Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 [5426] 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722291 times)
Fatov

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:15:08 PM

>6M supply and no comments??
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/block.dws?372562.htm

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:21:55 PM

I don't post here that often anymore but holy shit InstantX is flawless every single time now. 5/6 confirmations by the time I switch to the "transactions" tab from the "send" tab. Sick.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:27:02 PM

This is worth quotting! Smiley YEAH 6KK baby! Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:31:06 PM

You don't see the difference between a planned unfair acquisition of coins and a true accident? I mean, really, the word "scam" implies malice...

I don't even know if Evan DID plan the instamine, because I haven't looked into it and don't really care all that much. But assuming it was malice, there's a HUGE difference.

You have to think about it.  In court they tell you as a Juror, you are instructed that if a witness lies under oath, all their testimony can be considered a lie and dismissed.  Now, think of the people using defamatory language anonymously against the hardest working developer, in this space.  Who is also completely open about who he is, talks publicly, etc... Then think of the lies these trolls constantly exude here on this thread.

Anyone with half a brain, or took 10 minutes to research will realize the truth.  A person with such a work ethic, who has been a public figure, is not a liar.

Sorry for screwing up the quote Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:36:38 PM

Of course he's a liar, because everybody lies. The only question is about what.

I think there is a difference between lying about something like this, having been asked a direct question by the public, and avoiding the subject with your wife that you spent $150.00 buying your friends drinks down at the pub. The things he has said on record, I am certain are true.  The things he doesn't want to discuss, because it's private, he doesn't say, period.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:03:39 PM

I'm guessing here, but I can see the mixing simply going from one of these masternodes to another, ultimately allowing for many rounds in milliseconds.  There is no time constraint like waiting for a block.  The MNs do all the work, and simply send them to the miners for inclusion.  

This is a great point and I think you're on to something, but that alone doesn't allow Darksend to be instant. You would still have the problem of waiting for funds to mix with. I think Evan must have something planned that's way outside the box!

probably just a full army of paid liquidity providers. Good job Evan, this is a very decentralized solution and without any cost to the network.

#sarcasm
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:05:56 PM

You don't see the difference between a planned unfair acquisition of coins and a true accident? I mean, really, the word "scam" implies malice...

I don't even know if Evan DID plan the instamine, because I haven't looked into it and don't really care all that much. But assuming it was malice, there's a HUGE difference.

You have to think about it.  In court they tell you as a Juror, you are instructed that if a witness lies under oath, all their testimony can be considered a lie and dismissed.  Now, think of the people using defamatory language anonymously against the hardest working developer, in this space.  Who is also completely open about who he is, talks publicly, etc... Then think of the lies these trolls constantly exude here on this thread.

Anyone with half a brain, or took 10 minutes to research will realize the truth.  A person with such a work ethic, who has been a public figure, is not a liar.

Sorry for screwing up the quote Tongue

Desperate people do/say desperate things, and there sure as shit is some desperate 'people' camping in this thread.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:10:17 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 09:32:46 PM by dnaleor

clearly

I don't know about you, but when I went to grad school they told me I had to provide evidence and documentation to support statements like this, but maybe you missed that day?

P.S. Here's a question that none of you trolls have ever been able to answer: If Evan "clearly" planned the early emission problems and mined tons of Dash early on, then why is he still working on the project? The price of Dash exceeded $11 each in May 2014...if Evan deliberately planned some elaborate scam, then why didn't he sell everything in May 2014 and just disappear, like so many other coin developers have done?

If Dash's instamine was a deliberate scam executed by Evan, WHY is he still working full time developing the coin?

Why?

Yes, clearly:

The official story about the instamine: https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118
Evan Duffield:“The instamine happened, there is no one disputing that fact. The crypto-community at large has no problem with this except a few who think it’s trying to be hidden in some way. In fact, I posted multiple times about the instamine, first in “The Birth Of Darkcoin” which is an account of the first few weeks of the launch and the mistakes that were made. Recently I also posted spoke about the Instamine in the video “Virtual Corporation”, which considers the concept that it might have been key to Dash’s success, which I believe now. It’s also important to note, I was working a very challenging day job while working on Dash in the first couple weeks. So I was putting out fires every night, keeping tabs on Dash during the day (while getting yelled at by my boss when he caught me a couple times). Eventually I quit when I got Dash stable enough to work on full time and decided I really wanted to explore what I could do with it. “

----------------------------------------------------

The evidence shows that it was a planned instamine. This wasn't mentioned before launch.
The features of this coin were also not public at launch.
=> Nobody was really interested in the coin at launch, making this instamine more a kind of "stealth launched premine".
In my books, that's a scam.

Please don't ignore the facts:

2013-12-29: 2 guys from Hawk Financial Group, Evan & Kyle, are asking on the Bitcoin Dev mailing list for "1 or 2 really good C++ programmer that is familiar with the bitcoin internals to help with a for-profit startup". They are planning to build a unique coin that is "not just a clone of the original Bitcoin code" but in stead "a merge-mined altcoin that will provide a very useful service to the whole crypto-coin ecosystem". They claim to have "detailed plans on how to implement it".

2014-01-18 There were some issues at launch, so Evan said he would postpone the launch and would "definitely not" launch it in the next hours. But he did launch it a few hours later.

2014-01-19 Xcoin was launched.
This was the emission in the first 72 hours of the coins existence:

This was the emission of the first 100 days:

At the moment, there are about 6 million DASH in circulation. There would be 84 million Xcoins eventually.
Note that in the first hour, 500k Xcoins were mined. Due to the "quick fix" of the bug, not many people expected to launch a few hours after Evan said he would "definitely not" launch in the next hours.

2014-01-19 Right after the launch, there were problems with the window binaries. Evan clearly was mining right from the start, as he offered 5000 Xcoin as a bounty for compiling the binaries.

2014-01-20 After the emission of almost 2 million coins, Evan said that "now that everything is stable, I'll be posting later about the vision of this project and milestones!". Up until this point, only the "X11 hashing algoritm" was a known feature. According to him, it was "time to move on to actually implementing what I set out to do".

2014-01-22 Evan releases his plans for XCoin. At this point, more than 2 million coins were mined.

Xcoin rebranded to Darkcoin and eventually to DASH later on.

---

Later on, some contradictions surfaced:

* The emission schedule changed multiple times. The latest we heard is that the number of coins would be somewhere between 14 million and like 16 million DASH.
* Evan said that this project was just a hobby he started while working on a full time job and coded Xcoin in a weekend.
* Evan claims there were hundreds of miners if not thousands when Xcoin launched. Recent investigation showed that there were 124 IP addreses that were mining at the start. 115 of those addresses where Cloudhosting and Dedicated Servers, 9 of them seem to be private/users.106 of them were at Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud instances.

---

Conclusions:
*Evan isn't acting alone, he had/has a team behind him right from the start. It wasn't a hobby. he had a plan to make a profit.
*Evan had plans for his coin right from the start, but didn't release them until after the instamine
*1.5 million coins were mined in the first 8 hours. Most of these coin ended up in his (and his friends) hands. It's very likely the 500k in the first hour were only mined by him with cloudhosting services.
*He lowered the emission later on, to make his relative share of coins bigger.

How can this be all an accident (like Evan is always saying) and NOT be intentional?
Evan was looking for c++ devs for a "for profit startup" at the end of 2013 for the launch of an altcoin. Question:

QUESTION:
>How can you make a profit by launching an altcoin (and be sure to be able to pay your devs)?
ANSWER:
>by premining and/or instamining.

How he did it is pretty easy:
*telling people the release would definitely not be in the next couple of hours and after that do launch it a few hours later
*buggy windows binaries
*a "code error" creating 500k coins in the first hour, >1.5 million in the first 8 hours.

=> DASH was clearly a planned instamine (and thus a scam)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:11:04 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 09:21:19 PM by Otoh

My god, modnazis or what?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

oh darn, i just saw one and i feel too tired to run  Embarrassed

Black cats are considered lucky in Europe, Japan etc, atm I'm in España so OK Wink

"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every troll that trolls."

I won't bother checking in to this forum much again now, I donated $10,000 to it and get treated like a nigga, fine delete innocent fun posts and tolerate constant repetitive toxic hate spam trolling, whoever mods here is a disgrace.

In other news Cryptsy amazingly sent me approx 3,000 Dash in withdrawals today Shocked

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:11:20 PM

Desperate people do/say desperate things, and there sure as shit is some desperate 'people' camping in this thread.

Kind of like this?

Sometimes it's good to just start fresh, I've made four separate discoveries so far  Grin.

How desperate do you need to be if this is the kind of post you make to try and improve morale on your shitcoin thread?

Dash Sad
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:12:48 PM

BYE.
Fatov

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

Sometimes it's good to just start fresh, I've made four separate discoveries so far  Grin.
How desperate do you need to be if this is the kind of post you make to try and improve morale on your shitcoin thread?
We prefer that is plugged in developing dash.

Trolls...

Fatov was here
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:22:27 PM

Hadn't noticed! Great work blockchain.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Fatov

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:23:28 PM

I won't bother checking in to this forum much again now, I donated $10,000 to it and get treated like a nigga, fine delete innocent fun posts and tolerate constant repetitive toxic hate spam trolling, whoever mods here is a disgrace.

In other news Cryptsy amazingly sent me approx 3,000 Dash in withdrawals today Shocked

Congrats!
I sent you a pm Sad

Fatov was here
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:27:05 PM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:27:54 PM

Okay, that is a pretty convincing argument. I still think coming here and re-posting it over and over again is stupid.

I couldn't give a fuck less if Evan was the devil, using DASH to tempt people into eternal hell fire - by doing this, you make XMR look bad.

They asked for the proof... I didn't want to post it, but they called me out on it.
So well, every time they ask for it, they'll get this reply.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:30:36 PM

My god, modnazis or what?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

QFT. Theymos and the rest of the mod team are apparently a bunch of ungrateful dicks.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:38:24 PM

DASH was clearly a planned instamine (and thus a scam)

Okay, that is a pretty convincing argument. I still think coming here and re-posting it over and over again is stupid.

Pretty convincing? How's this for pretty convincing: Evan quit his job and still works full time on Dash nearly two years later. If he's a scammer, he's got to be the lousiest one in history. He had a chance to exit his position in May 2014 for $11 per coin, and if he had somehow missed that opportunity, he had the chance to exit in March 2015 for nearly $6 per coin.

What the hell kind of moron would deliberately instamine a coin and instead of selling for millions in profit a few months later, continue working on the project for another 18 months? Nobody can answer this simple question because there is no answer. It defies all possible logic.

I couldn't give a fuck less if Evan was the devil, using DASH to tempt people into eternal hell fire - by doing this, you make XMR look bad.

I do agree with that. Nothing makes "your" coin look worse than your refusal to say your piece and leave. Continued, nonstop trolling for thousands of thread pages only damages the reputation of the coin that you supposedly love.

Dash - Digital Cash
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:42:44 PM

They asked for the proof

Not really seeing any proof. Just seeing a whole bunch of speculation.

But since you are being so helpful, maybe you could answer the question I posed a few pages back, to wit:

If Evan planned and significantly benefited from the instamine, why didn't he sell all his holdings in May 2014 for $11 per coin and then disappear, as so many crypto devs have done. Why does he continue to work full-time on the project?

Dash - Digital Cash
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:44:03 PM

Congratulations! Smiley Nice to hear it.

I have almost started "cryptsy=scam campaign" for Russians... but now... let's wait a bit.

Pages: « 1 ... 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 [5426] 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: