense...

Dash - Digital Cash
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:37:24 PM

My prediction of the week : in a few weeks Dash will rank number 5 and consolidate on that position.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:48:58 PM

"Evan Duffield has been developing software since I was 15,"  Huh

ahhh, a riddle .. i like it. If writer of that article was 15 since Evan Duffield has been developing software, how old is writer now ?  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:57:44 PM

This is one I never could figure out either. They have several coins I've never even heard of, but not DASH. I used to think they were scared of the privacy-centric nature of DASH, but since they've added Zcoin, I can only assume they have some personal animus against us. Does anybody have any idea what it could be?

Common sense tells me that exchanges generally don't care about distribution, "fairness" or developer intentions. They are interested in 2 things: trading volume and security. So if the trading fees are worth the trouble of adding another asset and if it doesn't compromise security they should do it.

Historically, Dash has had the lowest trading volume of all top 10 alts so this might be the cause. I suppose the recent BTC-e listing happened because they expected some kind of high-volume action to happen soon. But seems like they were wrong and another coin was pumped (and dumped) instead.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 10:51:21 PM

ShakePay Launches Dash Debit Card: Q&A w/ Founder Jean Amiouny

https://youtu.be/y3eco7GkrpU

Yah, that's 3 levels of middle men.  Shakepay, Their exchange to BTC, then something like Coinbase to bank.  Why should we accept this?  That's probably 3% minimum you have to pay to accept Dash!  Where is the savings.  Savings enough to even bother with all this shit?  We need to bring this down to one exchange that will take Dash, turn it into Fiat and deposit it into your bank.  Get rid of all the middle men.  And we need to do it ASAP or we will not survive.

We need to provide a nice carrot to entice a group ripe for need, and I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first (hell, that's EXACTLY the people Paypal started out with, and have now been raping!)  All these middle men aren't needed.  What we need is a Dash to fiat exchange that accepts IX, can convert to fiat immediately and send it off automatically to their bank account.  One step, not 3/4 steps.  And make it so they can CHOOSE which exchange they want to use.

I'm not saying don't allow other companies come up with services, but I am saying we have to be competitive against all other coins, or we will lose our lead.  And we do need to stop playing favorites in my opinion.  We are creating monopolies which will bite us in the ass in the future, and kill the whole reason why cryptos exist in the first place.  I can see these 3rd party solutions being useful for big industry some day, but the little guy, the lowest merchant is the one who is going to make or break crypto, I promise you.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:33:53 AM

Please Vote !

What is…:

'

Yes, please vote! There is 1100 unallocated DASH this budget cycle. The following proposals do not yet have the votes to pass. I'm not saying to vote for them, but if you haven't voted yet, you might take a look:

Barcelona Bitcoin Meetup
Dash Community
Odoo DASH crypto module
For the Community

+1 to this, and if you're checking out what's available to vote for, please consider voting for the Odoo integration of Dash!!!

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:09:17 AM

Yah, that's 3 levels of middle men.  Shakepay, Their exchange to BTC, then something like Coinbase to bank.  Why should we accept this?  That's probably 3% minimum you have to pay to accept Dash!  Where is the savings.  Savings enough to even bother with all this shit?  We need to bring this down to one exchange that will take Dash, turn it into Fiat and deposit it into your bank.  Get rid of all the middle men.  And we need to do it ASAP or we will not survive.

We need to provide a nice carrot to entice a group ripe for need, and I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first (hell, that's EXACTLY the people Paypal started out with, and have now been raping!)  All these middle men aren't needed.  What we need is a Dash to fiat exchange that accepts IX, can convert to fiat immediately and send it off automatically to their bank account.  One step, not 3/4 steps.  And make it so they can CHOOSE which exchange they want to use.

I'm not saying don't allow other companies come up with services, but I am saying we have to be competitive against all other coins, or we will lose our lead.  And we do need to stop playing favorites in my opinion.  We are creating monopolies which will bite us in the ass in the future, and kill the whole reason why cryptos exist in the first place.  I can see these 3rd party solutions being useful for big industry some day, but the little guy, the lowest merchant is the one who is going to make or break crypto, I promise you.

'I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first . . . '

Wow! Us IndiaMikeZulu guys have been arguing this case since we undertook to introduce cryptos 'cold' to an entire town late 2013/early 2014.

We have a bucket load of ideas for such an initiative, but essentially, it involves moving away from the screen.

[Got news about bullion purchases with cryptos in Australia shortly.]
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:46:54 AM

'I say it's the small merchant, the ones that set up shop at conventions, flea markets and etsy that we should be going after first . . . '

Wow! Us IndiaMikeZulu guys have been arguing this case since we undertook to introduce cryptos 'cold' to an entire town late 2013/early 2014.

We have a bucket load of ideas for such an initiative, but essentially, it involves moving away from the screen.

[Got news about bullion purchases with cryptos in Australia shortly.]

The only person I ever convinced to use crypto who did more than just buying some to hold as an investment was a market stall owner. I initially tried to pay him with a debit card and he told me he didn't take cards, so I told him he should take Bitcoin as all he needed was to download an app to his phone and he said he'd been thinking of buying some bitcoin anyway to pay for torrents so he took my advice and started accepting bitcoin payments.

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:19:19 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 02:08:08 PM by tungfa

Dash’s babygiraffe  : Govts Could Target Businesses That Seek to Integrate Anonymous Currencies

https://cointelegraph.com/news/dashs-baby-giraffe-govts-could-target-businesses-that-seek-to-integrate-anonymous-currencies

ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:55:47 PM

Common sense tells me that exchanges generally don't care about distribution, "fairness" or developer intentions. They are interested in 2 things: trading volume and security. So if the trading fees are worth the trouble of adding another asset and if it doesn't compromise security they should do it.

Historically, Dash has had the lowest trading volume of all top 10 alts so this might be the cause. I suppose the recent BTC-e listing happened because they expected some kind of high-volume action to happen soon. But seems like they were wrong and another coin was pumped (and dumped) instead.

See, you're exactly right with respect to what you'd *think* would happen. But let's look at what actually has happened:

Kraken trades Stellar Lumens, with $76,000 total volume daily
Kraken trades Iconomi, with $191,000 total volume daily
Kraken trades Augur, with $450,000 total volume daily
Kraken DOES NOT TRADE Dash, with $1,100,000 total volume daily

Granted, I'm using the last 24 hours' trade volume as my "total volume daily" measurement, but it should be good enough for my purposes. Dash has a trading volume up to FIFTEEN TIMES GREATER than some of the alts Kraken trades.

The decision to incorporate those alts and not Dash is economically irrational, which means there must be something outside of economics at play here.

(Bitfinex is similar, with several low-volume alts but no Dash. They delisted us and then added coins with a fraction of our daily volume.)

Dash - Digital Cash
Pages: « 1 ... 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 [6054] 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: