Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:08:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 [2618] 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:12:57 AM

Alternatively, if you are already under on your initial investment, why sell now? Price will surely fluctuate and once you sell you are locking in your final value.  I'm quite a bit down and it's really not worth selling now - not to mention I have high expectations for the future of DRK so I wouldn't be selling even if I was up.

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:15:36 AM

Its highly likely now we'll see 0.006 and below, hopefully this will still be above dogecoins marketcap...
Not if Kristov releases something. Fingers crossed.

Whether it is Kritov's review or some other event, nothing is required to "save" DRK because it doesn't need saving.

Once all the tech is released and mostly bug free (which is NOT the case right now) there will be a big push for adoption. Right now the only people who know about RC4 are supporters who have already bought in and traders/whales who the vast majority of are greedy cancers and are likely manipulating things to a certain extent.

For the marketcap to grow new people are needed -- and to get new people the coin will have to be completed and then marketed. I can't imagine DRK is still at this low price level 6 months or 1 year from now... which is why I hold.

I personally think it will take less time than that. Indicators of adoption take dark from theoretical to real. Also if things start being priced in DRK value is established off the trading floor.

Exchanges as weird things as they establish  the value of coins in terms of another coin and thereby by proxy or directly in fiat which is kind of defeating the point of cryptocurrencies.

Ignoring dollar value.. How many drk would you hand over for your favourite beer?

It may be quicker. The key for me is how fast the tech gets sorted out. If that only takes 1-2 months then we will see adoption quicker.

As for the question, it is hard to answer because it is tricky to say how much I would pay without considering the current or even my personal expected fiat value in the future since there aren't really any references (i.e. other everyday items priced in DRK).  Forced to answer I would say a 1 DRK or so but I really don't know.

It's a tough question isn't it? I chose a beer because it's a good way to judge the cost of living in a country. How much does a standard beer cost in a bar.
If you look at crypto as a unit of barter not a fiat value amalgam it's starts becoming how difficult was the unit of barter to acquire. By that logic people who acquired early would actually price things lower than people who have had to mine longer/payed a higher price for their drk. I'd say 0.2 for a standard bottled beer. 0.5 for a draft of real beer (ale).

Now let's say alcohol is prohibited where you live. How much is that beer worth in DRK?
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:17:06 AM

Whether it is Kritov's review or some other event, nothing is required to "save" DRK because it doesn't need saving.

Once all the tech is released and mostly bug free (which is NOT the case right now) there will be a big push for adoption. Right now the only people who know about RC4 are supporters who have already bought in and traders/whales who the vast majority of are greedy cancers and are likely manipulating things to a certain extent.

For the marketcap to grow new people are needed -- and to get new people the coin will have to be completed and then marketed. I can't imagine DRK is still at this low price level 6 months or 1 year from now... which is why I hold.

Well, I hope you're right mate.

Because of the 10 DRK Darksend limit, and the code not being open, DRK hasn't been used for its intended purpose at all yet.

Now that the transfer limit has been removed, anonymity kicked up a few notches, all that is needed is fine tuning any issues that might arise and opening the source. After that, the utilization can begin. Everything until that happens (shortly I hope) has been simply speculation.
yup.   one of the major things is getting a clean,  new wallet UI that is less techy.   The interface needs to be dummy simple.   for example there should only be 2 choices.. anonymous (darksend)  or non anon.  The whole  process and application must be far FAR simpler... no command line,   no config file etc erc... and that is shy my friends its called a "release candidate".   This is where retailer's like me are going to step in and now we are going to demand simplification.   i need my counter staff,  sales team and our restaurant side staff to be able to use this.... so im going to start piping up,  Darklord... lets work on this together... UI needs  serious make over.    for all you dip shits saying crypto is dead.... give your head a shake and get lost... you wouldn't be here wasting ur time on here.... this is far from being over... this is just beginning!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:23:42 AM

The GREAT Elberethzone concocted this fine tool for the Pool Police !!

Lets get'em boys!

https://drk.mn/blocks.html
salmion

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:24:48 AM

Because of the 10 DRK Darksend limit, and the code not being open, DRK hasn't been used for its intended purpose at all yet.

Now that the transfer limit has been removed, anonymity kicked up a few notches, all that is needed is fine tuning any issues that might arise and opening the source. After that, the utilization can begin. Everything until that happens (shortly I hope) has been simply speculation.
yup.   one of the major things is getting a clean,  new wallet UI that is less techy.   The interface needs to be dummy simple.   for example there should only be 2 choices.. anonymous (darksend)  or non anon.  The whole  process and application must be far FAR simpler... no command line,   no config file etc erc... and that is shy my friends its called a "release candidate".   This is where retailer's like me are going to step in and now we are going to demand simplification.   i need my counter staff,  sales team and our restaurant side staff to be able to use this.... so im going to start piping up,  Darklord... lets work on this together... UI needs  serious make over.    for all you dip shits saying crypto is dead.... give your head a shake and get lost... you wouldn't be here wasting ur time on here.... this is far from being over... this is just beginning!

Get on darkcointalk BigR there is thread for that Smiley

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-12#post-15623

Whether the NYC regulations are passed or not crypto survives. And quite possibly in a much nicer grassroots form as opposed to the way it's presently headed(IMO).
By that I mean retailers such as yourself accepting crypto and seeing the value of it, not just getting an account with a processor and having the coins autoconverted to fiat.

Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:32:01 AM

Well KA has not cashed out, which is a good sign: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?XqHt831rFj5tr4PVjqEcJmh6VKvHP62QiM.htm

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
salmion

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:34:15 AM

Don't think that should be a guide to the outlook of his review.. he is being payed for work.

It's like someone saying to you don't spend your salary if you believe in money!

Also.. won't it disappear if he denominates it?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

yup.   one of the major things is getting a clean,  new wallet UI that is less techy.   The interface needs to be dummy simple.   for example there should only be 2 choices.. anonymous (darksend)  or non anon.  The whole  process and application must be far FAR simpler... no command line,   no config file etc erc... and that is shy my friends its called a "release candidate".   This is where retailer's like me are going to step in and now we are going to demand simplification.   i need my counter staff,  sales team and our restaurant side staff to be able to use this.... so im going to start piping up,  Darklord... lets work on this together... UI needs  serious make over.    for all you dip shits saying crypto is dead.... give your head a shake and get lost... you wouldn't be here wasting ur time on here.... this is far from being over... this is just beginning!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-12#post-15623

Whether the NYC regulations are passed or not crypto survives. And quite possibly in a much nicer grassroots form as opposed to the way it's presently headed(IMO).
By that I mean retailers such as yourself accepting crypto and seeing the value of it, not just getting an account with a processor and having the coins autoconverted to fiat.

And this is where this ecosystem starts to get interesting... i have staff that will take their wages in crypto or even just their commissions and tips in drks fro example... i could easly have 20 staff up and at them if i can show them the uses.   it needs to dummied down... it needs to as simple as down loading an app and simple  interface.  I cant have my waitresses and cooks,  or my vineyard staff and celler hands having to fuck around with command line bullshit.  the wallet should even have links to go shopping on it.   Seriously... there should be a tab that yakes you to retailer's that will take drk or even BTC.... holy smokes thats a great fuckn idea... hummm im going over to the thread to talk about this.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:38:05 AM

Its highly likely now we'll see 0.006 and below, hopefully this will still be above dogecoins marketcap...
Not if Kristov releases something. Fingers crossed.

I personally think it will take less time than that. Indicators of adoption take dark from theoretical to real. Also if things start being priced in DRK value is established off the trading floor.

Exchanges as weird things as they establish  the value of coins in terms of another coin and thereby by proxy or directly in fiat which is kind of defeating the point of cryptocurrencies.

Ignoring dollar value.. How many drk would you hand over for your favourite beer?

It may be quicker. The key for me is how fast the tech gets sorted out. If that only takes 1-2 months then we will see adoption quicker.

As for the question, it is hard to answer because it is tricky to say how much I would pay without considering the current or even my personal expected fiat value in the future since there aren't really any references (i.e. other everyday items priced in DRK).  Forced to answer I would say a 1 DRK or so but I really don't know.

It's a tough question isn't it? I chose a beer because it's a good way to judge the cost of living in a country. How much does a standard beer cost in a bar.
If you look at crypto as a unit of barter not a fiat value amalgam it's starts becoming how difficult was the unit of barter to acquire. By that logic people who acquired early would actually price things lower than people who have had to mine longer/payed a higher price for their drk. I'd say 0.2 for a standard bottled beer. 0.5 for a draft of real beer (ale).

Now let's say alcohol is prohibited where you live. How much is that beer worth in DRK?

I'm in Japan (though not Japanese) and to get a pint of good imported ale in a bar costs the equivalent of $9. Furthermore, I did get into DRK fairly early which may be why I am willing to part with more than you (though not $9 worth Cheesy ). Of course if alcohol was prohibited out here then a beer would be worth 0 DRK (though if you are the type to challenge "the man" then you might pay quite a lot of DRK for smuggled in beer).

In short you are right, the more DRK gets adopted the less the market and the associated traders and whales matter. I think that is a ways off (nobody really even prices anything in BTC without considering the fiat equalivent yet), but it is an interesting discussion.

However, even without adoption to that level, just having a coin that is verifiably anonymous AND easy to use will result in a significant increase in value.  Right now the anon is working but buggy and the wallet is not yet easy to use or easy to understand.
shamust

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:40:02 AM

I am looking at setting up a group masternode. I have 500DRK so need 500 from elsewhere. Minimum 50DRK... PM me for details.
salmion

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:40:15 AM

And this is where this ecosystem starts to get interesting... i have staff that will take their wages in crypto or even just their commissions and tips in drks fro example... i could easly have 20 staff up and at them if i can show them the uses.   it needs to dummied down... it needs to as simple as down loading an app and simple  interface.  I cant have my waitresses and cooks,  or my vineyard staff and celler hands having to fuck around with command line bullshit.  the wallet should even have links to go shopping on it.   Seriously... there should be a tab that yakes you to retailer's that will take drk or even BTC.... holy smokes thats a great fuckn idea... hummm im going over to the thread to talk about this.

+999

The electrum wallet I believe will be the simple simple one.

Just need the core version's bugs to be nailed.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:46:24 AM

that guy who started dumping did a stupid thing for everyone including himself - he did not manage to sell 40BTC all he achieved was he lowered the price.

Someone does not know how & when to dump... He could have done it bit by bit and he would have sold it at better rates - even now when the trade volume is low a few dozens BTCs would get consumed if these were introduced gradually.
r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

He know how and when dump.this mothe ficker ltc holder buy dark for save ltc after rc4 sell dark for dump becuse drk fuck all ltc holders Wink

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
qbitbit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:49:36 AM

that guy who started dumping did a stupid thing for everyone including himself - he did not manage to sell 40BTC all he achieved was he lowered the price.

Someone does not know how & when to dump...

Unfortunately there are many noobs who tries to play alt-coin markets.
Maybe now is chance to buy some coins at quite low price.
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:53:27 AM

Is RC4 working properly ?
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:55:39 AM

That's the puzzling thing about it. RC4 is actually ok with darksend round = 1. The price drop surprised me.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:59:15 AM

Thought you were coming back in two weeks...what happened?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:01:30 PM

That's the puzzling thing about it. RC4 is actually ok with darksend round = 1. The price drop surprised me.
Shitty timing... its been a bloodbath week for lots of cryptos... though in the big picture of 12 month cycle... not to bad...maybe except for ltc. im still way up... and that is why... long term investing in fundamentals always wins.  Wink

Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:03:55 PM

Thought you were coming back in two weeks...what happened?

I can't . I Fucked up really bad !
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:08:18 PM

Shitty timing... its been a bloodbath week for lots of cryptos... though in the big picture of 12 month cycle... not to bad...maybe except for ltc. im still way up... and that is why... long term investing in fundamentals always wins.  Wink

Its not just the timing. Its the non-existing outlook. Markets always need something to look out for, some kind of phantasy. That's what makes them advance.

For instance if RC4 would have announced as a fixed date and time, we would have seen a much bigger price rally. People would have set up countdown timers, tweets about upcoming RC4 would have been made etc etc

THATS whats drives markets! You need always to deliver outlooks! At the moment we have no outlook BEYOND RC4. The market recognizes that we will soon have a working anon, nevertheless: "What comes next?"
No matter what comes next it should be communicated early.

OUTLOOK boys, thats all that matters in markets.

Outlook BEYOND RC4.
Pages: « 1 ... 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 [2618] 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: