Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:36:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 [2621] 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:43:15 PM

Is RC4 working properly ?
That's the puzzling thing about it. RC4 is actually ok with darksend round = 1. The price drop surprised me.
Shitty timing... its been a bloodbath week for lots of cryptos... though in the big picture of 12 month cycle... not to bad...maybe except for ltc. im still way up... and that is why... long term investing in fundamentals always wins.  Wink

Its not just the timing. Its the non-existing outlook. Markets always need something to look out for, some kind of phantasy. That's what makes them advance.

For instance if RC4 would have announced as a fixed date and time, we would have seen a much bigger price rally. People would have set up countdown timers, tweets about upcoming RC4 would have been made etc etc

THATS whats drives markets! You need always to deliver outlooks! At the moment we have no outlook BEYOND RC4. The market recognizes that we will soon have a working anon, nevertheless: "What comes next?"
No matter what comes next it should be communicated early.

OUTLOOK boys, thats all that matters in markets.

Outlook BEYOND RC4.
The outlook is ip obfuscation

I doubt you will be able to build a rally upon that. Strengthen the anonymity further is good but thats not whats been looked after at the moment.

We need some phantasy/goal BEYOND a good and working anonymity. Whats comes next?

Today I bought back in DRK (short term investment?). I mined DRK in the early days and cashed out when it had the massive pump. Today I have holdings in DRK, Cloak (my main holding) and BTC. Cloak has also got anon and got a massive list of projekts, super active devs whos always in cloakcoin IRC channel, they are working 24/7 to make the coin useful for other then speculation. I have tried to figure what the DRK devs are up to other than make the coin annon, but I havent found out any other projekts? I had a rather big stake in Vertcoin and mined it from start, back then it was "ASIC resistant" who where the tech who got the coin pumped. I got a feeling that DRK may bleed out (just as Vertcoin did when they promoted "ASIC resistant") if they havent got more plans.

So please tell me why DRK is a better coin in the long run than Cloak or XC?

OK, will give you my key reasons:
1) DRK is the first truly anon in here - anonymity is what was missing here and will be increasingly sought after not only by cybercriminals, money launderers, but community in general.
2) DRK has a catchy name clearly outlining its purpose. Don't laugh - it is an important factor and reason why plenty of other nonsensical names are not understood by investors. Sending a clear message is crucial in this messy altcoin environment.
3) Active Devs implementing real changes, increasing profesionalisation of the development, active community (proved by largest number of pages on bitcointalk). The design of wallet and promotion will be significantly facilitated by a number of capable members of the community.
4) Development is transparent & progress can be seen on darkcointalk. There is no effort to conceal the issues and massage the community with PR.
5) What I see as a key thing - the masternode concept that replicates P2P TOR-like solution implementing POS which will be not only key feature for assuring anonymity but will also lead to P2P services with benefits we may not currently foresee. Also, a prospect of continuous income from operating a MN is tempting for me as well as for the other investors.
6) There is a positive outlook with Kristov review in line and since he has not sold his coins yet I do not expect serious issues there. Making the Dark Open sourced, ironing non-critical issue, implementing cool wallet design, promotion among chinese exchanges.... Even though it looks a bit bleak at the moment I believe good times are ahead of us.

My only regret is I discovered DRK too late to reap the great early prices and too soon so I can not buy much more at the moment Smiley
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:43:40 PM

After installing .29 and doing salvagewallet all my wallet addresses are gone. My wallet shows only one address for receiving DRK. On transactions it shows only the address in brackets but no names anymore. Can I still receive DRK on these addresses or do I have to use new addresses at pools, exchanges etc.?

I had 63 transactions of denomination and payments to myself with a total of 0.066 DRK for anonymizing 17 DRK! I have disabled DS for now.

Why are you guys using salvagewallet ?  Leave denomination process alone after starting and be more patiant before doing something bad and than blaming
RC4 is not working. I had no problems on testnet.

Because of:
If you have a long standing unconfirmed transaction, simply right click the transaction, copy the txid. Then execute the command "erasetransaction txid" in the console. After that reopen the client with the command -salvagewallet, and the money should be back.

I have left denomination process alone for 24 hours and had the problems reported above.

I've had coins in a wallet denomynizing since last night and the only thing I can see that has happened is .001 drk has been deducted from my total.  No coins are shown as Anonymized.  

How long is this supposed to take?  It's less than 50 coins.  Why is drk being deducted when nothing has been anonymized?

How many rounds do you have chosen? Something is wonky with rounds > 1.

1 round is all.  I had already read to use 1 round.  

Nothing is happening except for .001 being taken from me.  

Hmm, I haven't tried it yet myself. Have you left the wallet open this entire time? Seems like it's hung somehow. Perhaps restart the wallet? Send all coins to a new address and try again?

There should be more people here who can help, perhaps they are sleeping presently.  Wink
7vpo

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:44:09 PM

I've update .12.19 but my MNs not listed.

What's the problem?
If you use local/remote you need both 10.12.29 versions on local and remote to start MN Wink

there is no ver .12.19 Tongue

Yes. I use Hot/Cold. Thank you for your help.
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:44:12 PM

After installing .29 and doing salvagewallet all my wallet addresses are gone. My wallet shows only one address for receiving DRK. On transactions it shows only the address in brackets but no names anymore. Can I still receive DRK on these addresses or do I have to use new addresses at pools, exchanges etc.?

I had 63 transactions of denomination and payments to myself with a total of 0.066 DRK for anonymizing 17 DRK! I have disabled DS for now.

Why are you guys using salvagewallet ?  Leave denomination process alone after starting and be more patiant before doing something bad and than blaming

Because of:
If you have a long standing unconfirmed transaction, simply right click the transaction, copy the txid. Then execute the command "erasetransaction txid" in the console. After that reopen the client with the command -salvagewallet, and the money should be back.

I have left denomination process alone for 24 hours and had the problems reported above.

I've had coins in a wallet denomynizing since last night and the only thing I can see that has happened is .001 drk has been deducted from my total.  No coins are shown as Anonymized.  

How long is this supposed to take?  It's less than 50 coins.  Why is drk being deducted when nothing has been anonymized?

How can we believe you ? You have obviously a bias against DRK.

Just let it go. He's being quite cordial this time around.

Edit: shojayxt, screenshots could be useful. There might also be useful info in your debug log.
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:47:02 PM

I'm going to put 50 DRK in my wallet at mainnet and start testing it .
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 01:47:22 PM

Hi guys,

Trying to setup a darkcoin p2pool node following the instructions here:

https://bitbucket.org/dstorm/p2pool-drk

When I execute the command "python setup.py install" from within the /xcoin-hash folder I get "error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xcoin_hash.so'" - tried running the command with sudo but get the same result. I run a few p2pool nodes for various coins, so I know it's not a dependency issue.....

Any ideas what the problem is?

Peace  Smiley

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:50:19 PM

I'm going to put 50 DRK in my wallet at mainnet and start testing it .

Why not wait s little... Evan should be up soon, I'm sure he'll surprise us with something...
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:51:26 PM

Hi guys,

When I execute the command "python setup.py install" from within the /xcoin-hash folder I get "error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xcoin_hash.so'" - tried running the command with sudo but get the same result. I run a few p2pool nodes for various coins, so I know it's not a dependency issue.....

Peace  Smiley

I'm sure you'll get better help in IRC #Darkcoin... dunno, anyone around here to lend a hand?
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:51:38 PM

Interesting things afoot.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/open-bazaar-integration.2045/#post-16545

Utility will be the key. Get it working and get it used.

The current market seems to be OMG is over! NYC regs are death! Cashing alt coins out to btc then dollars? Why?

Choose a coin that has future and where your investment can be private.

Vote with your coin otherwise you are pretty much voting for the lawsky regulation.

If I'm Western Union/Visa/Mastercard, here's what I do.  I quietly accumulate coins whilst mobilising some sock puppets within the regulators.

When the 1st wave of regulations are announced, I cause as much fear and panic in the markets as possible...

Just the other day I'm asking my local store how much it costs them for me to charge $10 of groceries to my credit card...

Guess how much it was?

$2.50 AUD... Last time I checked that's about $2.35 USD per transaction...  These mother fuckers have got everything to lose if Crypto starts really getting adopted...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Drobek

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:53:20 PM

Based on the opinion of almost anyone that doesn't operate a masternode.  There would have been more opposition to the 20% if the people in this thread were not afraid of being flamed and banished by the Darkcoin community for not towing the party line.

Shojayxt, your opinions are not what counts. If you want to prove your point, set up an anonymous voting and ask if there should be 0%, 10%, 20%, 50% or 80% going to the masternodes and then you will have facts to operate with. Otherwise you are just offering empty theories.

While no-one disputes importance of miners a simple truth is that this coin would do equally well with 10% of the current hashpower. Difficulty would go down, those who remained mining would get more frequent payments and MN would get more. Do not really see an issue there and personally I would set the ratio to 50:50 but I am not bitching about 20% either.
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:54:13 PM

That's the puzzling thing about it. RC4 is actually ok with darksend round = 1. The price drop surprised me.

I cannot get it to denominate on one round. Is there a command i can use?

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 01:58:17 PM

I cannot get it to denominate on one round. Is there a command i can use?

Darksend auto

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:01:42 PM

Because of:

I started anonymizing 20 DRK  at 12:53pm PST.  At 2:18pm PST .001 was deducted from my balance.  At 6:26 PST I sent 1.179 drk to another wallet using Darksend.  I left my wallet open after that.  When I woke up today nothing had changed since I sent the 1.179 DRK at 6:26 the night before.

I took this screen shot at 6:45am PST approximately 18 hours after starting the anonymizing process.

Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:03:51 PM

Because of:

I started anonymizing 20 DRK  at 12:53pm PST.  At 2:18pm PST .001 was deducted from my balance.  At 6:26 PST I sent 1.179 drk to another wallet using Darksend.  I left my wallet open after that.  When I woke up today nothing had changed since I sent the 1.179 DRK at 6:26 the night before.

I took this screen shot at 6:45am PST approximately 18 hours after starting the anonymizing process.

flare is working on it : https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-issues-bugs-feature-requests.2039/
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:04:37 PM

Hi guys,

Peace  Smiley

I'm sure you'll get better help in IRC #Darkcoin... dunno, anyone around here to lend a hand?

Yeah, I just posted there too, thanks for the suggestion. If anyone here could give a suggestion I'd be grateful....... Smiley

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Terzo

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:05:56 PM

We are under 0.007. We are heading to 0.001. That's great !   Angry
installer

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:08:08 PM

dark dead!!! price goes down to 0  Sad
Drobek

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:09:35 PM

Look at the big picture.. only coin that is up today is cloak - after going down by almost 90% in the last few weeks...
Terzo

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:09:38 PM

quick sell it all !
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:10:20 PM

We are under 0.007. We are heading to 0.001. That's great !   Angry

Dude.
1. Shut your computer down and return in two weeks like you said you were going to.
2. Enjoy (mostly) stress-free life.
Pages: « 1 ... 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 [2621] 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: