Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 [1602] 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

NO REAL WORLD BUSINESS WILL EVER USE ANONYMOUS TRANSFERS.  I work in finance / accounting and let me tell you for a fact that this will NEVER happen.  One word: AUDIT
Please show us all invoices, business bank statements, how much you pay yourselves for what you sell, etc. for your company.

Or maybe you don't want to? You think they should be private and not potentially viewable by anyone with an internet connection?

Look, I am CPA (USA) and this is my professional opinion.  I just don't see it happening, ever.  Because with anon transfers there is no way to prove the recipient nor the sender (unless I am mistaken?).  When you are keeping records, even with cash (as the example was given earlier), you need copies of receipts and invoices for documentation.  With anonymous transfers all you have is "your word" which is, to put it bluntly, bullshit.  

It's exactly like using cash.  If you are a business, you receive coins for a transaction ( if this is online, you give an automatic receipt to the customer), and you're finished.

If you are the customer, you send coins to your distributor with a purchase order or else get a receipt.  You CAN prove he got the coins, you just can't prove you sent them.  Just like at the grocery store, you hand the checkout person a $20 and he gives you back change for a $10, you need to rely on a bit of trust.

So maybe you do not want to use "cash" for certain purchases.  In that case, you can go with a check.  It's merely an option.  Certainly, as a business accepting Darkcoin for transactions is completely and irrevocably safe.  Way better than a credit card or anything else.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:28:02 AM

You can hate on me all you want, but what I'm saying is true. I am 100% for anon tech, and I don't know about other countries, but this will never be adopted by companies in USA.  
Yet so many American's have Swiss bank accounts and all US multi nationals have head offices in low tax jurisdictions like Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong etc...  LOL  Cheesy

Americans and American companies LOVE to pay TAXES!!!  They are really upright and LOVE their government. LOL   Cheesy

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:29:50 AM

You can hate on me all you want, but what I'm saying is true. I am 100% for anon tech, and I don't know about other countries, but this will never be adopted by companies in USA.  
Yet so many American's have Swiss bank accounts and all US multi nationals have head offices in low tax jurisdictions like Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong etc...  LOL  Cheesy

Americans and American companies LOVE to pay TAXES!!!  They are really upright and LOVE their government. LOL   Cheesy
Let me just say the first person to demonstrate to a US company how to legally reduce their taxes using Darkcoins, is going to MINT a FORTUNE.   Cheesy

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:31:18 AM

Let me just say the first person to demonstrate to a US company how to legally reduce their taxes using Darkcoins, is going to MINT a FORTUNE.   Cheesy
I will employ you, my young CPA friend to do all the paperwork for me.  Cheesy

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:31:41 AM

While that may be true, it has nothing at all to do with this community or the creative geniuses behind the tech.

PM for any further help and my business card Grin
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:35:44 AM

I am supporting XC and DRK I own both.  And I support anonymous tech as well.  But this will not be adopted into business.  Most companies impose heavy restrictions on the amount of physical cash that can be used for these exact reasons.  And the law (USA) requires that trades and businesses report cash payments of more than $10,000 to the federal government by filing IRS/FinCEN Form 8300 (Exhibit 1).  So, this immediately shuts down the possibility of anon transfers of more than $10,000 for any business.  But in general I can never see any business adopting anonymous transactions.

You can hate on me all you want, but what I'm saying is true.  I am 100% for anon tech, and I don't know about other countries, but this will never be adopted by companies in USA.  

If you really are a CPA, you better not let anyone ever find out your nick on these forums, LOL.  You're not a very bright CPA.  When, and only when coins are exchanged for fiat currency, that is when you 1. must pay taxes on it, and 2. if it's over $10,000, it must be reported.  This is why it's not easy to open an exchange that deals with fiat, you have to be a registered and licensed exchange then for exactly those reasons.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:40:47 AM

What about governments close exchanges (like Silk Road) or forbid them to trade DRK?

How to trade DRK without site exchanges?

Bump

There are like >100 countries that do not even have an exchange. How do they trade BTC or DRK today?

Simple.

They use the exchanges of other countries.

Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:42:38 AM

What about governments close exchanges (like Silk Road) or forbid them to trade DRK?

Bump

There are like >100 countries that do not even have an exchange. How do they trade BTC or DRK today?

Simple.

+ the possibility of a decentralized p2p exchange
jonesT

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:42:50 AM

Bump

There are like >100 countries that do not even have an exchange. How do they trade DRK today?

Simple.

But if these countries (under U.S. influence), close or forbid exchanges to trade DRK?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:44:04 AM

I am supporting XC and DRK I own both.  And I support anonymous tech as well.  But this will not be adopted into business.  Most companies impose heavy restrictions on the amount of physical cash that can be used for these exact reasons.  And the law (USA) requires that trades and businesses report cash payments of more than $10,000 to the federal government by filing IRS/FinCEN Form 8300 (Exhibit 1).  So, this immediately shuts down the possibility of anon transfers of more than $10,000 for any business.  But in general I can never see any business adopting anonymous transactions.

You can hate on me all you want, but what I'm saying is true.  I am 100% for anon tech, and I don't know about other countries, but this will never be adopted by companies in USA.  

If you really are a CPA, you better not let anyone ever find out your nick on these forums, LOL.  You're not a very bright CPA.  When, and only when coins are exchanged for fiat currency, that is when you 1. must pay taxes on it, and 2. if it's over $10,000, it must be reported.  This is why it's not easy to open an exchange that deals with fiat, you have to be a registered and licensed exchange then for exactly those reasons.

Getting bored posting this youtube video of the senior FinCEN person saying, chill out, its ok to use anonymity tools.

http://youtu.be/M7bbDpwlTws?t=11m40s

Money transfers are typically defined in fiat terms or some link to fiat. moving crypto around the world is, at present, outside these restrictions. moving crypto to fiat within particular reporting requirements in each jurisdiction around the world is still regulated. notice the key worlds - crypto to fiat. The entry and exit points are regulated. So what you are saying is actually 100% false, at present and from all the evidence thus far it is likely to remain false.

If it were true, every crypto exchange in the US would have to shut their doors today and they all go to jail. Bugger, I've got some coins in MintPal.....brb
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:44:54 AM

Bump

Silk was not an exchange, it was a consignment site where you could sell your things or services, like etsy, with a bent toward illegal things.  Running a consignment shop, getting paid in cryptos is not illegal.

Selling drugs, unregistered/illegal guns and ammo, and services to kill people for you are.

That is what Silk Road was about, that is what they were arrested for.  Not for using cryptos, in fact, the US government sold those coins, and put over a cool 2 million bucks in their pockets!  Nice, they should reduce our taxes, but Obama has already spent the money Sad

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:46:30 AM

Mrs Robinson, first how come you know what etsy is, and second how do you know they sold it on silk road?

Grin
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:47:24 AM

Early Bitcoin spectics said Bitoin would never be adopted for real world transactions, that it was illegal etc etc. Guess what? I can buy coffee and a pizza with my bitcoin.

Early spectics say that crap about every coin, and the funny thing is, they never learn, they said that Bitcoin would never make it far, look where it reached today, Ebay filed patents for it, has thoughts of adding it, so Does Paypal, and not to mention the countless thousands of stores that accept it along with large companies such as Overstock, Dish etc.

Early spectics say the same thing that was said about Bitcoin, about Darkcoin. That should tell you something  Grin

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:47:47 AM

Bump

There are like >100 countries that do not even have an exchange. How do they trade DRK today?

Simple.

But if these countries (under U.S. influence), close or forbid exchanges to trade DRK?

There will still be other countries that see "opportunity" to host these businesses.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:48:50 AM

Bump

1.) Until Govs starts to act against anon-cryptos (IF they do at all) will last years. They are barely capable of handling Bitcoin. A relative small crypto without mainstream attention is not their most urgent concern. Also its not the end of the world if ONE gov starts to go against, the market is obv huge.

2.) Exchanges FIAT <-> Crypto can get closed thats true. But exchanges Crypto <-> Crypto can't. Those exchanges could easily go into Tor and just go on. But most likely there wouldnt be the necessity to do so, as an exchange could easily move to a safer place.

3.) Silkroad wasnt closed by the gov. The gov found per coincidence the head of Silkroad and so it got busted, but until this coincidence Silkraod was just doing fine.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:49:10 AM

That is what Silk Road was about, that is what they were arrested for.  Not for using cryptos, in fact, the US government sold those coins, and put over a cool 2 million bucks in their pockets!  Nice, they should reduce our taxes, but Obama has already spent the money Sad

Surely, 100k coins should be worth more than 2mn  Huh
centurion76

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:54:14 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/amazon-awarded-bitcoin-related-cloud-computing-patent/

Amazon is starting to accept bitcoins for somethings, watch the heat turn up on BTC trading.

Here is the patent:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=8719131&OS=8719131&RS=8719131

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
minerjav

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:56:48 AM

"...Various types of digital cash, electronic money, or crypto-currency can be used, such as Bitcoins provided by the Bitcoin P2P Currency System..."
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:57:29 AM

Early Bitcoin spectics said Bitoin would never be adopted for real world transactions, that it was illegal etc etc. Guess what? I can buy coffee and a pizza with my bitcoin.

Early spectics say that crap about every coin, and the funny thing is, they never learn, they said that Bitcoin would never make it far, look where it reached today, Ebay filed patents for it, has thoughts of adding it, so Does Paypal, and not to mention the countless thousands of stores that accept it along with large companies such as Overstock, Dish etc.

Early spectics say the same thing that was said about Bitcoin, about Darkcoin. That should tell you something  Grin

History maybe repeating itself.
http://tav.espians.com/why-bitcoin-will-fail-as-a-currency.html

In the comments :

I'm not a bitcoin fan, but I don't think you can argue that bitcoins are going to be horded, then say they're going to be discarded by people who don't care anymore.  Those are two extremes on opposite ends.  

Either you believe bitcoins will be valued and horded or you believe they will be discounted and discarded.

The reality is that bitcoins will be a victim of it's own success.  It threatens governmental power to control currency and must be stopped, probably through some draconian law and/or negative PR campaign.  

Did you know terrorist and drug dealers use bitcoins?  See what I did there...

Did you know terrorist and drug dealers use cash?  See what I did there...
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:58:19 AM

NO REAL WORLD BUSINESS WILL EVER USE ANONYMOUS TRANSFERS.  I work in finance / accounting and let me tell you for a fact that this will NEVER happen.  One word: AUDIT
Please show us all invoices, business bank statements, how much you pay yourselves for what you sell, etc. for your company.

Or maybe you don't want to? You think they should be private and not potentially viewable by anyone with an internet connection?

Look, I am CPA (USA) and this is my professional opinion.  I just don't see it happening, ever.  Because with anon transfers there is no way to prove the recipient nor the sender (unless I am mistaken?).  When you are keeping records, even with cash (as the example was given earlier), you need copies of receipts and invoices for documentation.  With anonymous transfers all you have is "your word" which is, to put it bluntly, bullshit.  

There's one fundamental flaw in your statement; documentation is not needed.
Pages: « 1 ... 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 [1602] 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: