Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004021 times)
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:27:28 AM

C'mon guys, when will you start dumping? Surely the price is skyrocketing is it seems it's not stopping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:29:25 AM

Homestead website preview (leaked)!
http://dipl.me:3000/

Cool, well built. I like the examples they've added for use cases.

nice to see you here! with all the shit going on in the bitcoin-world eth seems like a good "safe haven"

Nice to see you too! I've been following Ethereum for over a year now. It's the only alt (if you can call it that) which brings anything really new and meaningful to the table. And since its main purpose is everything else than money, there's far less right wing nutters going completely ape in ethereum. Haven't really accumulated much eth though, but I finally ordered a used graphics card to do some mining.

Ethereum is going to be big. Bitcoin may be what the IMF and Wall Street has been waiting for. But Ethereum is what the world has been waiting for. And if their decision to cap total amount of eth sticks, their token should be quite valuable as well.

I think the decision is not to cap the total amount of Eth. The Eth to be issued every year is fixed. The inflation will be low in the future.

They really have enough time to figure all out until the Serenity, but yes they were talking about no inflation or a very, very low yearly inflation, about 1% to be more precise.

All in all I am just happy that they have dropped the initial plan of more than 20% issuance in the first 5 years. Now we also have a very valuable token.

Ok, I should probably try to get up to speed on this stuff. There's been a lot of back and forth. I sort of liked the 20% issuance model. It would keep tokens cheap and make it less useful as a P&D coin. But I guess they have to push some real value into the system somehow.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:33:32 AM

C'mon guys, when will you start dumping? Surely the price is skyrocketing is it seems it's not stopping.

i'm waiting for btc mc, then i sell

IOTA
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:42:53 AM

I have lent out all of my coions on Poloniex, so I have to wait until the loan is settled. Smiley

Unfortunately does not the rate follow the potential profit the borrower will do.

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:23:34 PM

I wouldn't expect much dumping. The writing's on the wall now and the Ethereum network effect is poised to eclipse Bitcoin's.
The King is dead, long live the King

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:54:43 PM

I wouldn't expect much dumping. The writing's on the wall now and the Ethereum network effect is poised to eclipse Bitcoin's.

Exactly my thoughts, in normal conditions this would be a real good chance to collect some profits, but considering what Bitcoin is going through (The Block size debate just showed how poisonous the whole eco-system is) Ethereum is really shining and taking a huge spot in the cryptocurrencies space.

I don't have balls to trade this, 100$ in the next couple of years seems really plausible. 
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:09:32 PM

Exactly my thoughts, in normal conditions this would be a real good chance to collect some profits, but considering what Bitcoin is going through (The Block size debate just showed how poisonous the whole eco-system is) Ethereum is really shining and taking a huge spot in the cryptocurrencies space.

I don't have balls to trade this, 100$ in the next couple of years seems really plausible. 

I agree with you guys.
Now just need to see how ETH will go far in 2016
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:10:07 PM

I feel that 0.01 is the short term peak for ETH. ETH has risen sharply for the past few days and it would need to consolidate before going above 0.01 again. I can't believe that ETH is 0.01 again when it was less than 0.002 last year.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1563

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 01:59:56 PM

I feel that 0.01 is the short term peak for ETH. ETH has risen sharply for the past few days and it would need to consolidate before going above 0.01 again. I can't believe that ETH is 0.01 again when it was less than 0.002 last year.

24hr High on Poloniex: 0.00999888. Too much, too fast.

It will surely go down again, I may buy some when that happens. Can't believe I sold all of my pre-sale ETH for less than $1... seemed overpriced back then.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 04:37:06 PM

That is completely irrelevant by the way, we don't really care about the value of Ethereum against BTC but against Fiat (USD), Bitcoin is losing its value and don't get tricked with the ETH/BTC trading value at all.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1563

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 05:03:38 PM

That is completely irrelevant by the way, we don't really care about the value of Ethereum against BTC but against Fiat (USD), Bitcoin is losing its value and don't get tricked with the ETH/BTC trading value at all.

Who are "we" and why do they care about USD (not BTC, CNY, GBP etc)?

If most of the volume comes from BTC trade, then analysing the price in bitcoin is more than appropriate.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:08:38 PM

When you say "100$ in the next couple of years seems really plausible" do you mean for current value of Bitcoin ? Because in 10 years, even if the price decrease a lot, it will still be worth at least 20$ because of Bitcoin's price increase.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 05:15:15 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 05:28:05 PM by MaGNeT

24hr High on Poloniex: 0.00999888. Too much, too fast.

It will surely go down again, I may buy some when that happens. Can't believe I sold all of my pre-sale ETH for less than $1... seemed overpriced back then.

Some people will take their profit and get back in later on but I see no reason why ETH should stay under 0.01 BTC.

Even LTC was 48$ at some point and it didn't even add anything, except from behing hyped for it's algo.

ETH proved it isn't vaporware and applications for it keep popping up like mushrooms, even on this board.

Everyone wants to jump on this train.

What will happen?

- value of other altcoins will drop because people want to free up funds for buying ETH (and other projects with real added value)
- other projects like Factom, Radium, Voxelus, Synereo, etc will benefit from ETH's increasing value because they are interesting (and still cheap) assets.

2016 will be the end of adding nothing except being another clone with another "improved" algo clone altcoins.

People who invested a lot in one of the altcoins may not like my message but what do WorldCoin, DogeCoin or AnotherAltcoin add to this world what can't be solved by Bitcoin alone?

And if you really like altcoins, you can launch one on Ethereum Wink
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:16:25 PM

When you say "100$ in the next couple of years seems really plausible" do you mean for current value of Bitcoin ? Because in 10 years, even if the price decrease a lot, it will still be worth at least 20$ because of Bitcoin's price increase.

Bitcoin will go down. Ethereum will rise.

I wouldn't be surprised if ETH market cap exceeded BTC by Xmas

All investors want these days is Cloud and Ethereum is the world computer.

BTC might be digital gold but ETH is digital oil. Black Gold.
And to this day man dies for oil.

I dunno how bitcoiners will react but this shit has only just begun.

Suit up - gonna be a wild ride
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:44:07 PM

Who are "we" and why do they care about USD (not BTC, CNY, GBP etc)?

If most of the volume comes from BTC trade, then analysing the price in bitcoin is more than appropriate.

Most of the volume comes from BTC because it is fast and convenient to move around,  most users use their already open and verified accounts (Coinbase/Bitstamp/Bitfinex...) to get fiat in and out quickly.

IMO ETH/BTC is really irrelevant because Bitcoin value is volatile, normally we should be looking to the value of Ethereum against fiat currencies (USD/EUR/CNY/GBP....).

No, I mean the value of Ethereum, and I think it is a sane prediction, especially when comparing it to the value of the dying horse (Bitcoin if you didn't get it) with consideration to its limitations.
Notieboie

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:42:37 PM

ETH to the moon and beyond baby, surely my 1st long term coin
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:00:40 PM

Quoting myself:

I just realize...

Ethereum, besides being the most disrupting technology since the invention of the internet, will create the largest amount of millionaires since the launch of Bitcoin.

Right now this may sound ridiculous for some of you but once you look at the potential, it's big... And "BIG" should be spelled in capital letters...

It's not some "bull market" that will create it's value, it's the real added market value created by Ethereum for financial services companies in the forthcoming decades.

Just quote me on this.
~Turing

This may be sooner than I could even predict...
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:05:38 PM

Homestead website preview (leaked)!
http://dipl.me:3000/

It looks epic. I can't wait to get to the Homestead release. It is going to be much more exciting than what it is right now. Seeing that the price is rising like hot cakes, it looks like it might be the perfect opportunity to invest more into ETH while I still can?  Cheesy

Do you think that Ethereum would be able to solve Bitcoin's scalability issues? I hope so.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:25:35 PM

The only regret I have about ETH is that I didn't buy more.
Mozdalifa17

Activity: 746
Merit: 509

TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:47:56 PM

The only regret I have about ETH is that I didn't buy more.
me too i miss this train as well but trying to catch capri
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: