Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
KobeBriant 24

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:28:41 PM

Satoshi 1.0 and BCnext 2.0 make NEM 3.0.    Tongue   

Maybe:

Satoshi 1.0 and BCnext 2.0, Ethereum 3.0 and NEM 4.0.

Ethereum thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448923.0

really crazy....   Wink
Ahaha. Yea. really crazy... Tongue

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greatway

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:08:06 PM

What makes a coin 3.0?
yaya

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:13:14 PM

quiet moment
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:01:04 PM

Any update about the auction? Has it started yet?

not yet, probably won't start until the open Alpha since we want to avoid scam accusation.  

good idea! any plans on how the auction will be run? will you hold off on auctioning a couple stakes until just prior to nem launch? i think thats when you will get a huge amount of interest and much higher price!

edit

still looking for pledges towards the multipool!

i have a very strong plan but need pledges and a dev still.. it needs to be stand alone nem pool now in order to implement the full plan!

only 440k pledged so far 300k from 3 generous people so i think we can do much much better seeing as we have 3k stake holders!

We had discussion within NEM core dev, and nem core dev* is almost unanimously against multipool.

but as utopianfuture noted, there is possibility, for getting funds from ecosystem and/or promotional funds.

I agree here. We are trying to move away from the massive data closets of wasted energy, promoting a multipool that waste energy to get nem is something I am not supportive of.
Better that we just allow folks to obtain NEM in a free market. I would support an exchange more then a multipool. But we are all free to support what we believe in. I wish you luck.

Very well i wont go ahead with it then... Il have to think of something else i can organise lol

For the record, i'm willing to donate to any cause that has reasonable grounds to justify it. I pledged to the multipool idea with an initially small sum to see if the idea came to fruition; and in addition, was prepared to donate more as and when things developed further in a direction i thought of as worthwhile.

This is pretty much my stance on anything that i would otherwise pledge something towards. If an idea works, and is gone about in a way i think is successful, i'm happy to put more into it.

Even though the multipool idea is now out the window, it's important to really share any idea's that spring to mind and to get the ball rolling, just to see where it goes. Without brainstorming, we won't get anywhere. So if you ever get any thoughts, please share.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:06:24 PM

I agree here. We are trying to move away from the massive data closets of wasted energy, promoting a multipool that waste energy to get nem is something I am not supportive of.
We had the same thing at mintcoin: we are promoting sustainable development, how could this be compatible with multipool?

Congratulation to refuse this!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:26:18 AM

NEM. Thank you for letting me be a part of this community.
mlwlxz

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:52:36 AM

Send my 0.1btc! add me to the list Cheesy
Donate?
mlwlxz

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:59:15 AM

Hi

It seems awhile since the last technological update.  How far are we from alpha?

Some remaining issues with NIS: fix connector issues, fix block generation issue, fix unconfirmed balances, add historical balances and integrate POI; remaining issues with NCC: tweaking UX elements; completing account related API. The first testnest is probably 1-2 weeks away.   

but keep in mind following:

so who can participate in the alpha ? stake holders or absolutely everyone ?

Current plan:

Phase 0: core devs
Phase 1: core team
Phase 2: absolutely everyone

No idea how long one phase lasts. It will depend on how well things work and on how much data devs want to collect.

now is the  Phase 0: core devs?
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:01:22 AM

Maybe:

Ethereum thread:

really crazy....   Wink

Its going like Firefox now. Suddenly they went crazy with naming.

NEM, Ethereum etc can't even be considered 2.0 before they show any working 2.0 features.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

MattLousi

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:28:39 AM

Maybe:

Ethereum thread:

really crazy....   Wink

Its going like Firefox now. Suddenly they went crazy with naming.

NEM, Ethereum etc can't even be considered 2.0 before they show any working 2.0 features.

Exactly, Firefox 1.0, Firefox 2.0, Firefox 3.0,Firefox 4.0,Firefox 5.0........... Angry Angry
Buto Losy

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:19:55 AM

Exactly, Chrome 1.0, Chrome 2.0, Chrome 3.0,Chrome 4.0,Chrome 5.0........... Angry Angry
SomethingElse

Activity: 210

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:02:59 AM

We had the same thing at mintcoin: we are promoting sustainable development, how could this be compatible with multipool?

Sooooo, I can explain this but not in one short post.  I will qoute Martin Luther King Jr. who was well versed in learning how to fight a system that he disagreed with.  In the Letter from Birmingham Jail, he goes on to explain why this needs to be done.  This letter was widely read and very influential in him winning the Nobel Peace Prize.  Basically, if there is a system that we don't like, we need to do something about it.  Mining is wasteful and unproductive.  We could go and burn down the mining factories but that isn't exactly cool.  To actually join the miners and mine POS creating conflict in their system and then also try to convince other POW miners to turn and mine POS is the most non-violent way of bringing an end to the system.  Maybe sometime I will explain this in more detail, but I am very busy this week.  But basically left to their own accords without being challenged, the miners will keep on mining just as the racist whites left to their own accord would have kept on enslaving and abusing blacks. 

MLKJ said..... "You may well ask: "Why direct action? Why sit-ins, marches and so forth? Isn't negotiation a better path?" You are quite right in calling, for negotiation. Indeed, this is the very purpose of direct action. Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks to so dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored. My citing the creation of tension as part of the work of the nonviolent-resister may sound rather shocking. But I must confess that I am not afraid of the word "tension." I have earnestly opposed violent tension, but there is a type of constructive, nonviolent tension which is necessary for growth. Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, we must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_from_Birmingham_Jail

If I can make a little money selling NEM after if starts, I will be willing to buy a miner and join a pool with anybody else that is willing too.  It does not have to be an official pool. 

NEM
susu

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:29:18 AM

I want to know when the auction started it? What are the rules?

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:54:27 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 07:10:31 AM by contraband

UtopianFuture is not against us getting a pool set up.

The multi-pool plan is not dead. Some of us will do what we need to do to get it up and running.

It will create buy support, bring in some participants that would otherwise not become involved, and bring additional attention to NEM in general.

This is a PROFITABLE plan. This may go against some beliefs people have, but it is MY belief that it will not be counterproductive to NEM.

I don't think it can be argued that it is not a     PROFITABLE plan.

The more profitable and successful NEM is, the more likely it will succeed in satisfying the idealists anyway. Which I am not even against. If we can be a part of bringing the crypto scene to a point where mining is stopped, this fits NEMs mission.

Meanwhile, as we are new, we cant not afford to pass up an opportunity to further NEMs accent.

Add me to the list. I pledge 75,000 NEM. If you agree please make your pledge now. It doesn't have to be alot. Many of you will pledge 25,000 NEM, some a little more. If you understand and believe that this will further NEMs progress, PLEDGE SOMETHING.

WE NEED YOU!

This project will increase the value of NEM. This project can not succeed without all that agree making a pledge, as not all members are on board (which is ok).

This is what is supposed to set us APART from everyone else. We have a community that is INVOLVED, and takes ACTION.

We ARE NEM. We don't stand on the sidelines. If you are against the pool that's fine, but if you believe in the project, get involved, and live up to what it means to be a NEM stakeholder, and make the dream a reality!!

BE ACTIVE, AND SUPPORT NEM.. and

MAKE YOUR PLEDGE NOW!!
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 06:53:57 AM

The more profitable and successful NEM is, the more likely it will succeed in satisfying the idealists anyway. Which I am not even against. If we can be a part of bringing the crypto scene to a point where mining is stopped, this fits NEMs mission.

how it will bring PoW to stop, when you'll probably be adding new and new coins into the pool to make it profitable?

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 06:58:42 AM

We had discussion within NEM core dev, and nem core dev* is almost unanimously against multipool.

but as utopianfuture noted, there is possibility, for getting funds from ecosystem and/or promotional funds.

Better that we just allow folks to obtain NEM in a free market. I would support an exchange more then a multipool. But we are all free to support what we believe in. I wish you luck.

Very well i wont go ahead with it then... Il have to think of something else i can organise lol

Having said what I said:

If you think this is good idea,you BELIEVE it it, and you think you'll find/convert enough supporters, GO FOR IT.
There's nothing we (core dev) can do to stop you.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
contraband

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:28:35 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 07:44:39 AM by contraband

Having said what I said:

If you think this is good idea,you BELIEVE it it, and you think you'll find/convert enough supporters, GO FOR IT.

First off, I want to thank you for all your hard work. Seriously, without you guys, we wouldn't be having this debate.

I just want to make sure that people don't misinterpret what is quoted above.

NOT EVERYONE on the dev team is against the plan.

There is obviously a dev(s) on the core team that don't have a problem with the multi-pool plan going forward, as highlighted above.

I thank you for not stopping us from moving forward with something that you are against.

I also would like to thank Utopian and yourself for making clear the use of promotional funds as well.

contraband

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:35:32 AM

how it will bring PoW to stop, when you'll probably be adding new and new coins into the pool to make it profitable?

I believe by doing everything we can to insure NEMs success, and making sure we seize every opportunity to fuel NEMs accent to the Number 1 system/crypto, people will start creating coins/systems in NEMs image, as opposed to Bitcoin/Litecoin/PoW.

Of course at this point the multi-pool would cease to exist along with PoW, but while it is here we will follow the philosophy of taking advantage of all of our options to compete
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:49:12 AM

Sooooo, I can explain this but not in one short post.  I will qoute Martin Luther King Jr. who was well versed in learning how to fight a system that he disagreed with.  In the Letter from Birmingham Jail, he goes on to explain why this needs to be done.  This letter was widely read and very influential in him winning the Nobel Peace Prize.  Basically, if there is a system that we don't like, we need to do something about it.  Mining is wasteful and unproductive.  We could go and burn down the mining factories but that isn't exactly cool.  To actually join the miners and mine POS creating conflict in their system and then also try to convince other POW miners to turn and mine POS is the most non-violent way of bringing an end to the system.  Maybe sometime I will explain this in more detail, but I am very busy this week.  But basically left to their own accords without being challenged, the miners will keep on mining just as the racist whites left to their own accord would have kept on enslaving and abusing blacks. 

MLKJ said..... "You may well ask: "Why direct action? Why sit-ins, marches and so forth? Isn't negotiation a better path?" You are quite right in calling, for negotiation. Indeed, this is the very purpose of direct action. Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks to so dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored. My citing the creation of tension as part of the work of the nonviolent-resister may sound rather shocking. But I must confess that I am not afraid of the word "tension." I have earnestly opposed violent tension, but there is a type of constructive, nonviolent tension which is necessary for growth. Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, we must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_from_Birmingham_Jail

If I can make a little money selling NEM after if starts, I will be willing to buy a miner and join a pool with anybody else that is willing too.  It does not have to be an official pool. 

I tend to agree with SomethingElse. The Multipool will be an advantage to Nem, at least at the beginning, it will allow us to convert miners to PoI while also helping to cleanup the crypto space. If we somehow observe that the advantage changes into a disadvantage, the multipool could be shutdown.
Luyis Gevia

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

Having said what I said:

First off, I want to thank you for all your hard work. Seriously, without you guys, we wouldn't be having this debate.

I just want to make sure that people don't misinterpret what is quoted above.

NOT EVERYONE on the dev team is against the plan.

There is obviously a dev(s) on the core team that don't have a problem with the multi-pool plan going forward, as highlighted above.

I thank you for not stopping us from moving forward with something that you are against.

I also would like to thank Utopian and yourself for making clear the use of promotional funds as well.

Oscar awards? Then you must thank god.
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: