Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:38:49 AM

NxT did hit $90 million for a brief period.  Aurora hit $300 million.   Both did well based on initial community reaction but the price plummeted when confidence went out the window.  I think if NxT had a better IPO - it would had hit and remained stable at $100+ million and would had potential to upswing in value.  

Bitcointalk had 100x lower number of accounts in September, when Nxt IPO started (and was 60 days long then), but still, everyone could join it and pay 100 dollars for 1 Bitcoin and buy into maximum stake in Nxt in September and October. Price of Bitcoin was skyrocketing in November, so IPO had to be shorter due to the Bitcoin price (700 dollars instead of 100). If there was no Nxt, there would be no NEM aswell
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:50:40 AM

so its a very likely possibility that bitcoin soars in the coming months (see bitcoin logarithmic chart going back years) nem hit 40-80million market cap meaning 10-20k dollars per stake.. gawd... im starting to think thats a pessimistic outlook... 100 million cap?

NxT did hit $90 million for a brief period.  Aurora hit $300 million.   Both did well based on initial community reaction but the price plummeted when confidence went out the window.  I think if NxT had a better IPO - it would had hit and remained stable at $100+ million and would had potential to upswing in value.  

Any coin that avoids the scandals and deliver on revolutionary features can easily hit $1 billion within months and later replace BTC, and it wouldn't take 4 years (there's so much potential money in the crypto world, compared to 2010-2013, but nobody wants to throw it at BTC or any of the $hitcoins.  The market is there but the product isn't).

I think this will happen.

IF Jaguar and the team are able to accomplish their goals, and UP and the rest of us promote this right, and the wallet is one click install, IF these things happen, which I dont see why they wouldn't, it will beat ripples market cap no problem.

It will be in the billions. Everyone will want to ride the wave.
No question!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:01:03 AM

It's an excellent time to be creating the 'ideal' crypto. An awful lot of lessons have been learnt recently.
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:04:07 AM

It can go into the billions, but it will be really hard and take a long time.

The community really has to get involved, even just simply mentioning Nem to others on other website would help a lot. Just mentioning for awareness, not advising people to buy into it, since it will be looked at as someone trying to sell you something for their own benefit and cause a lot or resentment.

But the community has to get behind it, including mentioning Nem in their Bitcoin talk signature. I see a lot of stakeholders, and many of them don't have a Nem signature.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 03:28:33 AM

I'd like to participate this project. I'm an old member on bitcointalk forum. I can provide some service. Please take a full consideration.
Thank you.

I just posted in the waiting list thread.

Hi, nice to see another veteran coming aboard!!!

shiyang1992

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:42:45 AM

Development update:

The development contract announcement will be delayed. My plan is to have the announcement when we have a clear road map of NEM development going forward and preferably within 1-2 weeks of the alpha launch. Unfortunately, at this point we don't have an ETA for the alpha launch yet and consequently, the formal announcement is delayed. My guesstimate of the Alpha is still on later part of April but there are quite a few things that needs to be worked on before we can make a solid ETA.

We currently have two repo, one for NEM infrastructure codes and one for NEM client codes and quite a few other concurrent projects going on. Progress is made on daily basis and team-quality wise I think we are as strong as Ethereum group except that NEM team and development are still in a stealthy mode.

NEM client would be called NEM community client (NCC) and here is NCC specification written by Thies1965. Feel free to comment on it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZVrzuS_krjRF5rMvt5oKl3IS3VOhF_qnn2faZb7KZQ/edit

These are some mock-up design of NCC

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9jSTPeGZxgtTjVncFlmMmJ6LW8&usp=sharing

I hope you like what NCC will look like in the future. Let me know if you are a developer and interested in working on expanding NEM ecosystem. I have some ideas about the future direction of NEM that I could share and I am very excited about it. Thanks.    

Very nice mockups.

Love that you think that the Nem team is just as strong as the Etherium team.
I have seen the mockups.
But I find it a little same as the nxt client.
I think we should make more changes compared with NXT.
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:58:54 AM

Development update:

The development contract announcement will be delayed. My plan is to have the announcement when we have a clear road map of NEM development going forward and preferably within 1-2 weeks of the alpha launch. Unfortunately, at this point we don't have an ETA for the alpha launch yet and consequently, the formal announcement is delayed. My guesstimate of the Alpha is still on later part of April but there are quite a few things that needs to be worked on before we can make a solid ETA.

We currently have two repo, one for NEM infrastructure codes and one for NEM client codes and quite a few other concurrent projects going on. Progress is made on daily basis and team-quality wise I think we are as strong as Ethereum group except that NEM team and development are still in a stealthy mode.

NEM client would be called NEM community client (NCC) and here is NCC specification written by Thies1965. Feel free to comment on it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ZVrzuS_krjRF5rMvt5oKl3IS3VOhF_qnn2faZb7KZQ/edit

I hope you like what NCC will look like in the future. Let me know if you are a developer and interested in working on expanding NEM ecosystem. I have some ideas about the future direction of NEM that I could share and I am very excited about it. Thanks.    

Very nice mockups.

I have seen the mockups.

In what ways do you think it is similar to the NXT client? What changes would you like to see?

NEM - nem.io
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 04:08:22 AM

Development update:

Very nice mockups.

I have seen the mockups.

In what ways do you think it is similar to the NXT client? What changes would you like to see?

I think it looks a little bit like the NXT client but better!  Great job guys.  I love the ideas of the additional functions.  I think the NEM logo could use a bit of refinement, but other than that it is very clean!

Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:08:52 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 04:25:00 AM by Chris001

The community really has to get involved, even just simply mentioning Nem to others on other website would help a lot. Just mentioning for awareness, not advising people to buy into it, since it will be looked at as someone trying to sell you something for their own benefit and cause a lot or resentment.

But the community has to get behind it, including mentioning Nem in their Bitcoin talk signature. I see a lot of stakeholders, and many of them don't have a Nem signature.

I agree with everything your saying except it taking a long time. I really think it will happen fast. Im not saying this because I want to get rich quick, don't get me wrong that would be nice, but I think people are going to want NEM. There's a ton of investors always looking for the next big thing. What is the next big thing?

Serious investors are looking for innovation, this coin im thinking will have that innovation. So we will see them going big on NEM early, because they will see that it DOES have a future. Early on I believe the perception will be that NEM will be here to stay. So they will, like you, see NEM gaining in vaule over time. Their "job" is to invest before it does.

I also think you're right on the money that its going to take hard work, commitment, and all of us coming together. But I think this will happen as well.

What I do think will take awhile is spreading it to the masses. I also agree with others who have brought up that to do so will take us hiring professionals. When it cones to this, we will have the money to do so. And when we do this, and investors see us doing this, they will buy even more NEM.

We will win over the crypto community quickly because of the superiority of NEM, and the promotional efforts of t he community, but going mainstream will be an uphill battle.

Will we make it that far? Will we get the attention of the masses?  I do know that NEM has the potential to reach the top of that mountain!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
shiyang1992

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:36:59 AM

Development update:

Very nice mockups.

I have seen the mockups.

YES, a little like the http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/#
But the nem client is better.
But you just give out the design, can you give us some code ?

nxtvisa

Activity: 263

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:51:55 AM

Development update:

Very nice mockups.

I have seen the mockups.

I think it looks a little bit like the NXT client but better!  Great job guys.  I love the ideas of the additional functions.  I think the NEM logo could use a bit of refinement, but other than that it is very clean!
+1000,  Great!Trust cryptocurrency, Trust NEM!

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:30:07 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 06:42:55 AM by Eadeqa

Development update:

Very nice mockups.

I have seen the mockups.

The client looks similar to Wesley's Nxt client. Probably some of the same base code, like this one

https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/(windows-mac-linux)-nxtwallet/?topicseen

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:50:09 AM

Development update:

Congratulations for all the hard work to Utopianfuture and all the dev team. What we see is carefully organized and very impressing progress. Keep up the good work. As a community we should try to be very supportive of this team. They are really good from what we can see until now.

As for the mock-up designs, I like them very much and between them, from 0.1 folder - LP_No Overlay.jpg seems amazing(the best).  Cool

Keep up the good work guys, I'm proud to be part of Nem.

P.S. As I said before, looking at what kind of progress we make, this is the most promising project I see. Every aspect has been and is improving. This is innovation and not clone work and is extremely valuable. Don't even think about selling a stake under 5 btc, and if you do, you'll probably cry hard later.

Great work guys.
shiyang1992

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:12:06 AM

I think it will take a long time , nem have a long road to go.
1. I think the should give the coin out.
2. Now ,the btc's price is very low, so most of alternate coins have been involved in.
3. There are many copetitions. Such as eth, emu, nxt, xcp, msc, bts..........

So, We still have a long way to go.
Emill

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:12:36 AM

Great job it looks cool. Please don't be tempted to make changes, we need one client and one client only.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
shiyang1992

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:13:34 AM

Development update:

Very nice mockups.

I have seen the mockups.

The client looks similar to Wesley's Nxt client. Probably some of the same base code, like this one

https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/(windows-mac-linux)-nxtwallet/?topicseen
So that mean the NEM is base on the NXT ?
But I heard that the NEM is a new coding not base on any onther coins.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:18:01 AM

Development update:

Very nice mockups.

I have seen the mockups.

So that mean the NEM is base on the NXT ?
But I heard that the NEM is a new coding not base on any onther coins.

No, but whoever is writing the Nem client (probably not even written yet, just images) obviously was inspired by Wesley's Nxt client.  The client and server isn't  the same thing.

Wesley's client is scheduled to be fully integrated as default client

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:37:38 AM

Hi Guys,
I have heard that some people have more then 1 stake of NEM and would like to sell stakes.I'm now in the waiting list, but I will be more then happy to buy one stake for me if it's legal of course.
please send me PM about this deal-if you want to sell 1 stake for me.
thank you.

Remember not to trust anyone and that no stakes have been distributed yet.
Thank You very much for Your advice. I won't trust but I'm really want to be in this community!
This is really pity that I was late on NEM registration...
Again! People! are there some gays which would like to sell me 1 stake?

Why only gays, y ;Dou have something against straight people  Huh maybe you should include all people this way you will have a better chance of getting a stake  Wink

Sorry friends! I meant straight people!!! or just any people which can sell 1 stake for me.

Honest mistake, comon guys. It was hilarious.

It surely was Smiley

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:43:28 AM

edit: fee: 0.000006 nem? is that wat tx fees will be? :O

I wouldn't bet on that. It's a mockup and I don't thing too much thought went into that number. Actually the fee structure is still being discussed.
Enjoy the design and don't read all the text too closely Smiley

bitfromit

Activity: 329

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:48:02 AM

wow it is moving along...
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: