Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:28:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:56:17 PM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

Coinmine.pl is sneaking towards 50% again, please spread your hashing power

source: http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

I'm a seriously small miner.  Yet, I'm getting steady payments on Lotterymining.  They're super steady, haven't had any downtime, I'm in western USA, and I believe CHAOSiTEC's server is either in Sweeden or UK or somewhere in northern Europe, but I still get my hash rate through!

So I really don't understand why Coinmine.pl is attracting everyone?  join a P2pool if you want a constant flow of income, or one of the other pools.  They're big enough to give a good daily payment (and the payments are larger in a smaller pool, it all evens out the same!)

So yah, please spread your hash rate around to keep the coin safe.  Some articles I've read say no pool should go over 33%, so really, that should be the goal.

Thanks to those who have spread their hash Smiley

'

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:57:05 PM

Tried to buy all the cheap Darkcoin on Cryptsy... something is seriously wrong there.

had same problem.

Sell amounts are lesser than the buys.. looks broken.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:02:14 PM

Here in Argentina there is a "blackmarket" in our peso!
There is an official conversion rate set by govt, but it is artificial and only tourists use that rate Smiley
Actual market rates fluctuate, anywhere from 50% to 70% more pesos per USD, pretty much everybody uses the unofficial "cambios" to exchange at market prices. They are everywhere.

Here, USD is controlled like it is an illegal substance! I guess that makes us all criminals here.

James

Aren't governments wonderful?  LOL.

And you know the last people to follow those rules would be government officials, what a crock of sh*t

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:03:02 PM

That is why IMHO we have a lot riding on the release of Darksend and we should take the time to do it right, because if Darksend does not work as expected then we are just another cryptocoin with no real value proposition.

What you say would be 100% true if DRK was an scrypt clone, but it's not. There are other differences as well, beyond DarkSend. Quark went on the market with 6 hashes to say it's ultra-secure, yet DRK has 11. This makes DRK a much safer coin than most (if not all) and also positions itself as a hedge against single-hashing currencies which are open to the possibility of having a catastrophic failure in case of a problematic hash. I mean if there is a market for Quark, why shouldn't there be for DRK - which is better than Quark in what Quark was supposed to provide in terms of security and safety?

The economic model behind DRK is also less inflationary in the mid-term which will allow it to be a good store of value.

Anonymity is the #1 feature of course, but it's not the only one. Otherwise if anonymity was the only criterion where a coin has real value proposition, then every coin in coinmarketcap would not have real value proposition according to this rationale.

The fact is that coins like litecoin, quark and vertcoin were promoted just because they used a different algorithm. Darkcoin introduced a different algorithm (which may be better than scrypt, scrypt-n or quark's) and yet it goes under the radar / unnoticed / not-considered-as-something-important, because people are focused on the anonymity aspect.

ASIC resistant coins offer no additional benefits to the end users they do exactly the same, they really just give the existing mining community a currency to redirect their hashing power to

This is a deeper issue of distributing the monetary base to more miners rather than a few centralized ASIC mining farms.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I agree that there are other benefits, it is very important to survive the short term to be able to get to the long term. In my mind surviving the short term means appealing to the current mining community and offer resistance to he ASICS that are about to be released.  Qualities like multiple hashes, cooler mining rigs  or the DGW are key in this sense I would even dare to say they are a requirement to have a shot at long term survival, given the current state of mining technology but long term Darksend is what is going to separate DRK from the pack if done correctly and attract fresh capital from outside the crypto world.  

Also, once we created the value we need to let people know about it with a strong marketing campaign but only after Darksend is vetted from a technical perspective.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:08:27 PM

Tried to buy all the cheap Darkcoin on Cryptsy... something is seriously wrong there.

had same problem.

What happened?

Oh!  Did your buys go through?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

Can you miner darkcoin with this knc miner titan? https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan

No - that ASIC can ONLY do scrypt coins. There are no ASICs for DRK, and unlikely to be for a long time.

I believe the benefits of a cryptocoin should be divided in benefits to the miners, benefits to the speculators and benefits to the end users who will actually try to buy and sell real world assets with the currency.  The big benefit of Bitcoin to the end users is offering the ability to transfer money over the internet in whatever amount you want separate form the traditional financial system regulations and boundaries and it does that very well.

ASIC resistant coins offer no additional benefits to the end users they do exactly the same, they really just give the existing mining community a currency to redirect their hashing power to, once asics are implemented and the rationale is that a currency that will have a somewhat guaranteed mining community should have mid term viability as an alternative to Bitcoin with a decent sized market cap and that is all good and I think there will be a market for that but it doesn't add anything that Bitcoin does not do already for the non-tech user who wants real world applications.

Darkcoin on the other hand is trying to offer anonymous ledger and that is big differentiation because it provides value for people as a way to store wealth outside of the regulated financial structure (banks, goverments.) in a much more practical way than storing large amounts of cash. It is actually better than cash because is way easier to move around. So to me the great value is not necessarily to spend darkcoins, long term you can use fiat or bitcoins if you just want to do the groceries. I think darkcoin should be a way to store and hold money anonymously and you can convert to other currencies when you really need to spend. That way we could attract new capital that is currently not in the cryptoworld and not really compete with existing coins.

That is why IMHO we have a lot riding on the release of Darksend and we should take the time to do it right, because if Darksend does not work as expected then we are just another cryptocoin with no real value proposition.

BTW I am willing to run a campaign in Latin America once Darksend is released.

I disagree, ASIC tends to centralize the hashing power by increasing the investment cost (barrier to entry), therefore only a few people can benefit, giant farms are created ... The resistance to ASIC encourages more people to mine even with their CPU which helps to decentralize the hashing power and protect the currency.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:19:26 PM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

Coinmine.pl is sneaking towards 50% again, please spread your hashing power

source: http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

I'm a seriously small miner.  Yet, I'm getting steady payments on Lotterymining.  They're super steady, haven't had any downtime, I'm in western USA, and I believe CHAOSiTEC's server is either in Sweeden or UK or somewhere in northern Europe, but I still get my hash rate through!

So I really don't understand why Coinmine.pl is attracting everyone?  join a P2pool if you want a constant flow of income, or one of the other pools.  They're big enough to give a good daily payment (and the payments are larger in a smaller pool, it all evens out the same!)

So yah, please spread your hash rate around to keep the coin safe.  Some articles I've read say no pool should go over 33%, so really, that should be the goal.

Thanks to those who have spread their hash Smiley

'

Server is placed in Quebec Canada :-) Admin is placed in sweden :-p

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:28:00 PM

Can you miner darkcoin with this knc miner titan? https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan

No - that ASIC can ONLY do scrypt coins. There are no ASICs for DRK, and unlikely to be for a long time.

I believe the benefits of a cryptocoin should be divided in benefits to the miners, benefits to the speculators and benefits to the end users who will actually try to buy and sell real world assets with the currency.  The big benefit of Bitcoin to the end users is offering the ability to transfer money over the internet in whatever amount you want separate form the traditional financial system regulations and boundaries and it does that very well.

ASIC resistant coins offer no additional benefits to the end users they do exactly the same, they really just give the existing mining community a currency to redirect their hashing power to, once asics are implemented and the rationale is that a currency that will have a somewhat guaranteed mining community should have mid term viability as an alternative to Bitcoin with a decent sized market cap and that is all good and I think there will be a market for that but it doesn't add anything that Bitcoin does not do already for the non-tech user who wants real world applications.

Darkcoin on the other hand is trying to offer anonymous ledger and that is big differentiation because it provides value for people as a way to store wealth outside of the regulated financial structure (banks, goverments.) in a much more practical way than storing large amounts of cash. It is actually better than cash because is way easier to move around. So to me the great value is not necessarily to spend darkcoins, long term you can use fiat or bitcoins if you just want to do the groceries. I think darkcoin should be a way to store and hold money anonymously and you can convert to other currencies when you really need to spend. That way we could attract new capital that is currently not in the cryptoworld and not really compete with existing coins.

I disagree, ASIC tends to centralize the hashing power by increasing the investment cost (barrier to entry), therefore only a few people can benefit, giant farms are created ... The resistance to ASIC encourages more people to mine even with their CPU which helps to decentralize the hashing power and protect the currency.

I agree with you, it does benefit the miners and is very important for the viability of the coin. What I meant by end user is the non-tech fiat user that we are trying to attract.  I guess my bigger point is DRK has a great potential to be a medium to store wealth without necessarily spending it. So I am not too concern with storefront applications etc there are a lot of solutions for that. I think this offers an alternative to people that want store cash off the grid and then they can convert to other types of currencies when the time to spend come. Hopefully they could spend DRK directly but, in my mind is not a requirement, there is a lot of value with huge market cap potential as a way to store wealth, as long as Darksend works well.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:33:09 PM

had same problem.

What happened?

Oh!  Did your buys go through?

No, so I cancelled in case there was a problem. 

I was trying to get rid of the dust sell orders. The trading seems to be moving again now.
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:36:27 PM

I agree with you, it does benefit the miners and is very important for the viability of the coin. What I meant by end user is the non-tech fiat user that we are trying to attract.  I guess my bigger point is DRK has a great potential to be a medium to store wealth without necessarily spending it. So I am not too concern with storefront applications etc there are a lot of solutions for that. I think this offers an alternative to people that want store cash off the grid and then they can convert to other types of currencies when the time to spend come. Hopefully they could spend DRK directly but, in my mind is not a requirement, there is a lot of value with huge market cap potential as a way to store wealth, as long as Darksend works well.

I disagree with anyone who suggests a digital good is a store of wealth. There is a fine line between a tool of payment ie currency and a store of wealth. Nevertheless i love darkcoin for what it is, a great tool to make anonymous or semi anonymous  financial transactions.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:50:04 PM

I disagree with anyone who suggests a digital good is a store of wealth. There is a fine line between a tool of payment ie currency and a store of wealth.

...and what is that fine line of difference?
imho a currency and an asset (store of value) are the same, with a 'currency' merely being a more transferable medium.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:03:39 PM

I disagree with anyone who suggests a digital good is a store of wealth. There is a fine line between a tool of payment ie currency and a store of wealth.

...and what is that fine line of difference?
imho a currency and an asset (store of value) are the same, with a 'currency' merely being a more transferable medium.

I think that is the point of limiting the ultimate number of coins in circulation. Otherwise, you just have a payment protocol, which few would treat as a trusted tool for holding fiat equivalent value at time of exchange.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:09:37 PM

I disagree with anyone who suggests a digital good is a store of wealth. There is a fine line between a tool of payment ie currency and a store of wealth. Nevertheless i love darkcoin for what it is, a great tool to make anonymous or semi anonymous  financial transactions.

It all breaks down to whether one also thinks a piece of paper called "cash" is also a good store of wealth. For most countries which experience high inflation, some digital coins can preserve people's wealth far better than their national currency. After all, digital coins are valued in paper. So, it's all an absurd situation. If real money for transactions was gold and silver, like 50-100 years ago, that would be another issue altogether.
sippsnapp

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:16:05 PM

I disagree with anyone who suggests a digital good is a store of wealth. There is a fine line between a tool of payment ie currency and a store of wealth. Nevertheless i love darkcoin for what it is, a great tool to make anonymous or semi anonymous  financial transactions.

It all breaks down to whether one also thinks a piece of paper called "cash" is also a good store of wealth. For most countries which experience high inflation, some digital coins can preserve people's wealth far better than their national currency. After all, digital coins are valued in paper. So, it's all an absurd situation. If real money for transactions was gold and silver, like 50-100 years ago, that would be another issue altogether.

Thats my point, a store of wealth is something that does/can not loose value overnight except in a very very rare condition like a house that gets badly damaged in an earthquake.
Gold , silver and other hard assets have proven to be a constant store of value/wealth over a long distance of time, too bad you cant ship gold or silver anonymously over the interwebs. Here darkcoin comes into play allowing for example person a to transfer the equity into darkcoin and convert it back to hard assets in a completely different place, and best of all nobody can tell who made the transfer.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:26:08 PM

Thats my point, a store of wealth is something that does/can not loose value overnight except in a very very rare condition like a house that gets badly damaged in an earthquake.
Gold , silver and other hard assets have proven to be a constant store of value/wealth over a long distance of time, too bad you cant ship gold or silver anonymously over the interwebs. Here darkcoin comes into play allowing for example person a to transfer the equity into darkcoin and convert it back to hard assets in a completely different place, and best of all nobody can tell who made the transfer.

What is the time frame on the transfer you suggest?

Less than a day for every transaction entering the system is a payment protocol. More than a day is a store of value.
sippsnapp

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:30:53 PM

Less than a day for every transaction entering the system is a payment protocol. More than a day is a store of value.

Id say everything that takes longer than required is forex speculation in cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies are forex like other currencies. No doubt, in the correct circumstances a currency can flourish but it is not coupled to any hard asset, its a tool to conduct payment in the first place.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

If real money for transactions was gold and silver, like 50-100 years ago, that would be another issue altogether.

There is NO SUCH THING as "real money". Money is just a medium that makes multi-party exchange easier, and that obtains these parties' belief that it will not become obsolete or redundant when they will want to use it. It could have been cows, gold, water, or paper... It couldn't be meat, or vegetables because these "mediums of exchange" become obsolete after a short while.
The fact the gold was used for centuries was because of its properties - easy to spot, hard to counterfeit, molds well, not too heavy or liquid, and so forth.
But today, it's basically a commodity like any other.

Take Chinese millionaires for example. Most of them [based on a survey] want to "smuggle" some of their wealth outside the country for rainy days. Gold is a bad medium for that. Bitcoin isn't that good either because it leaves a trail. Darkcoin? Now that's a thought...
Whether Darkcoin remains a good 'store of value'? imho it will until some better 'vehicle' makes it less attractive, redundant or obsolete.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:40:59 PM

Id say everything that takes longer than required is forex speculation in cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies are forex like other currencies. No doubt, in the correct circumstances a currency can flourish but it is not coupled to any hard asset, its a tool to conduct payment in the first place.

I'd say what Satoshi points out in his paper on attackers:

If a greedy attacker.....He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules, such rules that favour him with more new coins than everyone else combined, than to undermine the system and the validity of his own wealth.

Satoshi used gold miners as an analogy for processing blocks (gold is a store of value) and he goes on to reference a diminishing wealth (an inference to a store of value) if the system is attacked.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:44:43 PM

Can I make a suggestion about the new website?

I think the one being built at http://darkcoin.us/io/ could be a lot better.

There are some great responsive bootstrap themes that can be added to wordpress. All you need to do is add logo and content.

https://wrapbootstrap.com/tag/responsive

http://themeforest.net/search?category=wordpress&direction=desc&order_by=best-match&term=responsive&utf8=%E2%9C%93

One of these could be modified for DRK quite well.

http://themeforest.net/item/krypton-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/6899059

http://themeforest.net/item/cabana-responsive-creative-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/6961548

The theme could be funded by the marketing pool. I would happily customise this theme for DRK in a heartbeat if it meant getting a professional looking website up tomorrow.

EDIT: Or this one, changing the yellow to something more DRK. It even mentions my home town in the demo:

http://demo.rocknrolladesigns.com/wordpress/jarvis/text-slider/

There is a bounty out for that. If you put together a customised WP template and the community likes it, you'd have a claim to 272 DRK.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:07:27 PM

If real money for transactions was gold and silver, like 50-100 years ago, that would be another issue altogether.

There is NO SUCH THING as "real money". Money is just a medium that makes multi-party exchange easier, and that obtains these parties' belief that it will not become obsolete or redundant when they will want to use it. It could have been cows, gold, water, or paper... It couldn't be meat, or vegetables because these "mediums of exchange" become obsolete after a short while.

Indeed, it's all a matter of consensus. But a piece of paper or a piece of nickel is simply junk compared to scarce assets like gold and silver.
Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: