Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:43:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 [5733] 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:05:12 PM

So has the masternode binding been taken down?

You mean "blinding" ? I believe so, some time ago.

Yeah sorry I meant that.
So basically the entire network is vulnerable to a massive ddos attack, isn't it? If so, how can DASH be an alternative to the known payment processors if it can be taken down anytime? I am just wondering.
As far as I know it has been a huge problem for the BTC network.

No no, blinding will still happen.  With Evolution, MN blinding is automatic.  Masternodes never see where the mixing comes from because requests go though the DAPI.  The original plan for blinding was different and when Evan realized he was going to make a DAPI, he abandoned the original plan because that would have just taken time away from the team to get the DAPI finished.  In the mean time, the chances of 8 rounds of mixing having collusion between Masternodes is astronomical.  So it already works; it's just a bit slow (though not so bad since we've had liquidity providers)  A few hours to no more than half a day depending on amount.  

Oh wait, you're using the word "blinding" differently.  You mean, to hide the ip addresses of the MNs?  I think you got very valid answer above Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:14:00 PM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

10 months to break even at 6000 difficulty $.10 power
25+ to break even at 12k diff and $.10 power.
(according to Coin Warz calculator)

Roll Eyes

I'm sure your numbers are right. But I think you are assuming there will be no virtuous cycle provided by a more secure blockchain. A Chinese company committed time and people and money to design, tapeout, manufacture, characterize, and bring into production an IC that is dedicated to mining X11 secured blockchains. This is capital intensive work. This is not rolleyes. This is a vote of confidence in the future of DASH.

I agree, and it was always assumed this would come one day.  The best thing is, though, that miners won't be making any decisions on which transactions are valid when Evolution launches.  This will be done by Masternode Quorums, thus no fear of 50% attacks.  Or any such attacks from miners anymore.  And just note, there have never been miners who have attempted such an attack on Bitcoin, though there have been opportunities.  So I'm not sure how much a danger that poses.  Still, this vulnerability will be no more in Evolution.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 12:28:25 AM

Guys,
Let me share Dash 2016 Roadmap announcement: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-2016-roadmap.8068/
Best Regards!

Thanks Kot!  This is great.  I was just discussing this the other day and am glad this is available.  Cheers!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:02:53 AM

Juan Galt on 'The Crypto Show'
talking about Dash

(segment starts at 23:10)
https://soundcloud.com/heryptohow/roger-ver-vs-joby-weeks-sasha-daygame-juan-galt-jeff-berwick

fastlan

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:33:00 AM

hopefully we can see a price increase in the near future
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:47:26 AM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

Roll Eyes

I'm sure your numbers are right. But I think you are assuming there will be no virtuous cycle provided by a more secure blockchain. A Chinese company committed time and people and money to design, tapeout, manufacture, characterize, and bring into production an IC that is dedicated to mining X11 secured blockchains. This is capital intensive work. This is not rolleyes. This is a vote of confidence in the future of DASH.

This a less efficient 152nm chip design than the typical 32nm, 25nm and now 16nm designs with bitcoin miners.  But this does open the door to improve efficiency later which the manufacture indicated.  The efficiency numbers still look pretty far out for payback, but this one machine can replace 10s of GPUs rigs.

This is a good time to be in Dash.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:00:47 AM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

Roll Eyes

This a less efficient 152nm chip design than the typical 32nm, 25nm and now 16nm designs with bitcoin miners.  But this does open the door to improve efficiency later which the manufacture indicated.  The efficiency numbers still look pretty far out for payback, but this one machine can replace 10s of GPUs rigs.

I disagree..scrypt altcoins plummet when ASICs are introduced..cheaper electricity makes cheaper coins  Wink add to that the POS masternodes that produces coins just by holding them..

Sell your DASH now, buy back in cents.
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:24:55 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 07:17:08 AM by gusterdd

384Mhash for ~$2100.

Roll Eyes

This a less efficient 152nm chip design than the typical 32nm, 25nm and now 16nm designs with bitcoin miners.  But this does open the door to improve efficiency later which the manufacture indicated.  The efficiency numbers still look pretty far out for payback, but this one machine can replace 10s of GPUs rigs.

I disagree..scrypt altcoins plummet when ASICs are introduced..cheaper electricity makes cheaper coins  Wink add to that the POS masternodes that produces coins just by holding them..

Script altcoins plummet because  there wasn't good inovation, when ASICs are intorduced.
X11 ASIC would just replace GPU miners. DASH's core character is masternode.
After pump, ...direct dump  always in altcoin world.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 07:05:01 AM

Speaking of fixes:

Thanks Bittrex for correcting the display (even though I had to ask 2.5 times)!

tx to kot
he chased them down (and held their hand)
 Grin

Damnit people.. it takes time! Wink

sorry for the mixup...

thanks,
richie@bittrex

fake quote made up by arielshit the little bitch

I create fake quotes because I am a butthurt loser and my shitcoin of choice didn't take off as I hoped, now I bitch and moan in the ANN of the community I backstabbed like the little shit I am.

You are not forgiven, buddy, now crawl back into your shitstained gutter.

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:04:04 AM

Script altcoins plummet because  there wasn't good inovation, when ASICs are intorduced.

With bitcoin the ASICs caused a huge increase in bitcoin price.  I guess it could also be the rise in price that caused the ASIC production.

The scrypt algo was targeted to be ASIC resistant.  As soon as an ASIC was designed, this benefit was lost.  That was likely the cause for the drop.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:54:17 AM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

Roll Eyes

This a less efficient 152nm chip design than the typical 32nm, 25nm and now 16nm designs with bitcoin miners.  But this does open the door to improve efficiency later which the manufacture indicated.  The efficiency numbers still look pretty far out for payback, but this one machine can replace 10s of GPUs rigs.

I disagree..scrypt altcoins plummet when ASICs are introduced..cheaper electricity makes cheaper coins  Wink add to that the POS masternodes that produces coins just by holding them..

so it is about innovation now? DASH started as a bitcoin clone/fork...

how about decred? not a bitcoin clone/fork where you can POS your coin without owning at least a 1000 (masternode), unlike DASH (reminds me when I talked about ethereum here last year LOL)

Innovation alone cannot sustain the price when ASICs enters because there are competing coins in this open source crypto currency world...

in the law of Supply and Demand..when the supply is cheap the demand will compensate the cheap supply of coins due to cheaper electricity and POS masternodes earning coins without "work".
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:58:46 AM

Bring on the ASICS !!

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:04:53 AM

in regards to bitcoin and ASICs.. it is different

bitcoin is the first, it is not an altcoin, it is not a fork/clone

BTC ASICs relations is different...the law of supply and demand says more cheap bitcoin produced but the demand for the first crypto currency pulled the price even higher...looking at DASH I don't think so ... there are other coins out there  Wink
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:17:43 AM

BTC ASICs relations is different...

It's not different.

cheaper electricity makes cheaper coins

It doesn't matter. The difficulty adjustment eliminates that as a factor when more miners join the network.

Everybody said ASICS would "kill bitcoin". They didn't, they just made the network stronger to the point where it's impossible now for banks to compete with their poxy "in house", "blockchain not bitcoin" blockchains. We need ever increasing hashpower, increasing nodecount and increasing marketcap. All positively correlated.
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:31:23 AM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

Roll Eyes

how about decred? not a bitcoin clone/fork where you can POS your coin without owning at least a 1000 (masternode), unlike DASH (reminds me when I talked about ethereum here last year LOL)

Innovation alone cannot sustain the price when ASICs enters because there are competing coins in this open source crypto currency world...

in the law of Supply and Demand..when the supply is cheap the demand will compensate the cheap supply of coins due to cheaper electricity and POS masternodes earning coins without "work".

Competition between ASIC owner make coin production cost the same level as GPU mininig.
Coin price depend on coin difference, marketing, usage, tech, coin capitalist, etc.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:34:52 AM

BTC ASICs relations is different...

It's not different.

cheaper electricity makes cheaper coins

It doesn't matter. The difficulty adjustment eliminates that as a factor when more miners join the network.

Everybody said ASICS would "kill bitcoin". They didn't, they just made the network stronger to the point where it's impossible now for banks to compete with their poxy "in house", "blockchain not bitcoin" blockchains. We need ever increasing hashpower, increasing nodecount and increasing marketcap. All positively correlated.

I'm quoting my previous post because you sliced the important points and negate my argument LOL

in regards to bitcoin and ASICs.. it is different

bitcoin is the first, it is not an altcoin, it is not a fork/clone

BTC ASICs relations is different...the law of supply and demand says more cheap bitcoin produced but the demand for the first crypto currency pulled the price even higher...looking at DASH I don't think so ... there are other coins out there  Wink

The difficulty adjustment eliminates that as a factor when more miners join the network.

more miners going to work.. I don't think so ASICs is a form of centralization (mining farms, places where ASICs cannot be bought-no miners)

it is all about the DEMAND for bitcoins that made the price increase and even more ASICs mined the shit out of it.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:42:51 AM

I'm quoting my previous post because you sliced the important points and negate my argument LOL

That was opinion, not analysis. Why don't you post some hard data instead of waffle.

The fact is that hashpower is hashpower - wherever it comes form. It goes hand in hand with coin development and commercial appeal. Marketcap and hashpower are generally positively correlated, doesn't matter if it comes from ASICS or anywhere else. There are good reasons for that, not least the fact that the correlation was built into the design of the proof of work algorithm in the first place.

What makes far more difference than any of this however is whether a coin is seen my the market as an original in its class or not. The top 10-15 marketcap coins are there for that reason more than any other and the hashpower/marketcap is attracted to those networks accordingly.

more miners going to work.. I don't think so ASICs is a form of centralization (mining farms, places where ASICs cannot be bought-no miners)

It doesn't matter. Large mining pools & farms are part of the woodwork in this economy. 5 big mining pools is just a highly scaled version of 50000 home miners. Dash is already mined in pools anyway. What's important is that no-one has a monopoly - new pools can be opened at any time by anyone and new server farms similarly. The whole point of this technology is that anyone who wants to gets to mine and receives a reward proportional to the amount of effort they invest in supporting the network.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:49:06 AM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

Roll Eyes

Competition between ASIC owner make coin production cost the same level as GPU mininig.
Coin price depend on coin difference, marketing, usage, tech, coin capitalist, etc.

ASICs only purpose is to cheapen electricity cost and increase hashrate.

ASICs are not as available as GPUs, they are expensive, cheaper on electricity and very low re sale value

mining is..

electricity expenses  = should covered by profit
equipment purchase = there should be Return of investment thru profit
time, effort, investment = should be covered by profit too

ASICs will make DASH cheaper...ASICs cannot assure price increase...

DASH ace card for price increase is only "innovation"..and I highly doubt that "DASH innovation" is really an "innovation" that will create DEMAND  Wink

summarized to....DEMAND
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:52:51 AM

ASICs will make DASH cheaper...

How will they make it cheaper ? For whom - miners ?

How does your analysis square with precedent ? (Clue: it doesn't). How does your analysis get away with ignoring factors such as difficulty adjustment ? (Clue: it doesn't)  Wink
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:01:03 AM

How will they make it cheaper ? For whom - miners ?

How does your analysis square with precedent ? (Clue: it doesn't). How does your analysis get away with ignoring factors such as difficulty adjustment ? (Clue: it doesn't)  Wink

I think I've figured it out.

Think of it as a mix of Tourette Syndrome and Afasia, but instead of swearing, they say exactly opposite of intended and aren't even aware of it.
Pages: « 1 ... 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 [5733] 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: