Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:57:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 [651] 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:56:20 PM

They could airdrop an equal share to everyone who has posted on this board from today's date, backward.  Clearly anyone who has posted in this thread has been interested in mining Dark.

That would be fair and would help stop Darkcoin from being vulnerable to a new X11 coin launch from a dedicated dev team that includes ALL of the features of Darkcoin AND also has a fairer launch without the 10% instamine.  You guys keep trashing cryptohunter but coins are a little like running for political office and if we all want Darkcoin to go mainstream, then it needs to be able to survive a political attack ad.  Cryptohunter is giving the taste of what that ad would look like.  People don't want to join a coin if they think that there is a massively unfair distribution and once a smart dev releases a true Darkcoin copy with newer features and also a fair launch, Darkcoin may end up shrinking in distribution as people leave to that future coin. (No 500 coin block rewards every couple of seconds and then change the block reward and time per block from seconds to 2.5 minutes only AFTER the instaminer has collected around 1.7 million coins.)

I also think that a fear that airdropping coins to much of the current Darkcoin loyalists here would kill the coin is just noise.  Realistically, if the Airdrop did happen and the price did drop back to .0008 or so I would quickly drop a few thousand in at those prices because without the 10% Instamine PR problem, DRK at that price would be a steal.  Further, any coins I would get would be added to my small stash and saved for a much later date (2015, 2016) and if the devs did a distribution of all the coins that were mined until the 500 block reward was changed, I think block 4500;  That would clear the way for Darkcoin to never be attacked ever again as an unfair instamined coin that launched in the middle of the night with no windows wallet and 500 block rewards every couple seconds where the Dev and his launch buds claimed in the first 48 hours, almost half the coins that will be mined in the first whole year of mining.  In fact, the reputation of the Darkcoin creators would reach lore status and the story of how the Devs of Darkcoin refunded the "bugged" coins to its loyal miners would be talked about in news stories and repeated as Darkcoin grows.
 If there was a bug that allowed some to unfairly enrich themselves, then once that bug was fixed, shouldn't those who were unfairly enriched because of said bug also return those coins?  Especially if most of those coins are being held by the creators and they have the means to easily return those "bugged" coins to the current miners who are doing the work to keep this coin alive in partnership with the dev.

This PR problem and the risk of a good and fair Darkcoin clone coming out is very real and will only get bigger as time goes on unless it is rectified.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:01:10 PM

I'm 17 soon i am not a kid.

Aww, how cute.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:02:31 PM

hehe the negative super instamine became a positive super instamine..... hehe i like you alexGR you're a funny guy Smiley

Now that you said you are just 17, I like you too even if you are erasing my posts or trolling. Who cares. We all did "funny stuff" when young. May you grow up and some day understand that the pursuit of privacy is something serious and a worthy cause. I'm sure you'll understand that and also understand that you were being a prick that got overexcited for creating a stir and have a laugh with it. It's just how it goes. You should see me at 17 what I did.

As for the negative / positive, there was a saying in ancient greece "Oυδεν κακoν αμιγες καλoυ", which translates to there is no bad thing that doesn't have a good thing. You see even your trolling acted as a catalyst for the issue to be brought up and be decided that it's ok as it is - and that people were actually more upset if things were changed. So there you have it. And as for the inflation, it's simple math. Divide the daily coins versus the existing coins and you'll find the daily inflation rate. Then compare it with other coins and you'll see DRK is better off right now, except coins which are PoS and are quite "experimental" - as the community experts think they are fundamentally broken. We'll see how that goes.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:03:07 PM

They could airdrop an equal share to everyone who has posted on this board from today's date, backward.  Clearly anyone who has posted in this thread has been interested in mining Dark.

That would be fair and would help stop Darkcoin from being vulnerable to a new X11 coin launch from a dedicated dev team that includes ALL of the features of Darkcoin AND also has a fairer launch without the 10% instamine.  You guys keep trashing cryptohunter but coins are a little like running for political office and if we all want Darkcoin to go mainstream, then it needs to be able to survive a political attack ad.  Cryptohunter is giving the taste of what that ad would look like.  People don't want to join a coin if they think that there is a massively unfair distribution and once a smart dev releases a true Darkcoin copy with newer features and also a fair launch, Darkcoin may end up shrinking in distribution as people leave to that future coin. (No 500 coin block rewards every couple of seconds and then change the block reward and time per block from seconds to 2.5 minutes only AFTER the instaminer has collected around 1.7 million coins.)

I also think that a fear that airdropping coins to much of the current Darkcoin loyalists here would kill the coin is just noise.  Realistically, if the Airdrop did happen and the price did drop back to .0008 or so I would quickly drop a few thousand in at those prices because without the 10% Instamine PR problem, DRK at that price would be a steal.  Further, any coins I would get would be added to my small stash and saved for a much later date (2015, 2016) and if the devs did a distribution of all the coins that were mined until the 500 block reward was changed, I think block 4500;  That would clear the way for Darkcoin to never be attacked ever again as an unfair instamined coin that launched in the middle of the night with no windows wallet and 500 block rewards every couple seconds where the Dev and his launch buds claimed in the first 48 hours, almost half the coins that will be mined in the first whole year of mining.  In fact, the reputation of the Darkcoin creators would reach lore status and the story of how the Devs of Darkcoin refunded the "bugged" coins to its loyal miners would be talked about in news stories and repeated as Darkcoin grows.
 If there was a bug that allowed some to unfairly enrich themselves, then once that bug was fixed, shouldn't those who were unfairly enriched because of said bug also return those coins?  Especially if most of those coins are being held by the creators and they have the means to easily return those "bugged" coins to the current miners who are doing the work to keep this coin alive in partnership with the dev.

This PR problem and the risk of a good and fair Darkcoin clone coming out is very real and will only get bigger as time goes on unless it is rectified.

So your solution to a "premine" is to "premine" more coins.

Let me theorize what posts would look like after this:
"I wasn't part of that premine so it wasn't fair to me, I also wasn't part of the newest premine so now it's doubly unfair."

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:05:45 PM

What settings should I use to mine DRK with sgminer using an MSI 7850? it isnt working.

Anyone?

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:08:35 PM

What settings should I use to mine DRK with sgminer using an MSI 7850? it isnt working.

Anyone?

if you only have a few of these then try here https://www.darkcointalk.org/forums/mining.3/

If you have a farm, try here https://litecointalk.org/
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:16:10 PM

Anyone has an idea why the reward at darkcoin.fr (P2P) is only a quarter of what I get at a classic pool? I had less than 1% rejects....so?
Monitored for 24h.

p2pool full payout takes 24H + more.

You can check your payout status : http://darkcoin.fr:7903/static/classic/graphs.html?Day
Two graph
1) Miner Hashrate
2) payout status

This link might help you.
https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/ann-p2pool-public-p2pool-node-w-workertracker.158/
InternetApe

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 06:17:05 PM

My wallet is stuck and won't sync, it gets locked up at 43 hours behind.

-I have opened and closed my wallet multiple times
-I have deleted all everything but the wallet.dat and started to sync, but again it gets stuck at 43 hours behind.
-I have 7 active connections to the darkcoin network

Suggestions?

Get latest client. I hadn't run mine in 6 days or so.  It zoomed through the first lot, then got stuck for 5-10mins.  Did u try just waiting before you tried anything?  Mine got stuck, then seems to clear its self.

I'm using "v0.9.1.0-unk-beta", downloaded directly from the darkcoin.io website. I think this is the most recent. I let it run for 20 min... I'll just wait a little longer.

I just verified the latest version on darkcoin.io is: v0.9.1.2-unk-beta

http://darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoin-qt.exe

and it is syncing for me.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:18:12 PM

Anyone?

what version of sgminer are you using? it needs to be sph-sgminer

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0;all
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:20:11 PM

Crytpohunter,

Come here boy. Here boy!

Go get it.. yeah go get it.. now who's a good boy? go get it

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557089.0
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:23:16 PM

So your solution to a "premine" is to "premine" more coins.

Let me theorize what posts would look like after this:
"I wasn't part of that premine so it wasn't fair to me, I also wasn't part of the newest premine so now it's doubly unfair."

Hello, Community,  I almost do not post in this thread but have been following DRK since late January. I am an adult, an investor and have so far invested around 30K USD into DRK. I love the product and if it is to be succesfull it will be based on its merits of offering value to its users, being Darksend and anonymity the most attractive feature and I hope there are more added in the future.

I am investing in the integrity of the DEV team, in the added value proposition of Darksend and in future additions like messaging, etc. The value of the coin is not in giving it away to miners as they see fit, the value is in offering benefits that bitcoin does not already offer to the intended end users, people like me, who don't mine.  This is in my opinion the only altcoin that is offering something BTC does not to regular users.  Other coins like Vert offer something to miners but it does nothing for me as an end user that BTC doesnt already do. So please DEV team, forget about complaining teenagers, show some respect for the people backing up this project and lets focus on adding features and benefits.

Finally, I will like to set up several master nodes, I lack the technical capability and time to do it myself but will be hiring somebody to do it for me. In that sense I would really appreciate a comprehensive guide on how to set up the master nodes, I think that would be a way better use of the time of the more technically inclined in this forum. Thanks

Scriptiee

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:27:43 PM

Crytpohunter,

Come here boy. Here boy!

laughed longer than I should at this  Grin

Though the truth is that coin has no value whatsoever so there is no benefit in going after it.
Madychoux

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:29:01 PM

Hello, Community,  I almost do not post in this thread but have been following DRK since late January. I am an adult, an investor and have so far invested around 30K USD into DRK. I love the product and if it is to be succesfull it will be based on its merits of offering value to its users, being Darksend and anonymity the most attractive feature and I hope there are more added in the future.

I am investing in the integrity of the DEV team, in the added value proposition of Darksend and in future additions like messaging, etc. The value of the coin is not in giving it away to miners as they see fit, the value is in offering benefits that bitcoin does not already offer to the intended end users, people like me, who don't mine.  This is in my opinion the only altcoin that is offering something BTC does not to regular users.  Other coins like Vert offer something to miners but it does nothing for me as an end user that BTC doesnt already do. So please DEV team, forget about complaining teenagers, show some respect for the people backing up this project and lets focus on adding features and benefits.

Finally, I will like to set up several master nodes, I lack the technical capability and time to do it myself but will be hiring somebody to do it for me. In that sense I would really appreciate a comprehensive guide on how to set up the master nodes, I think that would be a way better use of the time of the more technically inclined in this forum. Thanks

+1 000 000 !
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

+1 000 000 !
Yes! Whole heartedly agree
HooDude

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:33:56 PM

Bingo
HooDude

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:38:06 PM

I'm 17 soon i am not a kid.

He's not a kid guys. He's 16. Come on!  Grin
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:49:15 PM

Crytpohunter,

Come here boy. Here boy!

laughed longer than I should at this  Grin

Though the truth is that coin has no value whatsoever so there is no benefit in going after it.

Thanks for the tip. I think I will mine it. They might clone darksend too. Is there a way to get some DNA from Evan?
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:53:44 PM

Thanks for the tip. I think I will mine it. They might clone darksend too. Is there a way to get some DNA from Evan?

If there was a way Tante would have figured it out by now.   Cheesy

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
cshlock

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:07:34 PM

+1 000 000 !

+ my $20,000 invested into DRK. I am in the same boat as the above poster, this airdrop stuff is hard to watch. Focus is the key to success, without it we will dwindle into the ether of existence. Focus on what makes this project worth your time Evan, it will only produce results that compliment the effort.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

+1 000 000 !

+ my $20,000 invested into DRK. I am in the same boat as the above poster, this airdrop stuff is hard to watch. Focus is the key to success, without it we will dwindle into the ether of existence. Focus on what makes this project worth your time Evan, it will only produce results that compliment the effort.

You two guys can definitely afford to buy my mother-in-law. Now only 19,500 DRK.  With some night school, she can cook and run a few master nodes.
Pages: « 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 [651] 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: