Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:36:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Emill

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:12:15 PM

All the altcoins are kind of turning me off to cryptos. I mean, last week there were 22 coins launched in six days, and so far 15 for this week. (Look at the calendar for last week http://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar) Nothing new, all design to make the developers some quick cash. The only innovations are the names, and a story or gimmick behind the coin.

For example, off the top my head, I'll come up with a name for a coin, and a story behind it.

DiabetesCoin. DiabetesCoin is meant to help the millions of people in the world who suffer from diabetes. This coin will make it easier for them to purchase medicine, etc, etc, etc.

Or like this coin named HooliganPound, (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512033.0) designed to make the crypto world better by kicking out all the other shit coins.

I mean. That's why I think it might be a little better if we don't release the source code for Nem until it secures features and services. (For example, maybe a subcription website that only accepts Nem.) If only there was some way for people to trust that the people behind Nem are not up to no good. But that's just my little opinion. This post is mainly complaining about all these new alt coins.

One more point. I mined an alt coin and sent it to cryptsy the other day. And I was absolutely shocked when by chance I looked at my balance page two minutes later and the coin had already posted. It felt like an extremely convenient moment. So even though this was a shit coin, it felt a hundred times more convenient than Bitcoin, which takes an eternity to post.

So even though this shit coin just felt better than Bitcoin, Bitcoin is solidly at the top, and won't go anywhere anytime soon, because it's established with so much services behind it. So do consider holding back on releasing the source code for Nem, before making a good effort in establishing it. Else the clones might make it just another coin.
Some rule etched on a stone tablet dated 0000 states "Thou shalt not keep thy code secret "

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shlswq

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:18:05 PM

Any updates?
HeroZero124

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:39:24 PM

I was just mulling through some ideas in my head about NEM. Nothing really vastly important, just things to consider:
  • Openness and transparency are both key factors in developing and maintaining trust with current users and new users alike. Therefore a page on the NEM website listing all the developers and their roles, along with their contact details and perhaps (although not vital, for privacy reasons) a picture too.
  • Now, a lot of you are aware of the recent alt-coin boom, along with the strange KLONE project which plans to clone NEM as soon as NEM's source is released. For this reason, I think it may be wise to withhold releasing the source code for a month or two after release. If this is going to be the case then it is of high importance that (a) it's made completely obvious why the source is being withheld, and (b) when it will be released (perhaps with a big countdown on the website?). If both of these points are followed, then no on can accuse NEM of shady practice.
  • In order to explain NEM to newbies, a host of media must be availble to them: Simplistic videos (<3 minutes, animation, easy to follow etc.), infographics favourably comparing NEM to BTC, professionally made video/text tutorials for installing and using the NEM client etc.
HeroZero124

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

Any updates?

Check the first page of the thread, major updates are posted there. There's also the promotion board (linked on the first post), which is a hive of activity on the development side of things.
HeroZero124

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:25:16 PM

NEM, the first cryptocurrency sent using a smartwatch.

A future headline? I just read that Google has come out with Android Wear, a Android operating system for smartwatches. Smartphones, smartwatches and smart wearables are the future. The wallet can be unlocked with its internal password safe or with facial recognition (PCA, Eigenface, neural net) or with a NFC ring. The camera will read the NEM address from a QR code and the amount can be entered through its touchscreen keyboard (10-key, minuum.com etc... ).

Is it difficult to get a basic NEM wallet running on a smartwatch?

LOL who owns a smartwatch?!

Lol. Quite. The Samsung Gear looks like absolute trash. I guess we'd better wait till Apple release one, no doubt they'll set the standard. (cue the Apple hate haha..)
HeroZero124

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:43:24 PM

I feel like I'm spamming quite a bit, so this is my last post!

I understand the size of the stake we'll each get is governed by the following formula:

Code:
Amount of NEM per stakeholder = (4e9-[development stakes]) / No. of stakeholders

What is the amount of NEM devoted to the development stakes?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:45:17 PM

I understand the size of the stake we'll each get is governed by the following formula:

Code:
Amount of NEM per stakeholder = (4e9-[development stakes]) / No. of stakeholders

If all goes well there will be a detailed announcement regarding this and other stuff this weekend.

HeroZero124

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:18:15 PM

I was just mulling through some ideas in my head about NEM. Nothing really vastly important, just things to consider:
  • Openness and transparency are both key factors in developing and maintaining trust with current users and new users alike. Therefore a page on the NEM website listing all the developers and their roles, along with their contact details and perhaps (although not vital, for privacy reasons) a picture too.
  • Now, a lot of you are aware of the recent alt-coin boom, along with the strange KLONE project which plans to clone NEM as soon as NEM's source is released. For this reason, I think it may be wise to withhold releasing the source code for a month or two after release. If this is going to be the case then it is of high importance that (a) it's made completely obvious why the source is being withheld, and (b) when it will be released (perhaps with a big countdown on the website?). If both of these points are followed, then no on can accuse NEM of shady practice.
  • In order to explain NEM to newbies, a host of media must be availble to them: Simplistic videos (<3 minutes, animation, easy to follow etc.), infographics favourably comparing NEM to BTC, professionally made video/text tutorials for installing and using the NEM client etc.

Can't talk for anyone else but I wouldn't want my contact details and sure as frack my picture on the site. If anyone wants to contact the devs theres this thread, the official forum which will hopefully flurish once the launch is over and this thread can be closed and there's the trello board. Alist of all the core devs could be nice though.

I'm only a little worried about clones. Mainly because to my knowledge there is still no NXT clone that has managed to put up a blockchain. Also NEM has some very new and complex features (just like NXT does) that will take time to get to know. E.g POI and the Eigentrust++ algo used for peer-trust isn't something you implement in a day or two. I think people will hesitate to simply clone something they don't  know or understand. I'm not saying these things are so complex only our devs can ever understand them I'm saying they are relatively new in the crypto scene and will therefore be watched first. Also I'm impressed with how professional the people that are working on this project are. I think this is something not every crypto has and it will set us a side from every half ass clone project.

I think a host of media will be available plus a big community willing to answer all possible questions Wink

By contact details, I meant things like Bitcointalk link, dedicated email, other forums links etc. not your home address or personal email or anything like that! Smiley
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:25:27 PM

I completely agree.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
HeroZero124

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:26:34 PM

Code:

If all goes well there will be a detailed announcement regarding this and other stuff this weekend.

Awesome. Thanks for the info! I'm loving the helpful, friendly vibe that NEM has. Let's hope it continues and doesn't stagnate into a sanctimonious, anti-newbie cesspit akin to the Bitcoin subreddit.
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:19:49 PM

All the altcoins are kind of turning me off to cryptos. I mean, last week there were 22 coins launched in six days, and so far 15 for this week. (Look at the calendar for last week http://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar) Nothing new, all design to make the developers some quick cash. The only innovations are the names, and a story or gimmick behind the coin.

For example, off the top my head, I'll come up with a name for a coin, and a story behind it.

DiabetesCoin. DiabetesCoin is meant to help the millions of people in the world who suffer from diabetes. This coin will make it easier for them to purchase medicine, etc, etc, etc.

Or like this coin named HooliganPound, (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512033.0) designed to make the crypto world better by kicking out all the other shit coins.

I mean. That's why I think it might be a little better if we don't release the source code for Nem until it secures features and services. (For example, maybe a subcription website that only accepts Nem.) If only there was some way for people to trust that the people behind Nem are not up to no good. But that's just my little opinion. This post is mainly complaining about all these new alt coins.

One more point. I mined an alt coin and sent it to cryptsy the other day. And I was absolutely shocked when by chance I looked at my balance page two minutes later and the coin had already posted. It felt like an extremely convenient moment. So even though this was a shit coin, it felt a hundred times more convenient than Bitcoin, which takes an eternity to post.

So even though this shit coin just felt better than Bitcoin, Bitcoin is solidly at the top, and won't go anywhere anytime soon, because it's established with so much services behind it. So do consider holding back on releasing the source code for Nem, before making a good effort in establishing it. Else the clones might make it just another coin.

All those coins are trash, I wont buy any. NEM is unique with the most of individuals support, great Devs and many new functions. It should be a very successful coin.

Nems uniqueness is not going to help it when it comes to people who have never heard of any other coin besides Bitcoin.

People who haven't heard of any coins except Bitcoin are probably not going to be a problem. if NEM is the second thing they hear about and it's better than BTC (hard to deny that imho) then they'll like NEM Smiley

The problem is that by the time they hear about Nem it might not be unique anymore, due to all the Nem clones using Nems source code. Bitcoin had years to establish itself before people started creating alt coins, and I think it would be good not to release the source code and build trust another way, before get rich quick developers start using its source and continuing this mess that crypto is becoming.

that is very depressing  http://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar

Maybe that kind of activity spreads or breaks the good activity, and result is that nothing will become complete.
* waiting mode is on ****

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
mindblown

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:38:33 PM

Any updates?

Check the first page of the thread, major updates are posted there. There's also the promotion board (linked on the first post), which is a hive of activity on the development side of things.

Thanks for your informations!!! It help a lot
OvensUnited

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

Code:

Ohhh, a cryptic announcement announcement. Nice! Smiley
OvensUnited

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:21:37 PM

I've been thinking along the same lines lately, especially with no.2 on that list. The longer NEM has to anchor itself in the crypto world as the ONLY PoI coin, establishing itself as the leader in the field, the better.
Swalters

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:08:51 PM

When we are ready, here is a item for the swarm team.

Join wethedata by sharing an amazing project, event, video, or news article.
WeTheData - For the People, By the People! wethedata.org
wethedata.org/participate/tell/
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 10:22:39 PM

Selling all my (a bit less than 90 dont know the exact number but I will count it if you want to buy all) bitcointalk account all invested during nem IPO:

Altough I invested during the whole IPO period, all accounts invested different ammount of btc or nxt, I'm selling every one
account for 0.25 bitcoin / acc, no matter how much did I invest with that acc address, 0.008 or 0.075, all acc have the same price.
For those who want to buy all, im selling for 0.15 bitcoin / acc.

I know some other big nem sockpuppet stakeholders some with 1-5 and some with more than 20 acc, but im think I one of the biggest, 90 is a nice stake if you see the total is about 3k only.

The accounts were all signed up with different IP address, I used my Ukrainen VPN provider with Ukrainein IPs, so there are no 2 account where I logged with the same IP, every one have a different unique, I did this because afraid the bitcointalk admins can bann my accounts if they see many new created with the same IP, so all accounts are bann free.

There is no connection between the accounts and not in their addresses, I withdraw all the invested moneys from several exchanges to unique address, so even you can't find connection with taint analysis, maybe just find a common exchange address, but nothing more direct connection.

All acc have fake email, I dont have access to them, after you buy it you can change with the password, if you want to buy only a few acc I will give the username and password details via pm, if you want to buy all I uploading a text file.

With the 0.15 BTC price for the 90 acc, dont know how much one acc will get, but maybe calculate with 1 million nem in each.
So all with this price is 13.5 bitcoin, and you will have 90 million nem.
This will price 1 nem to 0.00000015 bitcoin or 0.00009$ (if you see 600$ / btc) this is a fair price for a new starting coin.

The last stakeholders paid 0.075 bitcoin, the higher price / acc is because now the IPO is closed, so the only way to buy nem stake before it launches is by buying accounts from who joined to the IPO, and almost nobody selling it.

For the haters: Yes I made sockpuppet accounts, but all of you reading this thread had the same opportunity to make more accounts, if you didnt than it means I took more risk than you, I invested a lot of time (1 week / constant 6-10 hours a day) and money to this IPO, and the OP post at the time the IPO started said if somebody invest that much time then he deserves it because believing in this coin.

Im living in Ukraine, so for personal reasons i need some fiat money instead of nothing now but I keep 5 or 10 btctalk nem accounts, because still thinking this coin have a future.

Write a PM to me!

I hate you^^

Here it is: TakePart!
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:26:57 PM

Selling all my (a bit less than 90 dont know the exact number but I will count it if you want to buy all) bitcointalk account all invested during nem IPO:

Assuming you sell to more than 1 person, this will help to increase the distribution, so I'm all for this...

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:35:30 PM

Altough I invested during the whole IPO period, all accounts invested different ammount of btc or nxt, I'm selling every one
account for 0.25 bitcoin / acc, no matter how much did I invest with that acc address, 0.008 or 0.075, all acc have the same price.

I know some other big nem sockpuppet stakeholders some with 1-5 and some with more than 20 acc, but im think I one of the biggest, 90 is a nice stake if you see the total is about 3k only.

The accounts were all signed up with different IP address, I used my Ukrainen VPN provider with Ukrainein IPs, so there are no 2 account where I logged with the same IP, every one have a different unique, I did this because afraid the bitcointalk admins can bann my accounts if they see many new created with the same IP, so all accounts are bann free.

There is no connection between the accounts and not in their addresses, I withdraw all the invested moneys from several exchanges to unique address, so even you can't find connection with taint analysis, maybe just find a common exchange address, but nothing more direct connection.

All acc have fake email, I dont have access to them, after you buy it you can change with the password, if you want to buy only a few acc I will give the username and password details via pm, if you want to buy all I uploading a text file.

With the 0.15 BTC price for the 90 acc, dont know how much one acc will get, but maybe calculate with 1 million nem in each.
This will price 1 nem to 0.00000015 bitcoin or 0.00009$ (if you see 600$ / btc) this is a fair price for a new starting coin.

The last stakeholders paid 0.075 bitcoin, the higher price / acc is because now the IPO is closed, so the only way to buy nem stake before it launches is by buying accounts from who joined to the IPO, and almost nobody selling it.

For the haters: Yes I made sockpuppet accounts, but all of you reading this thread had the same opportunity to make more accounts, if you didnt than it means I took more risk than you, I invested a lot of time (1 week / constant 6-10 hours a day) and money to this IPO, and the OP post at the time the IPO started said if somebody invest that much time then he deserves it because believing in this coin.

Im living in Ukraine, so for personal reasons i need some fiat money instead of nothing now but I keep 5 or 10 btctalk nem accounts, because still thinking this coin have a future.

Write a PM to me!

I will buy all 90 accounts for 30 BTC and donate them back to the development fund if you can prove that you own all 90 accounts such as making the same post 90 times consecutively in one thread (all has to come from the same IP address). Escrow holding my money if needed. This is one of my BTC address 1KeZuWC7GHSQ949127UdFXyoTieGkzTroy so you know I am not joking.

BUT I strongly suspect you are a liar. A lot of liars have come forward and claim owning a large amount of NEM stakes so you are not alone.

Prove it.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 10:37:57 PM

Write a PM to me!

I will buy all 90 accounts for 30 BTC and donate them back to the development fund if you can prove that you own all 90 accounts such as making the same post 90 times consecutively in one thread (all has to come from the same IP address). Escrow holding my money if needed. This is one of my BTC address 1KeZuWC7GHSQ949127UdFXyoTieGkzTroy so you know I am not joking.

BUT I strongly suspect you are a liar. A lot of liars have come forward and claim owning a large amount of NEM stakes so you are not alone.

Prove it.  

+1

Here it is: TakePart!
HissFast12

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:46:51 PM

Assuming you sell to more than 1 person, this will help to increase the distribution, so I'm all for this...

Hmm, I very much doubt one person would part with min 22.5 BTC to buy every stake...

So yes, I also agree. Once people get over the sour feeling of envy, they'll realise that this whale distributing his stakes before the launch is a very good thing.
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: