Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:16:23 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 05:31:05 PM by freebird

Blackcoin's pos 2.0 is original pos version used by "peercoin"
It's not new or creative version of pos.

From what I've read, BlackCoin PoS 2.0 is an improvement on PeerCoin because it eliminates the "coin age" system which caused a security issue. As this article explains (emphasis added):

Among other things, the new PoS system will lead to increased security and faster transaction times by encouraging users to leave their wallets open rather than opening them only occasionally to ‘game’ the staking system. It does this by eliminating the ‘coin age’ factor from the staking algorithm. With the traditional proof of stake algorithm that was first introduced by Peercoin, ‘coin age’ is accumulated whether a wallet is open or not. As long as coins aren’t moved, they accumulate coin age.  In order to stake, most people just leave their wallets open a couple of times a month to basically ‘cash in’ their coin age bank to get a higher staking priority to receive stake. In this way, most users do not support the network, since their wallets are almost never open. This has a negative impact on both the level of security and the transaction times. With the new proof of stake algorithm, your ‘network weight’ will be based upon the number of coins that you have associated with your wallet rather than a combination of coin age and the number of coins.

If you think there are reasons why BlackCoin PoS 2.0 is worse than other PoS systems, please explain and suggest an alternative and why it would be better.

And the block reward is dramatically decreasing day by day with your plan.
Then, following the reduction of block reward the "Hashrate of mining" will be also decreasing. (The price of coin can't follow this massive reduction of block reward)
It means the "safety of blockchain is going weaker and weaker". It's really dangerous.

Various people on this forum have publicly pledged to hold their coins and not dump them. Those pledges plus my own coins and coins owned by the founders add up to at least 10 million SLR that won't be on the market anytime soon. There should be some upward pressure on the price due to reduced supply; but we don't know how high it will get before some unknown people take profits. We'll soon find out.

Various miners have also pledged to keep mining through the block reward reduction. Yes, the coin might be unprofitable to mine for a short time, maybe a week or two. This will tend to have the effect of driving away the mercenary miners who just mine and dump, and the only people left mining will be people who believe in the long-term potential of the coin. We have a dedicated community and we believe they will come through for us and keep the mining network strong before the switchover to PoS.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:48:04 PM

Okay, correction, I've only lost 75% of my value. I bought in at 2000 sat.

Are you saying that cannacoin is a fork of blackcoin?

Now I'm completely confused. Is it cannacoin or blackcoin that we are joining?

The Cannacoin dev team is helping us to transition SolarCoin to PoS. This is a two-phase process:

Phase 1: Block reward reduction from 100 to 1 per block, -3 per day for about a month until it reaches 1 SLR per block. This fork will also include implementation of Kimoto's Gravity Well to fix our problem with wildly fluctuating difficulty, and it will use the Cannacoin codebase.

Phase 2: Proof of Stake v. 2.0 using the BlackCoin codebase, with 1% annual interest rate.

We partnered with the Cannacoin team because our own team is short on developers right now and the Cannacoin devs are excellent and have created some excellent apps for their coin, which could easily be adapted for SolarCoin (Reddit tip bot, VBulletin forum tip bot, merchant solutions, etc.). We are excited that they want to help SolarCoin succeed, and I, for one, hope their coin will also succeed and becomes the premier currency of the medical marijuana industry.

As for the SLR price, yes it's dropped a lot, but so have nearly all other PoW currencies in recent months. What has happened to our price is nothing unusual. It's annoying for all of us who got in early, but I'm confident that the price will go back up after we stop producing so many new coins and switch to 1% annual inflation via PoS.

Since I'm on here right now posting, I might as well let everyone know that we've decided to delay the first fork for about 1 more week. The reasons are: (1) when studying the code and the blockchain, the new devs realized there were some problems that should be fixed, such as needing to implement KGW, and we decided to switch to CCN codebase rather than keep using the awful SLR code which was an old, outdated fork of Litecoin and Florincoin. This is going to take a few more days. (2) We needed a few more days also to get the word out and make sure people have enough time to learn about the fork and update their wallets.

I will post the new block number as soon as soon as it's decided for sure. Sorry for the delay, but it's a minor one. We're just talking about a few extra days, and we'll be getting a much better codebase, and KGW, as a result of that extra time.

Hi I have a question.

Blackcoin's pos 2.0 is original pos version used by "peercoin"
It's not new or creative version of pos.
(Pos 2.0 is the trick naming by blackcoin devs.. It's just competitive pos mining system.. Blackcoin is based on "novacoin..non-competitive pos - very weak !!!"
They just go back to original pos system..)

If you really want to use solar coins as a money "you need another creative way to prevent the weakness of pos blockchain"
Now, there is no solution for pos to keep coins safely. It's not strong way to keep coins safely.
Think. If POS system is enough strong, why bit, lite, doge, dark didn't take pos system..
So you steadly need to focus on the method to improve the safety of pos system.

And the block reward is dramatically decreasing day by day with your plan.
Then, following the reduction of block reward the "Hashrate of mining" will be also decreasing. (The price of coin can't follow this massive reduction of block reward)
It means the "safety of blockchain is going weaker and weaker". It's really dangerous.
Only one of ASIC can ruin the solarcoin. (The end season of pow.. Only one asic can make a double-spending..)

Plz check these things
If there have double-spending, your 99% solar coins will be a valueless data

Where is your question?
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:43:59 AM

We have a dedicated community and we believe they will come through for us and keep the mining network strong before the switchover to PoS.

YES Grin YES Grin YES Grin
sylph93

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:22:30 AM

We have a dedicated community and we believe they will come through for us and keep the mining network strong before the switchover to PoS.

++1

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:55:10 PM

++1

Yup
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

++1

Yup

+1
sylph93

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:07:15 PM

++1

Yup

+1

There are lots of full members here.  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:12:44 AM

++1

Yup

+1

There are lots of full members here.  Grin

And another......I too will do what i can to support this GREAT community and coin!  Been here since day one myself, although I am pretty quiet:-)
Cannacoin

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:16:28 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 08:19:28 AM by Cannacoin

I thought I would take a moment to give the SolarCoin community a quick update on the phase 1 block reduction that we're scheduling for block 310,000.  As of today I am pleased to announce that our team has completed with the reduction changes and are currently in the processes of executing a full simulation based on these protocol changes to insure things run as expected.  Currently we're 18 blocks into the simulated reduction and everything is going per plan, after the simulation is completed and the changes are confirmed successful we will send off the new codebase for both Mac/Windows QT wallet builds and have them prepared prior to the 310,000 hardfork to make sure we have enough time for users to update.

Once I have more information and details I will make sure to let the SLR team know however, I thought the community might like a quick note on the progress.

As always, we're glad to help out :-)
The Cannacoin Team

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
sylph93

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:47:39 AM

I thought I would take a moment to give the SolarCoin community a quick update on the phase 1 block reduction that we're scheduling for block 310,000.  As of today I am pleased to announce that our team has completed with the reduction changes and are currently in the processes of executing a full simulation based on these protocol changes to insure things run as expected.  Currently we're 18 blocks into the simulated reduction and everything is going per plan, after the simulation is completed and the changes are confirmed successful we will send off the new codebase for both Mac/Windows QT wallet builds and have them prepared prior to the 310,000 hardfork to make sure we have enough time for users to update.

Once I have more information and details I will make sure to let the SLR team know however, I thought the community might like a quick note on the progress.

The Cannacoin Team

+++1

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:04:17 PM

Thank you!
Crypto Trader

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:13:06 PM

Some great news, I'm looking forward to the coming months/years, I 'm holding just under 1 million slr and adding weekly and I have no intention of selling for a long time and even then maybe in drips, maybe be able to put my two boys in private school you never know  Cheesy

On another note has anybody used the trading platform http://quatloos.org/ for bittrex, I have only been using it for a week and found it to be really useful, be interested to know if anybody else is using it or similar.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:55:34 PM

Some great news, I'm looking forward to the coming months/years, I 'm holding just under 1 million slr and adding weekly and I have no intention of selling for a long time and even then maybe in drips, maybe be able to put my two boys in private school you never know  Cheesy

On another note has anybody used the trading platform http://quatloos.org/ for bittrex, I have only been using it for a week and found it to be really useful, be interested to know if anybody else is using it or similar.

Shocked Just under 1 million! I was happy with 150k! haha.

Well now I guess I have 180k. Been mining for a while. Trying to get 200k but another coin caught my interest.

Cannacoin

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:32:06 PM

We have a member on the team working with the guys at Quatloo and doing some testing of the software, so far I've heard nothing but great things about it.  Also the conditional software piece is cool unique idea :-)

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:46:30 PM

Price moving up  Grin Grin Grin
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:30:47 PM

Some great news, I'm looking forward to the coming months/years, I 'm holding just under 1 million slr and adding weekly and I have no intention of selling for a long time and even then maybe in drips, maybe be able to put my two boys in private school you never know  Cheesy

OMG... That's looks really awesome. Thank you for sharing it!  Shocked

Aha!!! That's where all the little SLR trades are coming from that showed up recently on the volume charts at the bottom of the Bittrex graph, isn't it?

Last edit, I promise...  Cheesy I LOVE this!!!

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:47:03 PM

If I had 2 Bitcoin, I could do a market order on Bittrex and pop the price to 4000 satoshis.  Cheesy

But I don't, so I won't...

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:55:34 PM

I thought I would take a moment to give the SolarCoin community a quick update on the phase 1 block reduction that we're scheduling for block 310,000.  As of today I am pleased to announce that our team has completed with the reduction changes and are currently in the processes of executing a full simulation based on these protocol changes to insure things run as expected.  Currently we're 18 blocks into the simulated reduction and everything is going per plan, after the simulation is completed and the changes are confirmed successful we will send off the new codebase for both Mac/Windows QT wallet builds and have them prepared prior to the 310,000 hardfork to make sure we have enough time for users to update.

The Cannacoin Team

Thanks for the update! Smiley

PS: I see CCN has had a nice pop in price as well. Good news all around!

freebird

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:41:58 AM

We have a member on the team working with the guys at Quatloo and doing some testing of the software, so far I've heard nothing but great things about it.  Also the conditional software piece is cool unique idea :-)

Looks like a really good trading tool.  Cool

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:44:04 AM

Update: Josh has completed testing of the new code and sent me test results, which look good. He says he's 100% confident that everything is working correctly. Next step is to finish the new wallets, which the CCN dev team will be working on this weekend.

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: