Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 [6245] 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:19:34 PM

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-price-rise-explained.13511/

i think that article from Cointelegraph was written before the rather spectacular price rise of today
Yes Sir, one or two days agó.
Btw, just passed .06!  Cool
Mugamer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:27:29 PM

Dash is really impressive , I have bought 100 dsh 4 weeks ago and I transfer them to private core wallet and I did not remember where I put my wallet ? Today , I suddenly recover my mind that I put it in my wife's laptop . I can not believe that Dash is increasing very highly and I have got more 150% profits . That's so great, guys.
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:29:36 PM

i think that article from Cointelegraph was written before the rather spectacular price rise of today

It's amazing to make easy and quick money today it's going crazy. It's going higher and higher so it seems soon it will be at $100.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:30:07 PM

It's amazing to make easy and quick money today it's going crazy. It's going higher and higher so it seems soon it will be at $100.
$100 is a milestone but I would believe that most Dash holders have far higher targets in mind.
Especially with the feature set that evolution will bring us. Just imagine where Dash will be if it starts to bring in our parents and grandparents to the world of crypto. They won't be waiting several days for the Bitcoin blockchain to get their transactions through that's for sure.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:50:00 PM

Who are the noobs that keep buying DASH at these levels?

People like Walter.

Hahaha - keep dreaming.... I bought many masternodes at < $2 a dash. My posting history is there for all to see.

Nice try ignorant troller Wink

Walter

Wasn't referring to WHEN you or anyone else bought (or is buying).

Was referring to your common sense and basic logical reasoning. For example, you still haven't figured out that you could realize 40 years worth of masternode revenue buy selling now. Most would agree that the decision not to take windfall profits like that is an emotional one that sooner or later ends up bad.

Again, I would say most are like you: emotional investors speculators gamblers who like the thrill of gambling and have no idea what they're getting into. If that weren't true, you'd have sold at 60 (or you'd be glued to your screen right now watching closely for the coming reversal . . . but that takes expertise . . . don't get cute and just take your 40 years' profits now while you can).

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It's ok though.

Walter

P.S. If I sold now I'd be 'realising' approx. 7.2 years of masternode revenue, based on an approx. 10% yield. Why not just hold and have twice as many masternodes in 7.2 years?

Yo, Walter, $1,000 componded at 10% per annum turns into $60,240.07 in exactly 43 years.

You don't even need a special calculator. Just google it. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=compound+interest+calculator

(Since you bought at 2, it will only take you 36 years to get to $61,825.36.)

Now that was tough.

... what was I saying about your kind of "investing"?

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 06:22:14 PM

People like Walter.

Hahaha - keep dreaming.... I bought many masternodes at < $2 a dash. My posting history is there for all to see.

Walter

Was referring to your common sense and basic logical reasoning. For example, you still haven't figured out that you could realize 40 years worth of masternode revenue buy selling now. Most would agree that the decision not to take windfall profits like that is an emotional one that sooner or later ends up bad.

Again, I would say most are like you: emotional investors speculators gamblers who like the thrill of gambling and have no idea what they're getting into. If that weren't true, you'd have sold at 60 (or you'd be glued to your screen right now watching closely for the coming reversal . . . but that takes expertise . . . don't get cute and just take your 40 years' profits now while you can).

Walter

P.S. If I sold now I'd be 'realising' approx. 7.2 years of masternode revenue, based on an approx. 10% yield. Why not just hold and have twice as many masternodes in 7.2 years?

Yo, Walter, $1,000 componded at 10% per annum turns into $60,240.07 in exactly 43 years.

You don't even need a special calculator. Just google it. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=compound+interest+calculator

Now that was tough.

Its So cute that you care about us all soooooo much to give us such caring investment advice.  Its so heart warming....Thanks sooo much, I feel like I have a guardian angel in here with you and the rest of the trolls watching out for us all. 
spatula

Activity: 507

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:23:19 PM

People like Walter.

Walter

Walter

Now that was tough.

First, compounding happens not annually, but is dependent on the number of masternodes you own (when you can spin up another). Second, he is in full ROI the entire time, as the original assets are still available to him. Also, why are you comparing his future interest gains to what he would realize now by selling the base asset? Do you have an alternate plan for him to put his now realized gains to work that will earn a similar return?

Walter (like most of us) think DASH will continue to go up in buying power over the long term. Just like any other investment asset that someone holds, they hold it because of increased future value. Walter has a way to help the value of his investment outside of just holding, by providing services to the network. Also he gets interest payments as the cherry on top.
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:41:08 PM

People like Walter.

Walter

Walter

Now that was tough.

Again, you've just demonstrated your complete incomprehension on the subject of investment and the miracle of compounding returns.

If I sell my holdings right now I forego a 10% coupon (yield) plus the benefit of future capital growth/gains. I will also realise a huge capital gain tax liability if i sell today, which would be taxed at around 30%. I also happen to believe that the future capital growth prospects are still very good with Dash.

So, on that basis, please tell me why I would sell Dash right now?

Where can I redeploy my capital (minus 30% tax) and earn a 10% coupon plus further capital returns? Also bear in mind that it will have to make up for the loss of 30% of my capital investment I've just had to pay to the tax man, capital that I can't earn a return on anymore? (but that would continue to earn returns for me if I didn't realise the gain through sale)...

In fact, don't bother trying to answer... Save your breath! If you knew the answer you wouldn't be making such dumb assertions in the first place.

Walter
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

Building Dash masternodes is good, at some point you will feel like a multi-millionaire. But an attempt to redeem even 10% of this wealth will dump Dash to trash...

Dash presently has a daily trading volume of $50 million USD. If you think that cashing out 10% of my masternodes will "dump Dash to trash" then you clearly think I'm far wealthier than I am!

I think one of Dash problems is that it is privately owned. What happens if Evan is arrested and sentenced for money laundering, tax evasion or any other illegal activity? He is a U.S. resident as far as I see, that might be a real problem.

I don't know what you mean by "privately owned." If Evan gets arrested then that would suck really bad for Evan. Fortunately, he'd have plenty of money to defend himself. I don't see how it has any impact on Dash, given that our development team has grown to something like 30 people.

Nice try on the money laundering thing--not like we haven't heard it a thousand times now. We've hired a top-tier law firm to do legal research on the matter and are told that running a masternode is legally about the same as running a Tor exit node. (Minotaur is preparing to post it shortly.)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
btctube

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:51:00 PM

It seems too long to understand everything and there are some trolls just making my head spin which results me not understanding all the posts here  Huh
Why is DASH kept moving up, the last time I saw it the price was just $49, whats going on here?
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:53:37 PM

Were you here a few years ago recommending that BTC holders sell the first time bitcoin reached $70? Why would we sell when we believe our currency is superior even to that one?

Furthermore, if I sell one masternode for $70,000 today, how exactly am I realizing 40 years of masternode revenue? When we reach the point where Bitcoin is now, we'll make that much revenue in TWO MONTHS. Why the hell would anybody sell now for $70 when we can sell in a few years for $1000?

Sure, eventually (probably) the trend will reverse (temporarily) and we'll drop back down a bit in price. Then we'll climb back up. Look at a Bitcoin chart.

Dash - Digital Cash
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:57:58 PM

It seems too long to understand everything and there are some trolls just making my head spin which results me not understanding all the posts here  Huh
Why is DASH kept moving up, the last time I saw it the price was just $49, whats going on here?

Short answer: 60% of all DASH is stored in masternodes which generate an 8.5 DASH per month dividend for their owners. Most of these masternode owners are long-term holders who really enjoy getting paid a 9% annual ROI for doing nothing but running a node.

More people want to buy DASH, but these masternode owners are not being enticed to sell their holdings, meaning you have more buyers competing for very few sellers. As the price rises, maybe owners of DASH will be enticed to sell their holdings. Considering that many of us think DASH is worth way more than $70 each, it could take awhile...

We have:

a) Instant transactions
b) Privacy features
c) Governance model
d) Self-funding that allows us to spend (at present levels) several million dollars per year on our own development or on integration with other businesses, etc.

Bitcoin has none of those things. How are we not a better Bitcoin?

Network effect? Pfft. When we have a massive budget system and can fund integrations with existing Bitcoin partners, don't expect "network effect" to protect Bitcoin much longer.

Dash - Digital Cash
Legendary

Activity: 1382

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:12:20 PM

Use the ignore button, it does wonders for your sanity!

My speculation; many Bitcoin holders just realized that there won't be an ETF any time soon, so no jump up in price. The block size debate shows that Bitcoin has a governance problem as it is really hard to reach a consensus across the parties in Bitcoin. Dash has a proven model that works. It pays for its development, marketing and security.

The Dash network can do instant confirmation transactions. Bitcoin can't. The masternode network could be used to do some 200 transactions a second, Bitcoin only 3.5/s. All in all, Dash a richer technology than Bitcoin. My take on it is holders of Bitcoin might want to hedge their bets and put some profits into Dash. If/when Dash reaches 0.1 BTC they will be happy with the profits. Question then is, if they want to cash out or start to abandon Bitcoin all together?
holydarkness
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1417

Yes, I'm an asshole

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:39:00 PM

Use the ignore button, it does wonders for your sanity!

My speculation; many Bitcoin holders just realized that there won't be an ETF any time soon, so no jump up in price. The block size debate shows that Bitcoin has a governance problem as it is really hard to reach a consensus across the parties in Bitcoin. Dash has a proven model that works. It pays for its development, marketing and security.

The Dash network can do instant confirmation transactions. Bitcoin can't. The masternode network could be used to do some 200 transactions a second, Bitcoin only 3.5/s. All in all, Dash a richer technology than Bitcoin. My take on it is holders of Bitcoin might want to hedge their bets and put some profits into Dash. If/when Dash reaches 0.1 BTC they will be happy with the profits. Question then is, if they want to cash out or start to abandon Bitcoin all together?

I must say I am surprised about this too. Last night, I sleep at 0.04 after it goes up and down a while in between 0.045. I spent the day witnessing it kept going up and up until almost 1.5 times than last night. In a day!

Though, my question is (or rather... are), does this up trend is just a small fluctuation like what happened with most other coin (I remember when DOGE was really high) or will it go stable around these numbers? My point: is it good idea to start holding while they are this high? Lest we wanted is trapped on a very high price and forced to do a severely cutloss

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:47:04 PM

I want to thank all Instawhine FUDers for having prolonged the accumulation time for so long and thanks for every Dash that was dumped on me by that Evil Evan Mastermind  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:50:29 PM

I think Amanda needs to do another Dash Detailed episode soon, i'm thinking : Dash best day yet .. yet again ?   Grin
What an unbelieveable day / weekend / year this turns out to be  Smiley

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:07:50 PM

I think Amanda needs to do another Dash Detailed episode soon, i'm thinking : Dash best day yet .. yet again ?   Grin
What an unbelieveable day / weekend / year this turns out to be  Smiley

It's pretty amazing!

I'm coming to see if the community would like a dedicated DASH T-shirt store! I have it pretty much built out just making sure there is some interest in this. Looking forward to seeing DASH go places  Grin

P.S
Also, if you are a graphic designer please get in touch with me ( for a partnership ).
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:31:55 PM

Marketcap for Dash crossed the $500,000,000

Coindesk / Jameson Lopp  : if you are reading this, please make an article "Nobody understands Dash (And thats okay)"

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:43:39 PM

a) Instant transactions
b) Privacy features
c) Governance model
d) Self-funding that allows us to spend (at present levels) several million dollars per year on our own development or on integration with other businesses, etc.

a) In BTC most transations that are in mempool are automatically confirmed so far by 10/10 my of my stores that i have used Steam/Bitgild/InPay
they don't wait for confirmation so i can fair say that Bitcoin transactions are INSTANT in use now. If company use bitpay as payment processor this is 100% true.
b) bitcoin also have their coin mixers - true that now that cost more
c) Governance model - it hard to say what is better because democracy is failed system it run in favor for those who have money to make them richer.
Bitcoin is truly decentralized this has its + and - . Big - is scaling problem big + is large resistance to any changes.
It is easier to shut down those 2000 master nodes than system not relaying on them.
Dash is going more in some kind more digital company path than real money.
If company is good Dash will rise like company it can get size like company like Paypal why not but that will be company at end.

d) Self-funding - you know this is for long debate but problem is that you will never know what project will be ok and how money will be used at end.
Bitcoin has no funding model and parties that are realing on businesses they are ordering features this is quite good because it is more efficient.
Dash vs Bitcoin are 2 kinds systems with BTC sellers/stores/services push fund features that will give them income while in DASH nodes votes for stuff for them good.
From my perspective Bitcoin model will be more efficient because people will never put own money on something that won't give return while in Dash you have pool of cash that you have to spend and you look for project to FUN it can be scam or not. This is like EU donations to special projects god this is just money sing and people are wasting money.
Personally I don't believe that Dash system will be more efficient than bitcoin because BTC have more decentralized system of funding.
In Bitcoin end users have motivation to improve BTC while in DASH masternodes owners have mostly motivation in improve coin whatever that means.
If masternode owners will be masterminds they will blow up BTC if not they will fuck up at some point.

We will see in 4years how it will end and will DASH be top coin or after that real pump will be forgotten like LTC Sad... Good luck guys.

PS: From more moral reasons I would keep away from Dash (that instamine part)

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
sevenrustlust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:44:50 PM

the fuck is happening to dash? lol it was 0.02 last week O_O 0.06 now!! crazy
Pages: « 1 ... 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 [6245] 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: