Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 [4978] 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722498 times)
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:46:34 PM

The article says they're going to set up masternodes with their Dash instead of dumping them.

It's all a crock anyway since they never pumped it any in the first place. There was about 1000 bought on Finex the other day and the price shot up simply because supply is so thin.

i totally agree
this is a western hype on this chinese LTC pumper video
and until today nobody ever confirmed that that guy was actually talking about Dash
 Roll Eyes

Edit:
are these moderators just erasing anything these days ?!
WTF
i have x amount every day
 Roll Eyes

Yesterday I got one deleted from 2014!!!!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:37:02 PM

The article says they're going to set up masternodes with their Dash instead of dumping them.

It's all a crock anyway since they never pumped it any in the first place. There was about 1000 bought on Finex the other day and the price shot up simply because supply is so thin.

i totally agree
and until today nobody ever confirmed that that guy was actually talking about Dash
 Roll Eyes

Edit:
are these moderators just erasing anything these days ?!
WTF
i have x amount every day
 Roll Eyes

Yesterday I got one deleted from 2014!!!!

Same here...
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:47:23 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 04:59:35 PM by qwizzie

i just adjusted my forum profile so i dont get any emails about pm's and have them also all on ignore,
as these private messages are mostly about  deleted posts which for me turned into spam, nothing more and nothing less.  
Seems to work well so far and is much better for my bloodpressure  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:57:15 PM

Guys, I`ve decided to give some more "love" to the shareholders of my service, check my sig for more info on the 1st page.
A perfect way to have a masternode o a share of it if you have Dash but no skills. Highly recomended.

E se oltre a non avere la capacitá tecnica di montare un masternode hai problemi anche con l'inglese, non ti preoccupare perché splawik21 parla un italiano quasi perfetto!

Non ci sono piú scuse per non avere un masternode!

superplus

Activity: 475

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:58:39 PM

Once again, the central bankers and finance ministers manage to kick the Greek can down the road. Crisis averted, Euro saved, bitcoin/dash down sharply.

=(

don't think so, just gonna happen later...
better for $ at least
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:21:13 PM

Guys, I`ve decided to give some more "love" to the shareholders of my service, check my sig for more info on the 1st page.
A perfect way to have a masternode o a share of it if you have Dash but no skills. Highly recomended.

E se oltre a non avere la capacitá tecnica di montare un masternode hai problemi anche con l'inglese, non ti preoccupare perché splawik21 parla un italiano quasi perfetto!

hai dimenticato che polish language is not my foreign one for me as well Wink
Thnx kointrend

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:06:26 PM

hai dimenticato che polish language is not my foreign one for me as well Wink
Thnx kointrend
Lol, é vero!
You're welcome.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:26:39 PM

Whew!  Bitfinex found my coins, which I sent to an old deposit address, and returned them!  YAAAY!  I'm so relieved!  I must never do that again, but with my memory, ugh!  I must make a new wallet that doesn't have that address saved!  LOL.

Now I have to go donate some coins to tungfa's write fundraiser: https://dashtalk.org/threads/writer-fundraise.5622/#post-59280.  I don't have much to give, but if we all give a little, it turns into a lot Cheesy  (don't look for it right away, sorry, have to open other computer, and the chickens need feeding and my new plants out front need watering ;P  But I'll get to it, promise!)

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:05:38 PM

We launched our summer sale, check it out!
Key4co.in
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 09:40:54 PM

Whew!  Bitfinex found my coins, which I sent to an old deposit address, and returned them!  YAAAY!  I'm so relieved!  I must never do that again, but with my memory, ugh!  I must make a new wallet that doesn't have that address saved!  LOL.

Now I have to go donate some coins to tungfa's write fundraiser: https://dashtalk.org/threads/writer-fundraise.5622/#post-59280.  I don't have much to give, but if we all give a little, it turns into a lot Cheesy  (don't look for it right away, sorry, have to open other computer, and the chickens need feeding and my new plants out front need watering ;P  But I'll get to it, promise!)
Wow! Congrats! I guess they have really good backups  Smiley

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:47:16 PM

It's all a crock anyway
i totally agree

You're talking about this video, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVsWQa9qKnk

I've watched it a couple times through and there is no mention of Dash that I could decipher.

During my stay in Taiwan, I had the misfortune of being dragged (kicking and screaming by so-called "friends") to a few MLM and direct marketing-type seminars, and this presentation came across exactly like one of those.

You get some lauded marketing guy to come present, who immediately starts out by telling the story of how he just got back from this city or that city and how he has not even have a chance to sleep a wink before blessing you with his glorious presence.  He talks of the extravogant hotel venue they rented the other day in Beijing and the countless "orders" that were procured there, thus putting his performance numbers through the roof. 

He does eventually say that one "order" is equivalent to 500 litecoins, and at the end of the clip he performs some math to estimate  that the daily total at the last event was over 10,000,000LTC.  It is unclear whether the "order" is a commitment to buy or an acual purchase made at the meetup, which he seemed to refer to as a "market."

At any rate, my internal Chinese>English translation algorithm was unable to detect a single mention of Dash even after multiple passes.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:45:30 PM

It's all a crock anyway
i totally agree

You're talking about this video, right?

I've watched it a couple times through and there is no mention of Dash that I could decipher.

During my stay in Taiwan, I had the misfortune of being dragged (kicking and screaming by so-called "friends") to a few MLM and direct marketing-type seminars, and this presentation came across exactly like one of those.

You get some lauded marketing guy to come present, who immediately starts out by telling the story of how he just got back from this city or that city and how he has not even have a chance to sleep a wink before blessing you with his glorious presence.  He talks of the extravogant hotel venue they rented the other day in Beijing and the countless "orders" that were procured there, thus putting his performance numbers through the roof. 

He does eventually say that one "order" is equivalent to 500 litecoins, and at the end of the clip he performs some math to estimate  that the daily total at the last event was over 10,000,000LTC.  It is unclear whether the "order" is a commitment to buy or an acual purchase made at the meetup, which he seemed to refer to as a "market."

At any rate, my internal Chinese>English translation algorithm was unable to detect a single mention of Dash even after multiple passes.

Love it! Who of us that know something about anything haven't gone to an MLM meeting or two! You forgot to mention the bit about how at some point during the session the presenter speaks glowingly to the audience how "you're such a great audience and so intelligent..." and "I don't think I've yet had such a motivated audience; you guys clearly have an edge..." blah blah (add further "you're special" ingredients here to work the room up into a "yes" frenzy) blah blah. When I was in my late teens I got involved in a "business opportunity" week long training on how to sell time-share (back in the eighties when it had first started). I remember one particularly dubious character taught us all to (in his words) "work that f^*~ing hinge" meaning to keeping nodding continuously in front of your prospective buyers as the non-stop nodding will be infectious and they will nod their way to signing up. I remember at the time feeling intensely uncomfortable and fake-as (and I think around day 3 of the "training" I bailed before my soul was totally sold out).

Here's a supposed translation of that video from another thread where the poster claims to be a native Mandarin speaker:

As per a video posted on 8btc. A "direct sales" team is promoting the litecoin nation-wide.
http://8btc.com/thread-20406-1-1.html
Here is the eagerly awaited transcript of what is actually said in the video. Translation was done by bitcointalk member polychenko (you can Donate BTC to him at 1NBBuD3N89sRLYgG8HvURUvVPzGEgiaT8a)

Video:

Transcript:
Hands up the first time you’ve seen me here – old friends let’s welcome the new friends. [other repetitive introductory stuff].
4 days ago I traveling from Beijing to Dalian then I stayed for 1 day, then went to Shenyang.
And then I stayed there for 2 days for 2 conferences – with 2 teams there.
Then I went to Anshan. I then had a talk in Anshan then drove here [?]. This is my one week schedule.
But one thing is similar is that for example in Dalian, after the conference, the market had 600 more bookings!
In Beijing that team asked us to go back there for another conference.
I don’t like the Beijing people – too proud of themselves, don’t like other province people.
Because of that we booked a hotel which is just next to the government – only ambassadors live there.
From the first meeting, they are all relatives of Xi Jinping etc. [Chinese President!]
Some people say they are from the finance department of the main government.
I did think ‘I can’t do anything for this market’. The second day another good quality team came.
First they only sent less important people, then they realized it’s a good opportunity so sent the team leaders.
5 people in a team – each one gives 60 transactions.
Also they said they want to start the main marketing in July.
Only these few days when in north east china, and they kept telling us ‘come back to Beijing’ for more collaboration. [to make the scheme bigger]
From above, you can see that Litecoin is very popular with a big market there.
On 17th April when this company registered in china I was involved in planning.
Some people can earn around 100 000 within 1 day, but others work 10 years and earn 100 000, depends on the speed.
So I came out from home 17th April and  drove for miles, and I haven’t been back home since. The first 28 days for me. [clapping]
I used around 10 days to have another round in these markets – it’s my second time to Panjin[sp?]
I got 200 bookings, each is 500 litecoins. How much is that? [end]

There's absolutely no mention of Dash and, even without the translation, I think you'd hear the guy actually say "Dash" as my experience of doing business in HK & Taiwan is that at presentations in their native language, product names will often be heard in amongst a continual stream of (to me and most westerners) indecipherable sound. I've noticed this at meetings where a Microsoft rep will be presenting and you'll hear the MS product names being mentioned in perfect sounding English.

I really think that little pump we saw for Dash was purely based on the speculation doing the rounds that "Dash is next". I don't think these Chinese running this pyramid scheme are onto Dash and (hopefully) won't touch it as it's clearly hugely damaging. No one will trust another Litecoin run-up now.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:27:50 AM

Love it! Who of us that know something about anything haven't gone to an MLM meeting or two! You forgot to mention the bit about how at some point during the session the presenter speaks glowingly to the audience how "you're such a great audience and so intelligent..." and "I don't think I've yet had such a motivated audience; you guys clearly have an edge..." blah blah (add further "you're special" ingredients here to work the room up into a "yes" frenzy) blah blah. When I was in my late teens I got involved in a "business opportunity" week long training on how to sell time-share (back in the eighties when it had first started). I remember one particularly dubious character taught us all to (in his words) "work that f^*~ing hinge" meaning to keeping nodding continuously in front of your prospective buyers as the non-stop nodding will be infectious and they will nod their way to signing up. I remember at the time feeling intensely uncomfortable and fake-as (and I think around day 3 of the "training" I bailed before my soul was totally sold out).

Here's a supposed translation of that video from another thread where the poster claims to be a native Mandarin speaker:

There's absolutely no mention of Dash and, even without the translation, I think you'd hear the guy actually say "Dash" as my experience of doing business in HK & Taiwan is that at presentations in their native language, product names will often be heard in amongst a continual stream of (to me and most westerners) indecipherable sound. I've noticed this at meetings where a Microsoft rep will be presenting and you'll hear the MS product names being mentioned in perfect sounding English.

I really think that little pump we saw for Dash was purely based on the speculation doing the rounds that "Dash is next". I don't think these Chinese running this pyramid scheme are onto Dash and (hopefully) won't touch it as it's clearly hugely damaging. No one will trust another Litecoin run-up now.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the translation, RenegadeMan! It was very interesting to compare my comprehension of it with somone else's.

Glad to hear that you wisely chose to exclude yourself from that vicious soul-sucking world. Your descriptions were hilarious and spot-on, BTW.

The awkwardness for me was exacerbated by continual pressure from friends to join and in turn sign-up my own friends.  Monetizing one's friends can never end well, as it pretty much destroys that tacit bond of trust which underscores all friendships.  That being said, we are breaking new ground in this area with social networking like Facebook, where counter-productive relationships are encouraged and real friendships are exploited and monetized by third parties.

I know what you mean about the Chinese insertion of English pronouns amidst their stream of 99% Chinese words.  While this is definintely true in the tech sector of Taiwan, I'm not so sure it holds true in Mainland China. The mainlanders seem to be less enamored with English-speaking cultures than their offshore Chinese counterparts, and usually prefer to use full Chinese transliterations for all foreign proper nouns.  For example, in Taiwan Google is simply said in English "Google," but in China they translate the name into the Chinese words Gu-Ge which literally means "valley brother."

In the video, the speaker does actually say litecoin a few times, but only in Chinese as "Lai-Te Currency."  I am aware of the various Chinese monikers used for Dash and Darkcoin previously (yes even the "devil" one), and was keenly listening for anything that even remotely sounded like it.  Like others have speculated, I doubt there will be any huge influx of Chinese money into Dash without some easily accessible Dash/CNY trading pairs for them.  We would pretty much need the equivalent of a 2013 OKCoin, except for Dash.  I strongly believe this will ultimately happen, as truly tech-savvy and economic-minded individuals cannot help but notice the monetary advantages of Dash over bitcoin.   We certainly have no problem attracting smart money. The stupid (and orders of magnitude larger in quantity) money will eventually follow.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:54:01 AM

China Stock Market Crash, Greek Crisis & Bitcoin - Simon Dixon on ATV Hong Kong
(No Dash)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZsXRNBeV4&feature=youtu.be
(Simon is cool, good show)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:50:28 AM

guys if anyone from here is from usa you really should watch this..now, http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2015/07/13/brace-yourselves-jade-helm-15-is-coming

http://www.washingtonpost.com/.../texas-wants-its-gold.../
 2013 Texas asked for its gold back...quote "For it to make sense to go to all that hassle of storing your own gold, you have to be insuring against some much darker possibilities, like a collapse of the U.S. government and monetary system, and/or Texas making a (second) bid to secede from the United States."

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:18:28 AM

If we (crypto) are gonna try to get the MASSES involved, we HAVE TO HAVE A SIMPLE SOLUTION....

Crypto derivatives is what will make it accessible to "the masses". They do not want to be faffing around with wallets.

Here's an interesting crypto-derivative:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/new-spanish-service-lets-people-buy-bitcoin-local-stores/

You walk into a shop in Spain. You buy one of these cards and pay 100 Euros for it - easy as pie, no wallets, nothing. Apparently the card is 'bitcoin' and is worth 100 Euros, except it isn't. It's just backed by bitcoin (you can redeem it by creating a wallet, going to a web site and entering your wallet address and card number, at which point the appropriate amount of bitcoin corresponding to that day's exchange rate will be transferred to your address.

Think about it. These cards are the exact equivalent of the old gold and silver reserve banknotes that said "The Bank of England promise to pay the bearer on demand"...etc.

This is what's needed - crypto-derivatives. It's the next layer of cryptocurrency financial system. I personally think that Spanish system is one of the greatest developments in bitcoin to date and I'm amazed that there hasn't been more hype about it.

Think about it - in one fell swoop, they've solved the volatility problem for a start. One of those 100 Euro Spanish bitcoin cards is always worth 100 Euros, regardless of the bitcoin price. So it can be used as money in it's own right.

Crypto derivatives. Thats "your man"  Wink

I think I might buy one and post a picture of it here for posterity - one of those shops is about half a mile from me.  Dash should get in on this game if it can.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:29:25 AM

Look at Austria:

https://coinfinity.co/bitcoinbon/

Same system, Bitcoin "coupons", all over the country.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:32:38 AM

If we (crypto) are gonna try to get the MASSES involved, we HAVE TO HAVE A SIMPLE SOLUTION....

Crypto derivatives is what will make it accessible to "the masses". They do not want to be faffing around with wallets.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/new-spanish-service-lets-people-buy-bitcoin-local-stores/

You walk into a shop in Spain. You buy one of these cards and pay 100 Euros for it - easy as pie, no wallets, nothing. Apparently the card is 'bitcoin' and is worth 100 Euros, except it isn't. It's just backed by bitcoin (you can redeem it by creating a wallet, going to a web site and entering your wallet address and card number, at which point the appropriate amount of bitcoin corresponding to that day's exchange rate will be transferred to your address.

Think about it. These cards are the exact equivalent of the old gold and silver reserve banknotes that said "The Bank of England promise to pay the bearer on demand"...etc.

This is what's needed - crypto-derivatives. It's the next layer of cryptocurrency financial system. I personally think that Spanish system is one of the greatest developments in bitcoin to date and I'm amazed that there hasn't been more hype about it.

Think about it - in one fell swoop, they've solved the volatility problem for a start. One of those 100 Euro Spanish bitcoin cards is always worth 100 Euros, regardless of the bitcoin price. So it can be used as money in it's own right.

I think I might buy one and post a picture of it here for posterity - one of those shops is about half a mile from me.  Dash should get in on this game if it can.

That is brilliant!

I've been saying for a long time that the entire paradigm of 'wallets' (qt or online ones like Electrum) are all so very technical and entirely outside the realm of Mr or Mrs regular citizen's ability understand or use safely. The many experiences we have of managing our wallet.dat files when we're updating our wallet versions is just way too technical for any sort of mainstream adoption. In fact the entire QT wallet concept with connections, the block-chain needing to be downloaded/continually updated and all the attendant possibilities for a user to have a "pfft and they're gone" coin loss experience pretty much eliminates crypto as it currently stands from any sort of mainstream adoption.

There needs to be entirely new ideas and ways of deploying this stuff. Pre-loaded cards that allow a user to spend their crypto at retail outlets is clearly a direction one can imagine all this heading. And the fact they can then pull the bitcoin/dash/whatever down off the card into a normal wallet (if they're knowledgeable enough) provides a bridge between the regular world of users who know about pre-paid cards and this world us crypto nerds occupy.

Many opportunities in this space that's for sure.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:55:46 AM

Look at Austria:

https://coinfinity.co/bitcoinbon/

Same system, Bitcoin "coupons", all over the country.
Wow, I had no idea there is smth at that scale in Europe! Bookmarked  Smiley

But I would not forget that that "hybrid" 3rd-party solution where both crypto and old physical form preloaded card involved is good as an easy but still risky way to get in crypto imo. All you have after you payed cash is not [bit]coins but a plastic card with numbers until you actually redeem it to your wallet. And now that 3rd-party is basically your new bank. Roll Eyes

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:07:54 AM

Dash is going to have same functionality soon.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/buyanycoin-plans-to-support-dash.5486/

Pages: « 1 ... 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 [4978] 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: