Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 [5005] 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722498 times)
orangecycle

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 02:34:24 PM

How do I get reward for running a node?
It goes to your masternode address as a default OR if forwarded as a donation goes to the address you point.

Hey, I watched your link... can't understand what exactly is.
And... where do I find the software to set up a node?

If you have 1,000 Dash, the easiest way to setup a node is through Node40. https://node40.com

After logging in select Masternodes => Setup Wizard. There are a few videos on the site that will show you how it works. And if you have any questions, there are real people behind Node40 who can help you out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:40:21 PM

It goes to your masternode address as a default OR if forwarded as a donation goes to the address you point.

splawik21 can built a masternode for you if you have 1000dash but no skill or manage a share of it if you have, for exemple, just 100 or 600 dash , and for a really good price!  Smiley
GODLIKE

Activity: 546

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:42:12 PM

If you have 1,000 Dash, the easiest way to setup a node is through Node40. https://node40.com

After logging in select Masternodes => Setup Wizard. There are a few videos on the site that will show you how it works. And if you have any questions, there are real people behind Node40 who can help you out.

Dude... correct me if I'm wrong but... 1000 Dash is 3700$.
I want to earn something and help the Dash network, not invest 3700$ into this  Grin

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:43:35 PM

splawik21 can built a masternode for you if you have 1000dash but no skill or manage a share of it if you have, for exemple, just 100 or 600 dash , and for a really good price!  Smiley

I have NO DASH at the moment, but I checked the features of this crypto and I find it promising.
I think that when the boom will come, this one has good chances to not crumble like all the other ones will do.
But I haven't hundreds of $ to spend to set up a node.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:59:40 PM

I have NO DASH at the moment, but I checked the features of this crypto and I find it promising.
I think that when the boom will come, this one has good chances to not crumble like all the other ones will do.

Here is good news for you:
https://www.dashpay.io/news/the-dash-network-approves-the-implementation-of-decentralized-governance-system/

Soon it'll be possible to submit your proposal - how you can help Dash project in developing and promoting. And you can also earn your first DASHs with this initiative...

blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:12:41 PM

inp. whatis=chat url - # again? |-
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:13:15 PM

Here is good news for you:
https://www.dashpay.io/news/the-dash-network-approves-the-implementation-of-decentralized-governance-system/

Soon it'll be possible to submit your proposal - how you can help Dash project in developing and promoting. And you can also earn your first DASHs with this initiative...

Hey thank you for your time.
I didn't know that Dash implements this trusting mechanism... I think it's good they take it off though and allow people to join the network and help with nodes.
Maybe they can re-introduce it later on, when Dash will have gained more reputation.

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:14:48 PM

I want to earn something and help the Dash network, not invest 3700$ into this  Grin

It's not like you lose your 1k Dash... you can sell them at anytime. Further, if you don't want to commit to buying 1k coins, buy what you feel comfortable with and look into a node share with others with less than the 1k amount.
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:26:35 PM

I want to earn something and help the Dash network, not invest 3700$ into this  Grin

It's not like you lose your 1k Dash... you can sell them at anytime. Further, if you don't want to commit to buying 1k coins, buy what you feel comfortable with and look into a node share with others with less than the 1k amount.

Thank you for suggestion, but I prefer to wait that they open up and set up a node myself if I can.

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:32:14 PM

I want to earn something and help the Dash network, not invest 3700$ into this  Grin

Thank you for suggestion, but I prefer to wait that they open up and set up a node myself if I can.

Again, this requirement for a masternode isn't going anywhere. You're not magically going to be able to setup one without holding some coins and in total, summing to the 1k needed to qualify (be it all your coins or pooling with other fractional owners).
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:02:07 PM

Again, this requirement for a masternode isn't going anywhere. You're not magically going to be able to setup one without holding some coins and in total, summing to the 1k needed to qualify (be it all your coins or pooling with other fractional owners).

I guess - in reality he could make a proposal to dismantle the DASH system - but I'd find it very hard to believe that enough of us would vote YEA to do that - lol

Uhm ok then, I'll not be setting up a node it seems Cheesy
No problem, I'll leave this task to who has those money to invest Smiley

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:05:59 PM

I guess - in reality he could make a proposal to dismantle the DASH system - but I'd find it very hard to believe that enough of us would vote YEA to do that - lol

try looking for some Dash faucets (sites that give some free dash away) and also download a Dash wallet and put yr Dash Address in your signature.
If you also put a nice slogan there why you think Dash is a good coin to follow you may find yrself with some Dash one day... maybe faster then you think  Wink

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:15:46 PM

try looking for some Dash faucets (sites that give some free dash away) and also download a Dash wallet and put yr Dash Address in your signature.
If you also put a nice slogan there why you think Dash is a good coin to follow you may find yrself with some Dash one day... maybe faster then you think  Wink
You never knows Wink meaby changing the signature makes you earn some coins Cheesy
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:22:46 PM

So you weren't planning on buying any Dash anyway? If you were planning on buying some coins, then whatever amount you ended up buying could be put toward a partial share in a masternode with others in a similar situation (restating). You could setup a node without any dash just by leaving an unfunded wallet open, but you certainly aren't going to get paid for it.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:29:17 PM

Those words "trusted people".....they kept me up a few nights thinking about any project proposing to create a system that relies on this kind of trust.

There are now almost 3,000 MNs. All with untouched collateral funds.

Some thoughts on options:

1. Segregate 25% of MN collateral for mixing

2. Allow MNs to mix while remaining part of the MN count.

They are there to provide a service. Darksend is one of the key protocol services.

For example.

During the mixing process, the protocol randomly chooses a number of MNs to elect into the mixing process.

Now, add this.

Create a trivial nonce so that all remaining MNs compete for being liquidity mixing providers. The first 10 to solve a trivial problem are elected to do the mixing, for which the people wanting coins to be mixed pay these MNs a fee.

Possibly add a 'mixing = true' function into the config settings so anyone not wanting to compete for mixing fees can opt out of being a liquidity provider.

There are some fundamental problems with anonymising the MN collateral inputs...

True, but I don't see why the MN input can't be locked but other funds in the wallet can't be mixed while running masternodes?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:45:07 PM

GODLIKE, If you just want to help the network, running a full node, or a wallet with the full blockchain will always be helpful.  Also, like alex-ru was trying to say, it will soon be possible to earn coins by making a proposal and getting paid directly from the blockchain.  10% of the blockchain rewards are going to pay for development, marketing, or whatever brilliant idea people come up with.  The only trick is to get enough people to vote for your idea that it gets approved.  If you get enough votes to win a spot, you will get payments directly to your wallet.

The way this will work is that after a proposal is made, it will have a forum where the entire community can discuss it, refine it, and the proposer will adjust his specifications until he gets the required votes.  Those specifications are the contract and if the proposer doesn't meet the mile stones, the voters can vote down the project and stop the funding.

It is desireable for everyone in the community to get involved, but only masternodes can vote for security reasons.

Anyway, it's a great way to earn coins if you have an idea and talent, especially in marketing or developing.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:50:13 PM

I personally run (2) wallet.dat files

MNwallet.dat
and
Personalwallet.dat

All MN funds get 'donated' to the Personal Wallet....

Never really have to open the MN wallet.dat

I do the same, it's just that if I could leave coins with the masternode wallet AND run a mixing node at the same time, I could have one on each masternode and one on my desktop (if I had it running main net, LOL)  But masternode=1 in conf file locks the wallet out of mixing for protection against breaking up those 1000 coins, and messing the masternode wallet up.  If those funds could be locked, but any funds in another address be allowed to mix, that'd be great Smiley

GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:39:13 PM

So you weren't planning on buying any Dash anyway? If you were planning on buying some coins, then whatever amount you ended up buying could be put toward a partial share in a masternode with others in a similar situation (restating). You could setup a node without any dash just by leaving an unfunded wallet open, but you certainly aren't going to get paid for it.

I don't have much funds... I plan to buy a few, like 30-50.
Not enough to get into funding anything Wink

GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:10:47 PM

GODLIKE, If you just want to help the network, running a full node, or a wallet with the full blockchain will always be helpful.  Also, like alex-ru was trying to say, it will soon be possible to earn coins by making a proposal and getting paid directly from the blockchain.  10% of the blockchain rewards are going to pay for development, marketing, or whatever brilliant idea people come up with.  The only trick is to get enough people to vote for your idea that it gets approved.  If you get enough votes to win a spot, you will get payments directly to your wallet.

The way this will work is that after a proposal is made, it will have a forum where the entire community can discuss it, refine it, and the proposer will adjust his specifications until he gets the required votes.  Those specifications are the contract and if the proposer doesn't meet the mile stones, the voters can vote down the project and stop the funding.

It is desireable for everyone in the community to get involved, but only masternodes can vote for security reasons.

Anyway, it's a great way to earn coins if you have an idea and talent, especially in marketing or developing.

Well... it's nice... if only I knew this one year ago... I worked in the games industry, can use Unity like my hands, I make graphics and 3D models and game design.
I have one idea for a betting game similar to pachinko, it's an evolution of it, with 3D graphics and mechanisms and upgraded mechanic, I think it could make a good success.
But I will only get engaged into it if I find one SERIOUS person that will help me with the coding of it.
I can do the whole game part, I need help for the coin integration and database (PHP, MySQL or whatever) because I haven't any experience with those.
With SERIOUS I mean somebody that at the end of the week will have done what has to be done to proceed with the project, because if I don't see the progress I get demotivated soon and I NEED to see the thing in action and growing.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:42:08 PM

LOL - can't say anybody ever donated to me - lol
but I guess it could happen......
Had to work for my DASH :-P
You can't say that any more, haha  Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Pages: « 1 ... 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 [5005] 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: