Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 [1145] 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
Enzwell

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:35:14 AM

Are Darkcoins logos and images copyrighted?
Is there a problem with using the logo on shirts, physical coins etc to sell at cost price?
It'd be cool to see a physical coin

Technically, anything is copyrighted the second it is created.

I created the current 3D coin graphic.  And I would not really appreciate someone selling shirts of it.
Though I don't mind people using it virtually/on-line for an icon or website. That's what it's for.
But selling completely for it's "graphic value", like on a t-shirt, would bug me.

You'd have to ask Evan or somebody official about the D logo itself.
Evan and/or Darkcoin Foundation own that. It was contracted and paid for thru DesignCrowd.

I was thinking of doing some shirts with it myself since I have a nice super hi-res version and can make variations.
But I haven't heard anything back from a similar inquiry (about t-shirts) to Evan.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:36:31 AM

why the crash?? wil i lose all my money?
Yes but only if u sell now.
+1 w8.... calm calm.... don`t take it emocionally ...

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thistleblower

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:40:21 AM

There's a whale gobbling up all us minnows
Only because you're selling to him. Doofus.  Grin
Him? Are you sure?
But without the shelter (for which I'm heartily grateful) my losses could have been a whole lot worse.I didn't notice the drop because the page wasn't updating (although the sidebar was). Strange way of doing business. It probably helped push the price over the edge.
She / he / it / them, who cares? Everything that could be positive about darkcoin is. If you choose to put it up for sale cheap you can't complain when someone with an attention span>24hrs comes along and buys it from you.

Well I don't see gratitude s a complaint. But have it your own way by all means. I agree that Dark has a lot going for it (or I wouldn't have been buying in), but it's a pity to see that potential undermined by an unresponsive exchange. Without a 300 BTC wall propping up the price, (as it still is) I might have lost a whole lot more of my investment.
I'm all for a legitimate risk, but I can't help feeling that trading was disrupted because of the cryptsy servers. You can't make an informed decision when the source of the information is constantly drying up.... and That was my 'complaint'. I made a dash for safety rather than spending a weary night clicking the refresh button like some demented refugee from Lost.
I used to be f5 master as well. When using cryptsy, or mintpal,  rip open both these links. HUGE.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/drkbtc

Bookmarked under top priority. Thanks for the links. There's a 300 BTC buyer keeping the price at 0.01...but it can't be a coincidence that the active trading dried up when the cryptsy servers slowed down. And it can't be good for the coin to wind up like Doge lying in a bitcoin coffin (check the buyers on cryptsy). I just cashed out all the Doge I've mined since Christmas and I was converting them to Dark when it all went tits up. Thankfully (and thanks to the 'whale') I'm back in Bitcoin... and it's no fault of the Dark team. I just offer the experience as a matter of sharing information (and letting off steam). But as another poster said, there's no future in mining Dark. My 290s were yielding about 10% of the power costs, and the adapted sgminer was having nervous breakdowns. Proof of stake seems to me the way forward. It encourages a more productive infrastructure (although there's risks of overstuffed wallets hogging the scene).

But thanks again for the links. I'll be back with Dark when I've checked out mintpal.
Enzwell

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:51:25 AM

..there's no future in mining Dark.

I've wondered about that.
Who keeps mining when it's "not worth it", that'll keep the blockchain calculated?
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:52:50 AM

Is there a problem with using the logo on shirts, physical coins etc to sell at cost price?

I created the current 3D coin graphic.  And I would not really appreciate someone selling shirts of it.
Though I don't mind people using it virtually/on-line for an icon or website. That's what it's for.
But selling completely for it's "graphic value", like on a t-shirt, would bug me.

Evan and/or Darkcoin Foundation own that. It was contracted and paid for thru DesignCrowd.

I was thinking of doing some shirts with it myself since I have a nice super hi-res version and can make variations.
But I haven't heard anything back from a similar inquiry (about t-shirts) to Evan.

Fair enough, was more interested in the D logo tbh
Thanks for the response and your work looks awesome Smiley
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 01:52:59 AM

Proof of stake seems to me the way forward. It encourages a more productive infrastructure (although there's risks of overstuffed wallets hogging the scene).

Pure Proof of Stake (PoS, Piece of Shit) is utterly worthless. DRK forces  a stakeholder to prove 1000DRK AND ALSO provide a SERVICE with that stake, not just hoard it.

Proof of Service > Proof of Stake. Pretty much anything is > Proof of Stake. My droopy old left ass cheek > Proof of Stake.

DRK diff is meant to slide so hard that any would-be ASIC maker would have to keep the price reasonable and also deliver. Other X11 coins will just ShitCoin themselves out of use, see LTC.

All mining will go the same way. Any algo can be ASICed. So, the network has to react to it differently now that the BTC and LTC experiments have shown us how that works out. The solution is not to give up on mining and switch to staking. the solution is to turn the problem into a service. A much harsher diff reaction combined with Proof of Service. DRK builds more of the same type paradoxical rulsets that made original crypto work, and it builds them into the problems instead of trying to avoid them. That is what original cryptos did, and all the shitcoins are missing the boat, that's why they're shitcoins.

Think of it like the difference between a helicopter and an airplane. An airplane gracefully works with the laws of physics. A helicopter tries to beat them into submission. DRK works with the problems, shitcoins try to hammer them down.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
gminerz

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:53:04 AM

Who keeps mining when it's "not worth it", that'll keep the blockchain calculated?

i would fork the stupid moores law out of its code
souns nice and fancy but its really useless
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 01:53:34 AM

I would totally wear a shirt with a giant D.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:55:31 AM

Him? Are you sure?
But without the shelter (for which I'm heartily grateful) my losses could have been a whole lot worse.I didn't notice the drop because the page wasn't updating (although the sidebar was). Strange way of doing business. It probably helped push the price over the edge.
She / he / it / them, who cares? Everything that could be positive about darkcoin is. If you choose to put it up for sale cheap you can't complain when someone with an attention span>24hrs comes along and buys it from you.

Well I don't see gratitude s a complaint. But have it your own way by all means. I agree that Dark has a lot going for it (or I wouldn't have been buying in), but it's a pity to see that potential undermined by an unresponsive exchange. Without a 300 BTC wall propping up the price, (as it still is) I might have lost a whole lot more of my investment.
I'm all for a legitimate risk, but I can't help feeling that trading was disrupted because of the cryptsy servers. You can't make an informed decision when the source of the information is constantly drying up.... and That was my 'complaint'. I made a dash for safety rather than spending a weary night clicking the refresh button like some demented refugee from Lost.
I used to be f5 master as well. When using cryptsy, or mintpal,  rip open both these links. HUGE.

Bookmarked under top priority. Thanks for the links. There's a 300 BTC buyer keeping the price at 0.01...but it can't be a coincidence that the active trading dried up when the cryptsy servers slowed down. And it can't be good for the coin to wind up like Doge lying in a bitcoin coffin (check the buyers on cryptsy). I just cashed out all the Doge I've mined since Christmas and I was converting them to Dark when it all went tits up. Thankfully (and thanks to the 'whale') I'm back in Bitcoin... and it's no fault of the Dark team. I just offer the experience as a matter of sharing information (and letting off steam). But as another poster said, there's no future in mining Dark. My 290s were yielding about 10% of the power costs, and the adapted sgminer was having nervous breakdowns. Proof of stake seems to me the way forward. It encourages a more productive infrastructure (although there's risks of overstuffed wallets hogging the scene).

But thanks again for the links. I'll be back with Dark when I've checked out mintpal.

Problem with proof of stake is that it gives the majority of people a way to earn money. Like you get money simply from having the coins in your wallet, while this may seem "cool" at the time, I think it's very impractical, why? Because that would be the only way you can earn more coins...besides buying them.

The point of mining is for the difficulty to get higher, thus making it harder to get coins, resulting in higher prices for the coins since the demand is high, but the supply is lowered.
Also, the increase in difficulty would push out some miners, resulting in smaller sets of miners. After a while, the difficulty will lower again once the total hashrate drops, which would in turn, bring back those same miners or new ones to begin mining again. That, in my opinion is much better than having the coins "delivered" to your wallet as in PoS.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:10:01 AM

Hmmm.  Some pretty strong selling going on right now.  I suspect we're going to break support and head down for awhile.

Don't panic people.  The fundamentals of this coin are strong.  I'll be a buyer at .0065 and below.  Corrections are healthy.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:11:13 AM

I would totally wear a shirt with a giant D.

lmao +1

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
minerjav

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:12:16 AM

Hmmm.  Some pretty strong selling going on right now.  I suspect we're going to break support and head down for awhile.

Don't panic people.  The fundamentals of this coin are strong.  I'll be a buyer at .0065 and below.  Corrections are healthy.

me too.

I believe on DRK. I will strong buy at 0.0065 if it is required to avoid massive drop. (I'm confident that will not be necessary, but just in case)
Thistleblower

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:12:27 AM

Who's mining now? I thought I just hadn't got it set up right but the problem seems widespread of the forums. For the moment the only way to get a modest return (not an unreasonable ambition) seems to be the exchanges. I'm not 'investing' in greedseeds, so I'm out of mining now, apart from POS. Then the biggest temptation is robbing the piggy bank to play the markets.

What's needed is a true second generation coin that abandons the QT and all the archaic Bitcoin standards. The blockchain's bloated, the wallet belongs to the 1970s, and there's no convenient way of spending. You can't even run multiple wallets off one copy of the blockchain without swapping out. But it was never intended to go global in that form. The developers are just more concerned with huge profits than R&D. In the end the whole e-currency market could fail through lack of simple accessibility. Doge is a classic example of huge potential with nowhere to go. Now it's lying in state... and the wheel's getting reinvented almost on a daily basis.
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:12:31 AM

You all love the D  Tongue
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:15:53 AM

Whale dumping at 970k, I exited immediately till I see the dump removed  
lasted 2 minutes or less. All sold in two big gulps. WOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 02:16:26 AM

Everything the Darkcoin community bought (the logo and everything else) belongs to the darkcoin community. As for Enzwell's graphics? I figured that would have been covered by the boundy we paid.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:16:56 AM

Whale dumping at 970k, I exited immediately till I see the dump removed  

Lol. Somebody ate that up really fast.
I almost bought 1/5 of it for myself but it was too fast for me to decide.
Thistleblower

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:20:09 AM

Him? Are you sure?

Problem with proof of stake is that it gives the majority of people a way to earn money. Like you get money simply from having the coins in your wallet, while this may seem "cool" at the time, I think it's very impractical, why? Because that would be the only way you can earn more coins...besides buying them.

The point of mining is for the difficulty to get higher, thus making it harder to get coins, resulting in higher prices for the coins since the demand is high, but the supply is lowered.
Also, the increase in difficulty would push out some miners, resulting in smaller sets of miners. After a while, the difficulty will lower again once the total hashrate drops, which would in turn, bring back those same miners or new ones to begin mining again. That, in my opinion is much better than having the coins "delivered" to your wallet as in PoS.

No. I'm out of mining now, and I've no intention of throwing good money after greedseeds. The problem with mining is it's power hungry for no good purpose. You still have difficulty with POS so the money supply is controlled. But it's a more efficient means of production, rewarding the community rather than the manufacturers. And that's where it started before the arms race began. All that energy and it's not even productive. It's just pumping up the price and earning fortunes for the big players. You don't need power hungry rigs to keep the network alive, or support the blockchain.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:23:14 AM

Everything the Darkcoin community bought (the logo and everything else) belongs to the darkcoin community. As for Enzwell's graphics? I figured that would have been covered by the boundy we paid.

+1

A coin design that does not belong to the coin community that's new.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:29:35 AM

easy there people,
keep on breathing.

A proper correction is good in the long run,
let it settle for a bit, even if it come further down
it will go so up again
You know it …. happy sunday ….>>
Pages: « 1 ... 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 [1145] 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: