Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:52:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 [2619] 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:12:49 PM

Is RC4 working properly ?
That's the puzzling thing about it. RC4 is actually ok with darksend round = 1. The price drop surprised me.
Shitty timing... its been a bloodbath week for lots of cryptos... though in the big picture of 12 month cycle... not to bad...maybe except for ltc. im still way up... and that is why... long term investing in fundamentals always wins.  Wink

Its not just the timing. Its the non-existing outlook. Markets always need something to look out for, some kind of phantasy. That's what makes them advance.

For instance if RC4 would have announced as a fixed date and time, we would have seen a much bigger price rally. People would have set up countdown timers, tweets about upcoming RC4 would have been made etc etc

THATS whats drives markets! You need always to deliver outlooks! At the moment we have no outlook BEYOND RC4. The market recognizes that we will soon have a working anon, nevertheless: "What comes next?"
No matter what comes next it should be communicated early.

OUTLOOK boys, thats all that matters in markets.

Outlook BEYOND RC4.
The outlook is ip obfuscation
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:13:37 PM

That's the puzzling thing about it. RC4 is actually ok with darksend round = 1. The price drop surprised me.
Shitty timing... its been a bloodbath week for lots of cryptos... though in the big picture of 12 month cycle... not to bad...maybe except for ltc. im still way up... and that is why... long term investing in fundamentals always wins.  Wink

Its not just the timing. Its the non-existing outlook. Markets always need something to look out for, some kind of phantasy. That's what makes them advance.

For instance if RC4 would have announced as a fixed date and time, we would have seen a much bigger price rally. People would have set up countdown timers, tweets about upcoming RC4 would have been made etc etc

THATS whats drives markets! You need always to deliver outlooks! At the moment we have no outlook BEYOND RC4. The market recognizes that we will soon have a working anon, nevertheless: "What comes next?"

Outlook BEYOND RC4.

Bingo +1
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:14:51 PM

Outlook BEYOND RC4.
very valid point sir.   PR is super important!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:19:54 PM

FULL trend reversal as we speak...  Grin

Muchas gracias señor...  Cool
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:20:44 PM

Outlook BEYOND RC4.

I doubt you will be able to build a rally upon that. Strengthen the anonymity further is good but thats not whats been looked after at the moment.

We need some phantasy/goal BEYOND a good and working anonymity. Whats comes next?
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:26:01 PM

Outlook BEYOND RC4.

I doubt you will be able to build a rally upon that. Strengthen the anonymity further is good but thats not whats been looked after at the moment.

We need some phantasy/goal BEYOND a good and working anonymity. Whats comes next?

Well because of RC4 we can start doing things like Open Bazaar

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/open-bazaar-integration.2045/#post-16545

And getting added to other services/infrastructure and because of the way dark pre-anonymises you can transact normally. So it's easy to plug in.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:29:20 PM

Outlook BEYOND RC4.

super slick simple  to use ui with a focus on utility... i really think pr for the features.    im not convinced that one needs to come  up with major pump items for coin stock to increase in value... it just needs to  show stesdy progress and focusing on maturity.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:34:01 PM

The GREAT Elberethzone concocted this fine tool for the Pool Police !!

Lets get'em boys!

https://drk.mn/blocks.html
Yes thats nice, I will send info to every single pool which is still on RC3 every second day, till they update.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:34:43 PM

I think the market is waiting for me to sell before it goes up again  Wink
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:37:30 PM

Its highly likely now we'll see 0.006 and below, hopefully this will still be above dogecoins marketcap...
Not if Kristov releases something. Fingers crossed.

Whether it is Kritov's review or some other event, nothing is required to "save" DRK because it doesn't need saving.

Once all the tech is released and mostly bug free (which is NOT the case right now) there will be a big push for adoption. Right now the only people who know about RC4 are supporters who have already bought in and traders/whales who the vast majority of are greedy cancers and are likely manipulating things to a certain extent.

For the marketcap to grow new people are needed -- and to get new people the coin will have to be completed and then marketed. I can't imagine DRK is still at this low price level 6 months or 1 year from now... which is why I hold.
Well, I hope you're right mate.

I am 100 % with you that we need new people ( fresh money ) to grow. But with that bad crypto community behaviour we won´t get new people aka fresh money.
Crypto community is the ugliest i ever joined. Too much scam, fud, greed and incompetence in using brain.
I did send PM around ( swapping ) the globe and trusting people i never meet before in PM communities, especially australia and never made only one bad experiance.
Within crypto communities i can count people on one hand i would trust to send only one $.
And thats why we won´t get new supporters in crypto. Can you go to a friend and advice him investi in crypto ?
I did once and will never do again.
mahowi

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:37:43 PM

After installing .29 and doing salvagewallet all my wallet addresses are gone. My wallet shows only one address for receiving DRK. On transactions it shows only the address in brackets but no names anymore. Can I still receive DRK on these addresses or do I have to use new addresses at pools, exchanges etc.?

I had 63 transactions of denomination and payments to myself with a total of 0.066 DRK for anonymizing 17 DRK! I have disabled DS for now.

DRK: Xeojbw5gDNtvCbUK7VXaDqfyNU29ahqavB
BTC: 1K5hJ1wiRJ9mAWwn9pLzjst18jTa1benHT
LTC: LiUgyndo4sibahGEyuw8ymphciaq7tbS9a
Sm00kew

Activity: 208

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:48:03 PM

I think market is waiting for clear statement: "RC4 is working without any problem" ...after that price will go up Smiley People are afraid of new failure after failed forks.

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:51:08 PM

After installing .29 and doing salvagewallet all my wallet addresses are gone. My wallet shows only one address for receiving DRK. On transactions it shows only the address in brackets but no names anymore. Can I still receive DRK on these addresses or do I have to use new addresses at pools, exchanges etc.?

I had 63 transactions of denomination and payments to myself with a total of 0.066 DRK for anonymizing 17 DRK! I have disabled DS for now.
No this is expected behaviour. Now you have to generate new addresses and DONT use old addresses anymore!
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:51:38 PM

I think market is waiting for clear statement: "RC4 is working without any problem" ...after that price will go up Smiley People are afraid of new failure after failed forks.

RC4 was no fork, so not much space for failure Smiley
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:52:37 PM

Why are you guys using salvagewallet ?  Leave denomination process alone after starting and be more patiant before doing something bad and than blaming
RC4 is not working. I had no problems on testnet.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:56:50 PM

Now you have to generate new addresses and DONT use old addresses anymore!

Because the old addresses are not anonymous? Or is there some other reason as well?
Sm00kew

Activity: 208

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:03:00 PM

RC4 was no fork, so not much space for failure Smiley

I know but people compare this with bugs in RC4.

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
Davva80

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:03:45 PM

Outlook BEYOND RC4.

Today I bought back in DRK (short term investment?). I mined DRK in the early days and cashed out when it had the massive pump. Today I have holdings in DRK, Cloak (my main holding) and BTC. Cloak has also got anon and got a massive list of projekts, super active devs whos always in cloakcoin IRC channel, they are working 24/7 to make the coin useful for other then speculation. I have tried to figure what the DRK devs are up to other than make the coin annon, but I havent found out any other projekts? I had a rather big stake in Vertcoin and mined it from start, back then it was "ASIC resistant" who where the tech who got the coin pumped. I got a feeling that DRK may bleed out (just as Vertcoin did when they promoted "ASIC resistant") if they havent got more plans.

So please tell me why DRK is a better coin in the long run than Cloak or XC?
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:04:06 PM

Why are you guys using salvagewallet ?  Leave denomination process alone after starting and be more patiant before doing something bad and than blaming

This isn't testnet.    

mahowi

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:08:07 PM

Because of:
If you have a long standing unconfirmed transaction, simply right click the transaction, copy the txid. Then execute the command "erasetransaction txid" in the console. After that reopen the client with the command -salvagewallet, and the money should be back.

I have left denomination process alone for 24 hours and had the problems reported above.

DRK: Xeojbw5gDNtvCbUK7VXaDqfyNU29ahqavB
BTC: 1K5hJ1wiRJ9mAWwn9pLzjst18jTa1benHT
LTC: LiUgyndo4sibahGEyuw8ymphciaq7tbS9a
Pages: « 1 ... 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 [2619] 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: