Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:52:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 [6140] 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722512 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 06:26:34 AM

Tone Vays is talking about Dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKU0Ymta-U

Thanks for the link.  That's a great introduction to Dash!

Hilarious, good fun.  I could easily spend all day watching Tone and Fluffy yuk it up.   Cheesy

Tone does a very good job covering many aspects of Dash's premeditated investment fraud, centralization, ignoble scumbag origins, questionable governance, technological shortcomings, current failures, and irrational future expectations.

Tone Vays used to be a vocal fan of Dash.  In fact, Dash was the *only* altcoin he liked (being a Bitcoin maximalist supremacist).

Then Tone discovered the truth about Dash's indefensible, scummy Instamine and trusted third party Masternode security holes.

In the eyes of the Evan's Gate cargo cult, this makes Tone a "troll."

My, how times have changed.

Tone Vays gives an endorsement to Dash in the latest Bitcoin Group Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG-_UzSeOKk&feature=youtu.be&t=191

Great! Tone is a really cool guy.

Tone is a really cool guy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:51:16 AM

My View: Dash’s Instamine Is Not A Problem
http://fintekneeks.com/my-view-dashs-pre-mine-is-not-a-problem/

Dash Instamine Issue Clarification
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification

Instamine FAQ
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Legacy+FAQ#LegacyFAQ-WasDashInstamined?

Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash? 
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Deep technical analysis of the early mining and distribution
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg15619552#msg15619552

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
targetmlrd

Activity: 588
Merit: 530

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 07:08:17 AM

The darkest horse of all my products is the DASH, but even so is the most important indicator of a team that is actively engaged in the development of the project, and active PR, the most important thing in any blokcheyn technology, as they say sometimes you need to go against the tide, and I do
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:11:01 AM

kewl Undecided

[INSERT FUNNY MEME]
 :-P    Being Lazy    :-P

And it will be a "little" more complicated due to sentinel installation   Grin

any guides out there?

Yes, there will be a step by step guide released when everything else is released.  We need to have enforcement off before we upgrade Smiley  So they don't want anyone jumping the gun and causing havoc.  It's not really harder than usual.  You upgrade the wallet, which shouldn't require reindexing, but you know, sometimes it does, but try without first.  The folder where everything is kept will change from .dash to .dashcore or dash to dashcore in Windows.  So, what I'm going to try, and *should* work, is move my blocks folder and my chainstate folder into a self created .dashcore folder.  And see if that works.  I haven't actually done that yet, but I'm hoping it'll work Smiley

Then once that's working, you install a few requirements to run sentinel then install sentinel.  We were going to use mysql, now it's just sqlite, which is nothing to install, and in fact sentinel installs it I believe.  So it shouldn't be hard at all, but because everyone runs different configurations, it will probably result in lots of questions.  If you want it easy, install it exactly as the tutorial shows.  I did things differently, but changed for 12.1 and will probably keep it that way for simplicity Smiley

I've already upgraded my servers to 1GB ram, gave them 2GB swap, and they're sitting in ready Cheesy  Remember, sentinel is installed after installing and running 12.1 Smiley  Just follow the directions when they come out.  They're working just as hard on the upgrade instructions as anything as they want this to go smoothly.  And there are lots of people like myself that jump the gun, and don't read slowly and carefully, so I'm sure some people will have troubles, LOL, but we'll all be here to help.

Oh, another thing that needs to be installed is python Smiley but that will be part of the instructions!

If you're within a day or so of payment, wait until you get paid before upgrading, there is no huge hurry, but the faster MNs update, the faster enforcement is turned on and rogue miners who steel the entire reward will be stopped.  

Edited several times Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 07:30:01 AM

Please update your spin doctor copypasta with

Official Instamine Clarification
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/official-dash-instamine-issue-clarification.7569/.

Thank you for contributing to greater public awareness and discussion of Dash's Instamine.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:43:13 AM

Tone Vays is talking about Dash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKU0Ymta-U

In response to a comment below the video, Tone says:

"Please educate us on the things we got wrong, I'm willing to learn if you have a TL;DR version and not pay a game of Oracle Pokemon."

I wish I could watch it because I could probably catch errors, but I used to work with blustering male fools who were so jealous of those more intelligent and creative as well as those who made more money, and these two sound just like them.  Those men did everything they could to be a cog in the wheel and cause trouble.  They were some of the most prejudiced people I knew, and these two men in the video sound just the same.  I got sick watching the first minute or so, and could watch no more.  Like PTSD, ugh!  Definitely not worth my time and energy.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:23:20 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 09:59:59 AM by toknormal

blustering male fools who were so jealous of those more intelligent and creative

As one commenter says: "I appreciate you bashing my favorite altcoin, I want further strength or failure".

The pattern is getting kind of predictable.

1. Establish Roadmap
2. Do the work and announce next release
3. Flood of panicky spam on this thread + "instamine scam" cries everywhere else
4. Deliver milestone
5. Further growth ensues
6. Return to 2.

Some of the commentary would make a good comic though  Cool
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:57:51 AM

blustering male fools who were so jealous of those more intelligent and creative

As one commenter says: "I appreciate you bashing my favorite altcoin, I want further strength or failure".

The pattern is getting kind of predictable.

1. Establish Roadmap
2. Do the work and announce next release
3. Flood of panicky spam on this thread + "instamine scam" cries everywhere else
4. Deliver milestone
5. Further growth ensues
6. Return to 2.

Some of the commentary make a good comic though  Cool

LOL, great picture!  What people don't seem to understand is that the payout to MNs is because they are running the network, not because they are holders.  The collateral is to secure the network against attack.  Anyway, none of this matters because we're not building Dash for pencil neck geeks, but for everyday consumers.  We are building a USABLE product, and that's what these people don't understand.  They want to "stick it to the man" but we want to build something that might actually improve the world, for real.  Forget "redistribution of wealth" we're for ability and opportunity.  If you have that, you should be able to build your own fortunes!  And Dash is here to help you!

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:03:27 AM

Tone Vays is talking about Dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKU0Ymta-U

Thanks for the link.  That's a great introduction to Dash!

Hilarious, good fun.  I could easily spend all day watching Tone and Fluffy yuk it up.   Cheesy

Tone does a very good job covering many aspects of Dash's premeditated investment fraud, centralization, ignoble scumbag origins, questionable governance, technological shortcomings, current failures, and irrational future expectations.

Tone Vays used to be a vocal fan of Dash.  In fact, Dash was the *only* altcoin he liked (being a Bitcoin maximalist supremacist).

Then Tone discovered the truth about Dash's indefensible, scummy Instamine and trusted third party Masternode security holes.

In the eyes of the Evan's Gate cargo cult, this makes Tone a "troll."

My, how times have changed.

Tone Vays gives an endorsement to Dash in the latest Bitcoin Group Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG-_UzSeOKk&feature=youtu.be&t=191

Great! Tone is a really cool guy.

Credit where credit is due, this is some major league trolling.
If I understand Fluffy correctly, you could use your well known business connections to somehow DDOS the Masternodes, take over the network, finally de-anonymize a Private Send tx and become the Trump of the Dash network.

Go for it. As a MN-holder and DASH bull, I welcome stress tests.

On a more serious note, would be cool if some dev team members could respond. I know this has been done in the past, but Tone Vays and Fluffy cannot be simply ignored and labeled as trolls.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:20:04 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 12:43:06 PM by toknormal

When "obfuscation" is the name of your game it seems to extend to faux technical appraisals of competing coins too.

For example, if you're going to discuss "liquidity" (in the context of masternodes in this case) you should specify whether you're talking about:

• blockchain liquidity
 • market liquidity

A system that constrained blockchain liquidity would be something like what Bitbay is planning. Where coin movements are mechanically constrained in order to prevent them from going to market as part of an economic pegging strategy against another currency.

On the other hand, market liquidity varies with price and is determined by the aggregate propensity of traders to sell. To do an appraisal of market liquidity you just need to look at a market depth chart because it is a function of price.

Dash does not impose any blockchain liquidity constraints. None at all. When you open a wallet, all coins are equally liquid and the wallet doesn't care whether they happen to be collateraising a masternode or not. All address balances are all equally mobile.

Dash also does not impose any market constraints. Those are imposed voluntarily by holders. The network gives them an incentive to hold because Dash's monetary model is working as a store of value in the sense that the tokens are valuable and now have a finite lending rate which has been a design objective of this project from the outset. i.e. to build a true, unbacked monetary token as opposed to a blockchain based encryption tunnel.

To ignore these fundamental concepts and design objectives in any so called "technical appraisal" is like having a racing yacht designer appraise an ocean going trawler and diss it based on its adverse volume to weight ratio, power loading, hydrodynamic profiles and cargo capacity.

i.e. clueless  Wink

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:39:46 AM

Tone Vays and Fluffy cannot be simply ignored and labeled as trolls.

Too late, that ship has already sailed. I think they are both very open about being contrarian trolls and would take offensive to you suggesting otherwise. Tongue They wear it as a badge of honor like the BU guys  Roll Eyes

I have not taken the time to listen yet but from what has been reported they/fluffy purposely got a lot of the facts wrong and tone was totally uneducated on our features like the DGBB funding. Tone is a BTC maximalist and his shtick is trolling all the alts, he's harmless.

I'm sure somebody will debunk all of it line by line at some point. It has already mostly been done in slack, youtube and on reddit. Sounds like Fluffy is reading from the same old script that myself and others have debunked long long ago.
Tao may be putting something together, I don't have time right now and the next week or so is going to be totally crazy for a lot of us.
 I've linked one of my old post debunking monero's old scripts for whoever wants to do a proper line by line response to the FUD.

November 19, 2015, 05:41:24 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13018214;topicseen#msg13018214

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:36:05 PM

I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes, but what I saw is:

-xmr (rank 5) decreasing since one month, Dash (rank 6) increasing since one month. So fluffy once again in full conflict of interest.

-2 kids crying about instamine

-We have proof that Fluffy didn't even make his home work, and know nothing about Dash:

So my reaction (Like a lot of Youtube comments) was:

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 03:51:03 PM

Too late, that ship has already sailed. I think they are both very open about being contrarian trolls and would take offensive to you suggesting otherwise. Tongue They wear it as a badge of honor like the BU guys  Roll Eyes

I have not taken the time to listen yet but from what has been reported they/fluffy purposely got a lot of the facts wrong and tone was totally uneducated on our features like the DGBB funding. Tone is a BTC maximalist and his shtick is trolling all the alts, he's harmless.

I'm sure somebody will debunk all of it line by line at some point. It has already mostly been done in slack, youtube and on reddit. Sounds like Fluffy is reading from the same old script that myself and others have debunked long long ago.
Tao may be putting something together, I don't have time right now and the next week or so is going to be totally crazy for a lot of us.
 I've linked one of my old post debunking monero's old scripts for whoever wants to do a proper line by line response to the FUD.

November 19, 2015, 05:41:24 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13018214;topicseen#msg13018214

Your ancient 2015 post does nothing to debunk the latest/current Dash issues discussed on Tone's show, such the unresolved fiasco with Lamassu ATM integration.

When did Tone Vays say he was a "contrarian troll?"

Last I heard, he was the darling of the dirty DashHoles.

If Tone actually is "very open" about being a "contrarian troll" it should be easy for you to find a link to back up your unsourced assertion.

You also assert "they/fluffy purposely got a lot of the facts wrong" yet do not specify even a singe example of a fact they got wrong.

Try to RTFA before parroting the gainsaying and spin from your cult enforcers.

Credit where due to Macno for recognizing that simply calling everyone and everything a "troll" isn't going to fix the PR problems resulting from Dash's Instamine, Masternode HYIP, centralized governance, unaccountable project spending, etc.

Pretending there was nothing new in the Tone/Fluffy interview makes you a liar.  How can they be reading from "the same old script that myself and others have debunked long long ago" when they discuss topics that are new and ongoing (such as Dash's shady DGBB funding)?

Just face it, Dash got fucking REKT in that interview based on its past AND its present.

EG, https://youtu.be/VrKU0Ymta-U?t=35m20s

(Fluffy) "The problem here is that Masternodes voted for [the expensive, fruitless Lamassu integration project] and it was paid for from that central budget..."

(Tone) "Ahhhh [Now I grok why Dash's wasteful projects indicate a failure of their governance model]!"

(Fluffy) "...it's now like, WHAT'S THE POINT OF YOUR VOTING AND GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE IF YOU'RE FUNDING SCAMS?"

Your flimsy Clinton Defense ("that's old news") doesn't do anything except make you look brittle and unable to offer a better refutation.

And then there's this:  http://praisemonero.org/?extUrl=https://www.dash.org/

Now that is some major league trolling!   Cool Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:59:56 PM

Dash got fucking REKT in that interview based on its past AND its present.

I'll need to start one of those "bitcoin obituary" things for Dash, except a #REKT one  Cheesy

(Could maybe superimpose it on top of a steadily growing 21-week EMA for effect).

No shortage of contributions to choose from anyway (although all from only about 3 1 people sadly)   Sad
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 04:20:18 PM

Dash got fucking REKT in that interview based on its past AND its present.

I'll need to start one of those "bitcoin obituary" things for Dash, except a #REKT one  Cheesy

(Could maybe superimpose it on top of a steadily growing 21-week EMA for effect).

No shortage of contributions to choose from anyway (although all from only about 3 1 people sadly)   Sad

It sure is easier to attack-the-attackers than defend Dash's shortcomings and failures, isn't it?

Keep it up.  Show the world the Dash community fails to respond substantively to criticism because they are incapable of justifying obvious money grabs like Evan's Instamine and Masternode oligarchy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:42:12 PM

Who is Tone Veys? Who is fluffyponzipony? Who cares about their opinions?

They didn't even bother to look at facts and to understand how, for example, Instantsend works. Fluff lies intentionally with contempt like fraudster (or he is indeed an idiot) that there are two or three locks on tx, minute later says that there is one tx lock, to show people how "easy" Instantsend is to attack. What a lying FraudsterPony.

If they say they love Dash...whatever.

If they say they hate Dash...whatever. Who cares about such "educated" and "professional" opinion?

I watched it for 3m only, and ouch, how pathetic and childish those idiots look when they pose as an experts.
Well they surely should work for Hilary Clinton at CNN or wright for Washington Post.

I gave them to much attention and credit for even watching them for three minutes.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

It sure is easier to attack-the-attackers than defend Dash's shortcomings and failures, isn't it?

Not really.

The Design Objectives that Were Conveniently Left out of that Appraisal
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12823282#msg12823282

Tech Stocks vs Monetary Stocks and Why Dash is Persuing the Latter
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg17491202#msg17491202

Why Balancing "Dark" and "Light" Markets Work and Why Instant Transactions are a Priority for Dash
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13239732#msg13239732
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13366974#msg13366974

Symmetric Risk Mitigation for Low Confirmation Payments - Why Dash is MORE Secure Than Bitcion, not Less
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13328511#msg13328511

Pricing in "Everything" vs Pricing in "the Launch"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg11054151#msg11054151

Why Dash's Privacy Model is Optimal for an Unbacked Store of Value Token
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg17687393#msg17687393

Who gets a voice with the Governance Model ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433982.msg14584154#msg14584154

Happy reading Wink
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:57:30 PM

Not really.

The Design Objectives that Were Conveniently Left out of that Appraisal
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12823282#msg12823282

Tech Stocks vs Monetary Stocks and Why Dash is Persuing the Latter
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg17491202#msg17491202

Why Balancing "Dark" and "Light" Markets Work and Why Instant Transactions are a Priority for Dash
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13239732#msg13239732
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13366974#msg13366974

Symmetric Risk Mitigation for Low Confirmation Payments - Why Dash is MORE Secure Than Bitcion, not Less
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13328511#msg13328511

Pricing in "Everything" vs Pricing in "the Launch"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg11054151#msg11054151

Why Dash's Privacy Model is Optimal for an Unbacked Store of Value Token
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg17687393#msg17687393

Who gets a voice with the Governance Model ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433982.msg14584154#msg14584154

Happy reading Wink

I just had to steal this basket of info for youtube. Thanks tok Smiley

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 05:01:12 PM

Who is Tone Veys?

Tone is an active, high profile Bitcoin investor.

DashHoles were singing his praises back when Dash was the *only* altcoin he liked.

But Tone was suddenly labeled as a "troll" after he discovered Evan's Instamine and dropped Dash like a hot, toxic potato.

Now that I've answered your question, why don't you try to answer this one?

Quote from: fluffypony

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:17:52 PM

Tone is an active, high profile Bitcoin investor

I see you're hard at work today. Thought you might get a break after that little staged hit piece Wink

No rest for the wicked it seems  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 [6140] 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: