Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:35:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 [5478] 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722674 times)
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:37:00 PM

A big thanks to our increasingly desperate trolls for the thread bumps.

As has been pointed out correctly, Evan won the 2014 Coins Source Proof of Honour (POH) award. Here are the results:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920053.msg10107496#msg10107496

The thread on bitcointalk actually got quite a few views:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.0

For comparison, Detective arielbit's favourite thread has had less than half as many views since its inception:

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 10:40:36 PM

Anybody here to talk to?  Hey, if anyone wants to help me define legal issues Dash may face in the future, such as the validity and legality of ADVC's or taxes or anything we might face in the future?

Let's start by asking who the new Dash devs list on their taxes as their employer.

Is it Duffield?  Or THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC?

Is their employer withholding or are they contractors?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:44:49 PM

Good taste in music   
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 10:49:13 PM

"Boilerplating?"

You obviously don't know how to use that term correctly; you've used it in a place where it is completely inappropriate.

Indeed.

I suppose I have if you happen to be a grammatically myopic trainspotter that fails to notice the common theme of redundancy.

"Boilerplate" does not imply nor connote redundancy.  And sidechains are an original technology, not a redundancy.

If you were capable of reading and understanding the definitions I've already provided, you'd know that.

There is no way to make sense of your original statement calling sidechains "boilerplating" for Bitcoin.

That's just a stupid thing to say.  Whatever snipey little bitch dig you were trying to get in, you chose the wrong word to describe it.

I know you are butthurt that Bitcoin is going to scale using sidechains and payment channels, while Dash remains mired in increasingly complex Byzantine proof-of-stake schemes, but please try to use the proper terminology when Duff-splaining why Dash's lack of RBF and CLTV is a good thing.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 10:56:59 PM

Bitcoin has ReplaceByFee and CheckLockTimeVerify.

When will Dash inherit RBF and CLTV?

Never.  RBF is a total shit idea slammed into the code without thinking of the consequences or by consensus by your pimple-faced god Peter Todd and his ilk.

Oh goody.  Let the sour grape harvest festival begin!   Cheesy

Cue the Duffsplantions of why RBF is undesirable because of The Todd's complexion.

And what of CLTV?  Let me guess, payment channels are bad 'Because Acne.'

Dash is just Too Good for those icky sidechains, am I right?   As if anyone would trust Confidential Transactions!  You can't even see the amount transferred, so how do you know someone isn't cheating?

Dash takes 20+ hours to mix coins, Lightning may do it ~instantly.  I can see why you'd want to FUD such overwhelming competition.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:05:11 PM

dfaileor!? OMG brilliant!  Grin

patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:10:48 PM

For all intended purposes, Bitcoin has ALREADY lost any chance of mass adoption. And all the major banks and financial institutions are just sucking up on the blockchain technology juice.

OK grave digger, BitcoinObituaries.com is over ====> here.

And the phrase you clumsily attempted to articulate is "for all intents and purposes."

What is it with DashHoles being plagued by embarrassing semi-literacy?  I suggest you do more reading, and less scam defending.

Do you guys not have a cult library in the Evan's Gate compound?  Talk about your intrinsic porpoises!   Cheesy

GhostPlayer speaks a perfect Spanish, French, Portuguese and English. In Bitcointalk you can find many people who have English as a third or fourth language. Yes, we have lots of languages in Europe, and we travel a lot.

Remember that when trying to correct someone you fascist redneck.

Europeans are able to "travel a lot" because those awful "fascist redneck" Americans sacrificed blood and treasure to restore order after the uber-civilized multilingual locals made a gory, broken mess of the place.  Actually, that happened twice.

GhostPlayer does not speak (IE write) "perfect English."  If he did, he wouldn't mangle his (attempted) use of trite, cliched phrases like 'for all intents and purposes.'

Now, how are you going to defend GhostPlayer's authorship of yet another Bitcoin Obituary?

Oh wait, you just ignored that and picked on an irrelevant vocabulary lesson.  Wise move.   Wink

It seems your English comprehension is very poor, it was you specifically who was being called a fascist redneck.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:17:00 PM

For all intended purposes, Bitcoin has ALREADY lost any chance of mass adoption. And all the major banks and financial institutions are just sucking up on the blockchain technology juice.

OK grave digger, BitcoinObituaries.com is over ====> here.

And the phrase you clumsily attempted to articulate is "for all intents and purposes."

What is it with DashHoles being plagued by embarrassing semi-literacy?  I suggest you do more reading, and less scam defending.

Do you guys not have a cult library in the Evan's Gate compound?  Talk about your intrinsic porpoises!   Cheesy

GhostPlayer speaks a perfect Spanish, French, Portuguese and English. In Bitcointalk you can find many people who have English as a third or fourth language. Yes, we have lots of languages in Europe, and we travel a lot.

Remember that when trying to correct someone you fascist redneck.

Europeans are able to "travel a lot" because those awful "fascist redneck" Americans sacrificed blood and treasure to restore order after the uber-civilized multilingual locals made a gory, broken mess of the place.  Actually, that happened twice.

GhostPlayer does not speak (IE write) "perfect English."  If he did, he wouldn't mangle his (attempted) use of trite, cliched phrases like 'for all intents and purposes.'

Now, how are you going to defend GhostPlayer's authorship of yet another Bitcoin Obituary?

Oh wait, you just ignored that and picked on an irrelevant vocabulary lesson.  Wise move.   Wink

It seems your English comprehension is very poor, it was you specifically who was being called a fascist redneck.

It seems your English comprehension is very poor, it was GhostPlayer and Aleix specifically who are being asked "how are you going to defend authorship of yet another Bitcoin Obituary?"

It seems GP and Aliex believe Bitcoin must fail in order for Dash to succeed.

But the rest of us are sick of hearing whining, arrogant pretenders to the throne declaring Bitcoin Has Failed® over and over and over and over.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:21:08 PM

Look at these foolish Dashtard parasites trying to pump their dying scam.

Poor Dashtards... they're the laughingstock of the crypto community.

Dash Sad
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:30:06 PM

So iCEHOLE, how about a bump for your retard conference in here?

I mean clearly DASH has "collapsed" and Monero is "UP" by so much since you started that thread Cheesy

#JAIL-REKT

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:34:49 PM

my back's up tonight

I can see that. Try researching your faulty understanding of strategic technical terms and you won't have such a busy shift. In particular "technological redundancy" vs "monetary redundancy".

I know you are butthurt that Bitcoin is going to scale using sidechains and payment channels

That isn't scaling - that's scaffolding. A very different thing.

The bitcoin blockchain doesn't 'scale' because a new, proprietary infrastructure gets built to interface with the 'real world' because bitcoin couldn't. It disappears. That is a banking system. It's here already in the form of Visa and Mastercard and they can do it a lot better than the Lightning network can.

Nothing will please the banks more than having the blockchain buried behind a clearing layer that they can eventually get back in control of so that cryptocurrency becomes "just another asset" that may or may not form part of the capital base that may or may not be backing the meaningless numbers in your credit card account.

That may happen anyway but at least with a natively scaleable blockchain we don't need to pretend we're using it when we're not.

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:37:27 PM

Anybody here to talk to?  Hey, if anyone wants to help me define legal issues Dash may face in the future, such as the validity and legality of ADVC's or taxes or anything we might face in the future?  I want to start defining issues cryptocurrencies face in all the different countries and the case laws that might be relevant.  I figure some day in the near future, we will be challenged and if we are prepared, it won't cost as much to hire a lawyer Smiley  Anyway, let me know if you're interested.  It's just a side project, but also keep your eyes open to current events with Bitcoin, etc.... we should log any events and especially rulings.   Thanks Cheesy

I'll probably start a google doc or something to start the list, then we can begin to organize it/them Smiley
This link should help.  Describes where Bitcoin is legal/not legal and summarizes compliance requirements.  Pretty detailed.

http://cointelegraph.com/bitcoin-for-beginners/is-bitcoin-legal

Keep in mind bitcoin to bitcoin or Dash to Dash transactions can't really be affected - even if they tried to impose a tax.  Well, maybe with Bitcoin if they start tracking transactions and ownership.  It is just transactions involving Fiat and crypto that are subject to regulations.  That is why a decentralized exchange is key - if you only transfer from fiat to fiat and Dash to Dash never linking the fiat accounts to crypto there is nothing that would trigger an exchange event requiring regulations.  bcexchange.org could be just that thorn in the regulators side to avoid these complicated regulations.

FYI, I am not a lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so take that for what it is worth.  I'll help you out on this at least for research.  Maybe you can start a thread on Dashtalk for comments and updates.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:59:38 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 12:19:26 AM by toknormal

Why is more layers and more fees always the answer with these clowns?

Because they are programmers and nobody's telling them what to do.

They're fitting the problem to the solution and making a complete pigs ear of it. Your Euros not fungible enough ?...here have some Escudos instead but we need to confiscate your Euros in the meantime - don't worry you can get them back when your finished. Waiting to long for your transfer ?...here, I'll convert your Rubbles to Yuan which is instantateous. (Oops - you'll have to wait for them to 'cook' to the right level of security, but you can BUY some immediately in the swap market at a premium !)

Thats not a currency, thats an economy. Only worse - because they're all mechanically pegged to each other so that any volatility in one sector gets transmitted all over the place to sectors that would be otherwise stable in a genuine, economically diverse currency market.

Decentralised market logic: "Volatility is a required response to out-of-balance distribution of a market commodity/asset which forces it back into equilibrium"

Clown programmer logic: "Volatility is bad. It's caused by scam pumpers and dumpers. Solve it with programming so that the volatility gets re-distributed instead of the market commodity/asset"
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:24:30 AM

Evan Duffield and Daniel Diaz arrived in Mexico City,
LaBitConf/ Latin American Bitcoin is going live 4th + 5th ! We have a booth and presentation lined up.
News of Evolution will be revealed soon
; )
http://labitconf.com
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:37:09 AM

Anybody here to talk to?  Hey, if anyone wants to help me define legal issues Dash may face in the future, such as the validity and legality of ADVC's or taxes or anything we might face in the future?  I want to start defining issues cryptocurrencies face in all the different countries and the case laws that might be relevant.  I figure some day in the near future, we will be challenged and if we are prepared, it won't cost as much to hire a lawyer Smiley  Anyway, let me know if you're interested.  It's just a side project, but also keep your eyes open to current events with Bitcoin, etc.... we should log any events and especially rulings.   Thanks Cheesy

I'll probably start a google doc or something to start the list, then we can begin to organize it/them Smiley
This link should help.  Describes where Bitcoin is legal/not legal and summarizes compliance requirements.  Pretty detailed.

http://cointelegraph.com/bitcoin-for-beginners/is-bitcoin-legal

Keep in mind bitcoin to bitcoin or Dash to Dash transactions can't really be affected - even if they tried to impose a tax.  Well, maybe with Bitcoin if they start tracking transactions and ownership.  It is just transactions involving Fiat and crypto that are subject to regulations.  That is why a decentralized exchange is key - if you only transfer from fiat to fiat and Dash to Dash never linking the fiat accounts to crypto there is nothing that would trigger an exchange event requiring regulations.  bcexchange.org could be just that thorn in the regulators side to avoid these complicated regulations.

FYI, I am not a lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so take that for what it is worth.  I'll help you out on this at least for research.  Maybe you can start a thread on Dashtalk for comments and updates.

Thank you, a great start.  I'll do that Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:43:19 AM

Evan Duffield and Daniel Diaz arrived in Mexico City,
LaBitConf/ Latin American Bitcoin is going live 4th + 5th ! We have a booth and presentation lined up.
News of Evolution will be revealed soon
; )
http://labitconf.com

Yaaay, thanks for the report Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:54:36 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 01:17:56 AM by arielbit

A big thanks to our increasingly desperate trolls for the thread bumps.

As has been pointed out correctly, Evan won the 2014 Coins Source Proof of Honour (POH) award. Here are the results:

https://i.imgur.com/v2cviVo.png
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920053.msg10107496#msg10107496

The thread on bitcointalk actually got quite a few views:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.0

For comparison, Detective arielbit's favourite thread has had less than half as many views since its inception:

as i said in thread again and again it doesn't mean shit this POH, you've won best dress in kindergarten too? and the medal still hanging in your room?..

obama won nobel peace price and still have wars. your beloved dash is full of shady people since launch...alright?  Wink

inception you say?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.0

i've noticed that people here are starting to call dash dashcoin......I told you guys a few months back about this, you are just copycats.

so..mr patrolrat, as a newbie and not even a month since darkcoin launched your first post -> darkcoin (encouraging people to vote for darkcoin Grin  ---> did you newbie bots influenced coins source POH? ha!) ....tell us your love at first sight story with darkcoin?  
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:23:26 AM

my god...  Cheesy  Cheesy

This thread is becoming a contest for the dumbest troll of Bitcointalk.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:31:34 AM

my god...  Cheesy  Cheesy

This thread is becoming a contest for the dumbest troll of Bitcointalk.

ha! a conspiracy? is this what you have come up for the defense from the two points i raised...try harder! you might come up with something.

it is already a fact that people here in BCT can make multiple accounts...

conspiracy card --FAIL!  try again rats haha go back to the drawing board  Grin

1. some are registered very close to darkcoin launch date

2. the other point is after registering here in BCT, the first posts are already in darkcoin (and looking at the posts they aren't newbie-ish)

nice logo btw, kinda rat-ish haha

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:42:40 AM

FYI

It's Andy Warhol painted by Keith Haring. Two great american artists  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 [5478] 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: