Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:07:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 [6135] 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 11:20:28 AM

Who's this asshat?!?

Just added another to my ignore list too.  Wow the jealousy is strong out there in crypto land.  You are right though... Do your research.   Roll Eyes

Edit: But seriously the trolling on here now is third class rate... so sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:30:27 AM

Some times ago there was a feature that did send the masternodes payments automatically to an another address.
Will it be available with the new release or is there plan to restore it in future?
Thanks

I've been thinking about setting up something like this but actually never came around to it.
Here's a couple of links that can guide you as to do this:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/how-to-setup-masternode-donations.4730/
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/master/doc/masternode_conf.md

Good luck!
dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:06:34 PM

usual envious babble

----> ignore
balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:11:44 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 12:48:16 PM by balu

Some times ago there was a feature that did send the masternodes payments automatically to an another address.
Will it be available with the new release or is there plan to restore it in future?
Thanks

I've been thinking about setting up something like this but actually never came around to it.

Good luck!

Afaik this feature is obsolete deprecated, and currently it's not possible. Maybe in 12.1 the feature will return, not sure about it though. If Udjin lurks around here he might be able to answer.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 12:27:24 PM

Thanks

Good luck!

Afaik this feature is obsolete, and currently it's not possible. Maybe in 12.1 the feature will return, not sure about it though. If Udjin lurks around here he might be able to answer.
Yep, this thing is deprecated. NOT going to be implemented in 12.1 - we had issues with figuring out the right mn winner when donations were enabled which was causing forks. Mn winner detection was refactored and improved (hopefully) in 12.1, so let's see how new winner detection is going to perform on mainnet first and then _maybe_ we can try to get this feature back (not promising anything though).

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:38:04 PM

.... I just hate newbies being trapped ...

So explain to me how that trap works.

DASH is now 3 years old, in these 3 years we had exactly ONE DAY, in which the DASH price in $ was higher than it is right now!
(That one day was 5 jan 2017)

So how the hell could someone be getting trapped in these 3 years, every noob could have bought DASH at any day, besides that one, and would have been in profit by selling right now ... so how does that trap work?

(Source: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/)

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:15:40 PM

Is dash-news.de/dashtv/ not working at the moment?

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:29:27 PM

its working for me

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:32:00 PM

its working for me

does not work on chrome. been down for hours. works on other browsers and on chrome in incognito mode, very strange 

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:32:52 PM

Thanks

Good luck!

Afaik this feature is obsolete, and currently it's not possible. Maybe in 12.1 the feature will return, not sure about it though. If Udjin lurks around here he might be able to answer.
Yep, this thing is deprecated. NOT going to be implemented in 12.1 - we had issues with figuring out the right mn winner when donations were enabled which was causing forks. Mn winner detection was refactored and improved (hopefully) in 12.1, so let's see how new winner detection is going to perform on mainnet first and then _maybe_ we can try to get this feature back (not promising anything though).

Good I didn't go attempting to do this then Wink
Thanks for clearing up the confusion, I guess manually transferring funds from the masternode payouts will have to do.
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:33:55 PM

its working for me

does not work on chrome. been down for hours. works on other browsers and on chrome in incognito mode, very strange 

It's working great here on Chrome and not in incognito mode. I've been checking the site several times this morning without problems.
Stratosf43ric

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:48:42 PM

Hello cryptohunter or whoever you are today.

Looks like the only "trapped newbies" (other than your good self) are the ones who listened to this kind of bs year in year out.

instaminers...paid shills....massive attack vector

https://i.imgur.com/qvXJiFO.png

Oh so you try to counter-argument all the flaws i mentioned by showing a price graph? That could be a graph of any other scam like onecoin or from a ponzi. Didn´t expect much either, as there´s not much to rebate. You could just start pumping the USD, its strong against other currencies and dont see much difference vs Dash.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:56:04 PM

...forgetting that Dash price does a full retrace after each pump.

1st pump = retraced to a 2500% gain level at its lowest point
2nd pump = full retrace that lasted all of 10 days
3rd pump = retraced to 100% gain level at its lowest point

It really depends from where do you count the price movements. I can see that it always loses 80-100% value that it gained during the previous pump. And seems like it's going to do it again. Yes, technically, every new retrace is a few thousand sats higher, months apart, thats's really very "slow and steady".

But I don't mean it is particularly wrong or bad. It is quite common. My point was that Dash is not special, it is manipulated the same way as any other crypto market. By the way, Monero, after it's "engineered exit pump bubble" burst, ended up 50% higher than before it and keeps climbing. Whereas Dash was back to square one after it's "natural adoption driven slow and steady rise".

I may be wrong, but I think the main reason for Dash USD value growth is BTC price growth. What really matters is DASH/BTC price. It had an inverse correlation until recently but seems like the MM changed his tactics and it actually followed the BTC price to some extent.
Stratosf43ric

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:01:17 PM

I´ve had enough with this shitshow. I just hate newbies being trapped by this constant deception game by the instaminers and some paid shills.

The story of this coin from the very first days (big instamine continued by big reduction of coin supply) should just raise the first red flag.

Then created the Masternodes trap as to have an economic incentive to buy and hoard resulting in less coins in the market and apreciation in prize. It would be good if it actually improved privacy and not just create a massive attack vector to the governance and privacy workings of the now renamed Dash, especially when more than 90% of MNs are in VPS from third parties and probably there´s no more than 50 MN owners.

I was going to expand myself a little more but must leave...

Just stop it, i think you are hurting the crypto-space. There are many honest projects out there, just hope everyone does his/her research before supporting/investing in them.

Man. There is one coin without all "bad" things you named here. Onecoin.
And there are few more than 50 MN owners. Did you research? No.
And you can always compare "big instamine" with BTC ( 1 million coin ) and LTC's ( "mr. Lee sold his 400 000 LTC early "). And more than 90% of all coins.

ps. edited

Can you tell me the method avaliable to check the number of different owner masternodes? because i feel like it´s difficult to know...
I dont feel BTC was instamined, less even when those coins havent moved. No lies in the releasing make great difference. There will always be a crappier coin to which you can compare Dash and win, but there are also many honest coins around which you can support instead this one because its based only in marketing and lies to new uninformed investors.

Good luck anyway. Just remember 0.0165 and me if you wish to sell your stack of DigitaltrASH at that price again and you can´t.
Terzo2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:07:51 PM

These trolls are ruining the thread. It's nice how butt-hurt they are tho.   Grin
Stratosf43ric

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:14:08 PM

...forgetting that Dash price does a full retrace after each pump.

1st pump = retraced to a 2500% gain level at its lowest point
2nd pump = full retrace that lasted all of 10 days
3rd pump = retraced to 100% gain level at its lowest point

It really depends from where do you count the price movements. I can see that it always loses 80-100% value that it gained during the previous pump. And seems like it's going to do it again. Yes, technically, every new retrace is a few thousand sats higher, months apart, thats's really very "slow and steady".

But I don't mean it is particularly wrong or bad. It is quite common. My point was that Dash is not special, it is manipulated the same way as any other crypto market. By the way, Monero, after it's "engineered exit pump bubble" burst, ended up 50% higher than before it and keeps climbing. Whereas Dash was back to square one after it's "natural adoption driven slow and steady rise".

I may be wrong, but I think the main reason for Dash USD value growth is BTC price growth. What really matters is DASH/BTC price. It had an inverse correlation until recently but seems like the MM changed his tactics and it actually followed the BTC price to some extent.

They obviously know what matters is Dash/BTC price and not vs USD, but are trying to make noobs buy at an all time high dash/btc price (besides initial pump years ago). Another clear example of deception from a long term trash supporter.
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:17:09 PM

Thanks

Good luck!

Thanks for the answer.
I was just thinking would be useful, for security issues, get the payments available on another wallet than that of the nodes.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:38:17 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 02:51:00 PM by toknormal

Whereas Dash was back to square one after it's "natural adoption driven slow and steady rise".

Terms like "square one" are not exactly very quantitative. For a start I've no idea what chart range you're taking that from and, given that it's now a 3-year old coin, it has a load to choose from.

The most authentic long term indicator readily available on the crypo-charts might be the 21-week EMA, where there's no "going back to square one" indicated at any point in the coin's history.

Moreover, this is the least favourable measure - pure exchange rate per coin against bitcoin. (And so excludes relative marketcap growth and Bitcoin's growth against the dollar).

Marketcap against bitcoin is even more favourable, specially after BTC's halfing. Then exchange rate with the dollar is even more bullish again.

(This is all against a background of probably the least active year of the 3 in terms of news and fundamentals due to the intense amount of preparation work going on for the next major release).

ddink8

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:04:55 PM

I seriously doubt the feds are going to be able to coerce view keys from transactions to put any links together.

They don't have to. The job's done for them by providing them with a nice neat "black hole" to stand guard over.

For crypto to work as money, it has to have a "face" in as many sectors of commercial and economic life as possible because one economic sector "levers" the value from another in a way that goods and services can't, being sector-specific. Thats what makes the $USD the criminal currency of choice - because it can be earned illicitly in one sector and pop-up somewhere completely differently to be spent on kids christmas presents.

The second thing is, as far as surveillance goes, no cryptocurrency networks (obfuscated or otherwise) tell you a thing about identities unless you're already in possession of significant off-chain information. That can only be gleaned from the entry and exit points to the coin supply - i.e. commercial trading, exchanges, wage earning etc. So if you create an unbacked monetary network that is entirely obfuscated then you're basically kissing goodbye your long term value proposition from widespread adoption on 3 counts:

1. all your boundary points will get regulated out of existence by virtue of tainting the entire network as a suspicious trading indicator

2. you'll end up getting used exclusively as a sector-specific payments system instead of a store of value which leaves you wide open to any competing technology that happens to provide the same service as yours does but cheaper, more conveniently or more reliably

and that's without even considering the biggest ticking-timebomb calamity of all...

3. Confidence. As I explained in this post, the whole point of the Satoshi transparent model was to 'fix' the one thing that has always prevented a trust-free decentralised token from taking hold and garnering real monetary value - public confidence and how to "not" puncture it. It's unlikely that bitcoin would have made it through all its various rollercoaster rides of the last 8 years IMO without complete and un compromised transparency. Gox, malleability crises, heists - you name it. Whether the Feds are crawling all over it isn’t the point. The point is it has the public crawling all over it every minute of every day which is why it remains robust in the face of rumours, scams and technology crises.

The reason why Dash’s privacy model is miles ahead of anything else is because it looked beyond the horizons of "technological obfuscation" and dealt with each of those 3 points independently.

All the cryptonote model does is deny those challenges even exist and bury the whole blockchain from sight. An exercise in nerd-wizardry but monetary gimmickry and not exactly an inspiring prospect. But then again as I’ve stated, that approach was never invented for defining trustless money anyway.

It was invented for carrying bank-backed credit money which is why obfuscation (encryption) was made the priority over authenticity.

^This.

In case the trolls are thinking "tl;dr" I'll summarise: The predominant thing Monero is used for is the darkweb drug trade, so all Monero transactions, however private, are suspect. Anybody who is known to own Monero is thus suspect. The vast majority of Dash transactions are for ordinary, legal goods and services. Our obfuscation is just as effective as Monero's, but since we aren't known as "that darkweb coin," holders of Dash are much less suspect.
ddink8

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:13:12 PM

Stratosf43ric

Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency
Today at 02:01:17 PM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.
Terzo2

Unignore

Re: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency
Today at 02:07:51 PM
Show/Hide
Stratosf43ric

Unignore

Today at 02:14:08 PM
Show/Hide

The trolls are out in full force...must mean another leg up coming soon!
Pages: « 1 ... 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 [6135] 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: