Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:24:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:07:46 AM

http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:15:02 AM

http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:15:22 AM

As NEM is being build from the ground up, would this be a problem for exchanges to add NEM?

Everything that's not a Bitcoin clone requires custom implementation, just as NXT. Thus it is indeed harder for exchanges to implement Nxt/Nem. Nothing to worry much about, though. Those exchanges that added Nxt earlier will most likely be able to add Nem quickly.

one of the devs should write up a "how to" sort of thing to help exchanges to implement support for nem.. or set a large bounty for the first 2 exchanges with large volume(has to be above x amount of trade per day) that implement it.... perhaps the nem community should work on its own exchange like dgex. i think it may be vital if no exchanges can implement it... but please for the love of god make it look and work better then dgex. it looks dreadfully bad... i saw it in december and instantly thought it was a scam site. set bounty for that too.. also someone should get working on a multipool so it is ready for launch when the coin launches! a good multipool will be a huge boost at the start too! SET A BOUNTY FOR IT!

i will say now i will donate nem towards

1) multipool  (50,000 nem) (following conditions must be met)
    a) support for all types of mining
    b) i will only give the bounty out once it reaches (some one inject a healthy amount of hashing power, nothing ridiculous, but not small ether)
    c) very user friendly UI

2) Nem exchange (50,000 NEM) (btc <> Nem) (assuming btc <> Nem isnt supported in client AT LAUNCH)
   a) user friendly NOT like dgex
   b) safe NOT like cryptsy

3) first and second exchange to support NEM (50,000 Nem first, 30,000 second) (exchanges to include only exchanges with decent volume(someone inject exchanges please)

4) first nem related app on apple i-store and android-store to get (100,000 unique downloads(someone correct me if 100,000 isnt much?) (30,000 nem to each app developer)
   a) must have links/info about nem, how to buy nem and what it is for ect...

conditions of bounties subject to change at.

i have many other ideas for bounties so if other people are willing to help with bounties i will do more!

+1

i hope devs are working on bounties.

I'm ready to donate.

Maybe devs can make a donor list, for everybody who wants to donate

NONE OF WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY IS SET IN STONE SO DON'T TAKE IT AS GUARANTEE FOR ANYTHING. IN FACT EXPECT THE COMPLETE OPOSITE SO YOUR NOT DISSAPOINTED

2 exchanges have already communicated their interrest to implement NEM (I won't name them because nothing is sure and what not), which goes to show that NEM really does stirr things up and has great potential. So far however nothing concrete has been done in that regard because the team is working on getting the alpha ready. It's being discussed.

Our own exchange is being discussed as well and the plan is to have one but so far it's just being discussed.

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:17:24 AM

I can't wait for this coin to hits exchange.....

Grin

If ex. ratio will be 1NEM = 0,000015 BTC;
means that each of us will have 10.000$ in Nem !!!!
(marketcap of NEM = 30.000.000 $)

but i think this ratio, marketcap is low

what is your opinion?

NEM has the potential to double your estimate in 6 months after release IMHO.
Look at the community around it.
We can collectively push it to new heights for sure.

Nem has a potential to have  1% BTC's market cap by the end off summer

IOTA
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:24:22 AM

As NEM is being build from the ground up, would this be a problem for exchanges to add NEM?

Everything that's not a Bitcoin clone requires custom implementation, just as NXT. Thus it is indeed harder for exchanges to implement Nxt/Nem. Nothing to worry much about, though. Those exchanges that added Nxt earlier will most likely be able to add Nem quickly.

one of the devs should write up a "how to" sort of thing to help exchanges to implement support for nem.. or set a large bounty for the first 2 exchanges with large volume(has to be above x amount of trade per day) that implement it.... perhaps the nem community should work on its own exchange like dgex. i think it may be vital if no exchanges can implement it... but please for the love of god make it look and work better then dgex. it looks dreadfully bad... i saw it in december and instantly thought it was a scam site. set bounty for that too.. also someone should get working on a multipool so it is ready for launch when the coin launches! a good multipool will be a huge boost at the start too! SET A BOUNTY FOR IT!

i will say now i will donate nem towards

1) multipool  (50,000 nem) (following conditions must be met)
    a) support for all types of mining
    b) i will only give the bounty out once it reaches (some one inject a healthy amount of hashing power, nothing ridiculous, but not small ether)
    c) very user friendly UI

2) Nem exchange (50,000 NEM) (btc <> Nem) (assuming btc <> Nem isnt supported in client AT LAUNCH)
   a) user friendly NOT like dgex
   b) safe NOT like cryptsy

3) first and second exchange to support NEM (50,000 Nem first, 30,000 second) (exchanges to include only exchanges with decent volume(someone inject exchanges please)

4) first nem related app on apple i-store and android-store to get (100,000 unique downloads(someone correct me if 100,000 isnt much?) (30,000 nem to each app developer)
   a) must have links/info about nem, how to buy nem and what it is for ect...

conditions of bounties subject to change at.

i have many other ideas for bounties so if other people are willing to help with bounties i will do more!

+1

i hope devs are working on bounties.

I'm ready to donate.

Maybe devs can make a donor list, for everybody who wants to donate

NONE OF WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY IS SET IN STONE SO DON'T TAKE IT AS GUARANTEE FOR ANYTHING. IN FACT EXPECT THE COMPLETE OPOSITE SO YOUR NOT DISSAPOINTED

2 exchanges have already communicated their interrest to implement NEM (I won't name them because nothing is sure and what not), which goes to show that NEM really does stirr things up and has great potential. So far however nothing concrete has been done in that regard because the team is working on getting the alpha ready. It's being discussed.

Our own exchange is being discussed as well and the plan is to have one but so far it's just being discussed.

Why not to think to use NXT AE for this?
li_ink

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:44:58 AM

Nas a fork of nxt launched on March 31,don't know is good or bad for our nem
Show me the post of NAS, please!

http://nascoin.org/

How about that. Wonder how it will perform.

Badly. Just a hunch, though.

no way man.. have you tested it? they nearly have support for doge, drk, ltc, btc... in beta testing now! others in the works

Wow... that is.... amazing!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:52:02 AM

Nas a fork of nxt launched on March 31,don't know is good or bad for our nem
Show me the post of NAS, please!

http://nascoin.org/

How about that. Wonder how it will perform.

Badly. Just a hunch, though.

no way man.. have you tested it? they nearly have support for doge, drk, ltc, btc... in beta testing now! others in the works

Wow... that is.... amazing!

woops no sorry not nas.. lol i got mixed up between nxt and nas.. nas will be shit lol nxt will support said currencies.. not nas lol sorry

yeah, was just wondering. NAS is a simple clone that will always (atleast maybe) update when a new sourcecode is released. The additional features that will be provided through service providers will never implemented, because they rely on the people maintaining them. And I dont think a random fork can afford such people Wink

lecristoph

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:04:22 PM

How and where can I buy NEM's?
ShimalH

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:27:14 PM

Looks great. I support NEM. But watch out for competition Exo, Numus, Edge etc. all new kids. The way I see it, tech aside, each community would need a core group of supporters. Take care of them and pay no attention to detractors. I will be back. XXX 
This watch out for Numus. That coin looks to be a game-changer.

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:43:51 PM

Looks great. I support NEM. But watch out for competition Exo, Numus, Edge etc. all new kids. The way I see it, tech aside, each community would need a core group of supporters. Take care of them and pay no attention to detractors. I will be back. XXX 

I don't get how it's a game changer, compared to lets say Nem, or NXT.

It's not new code, it's based on Peercoin, and the gimmick is that it's going to be marketed, and they have a neat looking presentation.

To me that looks more promising than your daily alt coin, but at the same time, it's more of the same, just with a nicer, more professional looking presentation.

Like I looked at the video and it starts by saying, "We have an idea," and the proceed to talk about how they came up with a coin that can be used in a decentralized way. And it frustrates me when a new coin says that, because they're describing all other coins, yet saying it like they just came out with that new a revolutionary idea.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
j23a

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:11:04 PM

I've never really looked into Ripple, but from what I know about it, it's the complete opposite of Nem in terms of distribution. But if we had it's market cap, then one million Nems would be worth $211,767.48.

I mean, I was just checking out the current marketcap to compare things, hoping that a Nem stake would be worth at least $5,000 and be happy with that. But then I looked at Ripple and thought it's a really long shot, but why not? Anything is possible.

Perhaps NXT didn't reach similar market cap because of the fear of those who were not original stake holders, but Nem doesn't have that problem.

Different times though, so I don't know.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:15:19 PM

I think it'll be better to use the NXT AE but only IF it is working well. Traditional exchanges are welcome too of course.

I also think it's huge from day one to have a big mining pool. Lines have been drawn on POW verses POS. Many miners hate POS but might be willing to mine for NEM as the distribution and model is fair.

Mining for POW is so 2010-2013. 2014 is the year of POS indirect mining. Basically the POS is going to eat POW for lunch because it can and POW can't do anything about it.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:15:24 PM

I've never really looked into Ripple, but from what I know about it, it's the complete opposite of Nem in terms of distribution. But if we had it's market cap, then one million Nems would be worth $211,767.48.

I mean, I was just checking out the current marketcap to compare things, hoping that a Nem stake would be worth at least $5,000 and be happy with that. But then I looked at Ripple and thought it's a really long shot, but why not? Anything is possible.

Ripple market cap is artificial. Something like 95% XRP have never been distributed, so the real market is (100 billion (total) - 95%) * whatever it is on coinmarketcap for one xrp.

All Nem coins will be distributed on the launch date

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:17:54 PM

cant at the moment.. get on the waiting list or wait til launch in june-ish time

Undecided waiting patiently...
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:24:13 PM

Perhaps NXT didn't reach similar market cap because of the fear of those who were not original stake holders, but Nem doesn't have that problem.

As far as a tech and app goes, Ripple is very slick. Much better than any alt coin. At the same time it's not truly descentralized which is a HUGE no go in the community. It also takes a step backwards to many because it requires trust.  In some ways, it is a "realistic" compromise. The type of thing governments or big banks might like, and that is part of the reason it's so hated. Right now banks and governments are angainst the blockchain, and the crypto community is against centralization and trust. That puts Ripple in a no mans land. It's great tech but nobody wants to support it. It's a very long shot.

NEM will have a great community. And has a chance to be just as good as anything else at there! In some ways NEM is the most exciting thing on the horizon. Definitely in the next few months.

j23a

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:38:46 PM

Ripple market cap is artificial. Something like 95% XRP have never been distributed, so the real market is (100 billion (total) - 95%) * whatever it is on coinmarketcap for one xrp.

All Nem coins will be distributed on the launch date

Very, very valid points.

j23a

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:42:14 PM

As far as a tech and app goes, Ripple is very slick. Much better than any alt coin. At the same time it's not truly decentralized which is a HUGE no go in the community. It also takes a step backwards to many because it requires trust.  In some ways, it is a "realistic" compromise. The type of thing governments or big banks might like, and that is part of the reason it's so hated. Right now banks and governments are against the blockchain, and the crypto community is against centralization and trust. That puts Ripple in a no mans land. It's great tech but nobody wants to support it. It's a very long shot.

NEM will have a great community. And has a chance to be just as good as anything else at there! In some ways NEM is the most exciting thing on the horizon. Definitely in the next few months.

It's definitely the most exciting coin in the horizon, so we'll see how that goes. Just hope it doesn't lose momentum.

trunzo

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:43:10 PM

i meant nxt decentralised exchange which will be released this or next week.

Decentralized exchange? Could you provide a link to this info?

+1?
ShimalH

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:43:51 PM

I don't get how it's a game changer, compared to lets say Nem, or NXT.

It's not new code, it's based on Peercoin, and the gimmick is that it's going to be marketed, and they have a neat looking presentation.

To me that looks more promising than your daily alt coin, but at the same time, it's more of the same, just with a nicer, more professional looking presentation.

Like I looked at the video and it starts by saying, "We have an idea," and the proceed to talk about how they came up with a coin that can be used in a decentralized way. And it frustrates me when a new coin says that, because they're describing all other coins, yet saying it like they just came out with that new a revolutionary idea.
Well I agree with you there about the video, but I guess that was only intended for marketing purposes. What I really like about this coin is their professional and practical approach to gain widespread adoption of their coin. The key for them and most coins nowadays is marketing. Face it, no real coin besides primarily Dogecoin and Bitcoin has really gained public adoption of some sort. The first coin which secures a foothold outside of the crypto community will be most likely to succeed in the long-term. This is what I think NEM and Numus should work towards.

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:45:20 PM

How long will it be NEM list of shares can be issued

NEM hasn't been released yet. Rough ETAs include an alpha release in late April, and V.1 release late May. The NEM will be delivered to stakeholders at launch.

NEM will be released with a decentralised asset exchange on launch, along with the possibility of a NEM<=>Fiat exchange on launch too. So you'll be able to purchase NEM in either of those places. I know some people are selling their BTT stake-holding sockpuppet accounts, but purchase them at your own risk (at least wait until the final contractual stakeholder list has been released in a couple of weeks).

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: