Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:07:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 [5580] 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:42:50 PM

I want to...tell a story of a couple of nights ago.  My hubby and kids were in Texas visiting family, and my sister came over.  We sat at the fireplace sipping wine and enjoying each other's company in a quiet way that almost never happens.  And she, who is completely skeptical, started asking questions about Dash.  But what about this?  How can you do that?  etc.... and by the end, when she went back home, she'd learned a lot more about Dash and crypto currency than I've ever been able to explain before.  It was very nice.  She's far from being converted but on the other hand, she's starting to mull it over.  Very exciting for me Cheesy  If she ever converts, LOL, then the rest of the world would be a slam dunk!

Good story.  It is really difficult to explain Dash when you first have to explain the banking system.  Why is Dash worth anything?  Why is fiat worth anything?  Store of value is a tough sell.  Really, we should make Dash so easy to use it doesn't matter what the stuff behind the curtain is.  It just works.

When we have vending machines that take Dash (why would you carry change around) and department stores with quick Dash pay (pay through wifi - no register) All the adoption stuff will be easy.  The merchant side is what is going to make the difference.  Removing 100sq ft of registers, reducing wait time for customers, etc.  A lot can be improved with the buying experience both for merchant and for user.  Merchant adoption will lead to user adoption.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:46:24 PM

I guess I can remove them from my Authy app.  Just taking up space now. RIP.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:15:52 PM

I want to...tell a story of a couple of nights ago.  My hubby and kids were in Texas visiting family, and my sister came over.  We sat at the fireplace sipping wine and enjoying each other's company in a quiet way that almost never happens.  And she, who is completely skeptical, started asking questions about Dash.  But what about this?  How can you do that?  etc.... and by the end, when she went back home, she'd learned a lot more about Dash and crypto currency than I've ever been able to explain before.  It was very nice.  She's far from being converted but on the other hand, she's starting to mull it over.  Very exciting for me Cheesy  If she ever converts, LOL, then the rest of the world would be a slam dunk!

Good story.  It is really difficult to explain Dash when you first have to explain the banking system.  Why is Dash worth anything?  Why is fiat worth anything?  Store of value is a tough sell.  Really, we should make Dash so easy to use it doesn't matter what the stuff behind the curtain is.  It just works.

When we have vending machines that take Dash (why would you carry change around) and department stores with quick Dash pay (pay through wifi - no register) All the adoption stuff will be easy.  The merchant side is what is going to make the difference.  Removing 100sq ft of registers, reducing wait time for customers, etc.  A lot can be improved with the buying experience both for merchant and for user.  Merchant adoption will lead to user adoption.

Was it you that came up with the idea, or probably several people?, that we could just go into a grocery store, and scan items as we put them in our basket and walk right out?  That would be very cool, no?!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:20:53 PM

Anyone know what this is?  http://www.dash-wallet.com/  Is it a scam?  It sure looks like one!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Solarminer

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:29:20 PM

Was it you that came up with the idea, or probably several people?, that we could just go into a grocery store, and scan items as we put them in our basket and walk right out?  That would be very cool, no?!
Yep.  Scanner in the cart, double check with a scale in the cart.  Checkout by scanning with phone.  Done deal.  It will need to start with a 10 item or less thing with a checker with tablet at the door, but the speed is what will convince people.  No one will care how Dash works, just that it is faster.
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:30:25 PM

Anyone know what this is?  http://www.dash-wallet.com/  Is it a scam?  It sure looks like one!

Even if it wasn't a scam, the login and signup page aren't even HTTPS. Very sketchy.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:39:36 PM

Anyone know what this is?  http://www.dash-wallet.com/  Is it a scam?  It sure looks like one!
They did register their domain until 2017, don't know why they would do more than a year if they were making a scam site.

I like this little ditty.  Makes me feel so secure to give them money with incorrect statements. 
Payments are received almost instantly by the other party thanks to faster block times.
faster blocktimes = instant.  Nope.  Try locking transactions.

This does bring up an idea for an alternative to a mobile wallet for iphone/windows phones ....
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:51:36 PM

Anyone know what this is?  http://www.dash-wallet.com/  Is it a scam?  It sure looks like one!

Even if it wasn't a scam, the login and signup page aren't even HTTPS. Very sketchy.

Nah, it's a scam, on the list at DashTalk.  I've asked Evan to update our front page, but frankly, I feel guilty because he is so dang busy right now Sad

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 12:18:24 AM

actually just objectively reporting on the features of DASH without using a single hype-word

and why do you need to create a sock puppet account just to hype dash?

And what's it to you, ding-dong?

I enjoy jacking off to myself

I am aware of your autoerotic "investigation". I just couldn't bring myself do give a flying fuck about it due to the humongous amount of ridiculousness it provides. Whatever you think you're achieving with it, backstabbing loser, you're not.

Dash is winning and there's nothing you can do about it, backstabber:

Please stay on topic.  Your flame baiting is not relevant to the OP.

I suggest you fire up Photoshop and contribute to the community's mighty effort to design its potentially game-changing Dash-branded Nutrimatic Drinks Dispenser.

last one

This is very good!  Just a little more polishing and it's time to deploy them to the four corners of the world!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:24:32 AM

I saw that being worked on already.  Some grocery store documentary about efficiency and the modern markets.  The carts are semi smart and items are scanned/recorded as you leave.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:27:06 AM

Yep.  Scanner in the cart, double check with a scale in the cart.  Checkout by scanning with phone.  Done deal.  It will need to start with a 10 item or less thing with a checker with tablet at the door, but the speed is what will convince people.  No one will care how Dash works, just that it is faster.

scan your phone at entrance, pick things and just go out.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 12:39:51 AM

This outcome has been obvious for more than a year and a half:

Cryptsy!!
USD Trading Starting Soon
USD Trading will start on July 1st in many locations around the world. If you haven't already, then now would be a good time to get your account verified.

and this one we are all interested in..
Market: DRK/USD
Ugg... personally, I avoid Crapsty like the plague!
Because it is a plague. I wouldn't put my bullshit guvpaper in their hands, and I sure as hell won't put real money like DRK or BTC in their hands.

Craptsy == MtGox 2.0

It's unforgivable that so many in the Dash community defended Cryptsy for so long, simply because it was the exchange with the most Dash volume.

How many people lost coins there, as the dozens of red flags were ignored or attacked as FUD?

Shame on all of the Cryptsy defenders around here.  You know who you are.   Angry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:07:06 AM

Invite them too to signup at bitcointalk and we will sip some instamine-x

@ icebreaker

not only these dash shills endorsed cryptsy back then, they mud sling poloniex too because XMR is the no. 1 coin with the highest volume there.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:09:54 AM

Reddit Tipping Bot
https://dashtalk.org/threads/reddit-dashtipbot-brought-to-you-by-flare.7564/
now on
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:12:15 AM

Anybody know if when you open the dash.conf file from the wallet to edit, if it's automatically loaded or if you still have to restart the wallet?  Thanks Smiley

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:15:44 AM

Ah what gems of wisdom I most likely do miss Cry

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:26:48 AM

Very cool!

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:33:47 AM

flare is  Wink
Solarminer

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:43:49 AM

What do you want in the InstantX Vending Machine at the Miami show?

Send 0.001 Dash to the address below for your vote. (No need to IX and pay the .01 fee)
Suggestion is for everyone to put in 3 votes (only 1 cent total) but we do not oppose extra donations.

Coke: XcoKEbG1jeHKitW4HAnrNKgrofWQe9x26a
Cherry Coke: XcCoKeARJarL8VPRrwmnvNeF1nWxWBCoKK
Dr Pepper: XdrPEPRnsDXSMxWdXs3oK7PAC8Mj5HtXwg
Pepsi: XpEPSiWWjQjKZ3kGaMxjE7uc3BJDH26UMk
7up: XsEvuPpw6o4JiRApE3THBEcuCqjqES2Aho
Sprite: XsPrite2xPLbYGnLarcRa75FC3pYrKZrwQ
Mt Dew: XmTdEW1HAaWqDdoWHpo9tyehgmHt3AcF5y
MelloYello: XmYELq3ozZism9DgzHP3kNoyjtFjT7hqXX
Diet Cola: XdiEtmWyuEAaEKaD9wtfwvfPidLmQrTkh1
Rootbeer: Xroot4dLh7s8UeGsXjpLVd5K7WZU8GD7Qj
Mineral Water: XminwjYtcBwEGTohxZKLZkyooRyEWuQKPQ

Voting for the soda (or pop) in the InstantX vending machine starts now.

Thanks for voting.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 03:57:14 AM

not only these dash shills endorsed cryptsy back then, they mud sling poloniex too because XMR is the no. 1 coin with the highest volume there.

Yes they did.  And now their scam doesn't really trade anywhere but Poloniex.

I love the irony!   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 [5580] 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: