Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:31:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 [5500] 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722629 times)
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:43:46 PM

Evan has always been pretty clear that things take time and has had no problem reverting dates/timelines as the project expands. In a world where people are obsessed with everything happening *now*, because they are too used to making a quick buck or hoping for black swan events to push BTC up, this is a relatively sane approach. Bitcoin too, what, 15 years of cypherpunk culture to come together and ya'll want any innovation this second? Why not ignore DASH and just get into whatever cryptocoin still pulls in a fast buck these days (assuming there are even any). The confidence in Evan is expressed in its marketcap. You don't need to reveal the flaws. People can do it themselves and move on if they think he is not up to the task. It's really simple.

I understand things take time in the development world of software. But that doesn't remove the question of why did Evan make it appear that masternode blinding was "fast" and "working" only to delay it because "MOBILE WALLETS" then to never talk about it again as seen in the quotes below:

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

It could be anything, boredom, a shift in interests, and whatnot. The only thing that matters is whether he delivers in the end. If you invested on the back of darksend and now think it will not happen sell. He's not a CEO.

[Also hello from Litecoin land. I love your coins].
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:45:02 PM

Uh huh, keep trying to spin your massive disappointment Cheesy

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you?

Yeah so disappointing to hear all this DASH news. Such a terrible shame to see all these whitepapers and devs hard at work. So depressing to see my masternodes making coins every day.

Meanwhile, what joy to listen to Adam White's incisive commentary. The boy is a legend. Go Adam. Go XMR!

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Keep in mind, we're going to start revising the design tomorrow to try and figure out the best possible design to create. I think I've found a way to simplify this project by about 75%, which means we can have something much sooner. I'll start working on a proposal.
Wow, already improving on Evolution.  Fantastic news.

I don't know how you stayed so calm during your talk.  I wouldn't be able to stop preaching and bragging about Dash this and that.  Nice job.
Solarminer

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:53:20 PM

Anyone interested in getting an email when a new budget proposal is released?  I created a notifier to run on your masternode server (or anything with a dashd running)

https://dashtalk.org/threads/december-2015-budget-proposal.7210/page-3

Moocowmoo and dashwhale are welcome to use my code for their products!   Smiley

You need to filter out the a few of the fields or you're going to get spammed to death.

Quick and dirty, change your mnbudget show to something like:

Code:
dash-cli mnbudget show | grep Name | sort

to only extract the unique names for comparison.
Thanks for reviewing.

It only sends an email when the mnbudget show output is different than it was 1 hour before.  So this would only happen if a proposal was added, removed, or changed.  And then only the change is emailed - not the entire proposal list. 

I suppose the formatting could be cleaned up a bit, but the data that gets emailed is mostly relevant.  Looks like this.
< {
<     "electrum-pt-2" : {
<         "Name" : "electrum-pt-2",
<         "URL" : "https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/",
<         "Hash" : "244bd3d4a71fa44d76d1299d6d9c45512cd9807f5a1387ca77f13025bf2a8dd6",
<         "FeeHash" : "1c249a6c3b19f86b6b5f2b389da2f00b715e626c63bb3e200026683167cc187e",
<         "BlockStart" : 348936,
<         "BlockEnd" : 373860,
<         "TotalPaymentCount" : 1,
<         "RemainingPaymentCount" : 1,
<         "PaymentAddress" : "XmxCEosWmtgDLS4BpAS8MnwYSEnsyMLbRF",
<         "Ratio" : 0.99832776,
<         "Yeas" : 1132,
<         "Nays" : 2,
<         "Abstains" : 0,
<         "TotalPayment" : 308.65000000,
<         "MonthlyPayment" : 308.65000000,
<         "IsEstablished" : true,
<         "IsValid" : true,
<         "IsValidReason" : "",
<         "fValid" : true
<     },
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:55:20 PM

Jesus, is it me, or has the last 48 hours seen the trolls literally foaming at the mouth as they desperately snatch out every little incident (that has already been thrashed to death multiple times). It really is very, very sad behaviour.

Combine that with the fact that there are postings that are being deleted... it makes for a very frustrating thread. The deleted postings do not seem to be the troll postings...

It is almost like the moderators and the trollsters are colluding.

Why can we not get some decent moderation?!?

Looks like it's improving as a fair number of the spammers posts have been deleted, certainly worth reporting them and it's a way better option than engaging with them. If Dash supporters where spamming Bitcoin threads with endless FUD we wouldn't get away with it for long and it should be no different for some low ranking alt that wants the popularity of Dash without the innovation.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:57:58 PM

Is DASH more anonymous than bytecoin or other cryptonote coins?

Can girl1 be "more pregnant" than girl2?  It's a question of methodology, not degree.

yes. if girl1 has quadruplets.....just like dash here, so many puppet accounts, all first posts are darkcoin, shady as hell like macrofake  Grin
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:06:01 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 11:25:33 PM by arielbit

none of your business..clit fuck shit scum #*@!

typical shady ass person reply  Grin...KA CHING or let me say CAUGHT CHING!

backstabbing puddle of scum.

MacroEvan backstabbed Dashcoin BTW https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0 ....the irony LOL

Wait wait wait...so there was another coin named "Dashcoin" long before Dash came along?

I haven't looked into it. Can you TL;DR it for me? Thanks

the backstabbing evan started here (thanks macrofake for the word  Grin) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.1320

apparently backstabbing evan forgot that dashcoin crypto currency is decentralized..

the backstabber evan made a shady deal to remove dashcoin dev to kill dashcoin so darkcoin can have its name now.
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 11:11:45 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 12:13:01 AM by moocowmoo

It only sends an email when the mnbudget show output is different than it was 1 hour before.

You need to account for the changing vote counts. (and any other values that might change (ratio? payment count after the cycle?, etc.))

stick with the non-uniq'd name list.  I'm hacking something quick and will post it in a few.

Here's a variant to try. Just replace the echo at the bottom (leave the quotes!) with your ssmtp command

Code:
#!/bin/bash

BUDGET_NAMES=$(dash-cli mnbudget show | grep Name | awk '{print $3}' | sed -e 's/[",]//g' | sort)

echo "$BUDGET_NAMES" > /tmp/current_budgets
if [ -e /tmp/previous_budgets ]; then
    NEW_BUDGETS=$(diff /tmp/current_budgets /tmp/previous_budgets | grep '^<' | awk '{print $2}')
    email_body=''
    for new_budget in $NEW_BUDGETS; do
        nbi=$(dash-cli mnbudget getinfo $new_budget)
        email_body=$email_body$(echo -e "\n$nbi")
    done
fi
if [ ! -z "$email_body" ]; then
    echo "$email_body"
fi
mv /tmp/current_budgets /tmp/previous_budgets

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:16:04 PM

Jesus, is it me, or has the last 48 hours seen the trolls literally foaming at the mouth as they desperately snatch out every little incident (that has already been thrashed to death multiple times). It really is very, very sad behaviour.

Eheh they think bitcointalk is still relevant somehow... how cute  Kiss

https://i.imgur.com/Dk80n4C.png
https://i.imgur.com/ZOEBWHU.png

Trolling is always relevant.

It's very impressive though how much traffic this inbred community can generate.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:20:11 PM

Evan has always been pretty clear that things take time and has had no problem reverting dates/timelines as the project expands. In a world where people are obsessed with everything happening *now*, because they are too used to making a quick buck or hoping for black swan events to push BTC up, this is a relatively sane approach. Bitcoin too, what, 15 years of cypherpunk culture to come together and ya'll want any innovation this second? Why not ignore DASH and just get into whatever cryptocoin still pulls in a fast buck these days (assuming there are even any). The confidence in Evan is expressed in its marketcap. You don't need to reveal the flaws. People can do it themselves and move on if they think he is not up to the task. It's really simple.

I understand things take time in the development world of software. But that doesn't remove the question of why did Evan make it appear that masternode blinding was "fast" and "working" only to delay it because "MOBILE WALLETS" then to never talk about it again as seen in the quotes below:

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

It could be anything, boredom, a shift in interests, and whatnot. The only thing that matters is whether he delivers in the end. If you invested on the back of darksend and now think it will not happen sell. He's not a CEO.

[Also hello from Litecoin land. I love your coins].

It seems to be the pattern. Jump on the latest BUZZWORD and make it priority #1 then when that dies down find out current buzzword and repeat.

He is not a CEO but he does operate much like a politician.

[Thanks and Hello  Smiley]

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:40:12 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 12:04:41 AM by tungfa

Dash (Evan Duffield) at LaBitConf (Mexico City) Dec 2015
(Edited Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWjAGfegIQ&feature=youtu.be

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:20:18 AM

(Edited Video)

thanks, that is just what i was looking for. lots of new info, i'll need to watch it 2-3 times just to take it all in and understand the vast implications and implementations.

thanks for posting, good stuff. i just read about an hours worth and i'm taking a break before going back for more.
anyone have a youtube clip of just evans talk from the conference. i tried the link to the full conference but it's not working for me.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:38:06 AM

And also how it takes 20hours to mix using dark send?
you don't even have a clue how it works.
Has it sent yet

mine mixed 76% @ 4 rounds in a couple of hours. you don't have to wait for it to get to 100%. i fell asleep and when i woke up 96% was mixed and almost all my complete balance was available to be darksent instantly with instanTX.
you only have to mix one time and then it's always ready.

Grin

Any alt coin (DASH) that needs to setup a booth at a conference to promote itself is a red flag.

You guys remember all of those litecoin booths at previous conferences??

Oh wait...
There were none.
Nice Booth!

Ignorant hypocrite trolls get #R3KT on a daily around here.
Has it sent yet

15 16 17
You better dump your monero bags for DASH before it's too late bro Kiss

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:50:20 AM

hey shady MasterMined710...i got my eyes on you  Grin

after first posts goes straight to darkcoin...what's your love at first sight story with darkcoin?
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:51:54 AM

I'd just like to point out to the trolls that Darksend Mixing is a passive process. To be fair, it is necessary to press the "Start Darksend Mixing" button and to enter your password if you have one, but after that it isn't necessary to participate actively in the mixing process - you can get straight back to trolling while the mixing takes place, if you think that is a productive way to spend your time.

depends of how you define passive...
You still need to have others on the network who are willing to mix with you (hence the liquidity providers).
This mixing can't be done offline for example. You need to have an active wallet connected to the network.

edit: what if I told you there are coins out there that have a feature you could define with the buzz word "InstantMixSend" :
You instantly mix when you broadcast the transaction. No need for a "dark liquidity pool" in your wallet.

To the individual who is in no hurry, mixing is passive. If there were not enough parties for the mixing to take place, it might be possible to take a more hands-on approach using 2 clients from separate IP addresses in order to speed up the process and practically guarantee that the mixing cannot be deanonymized, due to the fact that for many (or even all) of the rounds of Darksend mixing the user made up for 2 of the 3 clients being used in the mixing process.

I know that Dash hasn't reached the definitive solution in terms of anonymizing funds but I think that for most people it's more than adequate at this stage. I couldn't give two hoots about buzzwords or marketingspeak, I don't even particularly like the name "Darksend". Regardless, I don't think a privacy-oriented cryptocurrency with on-chain anonymization is the best answer either, it doesn't seem future proof to me at all. Even if I did think it were the best solution, I wouldn't know which CryptoNote coin to go for. The original, Bytecoin, is out of the equation for the massive hidden premine, and then there are the clones. It would take a hell of a lot of convincing to get me to buy any Monero again (I have held some at times in the past) due to the relentless smear campaign in this thread by what would appear to be an organized group or groups. I'm sure there are also posts from individuals with criticisms who not affiliated with any group, but there is no doubt in my mind that there is an organized campaign against Dash from an unscrupulous group of individuals somehow related to Monero. If I ever change my mind about on-chain anonymization, I will be sure to have a good look at the other Bytecoin clones first.

Dash for me is not just about privacy - although it did start off that way - but also about the solutions that it has brought to some of the problems Bitcoin faces. Fungibility, incentivised nodes, instant transactions and decentralized voting to me are all improvements to what is available in Bitcoin right now, whether their implementation in Dash is the best possible implementation or not. I see a lot of potential in the 2 tier system and I'm excited what Dash Evolution could offer in the future but I also think in terms of what is offered right now in the altcoin world, Dash is tough to beat.

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 01:05:32 AM

I'd just like to point out to the trolls that Darksend Mixing is a passive process. To be fair, it is necessary to press the "Start Darksend Mixing" button and to enter your password if you have one, but after that it isn't necessary to participate actively in the mixing process - you can get straight back to trolling while the mixing takes place, if you think that is a productive way to spend your time.

depends of how you define passive...
You still need to have others on the network who are willing to mix with you (hence the liquidity providers).
This mixing can't be done offline for example. You need to have an active wallet connected to the network.

edit: what if I told you there are coins out there that have a feature you could define with the buzz word "InstantMixSend" :
You instantly mix when you broadcast the transaction. No need for a "dark liquidity pool" in your wallet.

To the individual who is in no hurry, mixing is passive. If there were not enough parties for the mixing to take place, it might be possible to take a more hands-on approach using 2 clients from separate IP addresses in order to speed up the process and practically guarantee that the mixing cannot be deanonymized, due to the fact that for many (or even all) of the rounds of Darksend mixing the user made up for 2 of the 3 clients being used in the mixing process.

I know that Dash hasn't reached the definitive solution in terms of anonymizing funds but I think that for most people it's more than adequate at this stage. I couldn't give two hoots about buzzwords or marketingspeak, I don't even particularly like the name "Darksend". Regardless, I don't think a privacy-oriented cryptocurrency with on-chain anonymization is the best answer either, it doesn't seem future proof to me at all. Even if I did think it were the best solution, I wouldn't know which CryptoNote coin to go for. The original, Bytecoin, is out of the equation for the massive hidden premine, and then there are the clones. It would take a hell of a lot of convincing to get me to buy any Monero again (I have held some at times in the past) due to the relentless smear campaign in this thread by what would appear to be an organized group or groups. I'm sure there are also posts from individuals with criticisms who not affiliated with any group, but there is no doubt in my mind that there is an organized campaign against Dash from an unscrupulous group of individuals somehow related to Monero. If I ever change my mind about on-chain anonymization, I will be sure to have a good look at the other Bytecoin clones first.

Dash for me is not just about privacy - although it did start off that way - but also about the solutions that it has brought to some of the problems Bitcoin faces. Fungibility, incentivised nodes, instant transactions and decentralized voting to me are all improvements to what is available in Bitcoin right now, whether their implementation in Dash is the best possible implementation or not. I see a lot of potential in the 2 tier system and I'm excited what Dash Evolution could offer in the future but I also think in terms of what is offered right now in the altcoin world, Dash is tough to beat.

And the trollero's know that...it is why they are here, its that simple!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:01:38 AM

more excuses why things never get done.
lol, you guys can't even throw together an official GUI wallet and you're here trolling revolutionary DASH tech.  Roll Eyes

(Edited Video)

raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:31:00 AM

(Edited Video)

WoW That's great~!

THX for the edition about small sound effect.

Dash Evolution~!!!

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:12:06 AM

Eheh they think bitcointalk is still relevant somehow... how cute  Kiss

Some site traffic stats...

Hmm I wasn't talking about site stats you know... (hint: that place where investors live and real work gets done Wink )

patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:16:08 AM

The masternode count is on the rise again, it looks like we might see a new record this week! Are we going to need a bigger chart soon?

Solarminer

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:23:10 AM

I kept thinking Evan was showing everyone the future.  It seemed that there was a line that if he said too much they wouldn't understand or believe it. 
It also looked like he had to be a lot more politically correct there.  Almost apologetic that he made another coin.  Undoubtedly, the atmosphere is still volatile toward dissidence with some people there. 

Maybe it's time to hold small Dash meetups now?  Not quite convention, but more like Bitcoin Wednesday?
This was a difficult presentation to do.   Be nice to Bitcoin, realize most of the people have English as a second language, and you have 30 minutes to share with 3 others - but don't go warp speed or act with an ego..... and running an hour+ late.  That's the real world.....

I think we would be better off if Dash can do more presentations at the next conference.  Split it into a few presentations with different speakers at different times talking about different aspects:   Dash specific(Evan), Distributed Governance + Autonomous Organizations(Dash Foundation), decentralized exchanges, and 2nd tier networks and security.  Have BolehVPN be the submitter of the talk for 2nd Tier Networks and security and work both angles on the talk.

They spent what an hour talking about a bitcoin charity.  That concept is easily understood in 2 minutes.   Frankly, it might be worth it to just buy the watch for 5 Bitcoins to end the auction early and talk about Dash for an extra 30 minutes.  Of course, that might not come across the right way.  We just need something of value to show to get time to talk.  Maybe how to setup a masternode, use a wallet, who knows.  It doesn't necessary need to be Dash specific.  But anything crypto will naturally showcase a Dash feature or two.
The presentation was one thing.
But also what was really important and worked pretty well, was all the discutions with all people presents at the event, and all the contact that was made during the full 2 days and nights.
That is encouraging.

I was just looking at the chart on page 25 of the Dashpaper comparing Dash to Bitcoin, Ripple, etc.  It would be interesting to see how many different companies are required to interact with Bitcoin to offer a similar level of service as proposed with Dash Evolution.
Pages: « 1 ... 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 [5500] 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: