Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

freebird, thanks for setting that all out. Now that I understand what's afoot I'm happier with the situation here. I still think NXT was the way to go, but the die is cast, and it's a heck of a lot better than PoW.

Are there any features of our new PoS crypto 2.0 platform that you are excited about in their application to SLR? If our new platform can do smart contracts it might be good to award SLR to solar producers through a smart contract function. I can imagine one fine day (once the legal dust settles) being able to invest in a solar installation via an IPO/asset offering on the SLR platform. And we all might be able to vote on decisions affecting SLR via a voting mechanism on our block chain. Or am I just blowing smoke?

I'm looking into something we could call SolarHalo, which could do contracts (see BitHalo/BlackHalo for how it could be used for SolarCoin in that sense). We are almost perfect for it. Assuming we use the Blackcoin code base, adopting Halo should be within reach.

SLR Corona? Wink

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:35:07 AM

freebird, thanks for setting that all out. Now that I understand what's afoot I'm happier with the situation here. I still think NXT was the way to go, but the die is cast, and it's a heck of a lot better than PoW.

Are there any features of our new PoS crypto 2.0 platform that you are excited about in their application to SLR? If our new platform can do smart contracts it might be good to award SLR to solar producers through a smart contract function. I can imagine one fine day (once the legal dust settles) being able to invest in a solar installation via an IPO/asset offering on the SLR platform. And we all might be able to vote on decisions affecting SLR via a voting mechanism on our block chain. Or am I just blowing smoke?

BlackCoin v. 2.0 has made some significant technical improvements over most earlier PoS systems (see this article).

BlackHalo is a smart contracts platform for the new version of BlackCoin (see this article). That was one of the things that we found attractive.

The biggest priority for SolarCoin after we transition to PoS is to put the Generator Pool (reserve of SLR for solar generators) into a smart contracts system, to reduce risk and so that granting can be automated. We're looking into BlackHalo, Ethereum, and Ripple as possibilities to accomplish this. Or possibly we could use our own blockchain and the BlackHalo technology (SolarHalo? as Epiphany mentioned).

Governance issues have been put on the back burner for now, until we accomplish these important technical improvements. I personally favor the idea of having a community voting system using our blockchain, as you suggested, and I'm hoping the team will decide to implement something like this in the future. Maybe that's something we can look into next year.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:17:21 AM

Another week  Cry Undecided
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:40:22 PM

Heck I'd wait months longer if that's what it took to have solid code. The fact these folks moved it down a bit gives me more confidence they're on the ball and want to get it done right rather than on time.

freebird

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:46:51 PM

Heck I'd wait months longer if that's what it took to have solid code. The fact these folks moved it down a bit gives me more confidence they're on the ball and want to get it done right rather than on time.

Yeah, we realized that our code needed an overhaul, and sometimes blocks were taking up to 1 hour and other times only a few seconds! So we needed KGW to be put into the code to solve this problem, so that small miners will be more likely to keep mining throughout the block reward reduction phase. Also, this is our first time doing a hard fork so we want to be extra careful to get everything right and give enough lead time to everyone involved (users, generators, pools, exchanges) to update to the new wallets.

I'll post the new block number as soon as the devs confirm it for sure. It'll probably be 310,000. Stay tuned.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
Tachyon2032

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:40:23 AM

The biggest priority for SolarCoin after we transition to PoS is to put the Generator Pool (reserve of SLR for solar generators) into a smart contracts system, to reduce risk and so that granting can be automated. We're looking into BlackHalo, Ethereum, and Ripple as possibilities to accomplish this. Or possibly we could use our own blockchain and the BlackHalo technology (SolarHalo? as Epiphany mentioned).

For whatever my 2 cents is worth, I am not a big fan of Ethereum.  Could just be me, but I do not have a lot of faith in their long-term prospects.  BlackHalo gets my vote.

Also, I really like the suggested name of SLRCorona for the new contracts system name instead of SLRHalo.  It just seems appropriate. 

passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:05:58 AM

For whatever my 2 cents is worth, I am not a big fan of Ethereum.  Could just be me, but I do not have a lot of faith in their long-term prospects.  BlackHalo gets my vote.

Also, I really like the suggested name of SLRCorona for the new contracts system name instead of SLRHalo.  It just seems appropriate. 

SLRCorona sounds like a beer.
sylph93

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:08:50 AM

SLRCorona would be perfect.  Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:17:32 AM

SLRCorona would be perfect.  Smiley

Agreed - Corona is Latin for crown Smiley

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
sylph93

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:23:01 AM

I think the official announcement about hard fork should be issued. We've been waiting since July. Now, It's already September.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Tachyon2032

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:00:00 AM

SLRCorona sounds like a beer.

I was thinking along the lines of the Sun's corona.  Damn, now I can't get the beer out of my head.
Tachyon2032

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:29:40 PM

Found this article in MIT Technology Review and thought this group might find it interesting. 

Sharp Demonstrates Ultra-efficient Solar Cells:

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/528391/sharp-demonstrates-ultra-efficient-solar-cells/

tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:14:29 PM

I think the official announcement about hard fork should be issued. We've been waiting since July. Now, It's already September.

We're working on it...
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 09:05:00 PM

We're working on it...

This announcement was posted on July 18 if you didn't see it. Official announcement of the fork specifics though would be helpful, but I expect we will see something soon. Smiley

http://solarcoin.org/increasing-solarcoin-emphasis-for-solar-generators/

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
freebird

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:28:37 PM

We're working on it...

This announcement was posted on July 18 if you didn't see it. Official announcement of the fork specifics though would be helpful, but I expect we will see something soon. Smiley

Yes, it's just a question of figuring out when the new wallets can be ready, and based on that, adding several days of lead time so that people can get updated. The specific block number will be decided on that basis. I'll let the forum know as soon as the dev team knows. As Patrick said, they're working on it.

sylph93

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:42:39 AM

We're working on it...

Yes, it's just a question of figuring out when the new wallets can be ready, and based on that, adding several days of lead time so that people can get updated. The specific block number will be decided on that basis. I'll let the forum know as soon as the dev team knows. As Patrick said, they're working on it.

Yes, waiting for the specification of fork. hope to have NEW mac wallet without crash on exit as well.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
freebird

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:51:38 AM

We're working on it...

Yes, waiting for the specification of fork. hope to have NEW mac wallet without crash on exit as well.

Just had a conversation with Josh of the new dev team. Fork scheduled for block 310,000. Wallets expected to be ready on Sunday for SLR team's review/testing. New Mac wallet should work fine. Hopefully everything ready for public release middle of next week. Several days lead time before the target block is reached, for pools, exchanges, and users to download the new wallets.

If anything unexpected happens, I'll of course inform the community. But I think we'll be good to go. Fingers crossed.

sylph93

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:03:02 AM

We're working on it...

Just had a conversation with Josh of the new dev team. Fork scheduled for block 310,000. Wallets expected to be ready on Sunday for SLR team's review/testing. New Mac wallet should work fine. Hopefully everything ready for public release middle of next week. Several days lead time before the target block is reached, for pools, exchanges, and users to download the new wallets.

If anything unexpected happens, I'll of course inform the community. But I think we'll be good to go. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for inform. Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:09:29 PM

Thanks freebird.  Cool
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:04:34 PM

Okay, correction, I've only lost 75% of my value. I bought in at 2000 sat.

Are you saying that cannacoin is a fork of blackcoin?

Now I'm completely confused. Is it cannacoin or blackcoin that we are joining?

The Cannacoin dev team is helping us to transition SolarCoin to PoS. This is a two-phase process:

Phase 1: Block reward reduction from 100 to 1 per block, -3 per day for about a month until it reaches 1 SLR per block. This fork will also include implementation of Kimoto's Gravity Well to fix our problem with wildly fluctuating difficulty, and it will use the Cannacoin codebase.

Phase 2: Proof of Stake v. 2.0 using the BlackCoin codebase, with 1% annual interest rate.

We partnered with the Cannacoin team because our own team is short on developers right now and the Cannacoin devs are excellent and have created some excellent apps for their coin, which could easily be adapted for SolarCoin (Reddit tip bot, VBulletin forum tip bot, merchant solutions, etc.). We are excited that they want to help SolarCoin succeed, and I, for one, hope their coin will also succeed and becomes the premier currency of the medical marijuana industry.

As for the SLR price, yes it's dropped a lot, but so have nearly all other PoW currencies in recent months. What has happened to our price is nothing unusual. It's annoying for all of us who got in early, but I'm confident that the price will go back up after we stop producing so many new coins and switch to 1% annual inflation via PoS.

Since I'm on here right now posting, I might as well let everyone know that we've decided to delay the first fork for about 1 more week. The reasons are: (1) when studying the code and the blockchain, the new devs realized there were some problems that should be fixed, such as needing to implement KGW, and we decided to switch to CCN codebase rather than keep using the awful SLR code which was an old, outdated fork of Litecoin and Florincoin. This is going to take a few more days. (2) We needed a few more days also to get the word out and make sure people have enough time to learn about the fork and update their wallets.

I will post the new block number as soon as soon as it's decided for sure. Sorry for the delay, but it's a minor one. We're just talking about a few extra days, and we'll be getting a much better codebase, and KGW, as a result of that extra time.

Hi I have a question.

Blackcoin's pos 2.0 is original pos version used by "peercoin"
It's not new or creative version of pos.
(Pos 2.0 is the trick naming by blackcoin devs.. It's just competitive pos mining system.. Blackcoin is based on "novacoin..non-competitive pos - very weak !!!"
They just go back to original pos system..)

If you really want to use solar coins as a money "you need another creative way to prevent the weakness of pos blockchain"
Now, there is no solution for pos to keep coins safely. It's not strong way to keep coins safely.
Think. If POS system is enough strong, why bit, lite, doge, dark didn't take pos system..
So you steadly need to focus on the method to improve the safety of pos system.

And the block reward is dramatically decreasing day by day with your plan.
Then, following the reduction of block reward the "Hashrate of mining" will be also decreasing. (The price of coin can't follow this massive reduction of block reward)
It means the "safety of blockchain is going weaker and weaker". It's really dangerous.
Only one of ASIC can ruin the solarcoin. (The end season of pow.. Only one asic can make a double-spending..)

Plz check these things
If there have double-spending, your 99% solar coins will be a valueless data
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: