Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:21:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 [6128] 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 08:33:22 AM

Wow trolling is very active lately. Monero team worried Dash is poised for a nice bull run I think.

But seriously why compare Dash to Madoff? You might as well compare Dash to the number of cows in Switzerland for all the relevance that has. The growth of Dash looks nothing like that. At all. Btw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:38:58 AM

Wow trolling is very active lately. Monero team worried Dash is poised for a nice bull run I think.

But seriously why compare Dash to Madoff? You might as well compare Dash to the number of cows in Switzerland for all the relevance that has. The growth of Dash looks nothing like that. At all. Btw.

Because, you can't base an investment solely on the fact that it has performed well in the past.  You need to base it on something tangible that you expect to happen in the future that will help your investment grow.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 08:46:33 AM

Because, you can't base an investment solely on the fact that it has performed well in the past.  You need to base it on something tangible that you expect to happen in the future that will help your investment grow.

Well thats true I guess. As for myself I'm basing it on whats Dash has done in the past, (incentivised nodes, two tier network, instant send, private send...) and what its doing now (growing the network, financing multiple projects via the budget system, maintaining and growing value, market cap etc), and the potential I see and the vision of Dash Evolution, bringing a user experience to the masses. And so on.

The thing is the trolls here know all this, and fear it, or they wouldnt be here. Do you really think  they are here because they want to help us avoid a scam?
bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

I´m very sorry Solarminer, you probably don´t care at all but I´m sad to group you with monero trolls.

/ignore
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:50:58 AM

Well thats true I guess. As for myself I'm basing it on whats Dash has done in the past, (incentivised nodes, two tier network, instant send, private send...) and what its doing now (growing the network, financing multiple projects via the budget system, maintaining and growing value, market cap etc), and the potential I see and the vision of Dash Evolution, bringing a user experience to the masses. And so on.

The thing is the trolls here know all this, and fear it, or they wouldnt be here. Do you really think  they are here because they want to help us avoid a scam?

Don't take my comment out of context.  It was related to the comment above it, which was:

^ Yep. As an investor they have made me good money to this point so there is no reason to stop trusting them now.  Cool

My comment was only related to the blind faith attitude is dangerous.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:52:28 AM

That's one thing I never quite understood about the trolls here, because it is so obvious, but on the other hand it worked to a degree. The Instamine Meme is as persistent as it is irrelevant and false.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:01:03 AM

I´m very sorry Solarminer, you probably don´t care at all but I´m sad to group you with monero trolls.

/ignore
Did I ever say anything about Monero this year?  No.  Your random grouping strategy is odd, but not of my concern.

If you are grouping me in with the critical thinkers and unbiased crypto nerds that say negative things once in a while.  Sure, that makes sense.  Feel free to put me on ignore so you can maintain your exceptionally high standard of Dash Positiveness.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 09:06:23 AM

That's one thing I never quite understood about the trolls here, because it is so obvious, but on the other hand it worked to a degree. The Instamine Meme is as persistent as it is irrelevant and false.

Thanks to all the trolling I consider that I understand the events of the launch in rather a lot of detail which otherwise I wouldn't have so the positive aspect is it keeps everything transparent. Also it bumps this thread keeping it near the top. And is paid for by a generous bounty of XMR so no need to use any Dash budget for these valuable services. LOL

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 09:18:01 AM

Because, you can't base an investment solely on the fact that it has performed well in the past.  You need to base it on something tangible that you expect to happen in the future that will help your investment grow.

/ignore

He is a monero troll.........

The reason I dont go near Monero is because of all their trolling on this very thread. I don't see Maidsafe people popping up here endlessly spreading FUD about Dash for example, neither AMP, nor ETH, nor any other crypto of which there are hundreds. Only Monero. Its offputting to their own currency, and its plain sad.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:33:05 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 09:48:59 AM by MasterMined710

snip
I have been attacked by the Non-Coding Dash guys for a while now.  I have put up with it because I believed in Dash.

For any newbies, here is some history:
  • First I was told you can't build an instantx soda machine and you will just take the money.
i voted for it and never said that, who said you can't build it and will just take the money? we have plenty of disinfo trolls that say dumb stuff like that all the time just to cause trouble.

• Then it was you are a scammer because you built the soda machine (with camo and moo of course) but are not giving profits(never expected to be used after the show anyway) back to the community.
i never said (scammer) that but i don't deny someone may have. it was a legit question to ask where the profits and machine that the community paid for would go. i thought camo was holding it hostage for a while right? he is a total hothead but a smart guy. unfortunately he does not play well with others, at all.

• Then accused of trying to take over Dash by submitting a proposal to get technology into vendors called vendor-experience.  Instantx anyone?
lol, i never saw anyone accuse you of trying to take over dash, but maybe they did idk. not me. i think the vender ex was too soon and just not needed at the time, was a bit expensive too if i remember correctly. we have funded a few similar vendor related things and they have pretty much gone unused. it's just too soon chicken before the egg thing. i think camo and maybe you think if we would have just do that and other stuff he wanted we would be btc market cap or 2nd place right now, i disagree. user experience first (evo) then we will be ready for the vendor ex in 2018.

• I was harassed several times in private messages flaming me with inappropriate language (from a core member still on the team).
that is not cool if it went down the way you say. sorry.

• Called a troll almost non-stop for any critical thinking.
not sure about non-stop but it happens. if it was after the old slack meltdown that would make sense. there was some very nasty stuff said about evan by itw and buster was being well...buster.

• Called a scammer for supporting Dash and community with a slack and then stopping it when the proposal was defunded.
imo that's when everything started to go downhill for you. you were attacked somewhat unfairly imo but some of it was your fault too. you should have dumped itw and maybe buster and you probably not have got defunded.remaining silent on itw vicious and relentless everyday all day personal attacks is what got slack defunded.

• Now I am labeled a concern troll and one of the 5 guys, even though I have done more with InstantX than anyone else in Dash, just look at my signature.
you have brought up some good points but you have started moving into concern troll territory recently imo.

There is definitely something wrong with this community.   Maybe I should file a grievance with that new HR person that is coming soon.
i think after the slack was defunded you really started to become very bitter and that is unfortunate. dash is far from perfect but i trust the team and was pleased with the long overdue project reports from minotaur. the lack of communication issues caused a lot of unnecessary problems that really got out of hand on the old slack. there is a lot of blame to go around and still communication issues that need attention but i think everything is moving in the right direction.

i just pointed out a mistake you made on slack because you are just trying to find fault with dash. you admitted the mistake but i think you will make more if you don't just step away for a while and take a break.
replying to this post here will probably just make things worse. if you are still invested/holding dash you may want to reply here, if not it would be best to pm me or respond on slack if you feel you must. i probably will not respond here on btctalk though as we are getting off topic and into personal stuff. if you are not holding dash anymore my advice would be to just let it go and move on to something you feel positive about, negativity is not good for you health.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:41:08 AM

"The Soda Machine Wars".

I have been attacked

Will make a class chapter when the history of Dash is written Wink
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:45:41 AM

The reason I dont go near Monero is because of all their trolling on this very thread. I don't see Maidsafe people popping up here endlessly spreading FUD about Dash for example, neither AMP, nor ETH, nor any other crypto of which there are hundreds. Only Monero. Its offputting to their own currency, and its plain sad.

don't take it personally, monero peeps troll most of the popular coins, that is what they are known for. i will not touch it either because of several prominent xmr members excessive trolling. overall dash and most other communities are positive (unless dealing with xmr folks) but we all have our problems. 

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:55:17 AM

Proposal: Business Development - Major Exchange

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-major-exchange.12881/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash into a major exchange with fiat trading.

Why Aren't We Seeing Greater Adoption of Cryptocurrency?
https://youtu.be/zrIul2OGsQE

Published on Jan 23, 2017
Ryan Taylor defines two reasons crypto hasn't gone mainstream yet -- and it may not be the reasons you've been told elsewhere. This is the speech delivered by the Director of Finance of Dash at The North American Bitcoin Conference, 2017.

Learn more by visiting http://dash.org

Original presentation here: https://youtu.be/Tn2s6IHAL4A

Get social with us:
- Dash Slack: http://dashnation.com/chat
- DASH: Detailed Homepage: http://dashdetailed.com
- DASH: Detailed Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashdetailed
- Dash Homepage: http://dash.org
- Dash Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashpay

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Two things i don't want to get buried with all the Dash drama and the totally off topic trolling post.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:07:31 AM

snip
I have been attacked by the Non-Coding Dash guys for a while now.  I have put up with it because I believed in Dash.

• First I was told you can't build an instantx soda machine and you will just take the money.
i voted for it and never said that, who said you can't build it and will just take the money? we have plenty of disinfo trolls that say dumb stuff like that all the time just to cause trouble.

• Then it was you are a scammer because you built the soda machine (with camo and moo of course) but are not giving profits(never expected to be used after the show anyway) back to the community.
i never said (scammer) that but i don't deny someone may have. it was a legit question to ask where the profits and machine that the community paid for would go. i thought camo was holding it hostage for a while right? he is a total hothead but a smart guy. unfortunately he does not play well with others, at all.

• Then accused of trying to take over Dash by submitting a proposal to get technology into vendors called vendor-experience.  Instantx anyone?
lol, i never saw anyone accuse you of trying to take over dash, but maybe they did idk. not me. i think the vender ex was too soon and just not needed at the time, was a bit expensive too if i remember correctly. we have funded a few similar vendor related things and they have pretty much gone unused. it's just too soon chicken before the egg thing. i think camo and maybe you think if we would have just do that and other stuff he wanted we would be btc market cap or 2nd place right now, i disagree. user experience first (evo) then we will be ready for the vendor ex in 2018.

• I was harassed several times in private messages flaming me with inappropriate language (from a core member still on the team).
that is not cool if it went down the way you say. sorry.

• Called a troll almost non-stop for any critical thinking.
not sure about non-stop but it happens. if it was after the old slack meltdown that would make sense. there was some very nasty stuff said about evan by itw and buster was being well...buster.

• Called a scammer for supporting Dash and community with a slack and then stopping it when the proposal was defunded.
imo that's when everything started to go downhill for you. you were attacked somewhat unfairly imo but some of it was your fault too. you should have dumped itw and maybe buster and you probably not have got defunded.remaining silent on itw vicious and relentless everyday all day personal attacks is what got slack defunded.

• Now I am labeled a concern troll and one of the 5 guys, even though I have done more with InstantX than anyone else in Dash, just look at my signature.
you have brought up some good points but you have started moving into concern troll territory recently imo.

There is definitely something wrong with this community.   Maybe I should file a grievance with that new HR person that is coming soon.
i think after the slack was defunded you really started to become very bitter and that is unfortunate. dash is far from perfect but i trust the team and was pleased with the long overdue project reports from minotaur. the lack of communication issues caused a lot of unnecessary problems that really got out of hand on the old slack. there is a lot of blame to go around and still communication issues that need attention but i think everything is moving in the right direction.

i just pointed out a mistake you made on slack because you are just trying to find fault with dash. you admitted the mistake but i think you will make more if you don't just step away for a while and take a break.
replying to this post here will probably just make things worse. if you are still invested/holding dash you may want to reply here, if not it would be best to pm me or respond on slack if you feel you must. i probably will not respond here on btctalk though as we are getting off topic and into personal stuff. if you are not holding dash anymore my advice would be to just let it go and move on to something you feel positive about, negativity is not good for you health.

Solar, I voted for you as well and in debt to your work you did for the dash vending machine.

I also think you need to have perspective that in this sort of scene there are people who will say anything and everything to get a reaction out of you. But ultimately I agree with mastermind in that you were treated that way because you hung out with the wrong crowd. If you believe in dash, ignore the crap that goes on and stay focused on making changes for the better. Unfortunately the people you hung out with were more interested in a witch hunt attacking people and causing unnecessary drama. Negativity breeds negativity.
yoohoo309

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:11:58 AM

Why Aren't We Seeing Greater Adoption of Cryptocurrency?
https://youtu.be/zrIul2OGsQE

Published on Jan 23, 2017
Ryan Taylor defines two reasons crypto hasn't gone mainstream yet -- and it may not be the reasons you've been told elsewhere. This is the speech delivered by the Director of Finance of Dash at The North American Bitcoin Conference, 2017.

Learn more by visiting http://dash.org

Original presentation here: https://youtu.be/Tn2s6IHAL4A

Get social with us:
- Dash Slack: http://dashnation.com/chat
- DASH: Detailed Homepage: http://dashdetailed.com
- DASH: Detailed Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashdetailed
- Dash Homepage: http://dash.org
- Dash Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashpay

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/
thanks for informing about proper website for this knowledge.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:03:54 PM

Lol, becuase DASH has absolutely nothing coming up in the future to make me want to hold Roll Eyes. Good riddance man -- enjoy Monero or whatever you invest in now. 
ddink8

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:34:21 PM

Then accused of trying to take over Dash by submitting a proposal to get technology into vendors called vendor-experience.  Instantx anyone?

You submitted a proposal for 729 Dash for a 99 month duration. Numerous voters told you they would change their votes if you decreased the duration. We told you that the price of Dash was going to rise a great deal over those 99 months, and that we didn't want to effectively vote you an unlimited budget (72,171 DASH over the course of 99 months). At today's valuation, that would be $1.1 million. You have done some great things for the project, but most people were not willing to allocate that much money to your project.

Let's not try to change the facts...the proposal got defunded AFTER you said that it would no longer be a Dash Slack. You had already received two payments from the Network, which you refused to refund. You then tried to sell the Slack (that the Network paid for) back to the Core Team. "Scammer" is such a loaded word--if you have another word for somebody who took possession of something that somebody else paid for, then feel free to use it instead.

I want to be clear: you've done some great things for Dash. For a long time, I considered you a member of the "loyal opposition." When you decided to steal the Network's property, that's when I began considering you a scammer and a troll. Others may see things differently, and that's fine. Most of the time I have you on ignore, but I will from time to time pop up and remind any new community members of your past actions, just so that they have all the information available and can make up their own minds about you.

Cheers!

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 03:21:09 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 03:44:13 PM by bigrcanada1

Because, you can't base an investment solely on the fact that it has performed well in the past.  You need to base it on something tangible that you expect to happen in the future that will help your investment grow.

The thing is the trolls here know all this, and fear it, or they wouldnt be here. Do you really think  they are here because they want to help us avoid a scam?

Don't take my comment out of context.  It was related to the comment above it, which was:

^ Yep. As an investor they have made me good money to this point so there is no reason to stop trusting them now.  Cool

Hi Solar... I do agree to some of the concerns   It's important that those of us that wish to question things and ask for accountability should remain doing so.

For example,  I've been advocating for a budget performance matrix for all funded projects.  I've been willing to donate handsomely for this kind of thing where everyone is being held accountable via a standalone website.

There are literally 10s of thousands of dollars being dished out... And no accountability.  I purposed before the holidays that  we set up an independent site that that strictly evaluates funding proposals performance as well as a complete detailed information on all aspects of the individual budgets,  who they are,  how much was the proposal worth in a couple of currencies what were the deliverables etc etc.  Then finally a rating of how well the budget proposal did at fullfilling it's duties... This could even be voted on.  

This is how we can help everyone in community to remain confident that funds parties are being given, are held accountable by the whole community.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:44:24 PM

The thing is the trolls here know all this, and fear it, or they wouldnt be here. Do you really think  they are here because they want to help us avoid a scam?

Don't take my comment out of context.  It was related to the comment above it, which was:

^ Yep. As an investor they have made me good money to this point so there is no reason to stop trusting them now.  Cool

Hi Solar... I do agree to some of the concerns   It's important that those of us that wish to question things and ask for accountability should remain doing so.

For example,  I've been advocating for a budget performance matrix for all funded projects.  I've been willing to donate handsomely for this kind of thing where everyone is being held accountable via a standalone website.

There are literally 10s of thousands of dollars being dished out... And no accountability.  I purposed before the holidays that  we set up an independent site that that strictly evaluates funding proposals performance as well as a complete detailed information on all aspects of the individual budgets,  who they are,  how much was the proposal worth in a couple of currencies what were the deliverables etc etc.  Then finally a rating of how well the budget proposal did at fullfilling it's duties... This could even be voted on.  

This is how we can help hold everyone in community to remain confident that funds that parties are being given, are held accountable.  

I agree with questioning things and holding Core accountable. The new section on the forum is a good start.

My original comment was only related to trusting them regarding this major exchange proposal (which was quickly taken out of context by Solar and the other trolls to be "blind faith"). I just think it would be silly to punt this exchange opportunity just because Ryan can't disclose the name of the exchange. We should trust the Core's judgement on this particular issue as the potential payoff is huge. That was my only point.
ddink8

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 04:04:07 PM

I think that in order to get more efficiency from the budget system we need to do one or more of the following things:

a) Lessen the time factor--There is a real sense of urgency, in that we have only one month (at most) to plan and make proposals to the network before the funds or irretrievably "lost" for future development.

b) Given that any unallocated funds are lost forever (by simply not being created), we have a situation in which there is essentially zero cost for failure. If a proposal doesn't work out, then so what? The funds would have been lost anyway. The flip side is that almost any proposal with even the slightest chance of bringing value to the ecosystem is worthwhile, from a strict cost-benefit analysis. Take the latest proposal to integrate with a major exchange: that's just over 2,000 DASH or $30,000 USD. Not spending that money would effectively increase the value of all DASH in existence by half a cent, which is infinitesimal.

c) Communication must be improved. The creation of the new subforum is an excellent start.

My suggestion is to allow the network to "bank" any unspent funds so that they can be used at a later time by worthy projects. This has several advantages:

1) There's an incentive for saving. Today's unused funds will likely be worth quite a bit more in the future, due to price appreciation. This month's proposals, therefore, essentially have to compete against the possibility of even better proposals in the future. We don't want to fund marginal projects today, since that takes money away from potentially better projects in the future.

2) It eliminates the time factor, since there's no longer a hurry to spend funds before we lose them (i.e. before the month's superblocks are created). That gives more time to craft better proposals, more time for communication, and greater ability to hold contractors accountable (since there's no rush to approve expenditures).

3) It alters the cost-benefit analysis, because now the cost of disapproving a proposal is lower and the cost of approving a proposal is higher, since the funds if unused would be available for future projects.

P.S. It is vitally important that masternode owners realize there is risk in everything, and that it is up to them to assess the risk. There have been, and will continue to be, budget proposals that simply don't work out very well. That's simply how the world works--there are no guarantees in anything. All we can do is assess the risk and make the best possible decision with the information we have. If something doesn't work out, we learn from it and use that knowledge later. Failure is to be expected; if we never fail, it's because we never aspired.
Pages: « 1 ... 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 [6128] 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: