Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:17:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 [6196] 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:05:09 PM

Proposal: Business Development - Major Exchange

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-major-exchange.12881/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash into a major exchange with fiat trading.

Why Aren't We Seeing Greater Adoption of Cryptocurrency?
https://youtu.be/zrIul2OGsQE

Published on Jan 23, 2017
Ryan Taylor defines two reasons crypto hasn't gone mainstream yet -- and it may not be the reasons you've been told elsewhere. This is the speech delivered by the Director of Finance of Dash at The North American Bitcoin Conference, 2017.

Learn more by visiting http://dash.org

Original presentation here: https://youtu.be/Tn2s6IHAL4A

Get social with us:
- Dash Slack: http://dashnation.com/chat
- DASH: Detailed Homepage: http://dashdetailed.com
- DASH: Detailed Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashdetailed
- Dash Homepage: http://dash.org
- Dash Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashpay

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Two things i don't want to get buried with all the Dash drama and the totally off topic trolling post.

LIVE Interview and QA: Amanda B. Johnson of DASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRhi6_E8il4

This last one is really good, packed with info for the newbie's and old heads alike....
Dash: The new Cryptocurrency player with more Features than Bitcoin - Amanda Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-DCRNAKiM

I like this one too...

Dash Unveils Largest Software Upgrade Since Inception
http://paymentweek.com/2017-2-6-dash-unveils-largest-software-upgrade-since-inception/

Another good one to add to my collection. This is huge and could potentially lead to purse.io, coinbase and many others integrating Dash!!!

Proposal: Business Development - BlockCypher Integration

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-blockcypher.13253/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash with BlockCypher, an API hot-wallet service.

I think purse.io Dash integration is very likely now!

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:21:23 PM

I still sense a bullish trend : http://newbium.com/markets/buysell/DASH.html

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

There.. Fixed it  Grin

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:45:17 PM

Sry, I ment this:
I like what toknormal said awhile back, and have been turning it over in my mind. The summarized version is:

Monero is essentially maxed-out. Their sole value proposition is that you can buy illegal shit with their coin, and by being accepted on all the major darknet markets, they've essentially achieved their growth objectives. I honestly congratulate them--2600% growth in the last year is truly stunning--but there isn't much further they can go.

The good news is that Dash has not aligned itself with any single use case. People can use our product for a staggering array of reasons: privacy, instant transactions, a solid governance model, a two-tier incentivized network, a treasury system that is funding continuous development...

So congrats to the Monero team on the result of all their hard work. Now I'll watch them hang out in the $200 million market cap range while we continue to climb.

Care to make an escrowed bet (Ognasty/Blazed could be options as an escrow) that by the end of year Monero will have outperformed Dash from now (Feb 17th, 2017) until Dec 31st 2017?

XMR = 0.01257 BTC
DASH = 0.01909 BTC

Bet amount = 1 BITCOIN

We can have the proceeds of the bet sent to a charity of our choice once the wager is done.

If you win, my part of the wager goes to the charity of your choice.

If I win, your part of the wager goes back to the charity of my choice.

In either case the winner keeps their original bet amount.

Let me know.

Smoothie, whwere are you?

Doesn't that bet entail Dash has to be ahead of Monero at the end of 2017? seems like we are calling the game short considering we are in February. Or does that bet mean Monero has to always outperform dash throughout the whole year? Which if that is the case....kind of a stupid bet for him to make.

Maybe they invoked the mercy rule.

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 07:35:03 PM

As I said: 1 inch per Dollar

Suck it PuffyPonzi, suck it good!

Manuro EPIC REKT: confirmed

iCEHOLE on Suicide Watch. Arielshit found drowned in a pool of his own diarrhea.

wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:54:49 PM

careful...sell high, and be wary of riding this pump..

this is an easy pump..too many coins locked in masternodes (making an artificial increase in valuation), too few big holders of this coin(instamined), and too few in circulation..

just look at DASH btc-e and poloniex sell orders combined..just less than 20K? compare it at poloniex LTC ~150k,  ETH ~400k, XMR ~320k at sell orders...

remember DASH was once marked in coinmarketcap as a premined coin...until a very aggressive protest was done by DASH shills around here Wink

People keep it in masternodes because masternodes offer value to the network and receive a compensation.
People keep dash in masternodes because they have a long term belief in the project.
This is not artificial, just smart design and smart vision.
Few big holders is not an issue for the network if these big holders are smart people with a long term vision, which it seems they are.
What do you think is better, premined network that creates value for the users and creates value to non-users of crypto by reaching out to them, or a non-premined network that is lacking in dynamism and innovation ?
Yes selling pressure will come from big holders, but they would be stupid to start selling now IMHO. They should wait for DASH to be at least at 0.1 BTC.
You think 0.1 BTC is too high ? Well, some of the big holders know they are going after the king bitcoin, their vision is to overtake BTC long term.

Now I agree that this ride is too fast and will correct, but it might bring DASH to another level in the short term so holding might be the best strategy if you are not a trader.

Dude, very nicely explained
 Grin

asnghost

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:03:36 PM

Dash price reaches All time high of $29

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:10:55 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2017, 08:28:52 PM by smoothie

Sry, I ment this:
I like what toknormal said awhile back, and have been turning it over in my mind. The summarized version is:

Monero is essentially maxed-out. Their sole value proposition is that you can buy illegal shit with their coin, and by being accepted on all the major darknet markets, they've essentially achieved their growth objectives. I honestly congratulate them--2600% growth in the last year is truly stunning--but there isn't much further they can go.

The good news is that Dash has not aligned itself with any single use case. People can use our product for a staggering array of reasons: privacy, instant transactions, a solid governance model, a two-tier incentivized network, a treasury system that is funding continuous development...

So congrats to the Monero team on the result of all their hard work. Now I'll watch them hang out in the $200 million market cap range while we continue to climb.

Care to make an escrowed bet (Ognasty/Blazed could be options as an escrow) that by the end of year Monero will have outperformed Dash from now (Feb 17th, 2017) until Dec 31st 2017?

XMR = 0.01257 BTC
DASH = 0.01909 BTC

Bet amount = 1 BITCOIN

We can have the proceeds of the bet sent to a charity of our choice once the wager is done.

If you win, my part of the wager goes to the charity of your choice.

If I win, your part of the wager goes back to the charity of my choice.

In either case the winner keeps their original bet amount.

Let me know.

Smoothie, whwere are you?

Doesn't that bet entail Dash has to be ahead of Monero at the end of 2017? seems like we are calling the game short considering we are in February. Or does that bet mean Monero has to always outperform dash throughout the whole year? Which if that is the case....kind of a stupid bet for him to make.

@AzzAz I'm right here.  Kiss

That bet is now 8 days old.

If anyone wants to use the current price of Monero 0.0098BTC and Dash = 0.02399BTC as the starting price for the bet I'll take it. Had someone made the bet on the 17th I would have taken it. But I'm still game...

You can't take the bet after the fact using the price I posted 7-8 days ago.

The bet entails that monero will outperform dash %wise measured in BTC from TODAY (Feb 24th until Dec 31st 2017). The bet means that you take the delta of the price from today until Dec31st 2017 (forum time) and if XMR % is > DASH % difference from its starting value measured in BTC, I win, if not, I lose.

If anyone wants to take the bet (as described above in my original post from 7 days ago, but with the new values of today's prices), let me know in this thread and PM me so we can arrange escrow to hold the BTC until Dec 31st.

Who is going to step up and take the bet?

You have 24 hours to take it otherwise I will either choose not to do the bet or use the current prices at the time of the bet being made that I post here.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:24:39 PM

A fair bet would be from the time when dash and that other one were priced the same.  Roll Eyes

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:27:55 PM

A fair bet would be from the time when dash and that other one were priced the same.  Roll Eyes

A bet is a bet, there is no "fair" or "unfair". Either someone takes it or no one takes it.

Pretty simple.  Roll Eyes

Reason: The amount of DASH in circulation total < Monero total.

So in that measurement it isn't "fair". lol  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 08:45:16 PM

Congratulations on this epic pump!

What a monumental triumph of Dash's marketing over other coins' technology.

And to our daily detractors in this thread, I don't often say this due to my Canadian politeness, but you can just go suck it.

Per your paid shilling agreement known as 'Dash_Nation' you agreed not to say things "like you can just go suck it."

The impact of compensated Dash_Nation minions rude behavior on the project was discussed at length.

Comments like "you can just go suck it" were explicitly disallowed.

Source:

The Dash Force team consists of the following members:

InTheWoods - Dash slack owner and mod
The Desert Lynx - known crypto journalist
Macrochip - Dash slack mod, Dashpay reddit mod
SovereignBTC - Sovereign BTC podcast author
Tao - active Dash community member who runs the TaoOfSatoshi Twitter account
Elisha - Dash Times owner and author
Buster - Darq.io/The Cryptoreport author and Dash publick slack owner/mod

Tungfa: how do we know this will not 'drift off' into trolling / bad language / harassing other coins / .... as other communities have shown using these kind of efforts?  i totally agree and am NOT pushing to go there (negative) at all - the opposite (positive, professional well 'behaved' is the way forward!

thedesertlynx: It's easy to control the 7. For one, they have already been hand-picked by the project lead to properly represent the Dash community. Second, if they screw up after the first month, the project can either be defunded or a lone offending member can be booted.

InTheWoods: Dash Force will be a well coordinated team effort. No one member will wonder off and do his own thing.

itscrazybro: As Tungfa said, we need to be seen as a positive professional community and that means absolutely no trolling, swearing or anything like that.  If you guys could lay down some guidelines/rules (no trolling, no swearing) and promise if anyone breaks those guidelines/rules that they will be off the team, then I would feel a whole lot better about this.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:06:22 PM

Hey Icey! Have you started trolling us on the protocol level yet?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 09:21:15 PM

Hey Icey! Have you started trolling us on the protocol level yet?

Dont give away too many of the secrets before the fun begins Wink

Lips sealed  <---(lips sealed)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 09:36:46 PM

dam dash is on fire, will we see the 50$ mark soon? i think we will very soon

I don't think so. The value is now too high IMO. We are growing too fast.

We need to see the deployment of the Evolution project (with all the features included) for that. Even then.... i don't know for sure.

The problem is our competitors. In the alt world only Ethereum is a worthy rival.

X-posted from Dash Nation Slack:

I've seen several people in this slack who are worried about when the correction will come. This is very reasonable, and commendable even. Don't get caught up in the FOMO. I don't see a correction coming on the price of Dash (other than the typical oscillations, but nothing like going back to .017 or anything). It's important to remember that technically DASH is not worth $26 apiece. DASH is worth .022 BTC each, and BTC is worth 1160 each.

DASH's actual price (in Bitcoin terms) is at a reasonable level that we've seen several times before. As @toknormal  points out, there is every reason to believe that this price can and will climb in the coming weeks/months.

The second thing to remember is that the vast majority of our USD price gain comes from the BTC rise. We were at .0245 a year ago (or was it two?), but at that time our price was only $6, because BTC was sub-$300.  The reason we're seeing such high valuations right now is because we are increasing in price (in BTC terms) while BTC is increasing in price (in USD terms).

I fully expect a correction of BTC before the ETF news comes out, but of course I could be wrong. Also, a successful ETF throws all the charts and TA out the window.

Try not to think of it in terms of "Dash went from $8 to $26, so when is the bottom going to fall out?" Try to think of it in terms of "Dash went from .016 to .022, which is a reasonable increase over a couple month period." IMO of course...not investment advice, etc.

Have to agree with this for the most part. This price isn't really anything new in terms of BTC so we can't say Dash went from $8 to $26 to quickly. Most people invested in Dash probably got in through Bitcoin. I do think there will be a correction and looking at the chart you can see multiple flash drops. In one five minute candle we were at .0245 and .0225. That is almost a 10% fluctuation during a five minute cycle, obviously indicating the market is a little uneasy with the rise. In just three days Dash went from .018 to .024, a 60% rise. I don't think anything changed during those three days to justify a 60% increase. So we will probably see a mild correction, but this time around Dash might stay above .02 and keep that as a new bottom. If that happens, then that is pretty good price progress.

I don't know but lately I've seen some massive volumes in the Dash / US$ market, getting the impression myself its starting driving the price. I imagine many investors are reluctant to buy with their precious bitcoin hoard but don't mind throwing toilet paper fiat at it.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:52:01 PM

The Dash Force team consists of the following members:

InTheWoods - Dash slack owner and mod
The Desert Lynx - known crypto journalist
Macrochip - Dash slack mod, Dashpay reddit mod
SovereignBTC - Sovereign BTC podcast author
Tao - active Dash community member who runs the TaoOfSatoshi Twitter account
Elisha - Dash Times owner and author
Buster - Darq.io/The Cryptoreport author and Dash publick slack owner/mod

Just going to point out.  InTheWoods and Buster are in no way supporting Dash anymore.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:04:39 PM

Congratulations on this epic pump!

What a monumental triumph of Dash's marketing over other coins' technology.

OK, good job on bumping up marketcap while the core and mobile wallets are so buggy they crash or can't IS.  My guess is this pump was needed to get on the "undisclosed exchange"?

Who gives the signal to head back down to .01 BTC again?
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:22:26 PM

Looking for info?

Proposal: Business Development - Major Exchange

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-major-exchange.12881/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash into a major exchange with fiat trading.

Why Aren't We Seeing Greater Adoption of Cryptocurrency?
https://youtu.be/zrIul2OGsQE

Published on Jan 23, 2017
Ryan Taylor defines two reasons crypto hasn't gone mainstream yet -- and it may not be the reasons you've been told elsewhere. This is the speech delivered by the Director of Finance of Dash at The North American Bitcoin Conference, 2017.

Learn more by visiting http://dash.org

Original presentation here: https://youtu.be/Tn2s6IHAL4A

Get social with us:
- Dash Slack: http://dashnation.com/chat
- DASH: Detailed Homepage: http://dashdetailed.com
- DASH: Detailed Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashdetailed
- Dash Homepage: http://dash.org
- Dash Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashpay

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Two things i don't want to get buried with all the Dash drama and the totally off topic trolling post.

LIVE Interview and QA: Amanda B. Johnson of DASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRhi6_E8il4

This last one is really good, packed with info for the newbie's and old heads alike....
Dash: The new Cryptocurrency player with more Features than Bitcoin - Amanda Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-DCRNAKiM

I like this one too...

Dash Unveils Largest Software Upgrade Since Inception
http://paymentweek.com/2017-2-6-dash-unveils-largest-software-upgrade-since-inception/

Another good one to add to my collection. This is huge and could potentially lead to purse.io, coinbase and many others integrating Dash!!!

Proposal: Business Development - BlockCypher Integration

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-blockcypher.13253/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash with BlockCypher, an API hot-wallet service.

I think purse.io Dash integration is very likely now!

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:52:51 PM

This will be a bumpy ride... yes sir   Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:06:08 PM

I can see a new ATH 0.03+ in the coming days!

Once blockcypher, major exchange integrations are complete, purse.io, coinbase, bitstamp etc....easillyy $50-$100

Evolution = $100-$150++++
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:08:21 PM

I can see a new ATH 0.03+ in the coming days!

Once blockcypher integration is complete, purse.io, coinbase, bitsamp etc....easillyy $50-$100

Evolution = $100-$150++++

Dash still needs to tackle its ATH (in BTC), so yeah i was thinking the 0.03+ range myself too.
After that its anyone's guess.

Edit : Dash ranks 4 again on coinmarketcap. I think this little chair dance between Dash and Litecoin is coming to an end soon.

Pages: « 1 ... 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 [6196] 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: