Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:27:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 [2552] 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:35:08 PM

Interesting article: http://cointelegraph.com/news/112262/florida-law-professor-names-cryptocurrencies-super-tax-havens.

I don't usually condone evading taxes in public forums but if you did want to take a stand against your government for using your tax dollars for fighting illegal wars based on disinformation, for arming rebels to fight against insubordinate regimes, for arming the Kurds to fight the previously armed rebels who turned out to be muslim extremists, for bailing out TBTF banks and failing industries, or for setting the stage for a major currency devaluation by going wild on the printing press, DRK looks like a great option. With RC4 it will be even more appealing.
I feel a meme coming on.
"I DON'T USUALLY CONDONE EVADING TAXES...BUT WHEN I DO, I SUGGEST DARKCOIN."

LOL! Nice one. I love the hat.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:37:57 PM

The "black market" does about 1.8 trillion USD annually....

That's not to say that's what this coin is all about but it will be inevitable for the 1st e-cash to get a piece of that action.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:41:03 PM

855 active MNs

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dsellerz

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:51:29 PM

Interesting article: http://cointelegraph.com/news/112262/florida-law-professor-names-cryptocurrencies-super-tax-havens.

I don't usually condone evading taxes in public forums but if you did want to take a stand against your government for using your tax dollars for fighting illegal wars based on disinformation, for arming rebels to fight against insubordinate regimes, for arming the Kurds to fight the previously armed rebels who turned out to be muslim extremists, for bailing out TBTF banks and failing industries, or for setting the stage for a major currency devaluation by going wild on the printing press, DRK looks like a great option. With RC4 it will be even more appealing.
I feel a meme coming on.
"I DON'T USUALLY CONDONE EVADING TAXES...BUT WHEN I DO, I SUGGEST DARKCOIN."

https://i.imgflip.com/b35vz.jpg

LOL! Nice one. I love the hat.

Seriously, what are governments going to do about large crypto holders hiding funds to avoid taxes? Usually they just put a freeze on the accounts the funds are stored in, but.... can't do that here folks. Other than take assets (house, cars) I don't know how they can prove who's coins are who's to even determine if they owe a certain amount of taxes in the first place. Man no wonder the guv hates crypto.
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:53:57 PM

"I DON'T USUALLY CONDONE EVADING TAXES theft by the most evil people on Earth... BUT WHEN I DO, I SUGGEST DARKCOIN. Wait, yes I do."
Fixed it.

I condone keeping what you work for, always. Renaming "armed robbery" to "taxation" doesn't change what it is. Paying taxes is giving aid and comfort to the enemy; treason against humanity.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:57:38 PM

Seriously, what are governments going to do about large crypto holders hiding funds to avoid taxes? Usually they just put a freeze on the accounts the funds are stored in, but.... can't do that here folks. Other than take assets (house, cars) I don't know how they can prove who's coins are who's to even determine if they owe a certain amount of taxes in the first place. Man no wonder the guv hates crypto.
I think this seriously overstates the matter. 99.9999% of the population is way too stupid and lazy to use crypto. The few that aren't, they're gullible and taken in by the FUD of "backingz and central issuerz" crap. A handful left over, the 5 guys that post in this thread... Even if the guv came after every crypto holder, even if they COULD come after every crypto holder, their losses in expended resources would far, far eclipse an possible gains they could make of it. They have bigger and easier targets dealing in the already-existing cash... Look how I mouth off on here. I'm not stupid... I just know it's hopeless. They may well come-a-knockin'. Prove it, fuckwads! Maybe I'm just a loudmouth troll with not a DRK to my name... Nobody really knows, and they never will.

The War on Drugs is an enormous failure. I can't imagine a way for govenrment to prove itself more impotent and incompetent.

Oh, except for a war on crypto... That would be just plain fucking hilarious to watch... Almost as hilarious as their war on the darknet... Government would prove itself utterly fucking useless, even in the eyes of it's staunchest worshipers. There would be no way to hide the emperor behind the curtain with no clothes, and it would be all their own arrogant, stupid doing.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
darklord1981

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:05:16 AM

I think this seriously overstates the matter. 99.9999% of the population is way too stupid and lazy to use crypto. The few that aren't, they're gullible and taken in by the FUD of "backingz and central issuerz" crap. A handful left over, the 5 guys that post in this thread... Even if the guv came after every crypto holder, even if they COULD come after every crypto holder, their losses in expended resources would far, far eclipse an possible gains they could make of it. They have bigger and easier targets dealing in the already-existing cash... Look how I mouth off on here. I'm not stupid... I just know it's hopeless. They may well come-a-knockin'. Prove it, fuckwads! Maybe I'm just a loudmouth troll with not a DRK to my name... Nobody really knows, and they never will.

The War on Drugs is an enormous failure. I can't imagine a way for govenrment to prove itself more impotent and incompetent.

Oh, except for a war on crypto... That would be just plain fucking hilarious to watch... Government would prove itself utterly fucking useless, even in the eyes of it's staunchest worshipers. There would be no way to hide the emperor behind the curtain with no clothes anymore, and it would be all their own arrogant, stupid doing.

Back in 1995, 99% of the population were too stupid to use the internet, fast forward 20 years and for most people it's a daily occurrence.  I think the key to DRK's success is not only the anonymous side of things but also mass acceptance, we need to learn from what bitcoin did well and not so well in this particular area.  If we achieve mass acceptance, even only with the black market, we will do well, very very well.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:05:31 AM

I'm pretty sure the Deathstar is a fitting analogy  (minus the blowing up part. We've got that covered Grin ).

An email I just sent to Kristov explaining how the pairing strategy works:

This goes here, that goes over there, the thing over there comes back over here, etc, etc, repeat.

I haven't given up on the idea of a name change at some point. The legal but darker side of the market will push use and value. But I really like the new lighter branding colours and a name to suit will be needed over the medium-term.

In the meantime, may the force be with you all for RC4 - just remember what has been said a few times already: release candidates are getting close to the final version but they remain unfinished.

Take as long as you like to release. I for one am in no particular hurry: its a short time in the making compared to the years of faithful service we can expect.

Can we call the smaller DRK denominations medi-chlorians now we have an official Star Wars analogy?

ps.

ElSoloCrouton Grin
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:08:41 AM

thought you guys might like this one:

for the Aussies here, you can get this stuff here: http://muchosnachos.com.au/shop/blk

and for what it's worth, i've been happily holding my DRK and have not been complaining about the price as i'm confident we'll see 0.02+ again soon!

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:09:27 AM

Who likes my new sig?

There are some things Bitcoin can't buy. For everything else, there's Darkcoin

+101;
-101;

?
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:12:07 AM

Oh, except for a war on crypto... That would be just plain fucking hilarious to watch... Government would prove itself utterly fucking useless, even in the eyes of it's staunchest worshipers. There would be no way to hide the emperor behind the curtain with no clothes anymore, and it would be all their own arrogant, stupid doing.
Back in 1995, 99% of the population were too stupid to use the internet, fast forward 20 years and for most people it's a daily occurrence.  I think the key to DRK's success is not only the anonymous side of things but also mass acceptance, we need to learn from what bitcoin did well and not so well in this particular area.  If we achieve mass acceptance, even only with the black market, we will do well, very very well.
You vastly overstate the number of people who are COMPETENTLY using the Internet... It's still less than 5% of the population.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:12:44 AM

Coins101 - we need a poll !!  Grin

This still has a few more days left to run

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.0
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:13:45 AM

Back in 1995, 99% of the population were too stupid to use the internet, fast forward 20 years and for most people it's a daily occurrence.  I think the key to DRK's success is not only the anonymous side of things but also mass acceptance, we need to learn from what bitcoin did well and not so well in this particular area.  If we achieve mass acceptance, even only with the black market, we will do well, very very well.

I'm a techie not an UIexpert/artist, but I think the simpler we can make the wallet for a start, the better. There should be an 'appliance' version that just has 3 rounds of DS+ hardcoded in with nothing a user can mess with, or something along those lines, as well as a more 'traditional' wallet.

They want buttonless gadgets? Give 'em buttonless gadgets... one screen (the existing wallet is a mess of redundant information and wasted space anyway) with a 'contacts' widget and a Send button. That's all most people need.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:14:38 AM

I'm definitely richer than you.  I've got billions of coins and a spaceship and a speedboat made of gold and every lego set in the world and if you say its not so I'll tell my Mum on you and she'll tell my Dad and he'll get real mad.

You made me spit out my morning coffee as I burst out laughing...  Cheesy

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:14:45 AM

I'm with the dissenters here... I think it should go well above $20. But, I don't think it will...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:16:11 AM

Back in 1995, 99% of the population were too stupid to use the internet, fast forward 20 years and for most people it's a daily occurrence.  I think the key to DRK's success is not only the anonymous side of things but also mass acceptance, we need to learn from what bitcoin did well and not so well in this particular area.  If we achieve mass acceptance, even only with the black market, we will do well, very very well.
I'm a techie not an UIexpert/artist, but I think the simpler we can make the wallet for a start, the better. There should be an 'appliance' version that just has 3 rounds of DS+ hardcoded in with nothing a user can mess with, or something along those lines, as well as a more 'traditional' wallet. They want buttonless gadgets? Give 'em buttonless gadgets...
No, force the fucking animals to learn how to use buttons. Fuck, even monkeys can do that, and humans can't? Gawd I fucking hate humans... Always dumbing things down until it's as useless as they are...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:18:21 AM

They want buttonless gadgets? Give 'em buttonless gadgets...

I think the issue is one of confidence or lack of it. Most people will worry that pressing something will send their coins into hyper space and they will never see them again.

All it needs is a big red button that says - Keep Calm and press here (....works a treat on the ladies  Wink)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:19:30 AM

Who likes my new sig?
Hehe Smiley hmmm sounds like I`ve been seen this before Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:21:51 AM

Who likes my new sig?
Hehe Smiley hmmm sounds like I`ve been seen this before Wink

I only have one original idea every 2 years or so, and I think you taxed my last one lol.

I like your new sig. Cheesy
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:22:49 AM

I'm a techie not an UIexpert/artist, but I think the simpler we can make the wallet for a start, the better. There should be an 'appliance' version that just has 3 rounds of DS+ hardcoded in with nothing a user can mess with, or something along those lines, as well as a more 'traditional' wallet.

They want buttonless gadgets? Give 'em buttonless gadgets... one screen (the existing wallet is a mess of redundant information and wasted space anyway) with a 'contacts' widget and a Send button. That's all most people need.

agreed, it's gotta be super super simple and easy and idiot proof if we want the average joe to start using this.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
Pages: « 1 ... 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 [2552] 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: