Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:54:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Ged

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:39:13 AM

Please, guys, visit and comment. Really need your help and comments, maybe NEM can become Never-ending Evolution of Money if we do this stuff well and make it work !
IMPORTANT: https://trello.com/c/DSkN87bb/72-some-news
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:54:04 AM

Please, guys, visit and comment. Really need your help and comments, maybe NEM can become Never-ending Evolution of Money if we do this stuff well and make it work !
it's written in some secret language..
Ged

Activity: 130

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:04:18 AM

it's written in some secret language..
please, use translate.google.com, it's written in Russian. Will translate soon.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:26:43 AM

We should have a feature where people are sending NEM (money) to each other can have a live conversation to make sure that it is the person you are sending it too. would that  be possible.?
But make it only connect to both parties who are making the transactions?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:47:09 AM

We should have a feature where people are sending NEM (money) to each other can have a live conversation to make sure that it is the person you are sending it too. would that  be possible.?
But make it only connect to both parties who are making the transactions?

That is a great security feature.  That way people would know the receiving person is really the person they want to contact. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

I'm impressed! This threat is full of interesting discussion and good spirit!
Our main strength: this community!!!

I've followed a few coins some as a miner, some as an investor, but NEM certainly appears to be different. UP has put together a strong team and has created a strong vision, allowing people to get behind the movement. The number and diversity of stakeholders and the way it has been done is very open and impressive. Finally the open audit and handling of complaints, queries, ideas has been very warm and professional.

KC
Yes, these I have felt. From this thing, I think NEM has huge development potential in the market will occupy a large proportion Cheesy

I recently read a very interesting post about somebody who spent sometime to study and analyse NXT.  One interesting conclusion was that there were just under 1000 core NXT users.  As very impressive as NXT is for its new tech, and it is very impressive (or will be when all those promises are delivered on).  The community as a whole isn't backing it.  The story behind NEM, has a lot more marketing strength.  NEM on day one will already have a much larger user base than NXT and can quite possibly explode from there.  NEM is literally the first time ever something like this has been done in the crypto cummunity.  EVERY previous coin was dominated by large investors or early powerful miners.  This may or may not be good for NEM, we will have to wait and see, but I am willing to try hard and see because I believe it is a better way.  Bitcoin's story is "an experiment that turned out quite interesting and as time went on went from being a fluke to the real deal."  NXT's story is "A guy made a really good code and 70 lucky friends and community members got in on it" (this isn't exactly true, but it will always be told like that).  NEM has a chance to rewrite its own narrative.  A group of thousands of people came together to create a new and better to deal with money, not just for themselves, but for everyone in the world.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:31:58 AM

jabo38: there was Nxt, that was released with a crappy client and no features and no marketing, so it allowed a fair distribution in first weeks. Thousandts of people were buying Nxt for 100-400 Satoshi before people realized how cool this is and a price went up

once there was a hyped coin by marketing, they called it Maxcoin: http://coinmarketcap.com/max_90.html

you should also study Coin2, it had 1000 stakeholders: http://coinmarketcap.com/c2_30.html

so Coin2 is already more fair than NEM - because everyone got it for free
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:42:16 AM

jabo38: there was Nxt, that was released with a crappy client and no features and no marketing, so it allowed a fair distribution in first weeks. Thousandts of people were buying Nxt for 100-400 Satoshi before people realized how cool this is and a price went up

once there was a hyped coin by marketing, they called it Maxcoin: http://coinmarketcap.com/max_90.html

you should also study Coin2, it had 1000 stakeholders: http://coinmarketcap.com/c2_30.html

I'll check into those.  Wink  I was just going by what I heard in the report.  I didn't buy my first bitcoin until 2014 (and since then watched the price drop. hahaha) But I'll take a look at Maxcoin and Coin2.  I heard some people say bad things about MAX before, but I don't know Coin2 at all.  I really wish I had been one of those people buying NXT at 100-400 Satoshi!  I put a lot of my extra money into NXT but still don't have that much and again have just watched the price go down.  Really though..... I don't care so much about the price right now.   It is exciting to be here.  It is like watching a movie of the future happen in real life!   

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:34:29 AM

Coin2 is a fork of LTC. I can't see anything new in it though so it's more like a clone. It doesn't suprise me that people got their coins for free. I wouldn't want to pay for another clone.

Juzion

Activity: 234

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:02:46 AM

I've followed a few coins some as a miner, some as an investor, but NEM certainly appears to be different. UP has put together a strong team and has created a strong vision, allowing people to get behind the movement. The number and diversity of stakeholders and the way it has been done is very open and impressive. Finally the open audit and handling of complaints, queries, ideas has been very warm and professional.

KC
Yes, these I have felt. From this thing, I think NEM has huge development potential in the market will occupy a large proportion Cheesy

I recently read a very interesting post about somebody who spent sometime to study and analyse NXT.  One interesting conclusion was that there were just under 1000 core NXT users.  As very impressive as NXT is for its new tech, and it is very impressive (or will be when all those promises are delivered on).  The community as a whole isn't backing it.  The story behind NEM, has a lot more marketing strength.  NEM on day one will already have a much larger user base than NXT and can quite possibly explode from there.  NEM is literally the first time ever something like this has been done in the crypto cummunity.  EVERY previous coin was dominated by large investors or early powerful miners.  This may or may not be good for NEM, we will have to wait and see, but I am willing to try hard and see because I believe it is a better way.  Bitcoin's story is "an experiment that turned out quite interesting and as time went on went from being a fluke to the real deal."  NXT's story is "A guy made a really good code and 70 lucky friends and community members got in on it" (this isn't exactly true, but it will always be told like that).  NEM has a chance to rewrite its own narrative.  A group of thousands of people came together to create a new and better to deal with money, not just for themselves, but for everyone in the world.

I think there are not more of 300 NEM Users... the rest are sockpuppets! don´t make u unserious .... i do not like that everyone means there are thousands of NEM Stakeholers and all the people know it!
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:13:20 AM

Coin2 is a fork of LTC. I can't see anything new in it though so it's more like a clone. It doesn't suprise me that people got their coins for free. I wouldn't want to pay for another clone.

They are making a pretty awesome First Person Shooter with nice graphics.

What is Litecoin doing? =)

Juzion

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:14:27 AM

Nice Salasz !!!!

I´m also think that coin2 is the much fairest coin of all. i also invest in it but to late i pay 0,000008 but i´m holding on it.I´m also NEM Stakeholder but i never think that NEM is fair, but i think there are good developer that can make the coin great.
But do not say all the time that NEM is fair, if NEM want be a fair coin the distribution must work how coin2 and this from the beginnig but yet it is to late! I´m also think that there are too much coins 400000000 that´s amazing!
Look @ Nxt and the 24h Volume in good days not more than 100000 Dollar ... but the most volume over a day are 30000-50000 dollar that is not good for a coin, the stakeholder of Nxt make the price!
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:01:08 AM

KC

I recently read a very interesting post about somebody who spent sometime to study and analyse NXT.  One interesting conclusion was that there were just under 1000 core NXT users.  As very impressive as NXT is for its new tech, and it is very impressive (or will be when all those promises are delivered on).  The community as a whole isn't backing it.  The story behind NEM, has a lot more marketing strength.  NEM on day one will already have a much larger user base than NXT and can quite possibly explode from there.  NEM is literally the first time ever something like this has been done in the crypto cummunity.  EVERY previous coin was dominated by large investors or early powerful miners.  This may or may not be good for NEM, we will have to wait and see, but I am willing to try hard and see because I believe it is a better way.  Bitcoin's story is "an experiment that turned out quite interesting and as time went on went from being a fluke to the real deal."  NXT's story is "A guy made a really good code and 70 lucky friends and community members got in on it" (this isn't exactly true, but it will always be told like that).  NEM has a chance to rewrite its own narrative.  A group of thousands of people came together to create a new and better to deal with money, not just for themselves, but for everyone in the world.

I think there are not more of 300 NEM Users... the rest are sockpuppets! don´t make u unserious .... i do not like that everyone means there are thousands of NEM Stakeholers and all the people know it!

The stakeholder's list has 1,090 Bitcoin talk veteran accounts, how can you speculate that there are no more than 300 Nem stakeholders?

Then you have to consider that many of those veterans also tried to get other people that they know to join Nem, seeing it as a big opportunity, also consider this crypto guy with a large twitter following who mentioned the fund raising in his twitter account as well as those who mentioned it in Reddit and other major social media, and the people who browse the site but don't comment, but joined to get a stake.

Then you also have to consider the I think 200+ open slots, and the 20 page waiting list that's still growing, with the rules being much stricter and Utopianfuture focusing only on people who can significantly contribute to Nem.

300 stake holder just doesn't make sense, unless it's wishful thinking on your part.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:22:57 AM

anyone knows, how the logo committee is doing?

NEM - New Economy Movement
Juzion

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:24:49 AM

the most veteran users have 2 , 3 , 4 or 5 bitcointalk user names....

and now please do not ask why, I think the reasons should any veteran user will also know!

I have 4 Account names and also my most veteran user name and 2 stakes of NEM withot my veteran name...

patmast3r

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:24:57 AM

KC

I recently read a very interesting post about somebody who spent sometime to study and analyse NXT.  One interesting conclusion was that there were just under 1000 core NXT users.  As very impressive as NXT is for its new tech, and it is very impressive (or will be when all those promises are delivered on).  The community as a whole isn't backing it.  The story behind NEM, has a lot more marketing strength.  NEM on day one will already have a much larger user base than NXT and can quite possibly explode from there.  NEM is literally the first time ever something like this has been done in the crypto cummunity.  EVERY previous coin was dominated by large investors or early powerful miners.  This may or may not be good for NEM, we will have to wait and see, but I am willing to try hard and see because I believe it is a better way.  Bitcoin's story is "an experiment that turned out quite interesting and as time went on went from being a fluke to the real deal."  NXT's story is "A guy made a really good code and 70 lucky friends and community members got in on it" (this isn't exactly true, but it will always be told like that).  NEM has a chance to rewrite its own narrative.  A group of thousands of people came together to create a new and better to deal with money, not just for themselves, but for everyone in the world.

The stakeholder's list has 1,090 Bitcoin talk veteran accounts, how can you speculate that there are no more than 300 Nem stakeholders?

Then you have to consider that many of those veterans also tried to get other people that they know to join Nem, seeing it as a big opportunity, also consider this crypto guy with a large twitter following who mentioned the fund raising in his twitter account as well as those who mentioned it in Reddit and other major social media, and the people who browse the site but don't comment, but joined to get a stake.

Then you also have to consider the I think 200+ open slots, and the 20 page waiting list that's still growing, with the rules being much stricter and Utopianfuture focusing only on people who can significantly contribute to Nem.

300 stake holder just doesn't make sense, unless it's wishful thinking on your part.

300 is total bs. If someone wants to mock NEM for not being fair at least use som realistic numbers that don't make you look like a total moron that just talks without doing any research. kthxbey.

patmast3r

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:26:45 AM

We have narrowed the list down to only a couple. Right now there's a discussion if we should have contest on 99design.com or not.

Juzion

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:39:40 AM

KC

300 is total bs. If someone wants to mock NEM for not being fair at least use som realistic numbers that don't make you look like a total moron that just talks without doing any research. kthxbey.

at the end we will see if the coins are on the account of the user as many stakeholders NEM has really.Anyway, I'm really curious as to how NEM developed and will be different from other coins.
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:48:25 AM

We have narrowed the list down to only a couple. Right now there's a discussion if we should have contest on 99design.com or not.

What are the reasons holding you back from using 99design? It'd be nice to have the extra choice, surely?

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:55:53 AM

KC

You might think that, but simply thinking something might be true doesn't make it true. You can't just claim something like that without substantial evidence to back up your claim, or it just looks like you're trolling or deliberately trying to sabotage NEM for no obvious reason. You have a stake after all, why would you spread rumours that the distribution is 10x worse than claimed? What's in it for you?

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: