Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
jxmhqjg

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:23:06 PM

As a newcomer,I think NEM is equal to bitcoin+FACEBOOK:
1、wallet
2、Communication community

NEM is the future
jyou17

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:25:04 PM

What is this talk about dropping members who have posted only once or a few times? I don't feel it would be that fair to people like me. I have no relevant skills to help out with the project, but I am following it closely as it really looks magnificent and well thought out and I feel there is great potential. I helped out by buying a stake for almost $80AUD, so why should I be kicked from the stakeholders list? I could post more frequently, but the posts wouldn't be of much use and would be buried by the more important stuff.

I understand that everyone is trying to make it the fairest it can be, however we need to be careful. A lot of legitimate new comers put real money into this and it would quite harsh to boot them. As I mentioned I put in almost $80AUD and shortly after the price dropped significantly (over 50%) as a bonus to the last few new comers. I don't mind as I really saw potential with the project and it looks like my investment is paying off, but I would be extremely sad and disappointed if I was kicked from the stakeholders list simply because I didn't post enough. I may not have much to show for on this forum, but I mean it doesn't mean I haven't talked to my friends and people at my uni about the coin.

This is my first cryptocurrency I've put some real (real to me as I don't have much) money into, and I really hope I get to stay a part of it. The developers are doing an outstanding job and the wallet mock-ups look great. I can't wait until the alpha comes.
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:33:49 PM

What is this talk about dropping members who have posted only once or a few times? I don't feel it would be that fair to people like me. I have no relevant skills to help out with the project, but I am following it closely as it really looks magnificent and well thought out and I feel there is great potential. I helped out by buying a stake for almost $80AUD, so why should I be kicked from the stakeholders list? I could post more frequently, but the posts wouldn't be of much use and would be buried by the more important stuff.

I understand that everyone is trying to make it the fairest it can be, however we need to be careful. A lot of legitimate new comers put real money into this and it would quite harsh to boot them. As I mentioned I put in almost $80AUD and shortly after the price dropped significantly (over 50%) as a bonus to the last few new comers. I don't mind as I really saw potential with the project and it looks like my investment is paying off, but I would be extremely sad and disappointed if I was kicked from the stakeholders list simply because I didn't post enough. I may not have much to show for on this forum, but I mean it doesn't mean I haven't talked to my friends and people at my uni about the coin.

This is my first cryptocurrency I've put some real (real to me as I don't have much) money into, and I really hope I get to stay a part of it. The developers are doing an outstanding job and the wallet mock-ups look great. I can't wait until the alpha comes.
To the best of my knowledge, there are no intentions to do such thing

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
bob131313

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:43:05 PM

So I was thinking about the robustness to network attack and wanted to bring up a few points that could prove useful.

Random port assignment - Right now easiest way to shutdown btc is to block the ports that they use. These are coded into the client. Having a system in place that dynamically bounces to different ports based on an algorithm might be useful.

Packet Inspection - another easy way to shutdown btc is to drop packets that match the fingerprint. Consider having packets wrapped in an http or video obfuscation layer so they appear as normal traffic.

Just a couple of random thoughts.

mikesbmw

Activity: 338

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:43:41 PM

I waited what impact will have releasing of NXT code. The community thought that it will drive the price up, but in reality it did nothing for NXT, just many people trying to copy it. They didnt, but I heard those people saying they are not going to copy NXT code because it is strangely written.
Not sure how important releasing of code is, but think we should do something to prevent copying it.

First rule of economy says that resources are limited, thats what gives them value.
NEM must be valuebale. I totally stopped caring for 1.gen crypto, just because how much of them is in existence. Dont let that happend to NEM.

You're right the source release had no positive effect for NXT regarding the price. I think that witholding however did have an effect - a negative one.
That's because everyone was anticipating a HUGE price rise and so the price had already risen to extreme highs.
When it was released, all that was left was a lukewarm "meh". Followed by: this is shit  Cheesy

It's very common for a stock (I see it as a stock) to do this.

If you look at the code today, it hardly resembles the original code. Great work from Jean-Luc!

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
jyou17

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:50:01 PM

To the best of my knowledge, there are no intentions to do such thing

I hope not :/
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:03:01 PM

It was the suggestion of one guy and one guy only. Utopianfuture has made the rules pretty clear, and from what I've seen he would be very against such a suggestion. It would not be fair at all to the legitimate stakeholders in the bunch.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:32:44 PM

btw, the word NEMber is inspired. Kudos to whoever coined it  Smiley

Thx Wink

patmast3r

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:34:45 PM

It was the suggestion of one guy and one guy only. Utopianfuture has made the rules pretty clear, and from what I've seen he would be very against such a suggestion. It would not be fair at all to the legitimate stakeholders in the bunch.

Being inactive will only byte you if you are a sockpuppet. If an account pops up during taint analysis and then also shows almost zero acitivity it is very likely to be a sockpuppet and that's when it may be refunded (depending on wether or not the person reacts to the accusation and in what way).

Nintendocore

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:59:05 PM

It very cool and will become new development in industry!
NEM - this future  Smiley

N E M   New Economy Movement  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.0
xzhybbs

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:59:48 PM

NCC's vision is really very good, as a shareholder, I'll wait for NEM day of glory!
marek3ball

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:56:35 PM

Hello all,

I have been following you for quite a long time and I would love to have your coin in our exchange, we are not like any other exchange that have full of silly worthless coins. At Binary Fund we choose our crypto currencies wisely, we do our best to investigate and research a coin before adding it. Only coins that we think may have a future are added to the exchange. We don’t accept bribes or have paid voting systems. We have very few coins and we like to keep it that way but we would like to have your coin with us. www.binaryfund.com has been in Beta version since a few days ago and we are fully functional now. Please take a look at our exchange and tell us what you think. We are based in London. Please see below the explanations of Binary fund features.

WHAT IS BINARY FUND?

Binary Fund is a state of the art exchange platform for crypto currencies. It has been developed to meet the needs of those new to trading and experienced traders alike.

FEATURES
•Secure coin storage. Every coin is send to a cold storage wallet so only the Binary Fund crew can access it.
•Candle stick graphs for every market pair to view the price history.
•We allow bank transfer to deposit fiat into your account without going through a third party.
•We have trading pairs for trading with GBP, EUR and USD.
•User friendly website with adjustable market pairs. You can hide market pairs you’re not interested in.
•Withdrawal through PayPal and bank transfer.
•Regular competitions with crypto prizes.
•Lively and engaging chat.

DESIGN
Binary Fund is designed with the user in mind. Trading is laid out to make it as easy and powerful as possible. With a clean, clear, concise layout even new users will understand how the platform works in only a few minutes.

www.binaryfund.com

Looks good! Will you add NXT and later NEM?
fondobinario

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:25:41 PM

Hello all,

I have been following you for quite a long time and I would love to have your coin in our exchange, we are not like any other exchange that have full of silly worthless coins. At Binary Fund we choose our crypto currencies wisely, we do our best to investigate and research a coin before adding it. Only coins that we think may have a future are added to the exchange. We don’t accept bribes or have paid voting systems. We have very few coins and we like to keep it that way but we would like to have your coin with us. www.binaryfund.com has been in Beta version since a few days ago and we are fully functional now. Please take a look at our exchange and tell us what you think. We are based in London. Please see below the explanations of Binary fund features.

WHAT IS BINARY FUND?

Binary Fund is a state of the art exchange platform for crypto currencies. It has been developed to meet the needs of those new to trading and experienced traders alike.

FEATURES
•Secure coin storage. Every coin is send to a cold storage wallet so only the Binary Fund crew can access it.
•Candle stick graphs for every market pair to view the price history.
•We allow bank transfer to deposit fiat into your account without going through a third party.
•We have trading pairs for trading with GBP, EUR and USD.
•User friendly website with adjustable market pairs. You can hide market pairs you’re not interested in.
•Withdrawal through PayPal and bank transfer.
•Regular competitions with crypto prizes.
•Lively and engaging chat.

DESIGN
Binary Fund is designed with the user in mind. Trading is laid out to make it as easy and powerful as possible. With a clean, clear, concise layout even new users will understand how the platform works in only a few minutes.

www.binaryfund.com

Looks good! Will you add NXT and later NEM?

Thanks marek3ball, we would like to add NEM with the permission of the owners  and not NEXT, I think NEM will do one million much better than NEXT because of it's wonderful community, I would like to invite you all to try our exchange and let us know what you think, we will welcome your ideas and add things you think will make us better, we have competitions where we give alt coins away
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:35:41 PM

But think about it pat, the average user doesn't care about source code. Just look at the post two spots before this one. Don't you think there are some pros in Nem taking its time in releasing its source code?

Exactly. Most people do not care about open source. 99% are using Windows OS, which isn't open source. I am all for open source, but give your self enough time to establish yourself first. You sure don't want to compete against clones, along with all other altcoins within the first 2 months.   

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:49:38 PM

I waited what impact will have releasing of NXT code. The community thought that it will drive the price up, but in reality it did nothing for NXT, just many people trying to copy it. They didnt, but I heard those people saying they are not going to copy NXT code because it is strangely written.
Not sure how important releasing of code is, but think we should do something to prevent copying it.

First rule of economy says that resources are limited, thats what gives them value.
NEM must be valuebale. I totally stopped caring for 1.gen crypto, just because how much of them is in existence. Dont let that happend to NEM.

You're right the source release had no positive effect for NXT regarding the price. I think that witholding however did have an effect - a negative one.

Nxt didn't have "negative" start. They had the biggest gain in the history of ALTCOINS, ever. They turned 21 BTC to almost 100,000 BTC. The prices have dropped since releasing the code. If there was anything that had negative impact, it was the fact that it was different and required exchanges to do some work to add it -- not a single exchange that eventually added Nxt cared about code. Cryptsy owners still seem to think it's closed source, even though he added it to cryptsy.

Things have really changed in the last 2 months. It's much harder now to distinguish yourself from hundreds of coins.  Every week there are dozen more crapcoins released. I think you will find it will be hard this time to convince outsiders why they should even care about Nem when 100s of other coins are around. If you make it even more diluted with Nem clones, that will be just bad.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

Why would you say that? NXT code was released in the beginning of March...

gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:56:30 PM

IMO. I think we should hold of on releasing the code for at least 6 months after NEM has been distributed to its stakeholders. Let's give NEM time to grow deeper and stronger roots before we start competing with other clones. AGAIN this is must my opinion, I am sure many of you disagree and that is ok. But either way, I am proud to be part of this community.

PS: Pls do not sell your share at this stage. I read in this forum that (utopiannow) is trying to buy 10% of NEM. LOLZ. what do you think he's going to do when the price slightly goes up. It'll be NXT all over again. We don't need big whales moving the market in the direction that they desire. I know there is no stopping this once NEM is released, But we can stop it before it's been released.

Cheers to DEV team.

YEYO
patmast3r

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:57:44 PM

Nxt didn't have "negative" start. They had the biggest gain in the history of ALTCOINS, ever. They turned 21 BTC to almost 100,000 BTC. The prices have dropped since releasing the code. If there was anything that had negative impact, it was the fact that it was different and required exchanges to do some work to add it -- not a single exchange that eventually added Nxt cared about code. Cryptsy owners still seem to think it's closed source, even though he added it to cryptsy.

Things have really changed in the last 2 months. It's much harder now to distinguish yourself from hundreds of coins.  Every week there are dozen more crapcoins released. I think you will find it will be hard this time to convince outsiders why they should even care about Nem when 100s of other coins are around. If you make it even more diluted with Nem clones, that will be just bad.

I didn't say NXT had a negative start. I said the only partially released source had a negative effect. So what I'm actually saying is that the NXT start could have been even better imho. With the at least partialy closed source it had kind of a bitter aftertaste.

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:58:37 PM

NXT & NEM to da m00n!

Eadeqa

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:59:00 PM

Why would you say that? NXT code was released in the beginning of March...

Nxt released (old version) of the code in early January -- about the time Nem (which originally was stated to be Nxt clone itself) and dozens of other Nxt clones were announced. None of them succeeded in cloning as there were injected flaws in the code deliberately added to encourage people to audit the code.

The clean version was made open source a few weeks ago, but even then developer claims they have anti-clones trap in the code.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: