Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 [5322] 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:54:06 PM

Wow!  So sad... XMR pays for dirt bags to troll.  Karma is a bitch and she takes no prisoners.

It makes complete sense now.  We have had some odd trolls here and there...  But they disappeared after a couple of posts.  I could never understand why someone would devote so much time and energy and negativity to one cause.

Adam White,  the Dasher,  Icebreaker and couple of others are PAID by another Crypto-Currency, Monero, to troll. Your core devs are Scum bags!   It shows... You are afraid... Your currency will turn out your be a scam... Your behaviour proves it.

Douche bags.....

Oh, Ice doesn't get paid.  

Our icey friend is bound to this coin as he went in at a high price when he laundered hashfast creditor and customer btc and fiat into XMR.

If he dumps then that's it for market cap, then again he can't dump as there is only one exchange with volume. Not forgetting he has creditors and former customers on his tail........

Again, irony is that he didn't know he was dancing with the devil when he and the hashfast team laundered into XMR.

Now you see the story unfold, no?

Monero, such honey pot, such coin.

Icebreaker would change his mind for a masternode though  Cheesy

It's possible to create a donation therapy for iCEBREAKER ?

The volunteer work I do here, helping credulous green noobs escape the clutches of the Darkcoin cult, is my therapy.

If you'd like to donate, PM for an address.

Maybe I'd change my attitude and sig, if I had a Masternode...  Wink

So what are you saying here? That people should pay you a Masternode / 1000 DRKs to stop trolling?

Hmmm...
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:11:13 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to DASH. What is DASH target price 5 years from now? Where does this community see this coin?

Do you guys see a world where BTC and DASH Co exist ....BTC being digital gold....ltc digital silver...DASH being day to day money...DigiByte bing the pennies of crypto

Bitshares running companies on the blockchain

Ethereum running our household appliances

Imo Dash picks up where Bitcoin left off and addresses the weaknesses that have appeared over time, the reducing node count is addressed by masternodes for example, incentivised nodes that provide second tier services. That allows things like transaction confirmations in seconds with InstantX and fungibility with Darksend and there's lots in the works for future updates, a massive increase in transaction volume for one but the development list for v13 takes things to a whole new level.

That's not to say Dash and Bitcoin can't co-exist, Bitcoin is making headway into the legacy financial system and that's essential for crypto as a whole but Dash is more like cash and Bitcoin more like bank or wire transfers.

The website's here, the video series in the "About" section is well worth a look:
https://www.dashpay.io/

Interesting. Thanks for your input I will continue to research DASH.

Make sure you do thorough research before you invest anything because you are very very likely to loose.  Have a look at how desperatley OTOH and EVAN (Biggest DASH bagholders) have been pumping DASH a few weeks ago. Its comical when a coin dev reiterates that its a great time/price to buy his coin, that he is buying now, etc.  It is very evident that they have decided there is no future for DASH and as a last ditch effort they have come up with a whole bunch of additional features they propose to implement in DASH coin and announced it recently at Bitcoin wednesday.  You cant be a jack of all trades in this space, stick to something and do that well.  Pretty soon they will anounce that DASH will make you coffee in the morning.  Very desperate effort to unload their holdings on unsuspecting noobs before they give up on this travesty of a project.

These large bagholders are dumping DASH at 10k at a time.  Thats 10 masternodes at a time.  Dont fall for all the stupid "cheap" coin bullshit which every coins bagholders scream when the price drops.

Do your research carefully and ask yourself if their actions make sense in the context that they are projecting.  Its too bad so many people wasted effort on side projects around DASH as well as lost money investing in DASH but thats the name of the game.  Don't join their ranks.

The best part is how EvanTheInstaminer advertises the following:

Hello Everyone

We're making great progress with PR and our marketing team was looking for other OTC buyers. If you're interested in getting some extra Dash and helping out at the same time, this is a great way to do it. Contact daniel@dashpay.io if you're interested.

If you're not interested right now, but you might be in the future please also email daniel@dashpay.io and he will add you to the mailing list. This is going to be the ongoing way expenses are paid for to promote dash.

Thanks!

DCT Thread : https://dashtalk.org/threads/opening-otc-trading-to-community.6173

At the same time he's spamming the thread with "i'm buying!" along with his amateur hour TA:

Cute buy wall 32btc @.0101

Finally got my money to the exchange  Wink

I'm seeing all sorts of stuff happening in the charts all at once, which is a great sign when you see a bunch of bullish formations at once. This is how I used to day trade for my firm back in the day. The general idea here is you go from the shortest time period, then you walk out to the longest. If you see bullish or bearish signals in all of the charts at once, it's quite meaningful. Here's what I'm seeing:

On the really short term chart, there's a triple top:

Moving averages are crossing as we speak, so momentum is changing from negative to positive:

If you step out a bit, It looks like we're going to cross in a couple days, for a much more meaningful MA

If we break above 0.011, I believe this was a false breakdown

When trading, there's also a couple other things to consider:
- The order book on the buy side, which is quite nice.
- Then there's the fundamental side for the trade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc, The budget system and governance system? Plus everything we're about to do)

Away, that was fun.... back to coding

When called out on what a bad trade this was:

I gave a condition for my trade and it didn't confirm.

Anyway, I'm still buying.  Wink

Now why would he need to buy coins on an exchange at all when Daniel@dashpay.io AKA Minotaur26 is selling coins OTC? So the DASH team advertise that they're selling coins OTC whilst promoting buying coins on an exchange. Brilliant!

Hey can the DASH devs please explain this or are you just going to continue lying about paid trolls without posting proof? AlexGR is another scam defending Dashtard for quoting posts that have already been deleted by the moderator.

Dashtards getting real desperate now it seems. You guys are the scum of crypto and that's really saying something.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:15:20 AM

I came across this site : https://www.minds.com/Dashpay
do we know who's site it is ?

edit : appearently its from someone called "MindSet" who created it 17th of june 2015
as alternative to Facebook. Looks rather up to date as well.

And it has 118 Subscribers ... not bad.

Oh yah, that's the privacy-centric social network site I was trying to find again.  Now it's been a while, so I can't remember, but I think it's distributed?   I wanted to post it on a thread in DashTalk, so cool someone made a Dash page!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:39:05 AM

Evan Duffield Explains Dash Technology and Announces Evolution at Bitcoin Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw5Gk-iuy0

Published on Oct 22, 2015

This talk was given during the Bitcoin Wednesday conference on 7 October, 2015 when Evan made his "Evolution" announcement.
Evan Duffield is the lead developer and founder of the Dash cryptocurrency.

tungfa : wake up !! Smiley

Edit : almost forgot about that projector
Thanks for posting, that was excellent  

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:08:08 AM

Nice!

Just watched Evan speaking in the Netherlands....really excited to see the decentralized API and learn more about what the implications of that are.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:21:28 AM

Nice!

Just watched Evan speaking in the Netherlands....really excited to see the decentralized API and learn more about what the implications of that are.

One of the most exciting ones was on Evan's update announcement on Dashtalk.  Imagine that you have a wallet that keeps all it's information between devices.  That is, you open your computer, and use the wallet there to buy something on OpenBazaar, then you run to the store with your smart phone, and purchase some food for dinner, paying with the same wallet, which knows the transaction from the first wallet... now your wife goes out to get some gasoline, and you have a shared Dash wallet, so she pays with her phone, same wallet, and that wallet also knows the transactions from earlier in the day.  

Now lets say the wallet only had one known address loaded when saved to different devices (so basically, I'm trying to show how newly generated addresses can be automatically a part of different versions of the wallet.)

How can that be?  With an API, the wallets can stay synced because the network can hold encrypted information for your wallet, that your devices stay up to date on.  Now I don't understand all the specifics, but if this is possible, it's pretty amazing.  It means that if you have 1 back up of your wallet from any point in time, you can NOT lose your funds!  

That alone, besides ease of use, is worth platinum.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 04:26:12 AM

Nice!

want to run a command? pick any server out of thousands, connect and send your request.

your request (and response) will be verified by a set of (for all intents and purposes) random servers which must all agree on the validity of the request (and it's response) before it is processed/returned to you.

The possibilities for requests and responses are endless.

if this is possible, it's pretty amazing.  It means that if you have 1 back up of your wallet from any point in time, you can NOT lose your funds!  

It's quite possible. Wink

And, it's possible you might not even have to back anything up except a bunch of random words... Or nothing at all. Smiley

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:27:34 AM

I came across this site : https://www.minds.com/Dashpay
do we know who's site it is ?

edit : appearently its from someone called "MindSet" who created it 17th of june 2015
as alternative to Facebook. Looks rather up to date as well.

And it has 118 Subscribers ... not bad.

Oh yah, that's the privacy-centric social network site I was trying to find again.  Now it's been a while, so I can't remember, but I think it's distributed?   I wanted to post it on a thread in DashTalk, so cool someone made a Dash page!

Can't see anything about distributed in the info, any idea where you might have heard that?

EDIT: For something that's proud to be open-source the source is a bit elusive :/ That minds.com name seems a bit beyond the reach of their revenue model too, nothing dubious about its encryption?

Then I must be wrong about it.  I saw it posted, probably here, and it sounded like it was distributed.  There are some distributed social networks in the works, but I don't see how they'll work if there is no revenue stream planned.  Of course the MN network could do this Wink

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:32:16 AM

It's quite possible. Wink

And, it's possible you might not even have to back anything up except for a bunch of random words...

If you and Evan and the other core developers say so, it's all I need Smiley

Oh man, I'm one of the many Dash Fans that wishes they could code so bad!  It would be so much fun to contribute!  Instead I must sit on the sidelines Sad  Me = NoCodeTalent :..(

moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 04:39:52 AM

Oh man, I'm one of the many Dash Fans that wishes they could code so bad!  It would be so much fun to contribute!  Instead I must sit on the sidelines Sad  Me = NoCodeTalent :..(

It's like learning an instrument.
You just have to jump in and code every day.
(and suck at it for the first couple of years)

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:33:59 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 09:13:10 AM by toknormal

Bitcoin trying to poke through the 270/280 resistance levels. Double / triple top on the 4-hour. Volume slightly less on this last peak. If it doesn't make it, possible retrace back to 240-260.

The real question is what's going to happen on this chart ? It needs to get to around 320-350 to have established a real long-term breakout and start pulling in new capital to the cryptocurrency economy (including Dash).

However, the 1-week OBV (which is a more predictive view of things) suggests that the corner has definitely been turned and volume is coming back in to drive the market more fundamentally. (Though shorter range OBV's indicate that yet another retrace is on the cards before a longer term breakout. All depends on getting through the 270-280 level. Triple-top usually means a bounce-back).

(P.S. Bitbay volume spike. Could get interesting).
Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:53:56 AM

The only delay element to it is you lose your place in the que for payments, so if you spend any of the 1k just after receiving a payment you lose nothing. If it was last paid a few days ago you lose those few days in waiting for a payment if you move 1k back in and reactivate it.

EDIT: There's also an Easter egg in the payment calcs, 1/100 chance of receiving a double payment Wink

I can confirm this is true... I received a double payment the other day from one of my MNs  Grin Tongue

Walter
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:54:21 AM

Yes I will wait that stuff is beyond me right now.  I am going to focus on acquiring 10k DASH before year end. Then I will dive into masternodes. I know a good vision when I see one. This coin is gold IMO.

If you want to get your first 1,000 Dash into a masternode in a matter of minutes, check out https://node40.com

The Dash stays in your wallet. We commission, manage and monitor the masternode server for you. You sit back and watch the rewards come directly to your wallet.

These guys are truly heroes. I wouldn't have set up a MN before these guys showed up. Easy peasy and not a single issue with regards to security of your stash. Recommended without a doubt.. Smiley
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:28:25 AM

Is there a reliable dash explorer with an api method for unspent outputs? 

dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 09:38:59 AM

The whole idea behind the Virtual Corporation is that anyone can step up to the plate and work for it, if accepted by the voters.

And I must suggest strongly, that anyone wanting to do a proposal, think months in advance, start a discussion on it (preferably on Dashwhale).  You need time to gain the approval of such a diverse group of voters.  The community needs time to digest your proposal, make suggestions, and for you to implement those suggestions.  In a very real way, the forum thread that contains your proposal is your contract with the Dash Virtual Corporation.  These proposals have been coming out so loosely, mostly things that Evan says he'd like us to do, and we just do it.  Eventually, proposals should come from anyone, and they should be formalized in a thread, with final specifications and a time table.  The community should keep them honest and raise the red flag if something is going wrong, so the MN can vote down the proposal and stop the funding on solid grounds.  

Don't get me wrong, we Know our current core team are keeping tight watch on all funds they spend, and they're a small group doing so many things, but plan on putting that ledger out for public view.  But that's not how a decentralized system should work, (relying on one person to tell us what to fund and do) and we need to start setting up some rules/traditions.  IMO Smiley

Look what happened to DashWhale's proposal.  The implimented Evan's vision of a place where we can manage Dash voting, and a forum for proposals.  However, Evan never formally Green lighted the project, I suspect because he doesn't want to be the almighty dictator and to let MN voters do the right thing.  And MN voters won't support it, with many saying the reason was that Evan didn't say they should.  We all (community and MN voters) need to grow up and make the decisions that are right for Dash.  Will others that start projects, hoping to show they can do it prior to asking for funding, now stop because it looks very much like they can't win approval?  A project that's already obviously had a TON of work put into it for the benefit of the Dash Virtual Corporation, can't even get funding boggles my mind.

Otherwise it's been going very well Smiley

This hits the nail on the head, TanteStefana2.  Wink
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:43:59 AM

guster@guster-HP-Compaq-nc4400-RL880AW-AB1:~$ curl https://icanhazip.com/
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: icanhazip.com

I think the (6) means it's trying to use your ipv6 interface, but you don't have dns configured on it.

See if adding -4 (see below) works for you. Then try the -6 (as below)
I may have to patch dashman to avoid misconfigured ipv6 interfaces:

Code:
$ curl -4 https://icanhazip.com
$ curl -6 https://icanhazip.com
2a03:b0c0:0:1010::4f:a001

after set dns 8.8.8.8   8.8.4.4  

guster@guster-HP-Compaq-nc4400-RL880AW-AB1:~$ curl https://icanhazip.com

success.
thanks moocowmoo.

moocowmoo check this transation.
Address: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX
TxId: 2ddb94b5183722828b4a2494b7bb8c2fa8e43fd75127a3afa5b0b4a7b5256ba1

Thanks for your help yesterday  and  very good dashman application.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:52:02 AM

Is there a reliable dash explorer with an api method for unspent outputs? 

Not sure, there's a couple here but I've no idea if they have an api:
http://explorer.dashninja.pl/chain/Dash
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/

Thanks, i'll take a look.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:24:11 AM

This is worth reposting here as it gives a take from the inner circles of dash dev team etc at a point in the past and the issues that made this supposed dev leave the dash project altogether:

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

It's not a rock song that's being built here it's electronic money.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:42:21 AM

Video #1:
Evan Duffield Dash Presentation and Pre-Announcement ‘Evolution’
at Bitcoin Wednesday (Amsterdam) 7 October, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9kZXWAeSs

Video #2:
Evan Duffield Q & A about Dash
at Bitcoin Wednesday (Amsterdam) 7 October, 2015

https://youtu.be/t7K9RMV3H6w
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:43:43 AM

This is worth reposting here as it gives a take from the inner circles of dash dev team etc at a point in the past and the issues that made this supposed dev leave the dash project altogether:

good luck

So a dev doesn't get along with the lead dev and quits, such drama.
Pages: « 1 ... 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 [5322] 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: