Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:42:53 AM

@2kool: Our forging algorithm is innovative and many of the ideas we are putting forth for future versions of NEM are very different from what NXT or other altcoins are doing. We are implementing everything from scratch, so there are many design decisions that are being made that are different from other coins.

In short: don't worry. NEM is not a clone of NXT. We are creating new technology that will push the whole community forward.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:47:58 AM

You are wrong.  I raised my objection, because I was looking out for the interests of the community.  I didn't see a lot of innovation imo and I saw a lot of Nxt / Btc being collected.

Well, I appreciate your concerns (seriously, i do) However i have my doubts whether or not you speak with sincerity.

Nonetheless, if i'm wrong, you should've been in the Stackcoin thread; as far as i'm aware, more money was lost there than whats been put into NEM. Stackcoin won't be the last.

If people wish to pay NXT into NEM, this is their choice and certainly not wrong as you clearly imply. I can't help but sense the irony in your words when you imply such a thing, only to then in your next breath say NEM is pretty much a dictatorship.

Anyway, i'm done.

sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:54:41 AM

Yeah I don't like what you said about NEM.

Exactly. It was you taking personal offence. There is no evidence this decision was made by other "developers" or the community. It was just YOU deciding you were going to kick out someone after the IPO ended.

Why is it that when 2kool starts complaining on this thread he has like an entourage of people coming in here with him?

Utopian decided because he's the one running this thing the way he set it up, with support of everyone in the community who were complaining about 2kool bashing and putting down NEM. Calling Nem a scam.

Then 2kool comes with more of his irrational arguments, but this time with his buddy trolls.

I think 2kool simply just want be a troll here. And deliberately so, not passionately. He don't like NEM, he don't want it succeed out in the world. He is not here for an argument, and nobody can wake a man pretending to be in sleep.

He just want to sow as much discord here as he can. I suggest, don't waste any energy on him any more and move on.

I think he loves the attention , please ignore and lets move foward.

You are wrong.  I raised my objection, because I was looking out for the interests of the community.  I didn't see a lot of innovation imo and I saw a lot of Nxt / Btc being collected.

Why don't you buy yourself a nice fishing rod?
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:05:28 AM

He is one of 10 million + nxt stakeholder so he doesnt really need or want nem stake. It is just a pure act of sabotaging. But I would like to see how good his reasoning is holding up.
I have many friends in next community and some of them  holds millions of nxt so his acting is kind of an anomaly. It is kind of dissapointing that he may think he acts in the benefit of nxt.

I don't agree with 2Kool4Skewl . Nem (at least now, even though not originally) will be new code written from scratch. Since it's not Nxt's fork, the developers should get something for their effort.  I don't have a problem with that.  I just don't think he should have been kicked out for posting something stupid.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:12:52 AM

@2Kool4Skewl:

You didn't just bring your objections forward you were trolling. Someone asked how he, as a dev could help and you told him to "copy & paste" clearly refering to NEM as a clone of nxt. Is that what you mean by bringing forward your objections in a civilised manner ?

Your are absolutely right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and free speech is one of the most important rights we have as humans. But just because everyone can say what ever they want doesn't mean everyone else has to be fine with it does it? I don't think you understand what free speech means.

Everytime UP tellls you you can have your stake back, you start complaining again how unfair NEM is. If you want your stake back just clearly state it in a post without anny further insults or so and be done with it. If not leave the people here alone.

ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:25:39 AM

He is one of 10 million + nxt stakeholder so he doesnt really need or want nem stake. It is just a pure act of sabotaging. But I would like to see how good his reasoning is holding up.
I have many friends in next community and some of them  holds millions of nxt so his acting is kind of an anomaly. It is kind of dissapointing that he may think he acts in the benefit of nxt.

I don't agree with 2Kool4Skewl . Nem (at least now, even though not originally) will be new code written from scratch. Since it's not Nxt's fork, the developers should get something for their effort.  I don't have a problem with that.  I just don't think he should have been kicked out for posting something stupid.

He was not kicked out, all he had to do was say, he was interested. His pride got in the way Huh The man clearly wants to see NEM fail  Angry . Yet he wants a stake, just incase it succeeds  Huh Would you want such a person as a member , still he was given the option to remain a member, simply by saying " interested" .

this issue is becoming a distraction. We should just ignore him.

j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:37:40 AM

you should really pursue this further. PM PAT and UP just incase they miss this.

I didn't miss it Smiley
It's something to think about but it'd be a bit of work as well.
Let's see what UP has to say I think it's not a priority at this stage we have so many other things to think about.

We are a huge community so if you guys wan't to pull that off go ahead. You'll all have > 1 000 000 NEM. A lot to share Smiley

I cant speak for j23a, but I will happily  Smiley donate 10% of my stake to this. I am sure more people will want to as well. j23a I am with you if UP will allow it, and if you want to go foward with it my friend

During the Nem fundraising, whenever I saw someone that I felt was a good person character wise a light bulb would pop at the top of my head and I would think, “I should tell them about Nem.” So when I read that you’re willing to give away 10% of your Nem coins that light bulb popped with that feeling that I should let you know about Nem, and then I was like, “Oh wait.” It’s truly a habit.

I thought more about it’s best for NEM not to get involved.

1. They are already being taken care of, and I wouldn’t want Nem to be seemed as if they’re just doing it for the attention.
2. It would be a lot of work for Utopianfuture, dividing one stake between 149 people.
3. It would be really, really hard determining who really got scammed, since it wasn’t quite as organized as NEM. I think they had to PM the scammer with their transaction ID.
4. The scammer himself could send BTC to his scam address and then claim that he’s also a victim. Receive Nem on top of the 69.5 BTC he scammed.

It doesn’t seem like the best cause since others are already stepping up. I felt really bad for them, and left words of encouragement, because so many were putting them down for believing and making a bad decision.

Today I got a $65 bill from PayPal, because someone that I sold coins to did a charge back on me. ($45 plus I had to pay a $20 fee to the bank of the person who scammed me). He seemed like a nice guy at first. So right now I’m at a point where if anything of charity should be done, it should go towards an undeniable good cause, vs random people trying to make money. Because these coins attract a lot of scummy people, and I’m sure some of those who got scammed would fit in that category, and getting scammed would be a good life lesson for them.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
sepehr

Activity: 399

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:40:50 AM

Guys ignore 2Kool!

Pleas consider my Idea about Crypto Company or Company account in Crypto world:

We can arrange for a company account!
We can have two type of accounts, Personal accounts and company accounts like any Bank.
Personal accounts can act just like normal currency accounts. One person have the total control over the account while he/she have it's credentials.
But Company accounts can include several personal accounts. each personal account is a member of board of company and can participate in decisions.
Company board members can decide how the payments from company account should be made.
They will vote for a logical order that showing how payments from company account should be made.

For example:

Payments from Company Account(CA) can be confirmed if "Personal Account A"(PS-A) confirm it.
Payments from CA can be confirmed if "PS-A and PS-B" confirm it.
Payments from CA can be confirmed if "PS-A or (PS-B and PS-C)" confirm it.

So in this case the system can:

1-Form a company in virtual world.
2-The company board can take decisions according to the voting system we implemented separately for a "logical order".
3-payments from company can be made according to combination of Personal entities defined in "logical order"
4-Members of board at anytime can change the "logical order" of company so they can change the CEO of company as they wish.
5-The company after forming can announce Assets in Asset exchange feature. so everyone can be a stake holder of an asset of company. And receive dividends.

It's just a new Idea aroused in my mind!

I think every one that implement this idea in his currency will have the future!

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist
sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:42:57 AM

He was not kicked out, all he had to do was say, he was interested. His pride got in the way Huh The man clearly wants to see NEM fail  Angry . Yet he wants a stake, just incase it succeeds  Huh Would you want such a person as a member , still he was given the option to remain a member, simply by saying " interested" .

exactly, we all know the type. let's concentrate on positive thinks here. Let utopianfuture handle the guy and his "arguments"
McDowell

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:51:35 AM

Exactly. It was you taking personal offence. There is no evidence this decision was made by other "developers" or the community. It was just YOU deciding you were going to kick out someone after the IPO ended.

Why is it that when 2kool starts complaining on this thread he has like an entourage of people coming in here with him?

Utopian decided because he's the one running this thing the way he set it up, with support of everyone in the community who were complaining about 2kool bashing and putting down NEM. Calling Nem a scam.

Then 2kool comes with more of his irrational arguments, but this time with his buddy trolls.

I think 2kool simply just want be a troll here. And deliberately so, not passionately. He don't like NEM, he don't want it succeed out in the world. He is not here for an argument, and nobody can wake a man pretending to be in sleep.

He just want to sow as much discord here as he can. I suggest, don't waste any energy on him any more and move on.

You are wrong.  I raised my objection, because I was looking out for the interests of the community.  I didn't see a lot of innovation imo and I saw a lot of Nxt / Btc being collected.

Hey 2kool - I have a good idea. LEAVE US - go away and never come back! I don't like you at all - and in this time when we have to write to you we can't decide about important things about NEM.

So go away TROLL !!
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:54:42 AM

For fucks sake, I don't know whats going on with this shit, but cut it out. Past few days this thread has been ass cus of this drama.
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:55:39 AM

Guys ignore 2Kool!

We can have two type of accounts, Personal accounts and company accounts like any Bank.
Personal accounts can act just like normal currency accounts. One person have the total control over the account while he/she have it's credentials.
But Company accounts can include several personal accounts. each personal account is a member of board of company and can participate in decisions.
Company board members can decide how the payments from company account should be made.
They will vote for a logical order that showing how payments from company account should be made.

For example:

Payments from Company Account(CA) can be confirmed if "Personal Account A"(PS-A) confirm it.

2-The company board can take decisions according to the voting system we implemented separately for a "logical order".
3-payments from company can be made according to combination of Personal entities defined in "logical order"
4-Members of board at anytime can change the "logical order" of company so they can change the CEO of company as they wish.
5-The company after forming can announce Assets in Asset exchange feature. so everyone can be a stake holder of an asset of company. And receive dividends.

I think every one that implement this idea in his currency will have the future!

Sorry, I don't completely understand. You want to open a NEM Bank? with a board of directors consisting of account holders who will create assets and divide the profit? What assets do u have in mind? Who keeps the deposits, who has access and how can they be trusted?

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:58:21 AM

@2Kool4Skewl:

You didn't just bring your objections forward you were trolling. Someone asked how he, as a dev could help and you told him to "copy & paste" clearly refering to NEM as a clone of nxt. Is that what you mean by bringing forward your objections in a civilised manner ?

Your are absolutely right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and free speech is one of the most important rights we have as humans. But just because everyone can say what ever they want doesn't mean everyone else has to be fine with it does it? I don't think you understand what free speech means.

Everytime UP tellls you you can have your stake back, you start complaining again how unfair NEM is. If you want your stake back just clearly state it in a post without anny further insults or so and be done with it. If not leave the people here alone.

I already said I was interested.

You don't understand what freedom of speech represents if you think I should be punished for it.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:59:33 AM

I was kicked out.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:06:37 AM

@2Kool4Skewl:

I have many friends in next community and some of them  holds millions of nxt so his acting is kind of an anomaly. It is kind of dissapointing that he may think he acts in the benefit of nxt.

He was not kicked out, all he had to do was say, he was interested. His pride got in the way Huh The man clearly wants to see NEM fail  Angry . Yet he wants a stake, just incase it succeeds  Huh Would you want such a person as a member , still he was given the option to remain a member, simply by saying " interested" .

Guys ignore 2Kool!

Hey 2kool - I have a good idea. LEAVE US - go away and never come back! I don't like you at all - and in this time when we have to write to you we can't decide about important things about NEM.

So go away TROLL !!

I hope all of you don't say something UtopianFuture and "the community" doesn't like.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
sepehr

Activity: 399

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:08:08 AM

Guys ignore 2Kool!

For example:

Sorry, I don't completely understand. You want to open a NEM Bank? with a board of directors consisting of account holders who will create assets and divide the profit? What assets do u have in mind? Who keeps the deposits, who has access and how can they be trusted?

No No! ashapasa!

I just want to have company account with NEM just like personal account that we have now in NEX or any other crypto currency.

I remember that you told that you are ready to help on creating localbitcoin like company in your own country.

So be it!

You, me and several other people join together and form a company identity.
We can open a company account in NEM and choose a CEO and CEO have the right to send money from company account.

If he is not good we can change it!

We form a company in crypto world and I call it Crypto company.

It'll be brilliant if we can implement it!!!

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist
Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:10:01 AM

Just some thoughts I would like to share with everyone:

NEM started out as a project with the intention to clone NXT code. The only difference would be the distribution model.
Back then 2Kool4Skewl posted "very interested".

After a while it turns out that NEM is evolving in something more innovative with PON (and later POI) and several other ideas being pitched resulting in someting that some people see as innovative.

After this it became apparent that a lot of people are getting excited about NEM. Several people adopted the NEM signature and it showed this whole concept was gaining momentum. This must have been something that was apparent in other BTT threads where those signatures were suddenly emerging.

Just by reading the posts in this thread you could feel the positive energy.

At this exact time, apparently someone changed his mind about NEM.

Contrary to being “very interested “ in a true clone (programatically) 2Kool4Skewl became “very skeptic”; warning people that NEM was a waste of NXT!

At the time he posted very interested:
-NEM would be a NXT clone (but with a different distribution)
-It was already known that NXT/BTC would be raised until 3000-4000 stakeholders took part.

Now ask yourself these questions:

How can someone who is very interested in an NXT clone, suddenly change his mind when the same thing starts to evolve in something that is no longer a copy of NXT ?

Why would this person suddenly feel the need to warn others that this project is not innovative while he was interested in an NXT clone at first?

j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:11:15 AM

@2Kool4Skewl:

You don't understand what freedom of speech represents if you think I should be punished for it.

Are you being locked away in jail? How has your freedom of speech been violated. Utopian reserves the right to run this how he pleases, and if you don't like it, you don't have to be part of it. We all try to be active for the sake of NEM, that's the one thing that Utopianfuture asks of us. I don't think bashing Nem, calling it a scam, and having an obvious agenda against it fits well into what Utopianfuture asked of us.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:12:51 AM

Just some thoughts I would like to share with everyone:

NEM started out as a project with the intention to clone NXT code. The only difference would be the distribution model.
Back then 2Kool4Skewl posted "very interested".

After a while it turns out that NEM is evolving in something more innovative with PON (and later POI) and several other ideas being pitched resulting in someting that some people see as innovative.

After this it became apparent that a lot of people are getting excited about NEM. Several people adopted the NEM signature and it showed this whole concept was gaining momentum. This must have been something that was apparent in other BTT threads where those signatures were suddenly emerging.

Just by reading the posts in this thread you could feel the positive energy.

At this exact time, apparently someone changed his mind about NEM.

Contrary to being “very interested “ in a true clone (programatically) 2Kool4Skewl became “very skeptic”; warning people that NEM was a waste of NXT!

At the time he posted very interested:
-NEM would be a NXT clone (but with a different distribution)
-It was already known that NXT/BTC would be raised until 3000-4000 stakeholders took part.

Now ask yourself these questions:

How can someone who is very interested in an NXT clone, suddenly change his mind when the same thing starts to evolve in something that is no longer a copy of NXT ?

Why would this person suddenly feel the need to warn others that this project is not innovative while he was interested in an NXT clone at first?

When I posted interested, no one had to pay to get a Nem stake.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:14:17 AM

@2Kool4Skewl:

Are you being locked away in jail? How has your freedom of speech been violated. Utopian reserves the right to run this how he pleases, and if you don't like it, you don't have to be part of it. We all try to be active for the sake of NEM, that's the one thing that Utopianfuture asks of us. I don't think bashing Nem, calling it a scam, and having an obvious agenda against it fits well into what Utopianfuture asked of us.

So, it's not just a scam... it's now a malevolent dictatorship too.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: