Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:15:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004010 times)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:53:31 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utmnexPw1bY
5 Reasons to Build Decentralized Apps

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:41:22 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 08:20:20 AM by myxamop

i cant get enough of this,lol cheers for filling my orders and ive set a few more traps....remember this...ETH could go down in price but whoever dumps large amounts, you will not get your coins back cheaper  Tongue
With so much happening with ETH tech wise and the behind the scenes major development  Wink , ETH will be $10+ within 3-6months, imo ETH will be number 2, worth over a $billion cap and if btc keeps fkn up we could see the unthinkable...ETH becomes #1
In this coin for the long term, accumulate as much as you can, sit back and relax  Smiley

LOL yes ETH is great and all (potentially great) but wow you guys do quite the job at manipulating the marketing and getting everyone on the hype-train to shill and buy-buy-buy now while your groupS pump it and have everyone buying now...when we all (some of us know) it'll dump back down and you guys will disappear for another 3-6 months only to pop up again to re-hype it while it's pumped back up again.

I'm all for $10 ETH but ppl need to be realistic here, so please do spread such crap. $10 in 3-6 months? lol i HIGHLY doubt it.  I'll give you maybe $2...$5 would be a super long shot even.  If BTC flies to $600usd each come halving in June...ETH will for sure drop back down.

Right now you guys are enjoying SELLING to us near 400k when u guys probably filled your bags at 160k-260k...and are enjoying profit on our backs (or those silly enough to be late to the party and be buying now).  

If I'm wrong in the next 3-6 months feel free to call me out on it but given your lofty targets and how alts always pull the same shit (including dash and eth), I think this possibility above more believable than yours.

so im spreading crap, cause...you highly doubt...who are you to decide what price eth could be??  , few weeks till homestead and augur, many awesome dapps and a few banks involved, in 6months we will be near POS, if you think it will be $5...good for u.
Also im not stupid to sell large amounts of ETH under 0.004, i wont beable to buy them back at these prices, like many others i am In this coin for the long term, accumulating as much as i can for the pos stage, ive invested in many pos coins because i know the only people that do well in pos are early adopters that bought cheap. yes i bought at 0.002 and 0.0025 and 0.003 and ill keep buying because i believe ETH is undervalued, thats my opinion and its my $$. You think about us pushing price down...maybe think who is keeping the price up?  Tongue
You say "If BTC flies to $600usd each come halving in June...ETH will for sure drop back down"  i  disagree, ETH price will rise with money coming to crypto through BTC, like LTC went to $50 when btc went to $1k, same thing will happen but this time it will be ETH rising with btc, if btc has cap of $10bill+ ETH will have a cap of $1bill+
As for the pump n dump shit u talking...well done sherlock you figured out how pnd groups work,lol  Roll Eyes  thats true on most shit coins...not ETH

+1 ETH is a long term coin, x10 in 1 year very possible IMO.

5 Million of Coloured Diamonds Launched Under PinkCoin, Worlds First Diamond Backed Crypto Currency built on Ethereum http://goo.gl/4alIu0
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:20:16 PM

Ethereum long term has to be the safest bet in crypto long term, make no mistake about that.

Vitalik is one, if not the most intelligent and savvy programmer and businessman in this crypto space.  More and more people can see this and more and more people are selling alts to invest in Ethereum.

Ethereum has a big team of some of the best programmers money can buy.
It is the most traded alt coin  and will continue to be the #1 alt to Bitcoin.
It is a wordl wide "brand" and will just go from strength to strength, like google in the early days!
I can see Ethereum cementing its #1 alt place soon and become the most valuable "coin/token" after bitcoin.

The price we see today of 0.0035 - 0.0040  i believe to be very cheap to what the next 12 months will bring. I would be very surprised if Eth was not double its price by them and most likely be trading solid around 0.01.

One thing is for sure, along with my I/OCoin, i am building up the biggest bag possible of Eth and holding long term 2+years minimum, buying on all the dips!

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:26:32 PM

Ethereum long term has to be the safest bet in crypto long term, make no mistake about that.

Vitalik is one, if not the most intelligent and savvy programmer and businessman in this crypto space.  More and more people can see this and more and more people are selling alts to invest in Ethereum.

It is a wordl wide "brand" and will just go from strength to strength, like google in the early days!
I can see Ethereum cementing its #1 alt place soon and become the most valuable "coin/token" after bitcoin.

The price we see today of 0.0035 - 0.0040  i believe to be very cheap to what the next 12 months will bring. I would be very surprised if Eth was not double its price by them and most likely be trading solid around 0.01.

One thing is for sure, along with my I/OCoin, i am building up the biggest bag possible of Eth and holding long term 2+years minimum, buying on all the dips!

Thanks for the post.  Btw can you explain why you are interested in I/OCoin?
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:50:27 PM

HI,

I like I/OCoin because it is a PoS coin, the same of which Eth will also evolve into (right?). I like that there are only 16mill coins mint and it was a fair launch, there was no ICO/IPO, zero pre mine, all coins had to be mined in the POW phase. 

But most of all, just like the Ethereum team, the IOC team are hard working, dedicated and highly focused on bringing something new to the table in the alt world. I like to invest where i know the people in charge are not going way, are here to stay and going to make big developments that will be used in the real world. I/OCoin is one of very few with real world goals, that are being achieved and it will soon release dIONS which is a system to send and receive coins via username all on the blockchain, fully decentralized, plus many more great developments.  They are also nominated for the European Fintech awards (I/O Digital company of I/OCoin) .

More info (whitepaper and developments progress) found here www.iodigital.io  and iocoin.io

So with my investments in Eth and IOC i know the future is very bright and my investments (which have been very substantial) will see nice returns and one day i can tell my child i was one of the early investors of such widely known and adopted ground breaking technology.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 03:51:12 PM

speaking about the price and saying to talk about the primary capabilities and speaking of the protocols and realizing that in the end bitcoin as the equivalent can be and will not be taken as a basis and that basis can be converted either through a consensus re-decorated and the fact that the format of the reference to anything not materialized, but I think that in the end, 0.25 btc per ETH can be laid in the minds, though,thus capitalizertag crypto technology cost up to 20-22bln $ in the near future, but here we can already speak about voluntarism and compulsion of attainment crypto and pattern could fit and form of objectivism to specify more precisely and more vocal, though,
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:10:46 PM

Ethereum – Cryptocurrency With Lots Of Expectations And Disappointments
The altcoin ETH is a currency of the Ethereum network made for smart contracts creation. Ethereum it not just a network but a whole platform allowing programmers to develop various decentralized applications. Even though like many cryptocurrencies there have been a lot of Ethereum expectations and disappointments.…
http://www.altcointoday.com/ethereum-expectations-and-disappointments/
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:20:23 PM

Thanks for the lovely , heartfilled response!  I will look into picking up some I/OCoin in the near future.  Ethereum's future seems very promising.  Mainly because there is so much that can be added to it!
HI,

I like I/OCoin because it is a PoS coin, the same of which Eth will also evolve into (right?). I like that there are only 16mill coins mint and it was a fair launch, there was no ICO/IPO, zero pre mine, all coins had to be mined in the POW phase. 

But most of all, just like the Ethereum team, the IOC team are hard working, dedicated and highly focused on bringing something new to the table in the alt world. I like to invest where i know the people in charge are not going way, are here to stay and going to make big developments that will be used in the real world. I/OCoin is one of very few with real world goals, that are being achieved and it will soon release dIONS which is a system to send and receive coins via username all on the blockchain, fully decentralized, plus many more great developments.  They are also nominated for the European Fintech awards (I/O Digital company of I/OCoin) .

More info (whitepaper and developments progress) found here www.iodigital.io  and iocoin.io

So with my investments in Eth and IOC i know the future is very bright and my investments (which have been very substantial) will see nice returns and one day i can tell my child i was one of the early investors of such widely known and adopted ground breaking technology.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:47:04 PM

Triple bottom, moon or low again

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:05:12 PM

Does ETH have a block size issue like Bitcoin?
Does ETH have known scaling hurdles like Bitcoin?
Does ETH have confirmation slowness like Bitcoin?
Does ETH POS have holes that will eventually be its downfall?

So, no answers?

I respect AnonyMint, and the Ethereum Devs, so which one is correct? I have no clue. It is way above my pay grade. My bet is on Vitalik, but AnonyMints comments should have at least been addressed, rather than being called a scammer by some idiot who only cares about rainbows and sunshine.

Thanks for the links, I will do some research from here. But I will say that the very little response on these questions makes me feel everyone is trusting Vitalik and if he pulls through then great, if not, then this is just another alt that will run its course.

I see a few big reasons I don't pull the trigger on ETH

1. Bitcoins technology problems will not be exclusive to Bitcoin, ETH or any distributed ledger will have scaling issues, ETH will be no more equipped to deal with them than Bitcoin after, all it is just software. Why would ETH be better off? Only because they still have their Satoshi (Vitalik).
2. Vitalik is essentially the lifeblood of ETH, were he to disconnect i think ETH is done
3. ETH while well engineered is also open source, and they are not established enough to give away their excellent engineering, there is no barriers to entry into their technological space, unlike Bitcoin. Bitcoin's barrier is NOT technology, it is recognition and acceptance. ETH doesn't have that recogniztion and groups like R3 are just stealing their stuff and will make ETH look like a nice little R&D lab.
4. Proof of Stake is a gimic, nothing works as well as proof of work and could be a disaster if ETH ever made it to #1. I don't like Bitcoin POW, I would prefer a random round robin hashing algo that is impossible to predict. I wouldn't mind Bitcoin doing something like that everyone's asics including mine be damned.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
kprell40

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:29:13 AM

A video that I came across a pretty interesting Published on Jan 20, 2016

Ethereum has got my financial attention    $10.00 A coin mmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y09xuN_KQEk

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:41:50 AM

im waiting for detail about POS mining this year...

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Blue_Panda73

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 10:53:24 AM

The trading volume and market cap is still lower than litecoin, but it is catching up very fast. The price is also rising.

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:46:24 PM

The trading volume and market cap is still lower than litecoin, but it is catching up very fast. The price is also rising.

I think the quest to break 400k is looking good this time, there are still big walls on poloniex, but there seems to be a ton of accumulation in this range, which is a good, i am glad i bought some in the 360 range yesterday, buying all i can below 400k. More than happy to buy and hold this coin in this price range.

casacup

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:34:00 PM

Hi there.

I have a couple of questions that i wasn't able to answer looking around. I'm pretty new to ethereum, i'm studying fundamentals and i was interested in setting up a node. Does that have any benefit? Is that a way to *mine* (i know eth is PoW right now) eth?
Also, can someone explain the inflation rate? I read around that was dependent on the number of btc from the ipo, but i didn't really understand what is the actual inflation rate.

Thanks to whoever is gonna answer my questions Smiley

Tip address: 1GYTY2pW98LWPtv5Zq5HmvZBRpZoadwetw
loki0505

Activity: 494

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:34:02 PM

http://coinjournal.net/prediction-10-billion-will-be-invested-in-blockchain-startups-in-2016/

“It’s already started. I mean, my estimate is that we’re going to see $1 billion come into the Ethereum ecosystem in 2016 alone, and the general estimates for the amount of money going into the entire blockchain ecosystem, including Bitcoin, is on the order of $10 billion.”  - Vinay Gupta (original CypherPunk member)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:46:26 PM

http://coinjournal.net/prediction-10-billion-will-be-invested-in-blockchain-startups-in-2016/

“It’s already started. I mean, my estimate is that we’re going to see $1 billion come into the Ethereum ecosystem in 2016 alone, and the general estimates for the amount of money going into the entire blockchain ecosystem, including Bitcoin, is on the order of $10 billion.”  - Vinay Gupta (original CypherPunk member)

from what i understand huge consortium of financial institutions invested in R3 (Mike Hearn) using the ethereum programming

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/r3-connects-11-banks-distributed-ledger-using-ethereum-microsoft-azure-1539044

some other financial institutions are using the legacy open source linux hyperledger

ASX is testing this at the moment

bit hard to ignore other blockchains

Grin
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 09:47:52 PM

I think the quest to break 400k is looking good this time, there are still big walls on poloniex, but there seems to be a ton of accumulation in this range, which is a good, i am glad i bought some in the 360 range yesterday, buying all i can below 400k. More than happy to buy and hold this coin in this price range.

I think the price depends on the Bitcoin price. When the bitcoin price drop below $360, the Ethereum will rise above 400k.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:19:18 AM

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:12:13 AM

very soon....

mk ,lol

Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: