Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 [5498] 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:08:48 PM

I love trolls, seriously. I've never hidden that fact. They're great for post count and sub-forum bumping. It one of the best marketing tools we have, as more often than not, people with sense and sensibility will see right through it, and these are the people that actually matter. Not 15 year olds.

Yes, it did certainly answer the question. Read over it again.

It isn't being implemented because there are more important things to do that to waste time coding unnecessary things. Blinding was something being asked for by some few community members. Evan was pondering developing I2P but never got to it, or changed his mind about it. So what? Where is the big deal here?

Priorities change. We have TOR in Core. Why do you care to pick on such an insignificant thing and blow it out of proportion like some grand earth shattering thing?

It's something a few pro-darknet guys, law-enforcement-worried guys lobbied for, some worried about concerted DDOS attacks ... and Evan said, "sure, I could do that" - But since then it became totally de-prioritized.

Deal with it. though you're perfectly welcomed to use the TOR integration within the code.

I know you answered for interested and sane people but I am drklvr and ask again: But why? you didn't answer my question

edit: man, this is ridiculous. Time to ignore it and not click on that damn 'show' when I'm bored  Cheesy

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:11:03 PM

Great work Dash team, amazing how this coin keeps delivering new things all the time.

Haters gonna hate since they have a dead ANN thread with nothing new coming out from their low grade developers
"cry*p*to about it into forum type of developers". Go create a new website since that's all u've been doing since copying of Bytecoin 2 years ago!

#Fluffypony #Monero #lowgradedevelopers #Smooth #Rpietilla #GUIWALLET #Bytecoin  

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:19:49 PM

Great work Dash team, amazing how this coin keeps delivering new things all the time.

Haters gonna hate since they have a dead ANN thread with nothing new coming out from their low grade developers
"cry*p*to about it into forum type of developers". Go create a new website since that's all u've been doing since copying of Bytecoin 2 years ago!

#Fluffypony #Monero #lowgradedevelopers #Smooth #Rpietilla #GUIWALLET #Bytecoin  

Hey. They just wanted to reinvent the wheel.
They don't understand a network effect and that exploring ideas and what you can do with bitcoin protocol would be a better choice.
Lesson not yet learned. They don't move anywhere.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:33:11 PM

Is there a (properly moderated) technical discussion forum where we can contribute opinions on the new roadmap stuff ?

Don't know if anyone answered, but right now they're talking here: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-evolution-discussion-thread.7231/#post-75841

But I'm pretty sure there will eventually be, possibly, a few threads that will focus on specific areas.  I definitely would like to see you in the discussions (I don't remember if I've seen you at Dashtalk.org yet?)  If not, it may be time to make an account Cheesy  We need you!  Sometimes when I try to understand the hints given, I worry if it passes the Toknormal test Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:10:48 PM

Uh huh, keep trying to spin your massive disappointment Cheesy

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you?

Yeah so disappointing to hear all this DASH news. Such a terrible shame to see all these whitepapers and devs hard at work. So depressing to see my masternodes making coins every day.

Meanwhile, what joy to listen to Adam White's incisive commentary. The boy is a legend. Go Adam. Go XMR!

Where do people get the idea that things are being "pushed back a year"?  Evolution will roll out in stages.  I don't know what stage was a year from now, but the DAPI should be in place for testnet by the Miami conference.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:17:14 PM

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you?

Yeah so disappointing to hear all this DASH news. Such a terrible shame to see all these whitepapers and devs hard at work. So depressing to see my masternodes making coins every day.

Meanwhile, what joy to listen to Adam White's incisive commentary. The boy is a legend. Go Adam. Go XMR!

Where do people get the idea that things are being "pushed back a year"?  Evolution will roll out in stages.  I don't know what stage was a year from now, but the DAPI should be in place for testnet by the Miami conference.

Adam will jump on any old thing he can find to discredit DASH, no matter how incredulous or ridiculous.

His MO is so painfully, transparently obvious that he is now the number one laughing stock of this thread (closely followed by LiceShaker).

I'm sorry, I'm so far behind, and I keep forgetting!  I have to resist posting before I've read everything better Tongue

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Keep in mind, we're going to start revising the design tomorrow to try and figure out the best possible design to create. I think I've found a way to simplify this project by about 75%, which means we can have something much sooner. I'll start working on a proposal.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 07:17:50 PM

Yes, this correct. It would be ludicrous to go to the North American Bitcoin Conference two months after the unveiling empty-handed. Trolls just like to over-dramaticize everything.

The papers and what's being planned temporarily made me speechless (and for me that's saying a lot).  Grin

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:24:26 PM

Adam will jump on any old thing he can find to discredit DASH, no matter how incredulous or ridiculous.

His MO is so painfully, transparently obvious that he is now the number one laughing stock of this thread (closely followed by LiceShaker).

Meanwhile, still no one knows what happened to masternode blinding  Cheesy

You will post all manner of insults and accusations, but still nothing about the supposedly working Masternode blinding. Seems like a pretty simple question to answer

Not eduffield/reaktion, not GhostPlayer.. no one knows

Instead, DASH is stuck with 20+ hours of mixing for the next 5 years to send a simple anon tx  Cheesy

Dash Sad

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

bitcoin_girl1

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:29:19 PM

Is DASH more anonymous than bytecoin or other cryptonote coins?
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:35:06 PM

define 'more anonymous'

sounds like a pretty simple question Evan. you're only trying to complicate matters since the answer is 'No.'

Dash Sad

eduffield/reaktion Sad

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:51:04 PM

Dash takes more effort.  You have to choose to be anonymous, by mixing.  Mixing takes time but it's done while your wallet is idle (just leave it on to mix when you're not using it)  If you do at least 3 rounds of mixing, you'll be unbreakable.  But nothing is 100%.  They've done calculations on how hard it would be to break the anonymity by having malicious Masternodes, and to have any chance at breaking an 8 round mixed amount, with 90% control of all masternodes, they would still only have less that 1% chance of deanonymizing an amount.

Still, Dash does the job, without bloating the blockchain and offers so much more than privacy now.  If you need to really hide information, I suggest using several coins.  But if you want to store your wealth, honestly, I would stay away from anything that smells of trolling and scamming.  If you honestly think Dash smells of those two things, I would suggest you not trust your senses and stay away from crypto all together (or stick with Bitcoin, as that's pretty safe).

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 07:52:18 PM

Chris is popular on Twitter, and today he indicated his interest in the Dash project, specifically a DashPi Project.

Good luck to Chris, and let's welcome him to Dash!

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/673586490371371008

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:16:07 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 09:41:08 PM by smoothie

DASH mixing takes a very long time Sad

Months before, Evan had made a big deal out of Masternode blinding

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

Wow so if we use the reduction of 80% then it originally took 100 hours to mix dash using dark send?

Either that or Evan spoke too soon because his behind the scenes developer wasnt done yet or...

Evan straight up lied.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:28:02 PM

define 'more anonymous'

sounds like a pretty simple question Evan. you're only trying to complicate matters since the answer is 'No.'

Dash Sad

eduffield/reaktion Sad

The complexity of a question is subjective. Adam here has interpreted a reasonably complex question to be simple, due to his own simplicity, rather than that of the subject matter.

OK Evan. Thanks for confirming Bytecoin/CryptoNote is more anonymous than DASH. it's also instant anonymity and privacy instead of waiting 20+ hours to mix your coins with DASH
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:31:05 PM

Wow so if we use the reduction of 80% then it originally took 100 hours to mix dash using dark send?

Either that or Evan spoke too soon because he behind the scenes developer wasnt done yet or...

Evan straight up lied.

Keep grabbing straws smoothie. Then you can serve smoothies to all your shit-drinking buddies.

Oh hai newbie account whose first post was in DARKCOIN thread....

Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:46:48 PM

I'd just like to point out to the trolls that Darksend Mixing is a passive process. To be fair, it is necessary to press the "Start Darksend Mixing" button and to enter your password if you have one, but after that it isn't necessary to participate actively in the mixing process - you can get straight back to trolling while the mixing takes place, if you think that is a productive way to spend your time.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:09:22 PM

I'd just like to point out to the trolls that Darksend Mixing is a passive process. To be fair, it is necessary to press the "Start Darksend Mixing" button and to enter your password if you have one, but after that it isn't necessary to participate actively in the mixing process - you can get straight back to trolling while the mixing takes place, if you think that is a productive way to spend your time.

Also, when you unlock your wallet for mixing, you can check the box "for mixing only" so that the wallet stays semi-locked.  Only unlocked for mixing.

Anyway, for the future, Evolution will also be instantaneously anonymous. And no, it won't be a cryptonote implementation.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:10:32 PM

This was conveniently left out from the published papers I suppose:

Mixing still relies on liquidity providers, which just shows how broken the system is. Even joinmarket works better. Unless DASH will implement a joinmarket-like system of course. But why use DASH then  Huh
Joinmarket will give you better privacy than an illiquid DASH mixing system.

This is a leak from the "rough copy" Wolf talked about earlier. A lot of people had access to it before this official release:

So that would imply that mixing requires someone else who is centralized. Wow that's pretty bad.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:12:19 PM

I discovered bip32 ( https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#master-key-generation )  and pycoin ( https://github.com/richardkiss/pycoin ) from richard Kiss' blog ( http://blog.richardkiss.com/?p=313 ) and wrote this intro walkthrough for curious/intermediate-advanced users: http://en.wiki.dashninja.pl/wiki/DIY_Deterministic_Addresses

I secure most of my coins using this method. And, if you learn how the chains/seeds work, a lot more options for securely managing coins open up.

For instance, each masternode.me masternode has a payment address deterministically derived (after some math) from the submitted masternode address. But, because only the public bip32 seed lives on the server I don't need to be concerned about the funds if the server is compromised. Managing the service funds now only requires the masternode's address and my secret passphrase. One more thing I don't have to keep track of. Smiley

Cheers, much clearer than trying to make sense of bip32 Smiley

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:13:22 PM

"Dash - if you want really good privacy" - Erik Voorhees

Pages: « 1 ... 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 [5498] 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: