Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:14:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 [5695] 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:51:25 PM

Just to put things into perspective: The "problems" we are facing with upwards revaluation and deals made in dash rather than fiat are "problems" that others would kill to have Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:55:01 PM

So did the major BT outages today impact many masternodes? Anybody have a good way to see that kind of information?

not even a hick-up  Wink

What BT outage? What happened?
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:55:41 PM

Just to put things into perspective: The "problems" we are facing with upwards revaluation and deals made in dash rather than fiat are "problems" that others would kill to have Cool

EXACTLY !!!!

[damn sock-puppet accts stirring trouble again].... ugh
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:19:01 PM

#firstworldproblems

To be honest I think as a community we may still be a little drunk with the recent price rise. We seem to be estable right now and it should not really be too much of an issue.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:29:26 PM

I have heard a lot of requests to keep working on something for vendor adoption.  Well, now that there are some open budget funds, I would rather get started on the first building block.

Budget Proposal: Wifi-Portal for Retail Instore Purchasing

One of the ideas with the Vendor Experience was to create a wifi portal to order products. A web portal is a device that you can connect to with a wifi device(a phone for example).  When you connect to the portal it forces you to go to a single webpage.  Technically, this is called a Captive Web Portal.  This is the webpage we will use for ordering.

The web portal will run on a single board computer for our testing.  I have picked an Odroid-XU4.  I envision this as the first step to the final product which is being able to pay with Dash via the wifi portal at a retail store or even a vending machine directly with a mobile phone.

I have negotiated with a web developer that has a good track record of making websites to help create a website for this project.  I expect this to look like a professional ordering website tailored to mobile phone ordering.

The funds will be used for:
  • Odroid-XU4, antenna, relay board(future projects), and shifter board to convert the Odroid-XU4 outputs to be relay compatible.
  • Paying for web design services
  • Engineering required to put all this together

The result and what the community will be delivered to the community is:
  • A step by step guide to build the portal,
  • Website and it's content
  • An overview of what it does and how it works.

This project completes the first building block.  The next phases will implement paying with Dash and interfacing with the mobile wallets to send payments.  The final goal will be to use in a retail store with phone UPC scanning and checkout via the Dash Fast Lane.

The amount for this proposal is 200 Dash and is only 1 payment(ending in 2 days).

Vote or comment on dashwhale.org here.
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Wifi-Portal
Vote with:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many d660ea698ebca4012d554347473bc0453dcfcefb1aa366ce2439f895aa97b7be yes
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:35:56 PM

So did the major BT outages today impact many masternodes? Anybody have a good way to see that kind of information?

not even a hick-up  Wink

What BT outage? What happened?

Most of the BT network was down for a lot of the day. Major outages all over the UK and service areas. I was just curious if it could be seen in the masternode network.
flailing Junk

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:22:25 AM

So it looks like the evolution privacy model will be one round of darksend with masternode blinding. Is that it? Is that enough?

BusterNutBag

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:28:59 AM

So it looks like the evolution privacy model will be one round of darksend with masternode blinding. Is that it? Is that enough?

where did that come from?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:44:32 AM

The Tatiana Show — DASH Digital Currency
(Daniel/Minotaur)

https://youtu.be/3dwIHtfmlVg

raico

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:24:37 AM

Paying a PR firm with Dash rather than fiat should be a good idea...
the better they do their job, the more Dash appreciates, then the more they will earn.

Agree~! And that makes Dash become more Dash~

agreed, nothing wrong with that .. you may even attract some longterm investors that way.

Please explain this absurd logic to me.

What business in the todays world does this?

We are taking on an incredible risk of paying them 2-100000x of what we should have, for no reason at all.

Take the risk out of the business relationship so it doesn't go sour, because it will go sour if this is how we approach it.

Businesses should have the possibility to be paid out in Dash if they want to, they of course need to know the risk they take on with that
as the price can go up or down but at the end it will create a Dash eco-system which is what we all want. The problem with Bitcoin is currently
that nobody wants to be paid out in Bitcoin and use Bitpay to avoid it, Dash could go the other way as we are more then just a fluctuating price
and look very healthy longterm to the outside.

Also remember this is just for a three months period for this specific budget proposal with currently two months remaining.

I think in the future...we need to  be clear on how we are valuing the contract.  If it was hedged on  USD or some other fiat...then so be it.  On the other hand...if it was hedged on DASH alone...we cant fudge on this.  If at the time of the contract DASH was $2.50 USD and later DASH is worth  $20.00  That  has NO bearing.  I do this  often...sometimes it benefits me greatly and sometimes I loss.  I'll give a real  world example of a fiat transaction at our winery.

I ordered 12 French Barrels from Boutes in France and 12 barrels from Seguin Moreau from Napa.  One quote in Euros and the other in USD...I live in Canada, so need to convert.

Our currency tanked to the USD...I got hosed on that...because I agreed to pay in USD...i cost me nearly 25% more from the initial placement of  the order.  At $1200 per barrel, this difference adds up.  The contract was in USD...that is what I'm paying in.  End of story.  

Its the risk we all take...and in the case of this DASH contract...it could have gone the other way.  I've not seen  the original deal...but my suggestion is, if we agree to pay in DASH...we pay in DASH.  Just my opinion on this.

Every proposal that is based on a fixed USD amount, from the moment it is presented, contains immediate market risk...

If you require USD 1000 and current Dash price is $4.00, then you ask for 250 Dash. You, the proposal owner, take on immediate market risk - when your proposal gets paid, those 250 Dash will be worth either more than or less than the required $1000.

Or you can transfer that market risk by convincing a service provider to accept Dash rather than fiat, in which case the service provider will end up with more than or less than the $1000.

The budget system itself does not, and can not take on market risk - it pays 250 Dash regardless of market price. Rather, the market risk must be borne by either the proposal owner or the service provider, and they will do better or worse depending on the market.

With multiple payments further in the future, the market risk is of course magnified.

Edit: whoever assumes the market risk should be entitled to any upside reward, just as he is subject to any downside loss.

Bump for all of you guys~!

The solution of the old problem will lead to the production of the new problem. You can't count on a system to solve all. As for our DGbB system, considering its first deployment, i think it works pretty well. And i suggest We should not allow the system(DGbB/Vote system) to assume more of the functions that should not be assumed.. Totally agree with the ecosystem (Positive cycle machanism) and market risk opinions. And I appreciate each of our proposal executive team's work. For excample, if there would be a "continue contract" with Transform PR/Michael Terpin, I'll vote yes, again.

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:43:43 AM

Nice for the contractor who gets the easy money, not nice for those missing out.

That sounds to me like the "instamine" whiners complaining about missing out on cheap coins.  The brilliance of the governance system is that it can dynamically adjust to economic factors.  A "good deal" will not stay a good for very long! How long did 40% masternode return last? not long, because more people invested and started taking advantage of it. And what was the benefit? A huge increase in user base, exchange rate, network security, efficiency, etc.  If masternodes paid in USD, it would be to the detriment of Dash. Why should it be otherwise for budgets?

We obviously want to incentivise people to hold and use the currency. Any so-called inequities due to price appreciation are GOOD for the Dash economy, because they will attract more high quality proposals to compete for funds. They'll try to lock in those "good deals" and then their hard work will really pay off if their Dash payouts suddenly become more valuable.  Then, the next round of proposers will try to do the same.  All the while, Dash will keep growing and garner all manner of innovation on the backs of service providers competing to make it better and increase their ROI.  

Pay in Dash, renegotiate often based on exchange rates.

And where does the frequency of renegotiation end? Are you going to advocate daily superblock budget payouts versus months? Hourly? Does the proposal owner need to be joined at the hip with his contractor, arguing about price all day? You can't have it both ways. There already is renegotiation built into the budget system directly. It's called voting. As Evan already pointed out, someone has to take the risk. Having Dash itself take the risk versus the service providers is parasitic in nature and a recipe for disaster.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 02:03:49 AM

Nice for the contractor who gets the easy money, not nice for those missing out.

That sounds to me like the "instamine" whiners complaining about missing out on cheap coins.  The brilliance of the governance system is that it can dynamically adjust to economic factors.  A "good deal" will not stay a good for very long! How long did 40% masternode return last? not long, because more people invested and started taking advantage of it. And what was the benefit? A huge increase in user base, exchange rate, network security, efficiency, etc.  If masternodes paid in USD, it would be to the detriment of Dash. Why should it be otherwise for budgets?

We obviously want to incentivise people to hold and use the currency. Any so-called inequities due to price appreciation are GOOD for the Dash economy, because they will attract more high quality proposals to compete for funds. They'll try to lock in those "good deals" and then their hard work will really pay off if their Dash payouts suddenly become more valuable.  Then, the next round of proposers will try to do the same.  All the while, Dash will keep growing and garner all manner of innovation on the backs of service providers competing to make it better and increase their ROI.  

And where does the frequency of renegotiation end? Are you going to advocate daily superblock budget payouts versus months? Hourly? Does the proposal owner need to be joined at the hip with his contractor, arguing about price all day? You can't have it both ways. There already is renegotiation built into the budget system directly. It's called voting. As Evan already pointed out, someone has to take the risk. Having Dash itself take the risk versus the service providers is parasitic in nature and a recipe for disaster.

That is right, Bridgewater,  thanks for your insight. Is nice to see other people that can see the powerful network effects paying in Dash creates.
FeelTheBern

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 02:08:26 AM

That is right, Bridgewater,  thanks for your insight. Is nice to see other people that can see the powerful network effects paying in Dash creates.

Paying in Dash is fine. Agreeing to a 3 month cotnract with a volatile currency is not. There are plenty of work arounds to this issue. For example; resubmit the amount you need to fulfill the invioce they send over and propose it to the network and get them paid. Just don't put the network on the hook for any volatility in the meantime, we are trying to maximize the usage of the funds after all, right?

edit: My point is we can pay them ahead of time and avoid any of these issues. Calculate the market value of dash at the time the invoice is submitted and note it. Pay them XXXXX amount of USD in Dash. They got paid in Dash, we took zero risk, everyone is happy.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 02:28:08 AM

That is right, Bridgewater,  thanks for your insight. Is nice to see other people that can see the powerful network effects paying in Dash creates.

Paying in Dash is fine. Agreeing to a 3 month cotnract with a volatile currency is not. There are plenty of work arounds to this issue. For example; resubmit the amount you need to fulfill the invioce they send over and propose it to the network and get them paid. Just don't put the network on the hook for any volatility in the meantime, we are trying to maximize the usage of the funds after all, right?

edit: My point is we can pay them ahead of time and avoid any of these issues. Calculate the market value of dash at the time the invoice is submitted and note it. Pay them XXXXX amount of USD in Dash. They got paid in Dash, we took zero risk, everyone is happy.

You truly don't get it, the network effects come from the volatility. Is the same reason miners mine and masternodes masternode is just incentive applied to dynamic things, like if anyone could mine by doing different services not only infrastructure or security related. But of course people do this for the upside, is the whole basis of decentralized systems. The potential incentives keep the network interests aligned with the interests of the individual participants.

You may need to learn to stop forcing your point of view to others. Lets just agree to disagree about this subject and move on.
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 02:41:41 AM

You truly don't get it, the network effects come from the volatility. Is the same reason miners mine and masternodes masternode is just incentive applied to dynamic things, like if anyone could mine by doing different services not only infrastructure or security related. But of course people do this for the upside, is the whole basis of decentralized systems. The potential incentives keep the network interests aligned with the interests of the individual participants.

You may need to learn to stop forcing your point of view to others. Lets just agree to disagree about this subject and move on.

Point taken, and not lightly.

I am trying to see it from your guys side, but I just can't wrap my head around it I guess. And I apolgize if you feel as if I'm blowing you off or something, I am merely trying to stand up for my opinion and being repeatedly told its invalid, yet the voters agree.

But agreed. I'll let it die and I was not trying to "force my opinion on you", sorry if you took it that way.
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 02:57:29 AM

https://dashtalk.org/threads/hmm-i-see-i-was-booted-from-slack-awesome.7932/

Nothing left to say. This shit is rigged. So disappointed in you guys. I pointed out my opinion and people voted. Now I'm kicked from the "official core team chat". Thanks for supporting opposing views guys! /s

So much for standing up for the democratic process we were all promised.

Decentralized my ass.
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:03:22 AM

Nothing left to say. This shit is rigged. So disappointed in you guys. I pointed out my opinion and people voted. Now I'm kicked from the "official core team chat". Thanks for supporting opposing views guys! /s

Decentralized my ass.

This feels a little manufactured... from a new account, concern trolling behavior, somewhat suspicious.

If long-term proposal payouts seem out of whack because of an increase in Dash price, then they will be voted down by the network and replaced with one of a shorter duration and adjusted Dash payout.

Are you holding any Dash?

Edit: It looks like it's already happening, this is surprising to say the least:

“Transform PR - Michael Terpin“ claimed by eduffield

1100 DASH per month (2 month remaining)

Deadline for voting: in 2 days

Votes: 1100 Yes / 1024 No
Will be funded: No

(this proposal needs additional 272 Yes votes to become funded)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:19:47 AM

@TDG (FeelTheBern)
Nothing to have with the voting or your opinion.

Why i got the sensation of seeing you everywhere, oh maybe because you were everywhere today, spaming all channel, Dashtalk, dashwhale and here, with negativity and not constructive coments.

Imho your comunication is not good.
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:21:51 AM

Decentralized my ass.

Well your post on DT still stands, and even if it didn't, you still have a say with voting. If it makes you feel any better, I've never been on slack, and I vote on every proposal. Sounds pretty decentralized to me. Hell, I know a guy who has never once posted on BCT or DT and he votes as well. There are plenty of us out there, decentralizing the crap out of Dash.
flailing Junk

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:43:07 AM

where did that come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlPEniN-LEA&feature=youtu.be&t=1180
Pages: « 1 ... 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 [5695] 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: