Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 [2548] 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
bitcoinsid

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:52:53 PM

Ouch.

My CLOAK hedge has shrivelled up into an amorphous carcas of what it once was.

The term "dumped" doesn´t quite do justice to it. Bitcoin´s current decline is rapidly de-capitalising the entire alts market. DRK´s doing not bad in the face of this firestorm I´d say.

Look at NXT. It´s at 30% of it´s last all time high.

The only thing thats going to really light a fire under cryptocurrencies is if Fiat is actually CHASED into this sector. That will be if the long touted dollar collapse occurs. (On the other hand, the money may just run into the new BRICS gold backed currencies in stead).

DRK has been showing good relative strength of late. This is promising. Hopefully the destruction of litecoin will ease up a bit before folsk lose faith in the altcoin market completely. I for one do not think this is the end of days for alts. Maybe just a good cleaning of house, which is badly needed actually.

i think alot of people have seen/waiting for this day. Most alts will die and it was expected to be around this time when drk is reviewed.

What makes you think dark will be saved?

the review and open source, the first and only anon coin on the market sounds very appealing espescially as bitcoin knowledge is improved over time. People will learn that their funds are fully transparent and visbile on the web with a ip address under it.
bitcoinsid

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:55:20 PM

1. The fact that it´s a genuine original in the opaque blockchain market which its competitors in that sector are not

2. The fact that it has genuinely distinguishing features at the commercial level (as opposed to just the technical level) which are able to justify its existence distinctly from Bitcoin or Litecoin

3. The fact that it has a lot of market cap to lose (4 times that of its nearest competitor in the privacy field) and there´s not one single top 10 market cap candidate available to take its place which can be as readily plugged into the Bitcoin API infrastructure while supporting a thoroughly opaque address space

4. The fact that over the last week, DRK´s nearest competitor lost nearly 70% of its market cap while DRK lost less than 10% of its market cap

5. The fact that it now has in place a unique type of network infrastructure which - whatever one´s opinion on its merits or weaknesses - opens up distinct development opportunities for the future

Thats enough for me to think it will "be saved" as you put it.

+5 ,lol
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:03:33 PM

1. The fact that it´s a genuine original in the opaque blockchain market which its competitors in that sector are not

2. The fact that it has genuinely distinguishing features at the commercial level (as opposed to just the technical level) which are able to justify its existence distinctly from Bitcoin or Litecoin

3. The fact that it has a lot of market cap to lose (4 times that of its nearest competitor in the privacy field) and there´s not one single top 10 market cap candidate available to take its place which can be as readily plugged into the Bitcoin API infrastructure while supporting a thoroughly opaque address space

4. The fact that over the last week, DRK´s nearest competitor lost nearly 70% of its market cap while DRK lost less than 10% of its market cap

5. The fact that it now has in place a unique type of network infrastructure which - whatever one´s opinion on its merits or weaknesses - opens up distinct development opportunities for the future

Thats enough for me to think it will "be saved" as you put it.

+5 ,lol

I would add:

1) Our development team is full time in the project they are less likely to get frustrated and abandon the coin, as Darkcoin is what they do full time. As opposed to anonymous developers who can just abandon projects with very little consequence or may get absorb in their day to day jobs.

2) Development is transparent we do public betas, and you can follow the progress openly on darkcointalk.org. Other projects do closed betas or post videos, what is the point in that?

3) Darkcoin has actual real world application, anonymous cryptocurrency is very desirable beyond commerce and retail, as a store of value and for people that have money outside of government control, I am thinking Argentina defaulting, regimes around the world, tax havens, etc. These people don’t need to sell their coins for fiat immediately like retail businesses do.

4)We are doing independent code reviews with industry recognized professionals (Kristov Atlas), and more will come as the project progresses.

5) A crypto scene where only Bitcoin exist, would not be better there would be no progress no experimenting, nothing new, it is also unrealistic.  New technology creates a market, think of the smart phones and the iPhone, would it be better if there was no Android, categorically no. Competition and innovation is necessary for the whole crypto scene to thrive.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 05:03:56 PM

wau, it's time for some videos / graphics to pump the unnamable coin. it's sad to see that the pump and dump scheme is so successfully
There is no pump and dump scheme here, stop jumping on puppet accounts and spreading nonsense it won't help you nor damage DRK.
It's Wednesday here in a few hours, what timezone is Evan in?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bitcoin_CFO

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

wau, it's time for some videos / graphics to pump the unnamable coin. it's sad to see that the pump and dump scheme is so successfully
There is no pump and dump scheme here, stop jumping on puppet accounts and spreading nonsense it won't help you nor damage DRK.

Don't think he was referring to Drk
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:09:32 PM

Evan is on MST (GMT-7 at the moment)
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:13:22 PM

Pretty sure he is MDT which is -6 now ...  but even if it is not out today is that really an issue?  Rather him wait a couple more days and fix the known bugs -- then release too early and then need to revert or something.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:15:21 PM

Pretty sure he is MDT which is -6 now ...  but even if it is not out today is that really an issue?  Rather him wait a couple more days and fix the known bugs -- then release too early and then need to revert or something.

There should be a minimum of a week notice to ensure all parties are notified of the mandatory update. People need time to prepare to upgrade. (pools, exchanges, MN operators)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:21:48 PM

Is he from AZ? Don't think they have DST.
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:24:00 PM

No they do not. Funky ass arizona mountain time or something like that.

KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:24:58 PM

Also better to release during a less negative market environment. Maybe a few days longer doing bug fixes is good all around
Bitcoin_CFO

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:26:58 PM

No they do not. Funky ass arizona mountain time or something like that.

10:26AM in AZ
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:35:44 PM

There should be a minimum of a week notice to ensure all parties are notified of the mandatory update. People need time to prepare to upgrade. (pools, exchanges, MN operators)

It's a spork so it doesn't really matter that much.  The only thing is that pools running RC4 will only pay out to MNs running RC4, so if the MN operators don't update they'll eventually stop getting paid.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:36:03 PM

The only thing thats going to really light a fire under cryptocurrencies is if Fiat is actually CHASED into this sector. That will be if the long touted dollar collapse occurs. (On the other hand, the money may just run into the new BRICS gold backed currencies in stead).

I think you'll see new money this Q3/Q4 when the BTC ETF is released. As long as it is structured where the ETF has to hold the coins, I think you'll see a bunch of new money flowing in after hearing nonstop all of 2013 about how fast and how high BTC has run up but lacked the knowledge or ease to purchase the coins during that time frame. There's very little "float" of BTC supply out there if you start seeing days of $100+ million of fund flows.

Isn't the "Winkdex" forned so the Wall Street AP's have to  buy the underlying Bitcoin at like 10,000 Bitcoin per basket? I'm pretty sure we'll see some serious action in Bitcoin when these AP's have to buy up these mass 10k baskets of Bitcoin... Assuming they go to the open markets to do so. Of course if the Wink's instead see this as a way to dump bitcoins I suppose they might just sell their own stash to these AP's however the SEC would never allow that though. Hmmmm

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:40:04 PM

I think you'll see new money this Q3/Q4 when the BTC ETF is released. As long as it is structured where the ETF has to hold the coins, I think you'll see a bunch of new money flowing in after hearing nonstop all of 2013 about how fast and how high BTC has run up but lacked the knowledge or ease to purchase the coins during that time frame. There's very little "float" of BTC supply out there if you start seeing days of $100+ million of fund flows.

Isn't the "Winkdex" forned so the Wall Street AP's have to  buy the underlying Bitcoin at like 10,000 Bitcoin per basket? I'm pretty sure we'll see some serious action in Bitcoin when these AP's have to buy up these mass 10k baskets of Bitcoin... Assuming they go to the open markets to do so. Of course if the Wink's instead see this as a way to dump bitcoins I suppose they might just sell their own stash to these AP's however the SEC would never allow that though. Hmmmm

Not sure where I read it but I believe part of the requirements for getting their ETF through the SEC was removing the conflict of interest with them holding so many coins and managing the fund. I believe they had to liquidate most, if not all.
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:40:51 PM

Isn't the "Winkdex" forned so the Wall Street AP's have to  buy the underlying Bitcoin at like 10,000 Bitcoin per basket? I'm pretty sure we'll see some serious action in Bitcoin when these AP's have to buy up these mass 10k baskets of Bitcoin... Assuming they go to the open markets to do so. Of course if the Wink's instead see this as a way to dump bitcoins I suppose they might just sell their own stash to these AP's however the SEC would never allow that though. Hmmmm

Probably not going to happen that way. Will likely be a private transfer. They wouldn't just buy 10k on the market, couldn't do that without moving price too much.

Toninho

Activity: 597

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:45:02 PM

For anyone who's into Pokemon and/or Psy.
Invest in DRK before RC4 and later you will be dancing from joy:

camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 06:00:11 PM

You can trade coins, a downtrend does not mean you cannot make profits. Holding lots of coin because they are 'good projects' is sentimental. You invest to make money or you invest to make you feel good that you support something worthy? Anyway bagholding thousands from the big pump until now must have felt like shit, it was a bad investment and turns out this charity towards good projects let you down.

You can try to find 'the next big thing and invest carefully making you an early adopter. If you are lucky you got in before they pump on bittrex. Shitcoins like BitcoinDark pumped so high... but I hate to baghold too much so this is not my thing. And it's never easy to get in early, the whales make sure to control most supply.  

I hold to bitcoin, it's still a risky investment Wink

'investment investment investment investment....' - that's you're problem right there, and it's not one I share.

DRK has value to me because it means I can keep my finances, my spending etc. completely private. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this viewpoint. Grin
Good but that sounds like a happy customer attitude. Investor wants returns from what he invested. A product can be great and whatnot. But when you anticipate that the price is going down you could short it and have more in the future. 2 masternodes better than 1?  Grin
People trying to generate free money out of thin air are exactly what's wrong with the world economy. Sooner or later the free ride is over, your money is worthless, and you're left with bugger all of any real value. See most fiat currencies for example.

Remember when money was made building stuff, innovating, providing better and more useful services to people? This is what creates actual wealth, not shuffling comedy guv paper through a never ending stream of 'financial products' in a downward spiral of desperation and stupidity.
I love smart people who don't dick around.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:04:58 PM

Probably not going to happen that way. Will likely be a private transfer. They wouldn't just buy 10k on the market, couldn't do that without moving price too much.

Right, but even those private holders are not always going to be there (if they want out completely from the start), and while some private sellers will sell and replenish their holdings (and will buy back in over time) they will eventually want a premium market price from the AP's for trading such size.
So perhaps at first the AP's will have an easier time of finding these 10k blocks of private BTC sellers early on versus over time...so maybe we don't see quite as much effect on BTC price at first.
Personally though, I think we'll pretty quickly see the investing professionals, and eventually public, go nuts over diversifying into BTC and will drive the price up to $10k within the first year.
So IMO, these AP's will be clamoring and fighting over getting BTC from any and all sources eventually.

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 06:05:44 PM

Yes! Wait until Friday. My B-day is Friday... RC4 for my B-day. Is there any such thing as a better B-day present? RC4, bewbs, and stacks of ammo... I don't think it will be possible to feel bad that day.

Take the next two days to find the collateral fee bug and release it un-neutered. Jyst for me. :-p

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 [2548] 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: