Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2024, 12:22:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9723377 times)
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:04:10 AM

hey guys, is it wise to mine both CPU and GPU on the same computer? Will mining both affect the performance of either?

Thats change nothing to mh/s but watt yes Grin

mean kh/s per watt goes dow if you use CPU too.

Not problem if you have free watt

hmm...not quite sure I understand? Do you mean my electricity cost will go up? I expect that due to more power being used, but won't the hashrate increase overall?

thats what he said. test it yourself and see Wink
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:30:14 AM

Some asshole is messing with the Cryptsy orderbook. They really need to find a fix to these trading bots and the massive number of orders that they place to obfuscate where the real orders are.

Out buying the bot costs about $10 an hour. If that small amount can break this coin then that just sucks.

The cryptsy high frequency trader bot has managed to crash LOTS of coins.  I watched that one bot take Cashcoin from .00019 to .000015.  Same bot has crashed VTC, Darkcoin, and several other coins as well.  Cryptsy is ran by some serious morons letting that thing operate there.  They need better control of minimum orders and minimum fee per order so you can't spam the entire board with sells for .00002 BTC 24 hours a day for several coins at the same time.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:36:15 AM

Some asshole is messing with the Cryptsy orderbook. They really need to find a fix to these trading bots and the massive number of orders that they place to obfuscate where the real orders are.

Out buying the bot costs about $10 an hour. If that small amount can break this coin then that just sucks.

The cryptsy high frequency trader bot has managed to crash LOTS of coins.  I watched that one bot take Cashcoin from .00019 to .000015.  Same bot has crashed VTC, Darkcoin, and several other coins as well.  Cryptsy is ran by some serious morons letting that thing operate there.  They need better control of minimum orders and minimum fee per order so you can't spam the entire board with sells for .00002 BTC 24 hours a day for several coins at the same time.

If we petition them to set the minimum buy/sell of DRK to 1 then it should be ok... they have reasonable minimums on some other coins so 1drk.. shit, even .5drk would be a huge improvement.

Just bought 2btc more today and smashed through a bunch of bot orders... broke it above 0.00121 and it's accelerated from there. I'm tapped of BTC now... 100% in DRK
badman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:43:36 AM

I'd just like to know what they are, what they do, who hosts them?  Are these ip's from wallets?  Is that why I'm confused?

How are the 'addnode' s  created?  I don't get that part, LOL Smiley  But I do see what you mean above, and understand, just still curious about the other Smiley

Can you clarify what you mean?

Oh you know, those addnodes we put in our darkcoin folder?

addnode=54.80.16.112
addnode=23.23.186.131
addnode=50.16.206.102
addnode=50.19.116.123
addnode=98.165.130.67
addnode=54.242.50.205
addnode=50.17.98.53
addnode=54.225.43.37

Where do they come from?  What do they actually do?  Are they running some kind of software?  Are they websites?

Sorry I didn't know what you meant, it seems obvious in hindsight. Right now those are centralized DarkSend master nodes. They are static and never change, pretty much the same as Blockchain.info's CoinJoin mixer. The code Evan is working on will not need those. That's where the hash of the previous block comes in to play.

To summarize: hash(block) -> some kind of mapping -> IP address. Every client will simultaneously run this computation and know that that particular client is the master node. It will be seamless to the end user. You won't have to add any nodes to your config.

Evan(definitely) and InternetApe(assumption) are hosting them.

I guess I still want to know how they are created/function and presumably what software they run Smiley

We host a few full nodes, there's just normal darkcoind.
so does it need to be darkcoind or will the qt wallet work as well
i havent been able to get a wallet or darkcoind to compile on my computer so i am just using the precompiled qt
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:56:40 AM

If we petition them to set the minimum buy/sell of DRK to 1 then it should be ok... they have reasonable minimums on some other coins so 1drk.. shit, even .5drk would be a huge improvement.

Just bought 2btc more today and smashed through a bunch of bot orders... broke it above 0.00121 and it's accelerated from there. I'm tapped of BTC now... 100% in DRK

If you broke through those bots, and it took two whole bitcoins, I'm sad to say the bot came back and placed anther batch of sell orders again.  Yes, Cryptsy needs to do something about this!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
DieCommieScum

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:04:40 AM

If you broke through those bots, and it took two whole bitcoins, I'm sad to say the bot came back and placed anther batch of sell orders again.  Yes, Cryptsy needs to do something about this!

Precisely. Right now they are being permitted to clutter the orderbook with maybe .2btc... that cost needs to be elevated to increase their risk. Unfortunately I went balls deep around .0014, and have no BTC on the sidelines to do more bot-busting... and i'm so deep in DRK right now i'd be substantially overweight... I'd prefer any future investment be in specific projects.

EDIT: Tweeted @Cryptsy - Please do the same. https://twitter.com/epicrenamebro/status/445425877225320448
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:40:36 AM

In regards to the bots... it can be annoying but I think drk is doing really well. It looks very stable while most of the alts are getting killed. I predict an influx of btc to drk pretty soon. All that cashing out generally goes somewhere Lips sealed
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:43:59 AM

If you broke through those bots, and it took two whole bitcoins, I'm sad to say the bot came back and placed anther batch of sell orders again.  Yes, Cryptsy needs to do something about this!

Precisely. Right now they are being permitted to clutter the orderbook with maybe .2btc... that cost needs to be elevated to increase their risk. Unfortunately I went balls deep around .0014, and have no BTC on the sidelines to do more bot-busting... and i'm so deep in DRK right now i'd be substantially overweight... I'd prefer any future investment be in specific projects.

EDIT: Tweeted @Cryptsy - Please do the same. https://twitter.com/epicrenamebro/status/445425877225320448

Done!  Thanks for the easylink Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:44:07 AM

I've been babysitting the bot last night and this one except for the last few hours . . check out the 3-6 am yesterday. I only spent about 30 dollars to keep it there for those hours. Spacing out the buying has been key to keep it horizontal without running out of money. Literally sitting there waiting and then clicking on the order when it pops up and buy it seems to do the trick.

It doesn't cost too much if you wait for the bot and leave the big orders alone.

Also, that same bot does put out 1.xxxxxxx sells and buys all the time . . so you might want to aim a little higher than 1 drk minimum if you think they'll go for it.
kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:48:58 AM

Latest Bounties as at 14th March   

Fundraiser Donation Address: Xc8xGSP7FwWGPQpgw298z7NYdA8xJK8ooh   

Total bounty donations: 2240 DRK. Let's bring these bounties up!

Note: Bounties and amounts are subject to change. As more is donated to the pool, all bounty amounts will go up. Feedback welcome!   

*** PLEASE NOTE: Translation bounties will apply only to the new website, which is not yet launched! Expect it to be launched within a couple weeks. ***   

Bounty (DRK)   Description
261.22   New website design (using existing content; community will select the winner)
261.22   Professional vectorised logo, header & branded art (community will select the winner)
130.61   Chinese language translation of website
78.37   * Russian language translation of website
0.00   Spanish translation of website
52.24   Professionally produced infographic of darksend, reference: http://imgur.com/GXPvNgn
39.18   Reddit submission with a positive darkcoin message  with 100+ upvotes
130.61   get us listed on btc-e
39.18   explain darksend in layman's terms in 2-5 sentences (we'll pick the best)
65.31   reddit tipbot working in all major subreddits (at least top 100 by subscribers)
39.18   absolute beginner's guide to getting started with darkcoin (using wallet, screenshots)
65.31   Get everything working on mac (all recent versions of OS), including instructions
65.31   Get darkcoin support included in the official BAMT release
111.02   Professional grade video explaining darkcoin & darksend
130.61   Article at CoinDesk, Bitcoin Magazine, Forbes or Money Week
52.24   First new pool launched from 11th Mar to reach 1GH
39.18   Facebook acocunt with 100+ followers
39.18   Google+ acocunt with 100+ followers
130.61   * First ATM accepting Darkcoin
26.12   * Comprehensive media mailing list
195.92   * Optimise CUDAMiner to at least 70% of AMD cards' X11 performance relative to scrypt
45.71   * Accurate mining profitability calculator, including hashrate & power draw of common cards
45.71   * New CSS theme for /r/drkcoin subreddit, matching darkcoin.us/io (we'll pick the best submission)
195.92   * First decentralised exchange supporting DRK, trading some significant volume
--------------------------   
Total donated: 2240 DRK   

* Newly added   

Notes for CUDAMiner bounty: If a R9 280x gets 2100 kh/s in X11 and 750 kh/s in scrypt (a ratio of 2.Cool, X11 cudaminer performance should achieve at least: 0.7 * 2.8 = 1.96 times Nvidia CUDAMiner scrypt performance   

I can do this,pm me,pls.

give me doc.^O^
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:50:08 AM

Well, I went ahead and bought some btc again, it won't clear until Friday, but if Cryptsy doesn't do anything, I'll try to do my part then Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:51:54 AM

I can do this,pm me,pls.

That's great!  Please PM LimLims, because he might miss your post!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
DieCommieScum

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:07:51 AM

Well, I went ahead and bought some btc again, it won't clear until Friday, but if Cryptsy doesn't do anything, I'll try to do my part then Smiley

I have so much in DRK I can't justify anymore myself (4500), but if anyone is desperate to get in and can do BoA or Money Order, i'll facilitate (within limits).
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:12:04 AM

What's a BoA?

I seriously think you should hold on to that  Shocked  Cheesy

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:12:33 AM

Are any coins lost in the forking?

Well, unfortunately, some of the pools didn't update in time, so they were mining on the wrong blockchain.  Those coins were "lost" or invalid.

Not true.

I've updated my pool backend daemon in time and confirmed I'm on the correct chain but the p2pool network forked somehow on a later point and my miners lost some 100's of DRK for mining almost a whole day on a wrong block chain. It was not connected to the client update and desired hard fork. After some digging I got told to update the p2pool software too (btw why?) but this finally broke everything, the used "xcoin-hash" python-plugin (btw why new?) wasnt working on debian 7 at all. I've never seen so much going wrong. I'm on holidays right now and from remote I am forced to shut down my pool node until I can look into the issues mentioned above.

I really see future in this coin, I hope this wont happen again and the devs wont rush new updates.

I'm sorry for the miners on my node not noticing they are on the wrong chain.
kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 06:14:59 AM

I can do this,pm me,pls.

That's great!  Please PM LimLims, because he might miss your post!

thks,I have translated the another website and client.
PM,now~~~ ^O^ wait reply.
DieCommieScum

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:19:41 AM

What's a BoA?

I seriously think you should hold on to that  Shocked  Cheesy

Bank Of America, it's essentially the largest USA bank... any transfer into it I received for the purchase of DRK would be immediately (via coinbase) be turned into BTC->DRK... less a small fee.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:20:14 AM

Are any coins lost in the forking?

Well, unfortunately, some of the pools didn't update in time, so they were mining on the wrong blockchain.  Those coins were "lost" or invalid.

Not true.

I've updated my pool backend daemon in time and confirmed I'm on the correct chain but the p2pool network forked somehow on a later point and my miners lost some 100's of DRK for mining almost a whole day on a wrong block chain. It was not connected to the client update and desired hard fork. After some digging I got told to update the p2pool software too (btw why?) but this finally broke everything, the used "xcoin-hash" python-plugin (btw why new?) wasnt working on debian 7 at all. I've never seen so much going wrong. I'm on holidays right now and from remote I am forced to shut down my pool node until I can look into the issues mentioned above.

I really see future in this coin, I hope this wont happen again and the devs wont rush new updates.

I'm sorry for the miners on my node not noticing they are on the wrong chain.

I didn't mean to negate that problem, I remember now something else happened but don't know what caused it?  Anyway, again, Can't say how sorry I am that it happened to people Sad  I really hope  you can get back to your vacation and enjoy it somehow.  That really sucked that it happened while you were supposed to be enjoying yourself.  Take care, and if it is shut down until you get back and there is nothing you can do anyway, please try to forget about it all and enjoy the rest of your vacation!  We don't get enough of them!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:24:26 AM

What's a BoA?

I seriously think you should hold on to that  Shocked  Cheesy

Bank Of America, it's essentially the largest USA bank... any transfer into it I received for the purchase of DRK would be immediately (via coinbase) be turned into BTC->DRK... less a small fee.

Oh, that would have been nice to know!  Great idea/service!  I only have a master card and they only accept visa, so I must wait the 4 business days.  I don't want another credit card, and normally would be happy with what I have, but just wanted to hit a goal so I can give my nephews a little dark for the future  Cool  Grin

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
airtreb

Activity: 217

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:34:14 AM

is there dark block explorer? how can i check if the transaction is processed?
Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: