Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:10:03 AM

NXT blockchain pruning does not even have the concept yet. It won't be easy as some claims to be. If blockchain pruning can be done at will, why do bitcoin not have one already ? So I would say do that first before attempting ping pong messaging.

Who said anything can be 'done at will'? That's specious. And how is Bitcoin, an antiquated 1.0 crypto, suddenly the sine qua non of what can and can't be accomplished?

Bitcoin doesn't have the advantage of Nxt or NEM... smaller cryptos can be nimble. We don't have $5+ billion dollars tied to our blockchains (yet!)

We're testing NXTsubatomic crosschain exchanges *today*. NEM and Nxt don't have committees and foundations breathing down our necks. Or miners. Cheesy

Good luck with the "subatomic crosschain". Wink

No luck needed. We're very close.

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=665.msg11906#msg11906

Anything involves James nodecoin would need a great deal of luck to go through.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:22:05 AM

NXT blockchain pruning does not even have the concept yet. It won't be easy as some claims to be. If blockchain pruning can be done at will, why do bitcoin not have one already ? So I would say do that first before attempting ping pong messaging.

Who said anything can be 'done at will'? That's specious. And how is Bitcoin, an antiquated 1.0 crypto, suddenly the sine qua non of what can and can't be accomplished?

Bitcoin doesn't have the advantage of Nxt or NEM... smaller cryptos can be nimble. We don't have $5+ billion dollars tied to our blockchains (yet!)

We're testing NXTsubatomic crosschain exchanges *today*. NEM and Nxt don't have committees and foundations breathing down our necks. Or miners. Cheesy

Good luck with the "subatomic crosschain". Wink

No luck needed. We're very close.

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=665.msg11906#msg11906

Nodecoin is totally different project. He has been working on a lot of things, but we will find out if he delivers once asset exchange goes live

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
swartzfeger

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:25:29 AM

I've bookmarked this. Care to wager a NEM stake on this? Cheesy

Listen, I understand you're the head of NEM. Respect for you and your team. Somehow, in all the 'fair distribution' talk it's forgotten that CfB, Jean-Luc, CIYAM, James and others are a killer team. We're not waiting on an alpha, or picking out logos -- we're testing features now as I type this.

I wouldn't wager my NEM stake if I wasn't 100% positive. Smiley
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:38:54 AM

Listen, I understand you're the head of NEM. Respect for you and your team. Somehow, in all the 'fair distribution' talk it's forgotten that CfB, Jean-Luc, CIYAM, James and others are a killer team. We're not waiting on an alpha, or picking out logos -- we're testing features now as I type this.

I like that you have trust in the project but I tend to be on the cynical side. Probability wise I would gladly take the bet, however it is not something I care too much about so I will pass.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:43:23 AM

I like that you have trust in the project but I tend to be on the cynical side. Probability wise I would gladly take the best, however it is not something I care too much about so I will pass.

And I don't want to put my NEM stake in danger. Smiley

.: bow :.

Some fun reading re: blockchain pruning, mini-blockchains, etc:

http://bitfreak.info/files/pp2p-ccmbc-rev1.pdf
Bruce Red

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:27:49 AM

I like that you have trust in the project but I tend to be on the cynical side. Probability wise I would gladly take the best, however it is not something I care too much about so I will pass.

And I don't want to put my NEM stake in danger. Smiley

.: bow :.

Some fun reading re: blockchain pruning, mini-blockchains, etc:

http://bitfreak.info/files/pp2p-ccmbc-rev1.pdf
thx. indeed fun. Grin Grin

Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:45:59 AM

What is ping pong messaging?

Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:17:03 AM

Are all those people still involved in NXT? I thought CfB's contract was up. It looks like Jean-Luc and wesley have made all the commits for at least all of April: https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/all. Is there another repro where other people are contributing?

NEM - nem.io
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:28:19 AM

Are all those people still involved in NXT? I thought CfB's contract was up. It looks like Jean-Luc and wesley have made all the commits for at least all of April: https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/all. Is there another repro where other people are contributing?

CfB hasn''t left totally. He is still around, and waiting for DGS and asset exchange to finish. CIYAM is of course still working on AT project. James is supposedly "working" on dozens of things, but they don't involve changing nxt core. These are all his own projects. There are many others working on various projects (like android apps, games ( http://www.nox.am/  )  websites ( nxt.org, etc)

Just a proof that CfB hasn't left  https://nxtforum.org/pub-crawl/rfc-project-'jinn'-(processor)/?topicseen

he also promised to do UDP and TF

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:29:41 AM

CfB hasn''t left totally. He is still around, and waiting for DGS and asset exchange to finish. CIYAM is of course still working on AT project. James is supposedly "working" on dozens of things, but they don't involve changing nxt core. These are all his own projects. There are many others working on various projects (like android apps, games ( http://www.nox.am/  )  websites ( nxt.org, etc)

The front page of the game demo does look inviting. I could agree that NXT is still the most exciting alt coin system out there currently.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
zsuhsl

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:31:47 AM

Announcement: On behalf of NEM dev. team I would like to invite qualified candidates to apply for the position of marketing manager for NEM.

Qualifications:
- experiences with crypto currency communities.
- familiarity with marketing strategies of different crypo promoting group including Bitcoin, Doge, Blackcoin, Peercoin, NXT.
- good at English writing for promotional materials.

Requirements:   
- can spend at least 20 hours per week on NEM related promotional tasks.
- can volunteer for NEM related works.
- being a NEM stakeholder is preferable (not necessarily one right now but should be one over the long-term).
- can formulate a long term strategy as well as individual promotional projects for NEM.

Benefit:
- This is not a temporary hire but you will be a member of NEM development team (while we can pay for specific tasks) and can benefit as such. You will work in association with me as well as other NEM core developers in our many future endeavors.

Please send me a P.M describing your relevant experiences and I will contact you for further interviews. This is a very important position for NEM, so I expect the selection process will take sometimes but hopefully we will have the position filled before NEM alpha release.

Please spread it as far as possible where you see fit Smiley
+1,Grin
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:40:05 AM

The front page of the game demo does look inviting. I could agree that NXT is still the most exciting alt coin system out there currently.
I don't understand all this tecky stuff / Does this mean that Dodge is more advanced than nxt ?
Looking at if from a market cap stand point it must be true. I hope one day nxt can shake off the dark stigma of unfair distribution and whales but i don't see it happening anytime soon if ever.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:43:13 AM

Nxt is the most exciting 'coin' for me, but I'm also pretty excited about NEM.  Overall Nxt and NEM are really the only ones that excite me at all, so far.  I'm a little sceptical about Ethereum...

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:45:04 AM

I don't understand all this tecky stuff / Does this mean that Dodge is more advanced than nxt ?
Looking at if from a market cap stand point it must be true. I hope one day nxt can shake of the dark stigma of unfair distribution and whales but i don't see it happening anytime soon if ever.

Did "whales" hurt bitcoin? 1 person holds 10% of bitcoin and 200 or so have 60%. Same applies to Litecoin and Peeercoin.  In fact, same applies to Nem. The population of the word is 7 billion. So "3000" (if you ignore sock puppets) would be considered "unfair distribution, by the rest of 7 billion.  Your argument is total nonsense.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:52:14 AM

Looking at if from a market cap stand point it must be true. I hope one day nxt can shake of the dark stigma of unfair distribution and whales but i don't see it happening anytime soon if ever.

Did "whales" hurt bitcoin? 1 person holds 10% of bitcoin and 200 or so have 60%. Same applies to Litecoin and Peeercoin.  In fact, same applies to Nem. The population of the word is 7 billion. So "3000" (if you ignore sock puppets) would be considered "unfair distribution, by the rest of 7 billion.  Your argument is total nonsense.

+1 Yep.  I've always thought about this.  If mass adoption is what matters, than there really isn't much of a difference between 10, 73, or 3000.  However, there are a FEW advantages to having a few more initial stakeholders, like having more people run nodes at first and help out with marketing and such.  And in this case, although I think it's unfair and doesn't really matter in the end, having less than 100 stakeholders apparently has a pretty negative stigma...

Edit: and by unfair, I mean I think it's unfair that so many people have such a negative view about Nxt's initial distribution.  It's already better than bitcoin's distribution.

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
mr smith

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:05:27 AM

Who has the argument and what for ? Oh i see then so Dodge is more advanced then

New Economy Movement
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:16:41 AM

Who has the argument and what for ? Oh i see then so Dodge is more advanced then

Doge is a clone of litecoin. It has very active community, but there is nothing "advanced" about it. It's first generation crypto that is bitcoin clone.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
mr smith

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:22:10 AM

Doge is a clone of litecoin. It has very active community, but there is nothing "advanced" about it. It's first generation crypto that is bitcoin clone.

Why then is it doing so good ? maybe it's the community
Edit by good i mean a lot better than your nxt

New Economy Movement

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:25:34 AM

I hope to be able to log into the trading platform

Eadeqa

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:30:24 AM

Why then is it doing so good ? maybe it's the community
Edit by good i mean a lot better than your nxt

Stop posting nonsense, dude.  The topic of this thread is " No Envy Movement". Would you stop your nxt jealously? It's not "my" nxt. I wasn't the original stakeholder.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: