Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:21:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64062 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:19:57 PM

ok, people. I never said I "talked" to Rebecca.  Just a few emails.  My brother (phoenix1969) too.

Also, if you people read the earlier posts you can see that I DID call BOTH numbers from both company websites.  Same secretaries voice on both voicemail systems.  (It was the middle of the night there) I think it is legit which I why I spent some coin.  Too many data points add up for it to be a scam. BUT the only way we will know for sure is when someone goes down to their offices on Monday.  This will put a rest to the speculation once and for all.

In the interested of full disclosure: No, I am not a scammer employee working for them.  They did however send me a discount code for my validation efforts.  That was very kind of them.   I am sure some of you will figure out a way to turn this around and say "See, I told you so".  Well, go ahead, I have nothing to hide. My brother and I both live in Hawaii and I have never been to the UK.

Also, yes, I did sell my KNC units the day before CTS Miner announced their products.  No, I do NOT know that was going to happen.  Yes, I also thought it was a scam at first too.  BUT, then I actually did some homework and connected enough data points for me to believe they are legit. I did this BEFORE starting to bash them publicly for being a scam. Once I thought they were legit, I purchased two of their 5TH units (so far) because the numbers are just too good to pass up. 5TH for 1100 watts is industry leading efficiency.  THEN, I posted my validation findings and will continue to do so, whether it points to them being a scam or a legit company.  

Some of you are so vested in this being a scam, that you refuse to change your mind no matter where the evidence leads.  I also acknowledge, that now since I spent some BTC, I am now vested in this being legit as well.  BUT I am still not closing by mind to either possibility.  All evidence must be reviewed and analyzed.
I apologize, I was convinced you told me you did reach her ..... so many hours on it burns the brain out, lol.
was the answering machine voices matching on both cts and cms... gotcha

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
3rac3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

ok, people.  I never said I "talked" to Rebecca.  Just a few emails.  My brother (phoenix1969) too.

Also, if you people read the earlier posts you can see that I DID call BOTH numbers from both company websites.  Same secretaries voice on both voicemail systems.  (It was the middle of the night there) I think it is legit which I why I spent some coin.  Too many data points add up for it to be a scam. BUT the only way we will know for sure is when someone goes down to their offices on Monday.  This will put a rest to the speculation once and for all.

In the interested of full disclosure: No, I am not a scammer employee working for them.  They did however send me a discount code for my validation efforts.  That was very kind of them.   I am sure some of you will figure out a way to turn this around and say "See, I told you so".  Well, go ahead, I have nothing to hide. My brother and I both live in Hawaii and I have never been to the UK.

Also, yes, I did sell my KNC units the day before CTS Miner announced their products.  No, I do NOT know that was going to happen.  Yes, I also thought it was a scam at first too.  BUT, then I actually did some homework and connected enough data points for me to believe they are legit. I did this BEFORE starting to bash them publicly for being a scam. Once I thought they were legit, I purchased two of their 5TH units (so far) because the numbers are just too good to pass up. 5TH for 1100 watts is industry leading efficiency.  THEN, I posted my validation findings and will continue to do so, whether it points to them being a scam or a legit company.  

Some of you are so vested in this being a scam, that you refuse to change your mind no matter where the evidence leads.  I also acknowledge, that now since I spent some BTC, I am now vested in this being legit as well.  BUT I am still not closing by mind to either possibility.  All evidence must be reviewed and analyzed.

Don't worry  - common sense does not apply here. Some ppl just spend too much time in front of the computer screen and prefer to do whois query rather than to actually have some kind of interaction with the surrounding world and see or talk to the other human being.

Disclaimer: I am *not saying* they are not scam.
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:22:59 PM

ok, people.  I never said I "talked" to Rebecca.  Just a few emails.  My brother (phoenix1969) too.

I see, so you needed money therefore you sold 2 KnC on hand, to buy a product that will never be delivered. Nice work.
mauiflipper

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:23:42 PM

They gave us a phone number.  A couple international calls is all it'd take to resolve a lot of this.

The telephone number provided by "Crypto Technology System" lead to an automatic answering machine. Judging by the similarity with the telephone number provided by "Cambridge Microprocessor System Limited", it is reasonable to deduce that both entities are using the same service (which provides automatic answering machines with telephone numbers).

It was not an automated voice.  It was the voice of a real person.
3rac3

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:24:57 PM

I see, so you needed money therefore you sold 2 KnC on hand, to buy a product that will never be delivered. Nice work.

You don't know that. You assume that.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:26:24 PM

They gave us a phone number.  A couple international calls is all it'd take to resolve a lot of this.

The telephone number provided by "Crypto Technology System" lead to an automatic answering machine. Judging by the similarity with the telephone number provided by "Cambridge Microprocessor System Limited", it is reasonable to deduce that both entities are using the same service (which provides automatic answering machines with telephone numbers).

It was not an automated voice.  It was the voice of a real person.
oh, ok, that's where I got confused...thanks

cheshyr..  used skype... and did.  try both companies..you will see. Daryl got thru first...hehe

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
mauiflipper

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:29:44 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 07:41:27 PM by mauiflipper

Also, I do NOT recommend anyone to buy their products. I am still not 100% sure, just sure enough to buy myself.  There is no harm in waiting till Monday, if they have any left by then. But then again, if it some crazy elaborate scam, then maybe that is why they released on a Friday, which is a terrible day release.

Sheeze, now I know how Copernicus felt.  I am just showing you some evidence that the Earth may not be the center of the solar system and you guys are going ballistic on me for it.  I am just presenting my findings and telling you what I am doing.  Its just data.  Take it and do with it what you like.  If it's not enough for you, then don't risk it.
3rac3

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:31:41 PM

Also, I do NOT recommend anyone to buy their products. I am still not 100% sure, just sure enough to buy myself.  There is no harm in waiting till Monday, if they have any left by then. But then again, if it some crazy elaborate scam, then maybe that is why they released on a Friday, which is a terrible day release.

That's what I am trying to figure out: are they really that sophisticated to release it on Friday so nobody can actually verify anything.
3rac3

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:35:52 PM

Also, I do NOT recommend anyone to buy their products. I am still not 100% sure, just sure enough to buy myself.  There is no harm in waiting till Monday, if they have any left by then. But then again, if it some crazy elaborate scam, then maybe that is why they released on a Friday, which is a terrible day release.

That's what I am trying to figure out: are they really that sophisticated to release it on Friday so nobody can actually verify anything.

BTW they are pretty responsive at odd hours. I have exchanged some e-mail with them and it really doesn't seem like they would be living in UK timezone. Anyway pure speculation .
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:49:54 PM

The only thing that worries me is that I can't found any of those people anywhere.  However, if their company is a government contractor, it would make sense that they were not allowed to have social networking profiles.

Remember what Ms. Saunder's said in her email to me:

Rebecca Saunder's email seems like she is a real person and I think they will flesh out to be legit in the end. I bought two units, because I did enough research to make me believe that they are real.  I admit, it's a risk and they could have done a better job with some proof of product. But they already sold half of their inventory in less than a day, regardless, which is amazing.

Also, I do NOT recommend anyone to buy their products. I am still not 100% sure, just sure enough to buy myself.  There is no harm in waiting till Monday, if they have any left by then. But then again, if it some crazy elaborate scam, then maybe that is why they released on a Friday, which is a terrible day release.

Sheeze, now I know how Copernicus felt.  I am just showing you some evidence that the Earth may not be the center of the solar system and you guys are going ballistic on me for it.  I am just presenting my findings and telling you what I am doing.  Its just data.  Take it and do with it what you like.  If it's not enough for you, then don't risk it.

You are contradicting yourself here. So which is it. You did buy or you did not buy ?

If you could post the link to your recent KNC eBay sale that would also go a long way at proving your credibility. Up to you of course.

* my bad. I see that you say that you did buy. Seems like a real shot in the dark if you ask me but its your money. Still very curious about the KNC sale though

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
wwwin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:52:44 PM

Nah, I know that. 100% sure it is a scam.
Skaterdiejosh

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:00:11 PM

Sheeze, now I know how Copernicus felt.  I am just showing you some evidence that the Earth may not be the center of the solar system and you guys are going ballistic on me for it.  I am just presenting my findings and telling you what I am doing.  Its just data.  Take it and do with it what you like.  If it's not enough for you, then don't risk it.

What was the research that u did that made you want to buy? From all that i have seen all points to being a scam ? Also the parent company website that was listed was a really old looking page that only had like 26 views lol Must of wich from this forum lol ..

Tips -  13q4b2Rq2dA579KShuC2LapSK8E94ZeAWy
https://coinbase.com/?r=5276ab
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

Yeah, if they have any left. Don't want to risk missing out on this one ! This real 30yr old company only accepting payments in a secure non revokable payment method, not offering refunds unless they don't ship, with no pictures, no product development, just a bad cgi model of some box. But hey. The imaginary numbers look really good.

How stupid are you to send them money based on that?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:03:58 PM

So, someone else in here, besides Mauiflipper & I, needs to call CMS, and verify over the phone with them, that CTS is in the building, and is indeed a sub.  Skype has a nice addon, where you can record the call. screencapture... video could be posted on youtube...   That would settle alot....
Any takers?  doubtful... it's so much easier to troll & bash blindly

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:05:52 PM

Sheeze, now I know how Copernicus felt.  I am just showing you some evidence that the Earth may not be the center of the solar system and you guys are going ballistic on me for it.  I am just presenting my findings and telling you what I am doing.  Its just data.  Take it and do with it what you like.  If it's not enough for you, then don't risk it.

What was the research that u did that made you want to buy? From all that i have seen all points to being a scam ? Also the parent company website that was listed was a really old looking page that only had like 26 views lol Must of wich from this forum lol ..
did you even read the thread? Doubtful mauiflipper will be repeating himself over & over

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:06:09 PM

Once I thought they were legit, I purchased two of their 5TH units (so far) because the numbers are just too good to pass up. 5TH for 1100 watts is industry leading efficiency.  THEN, I posted my validation findings and will continue to do so, whether it points to them being a scam or a legit company.  

So, please, show the evidence of your purchase. Let's see if you have balls of steel and if you walk the talk.
wwwin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:07:15 PM

So, someone else in here, besides Mauiflipper & I, needs to call CMS, and verify over the phone with them, that CTS is in the building, and is indeed a sub.  Skype has a nice addon, where you can record the call. screencapture... video could be posted on youtube...   That would settle alot....

so you want them to video record a phone answering service?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:08:15 PM

Once I thought they were legit, I purchased two of their 5TH units (so far) because the numbers are just too good to pass up. 5TH for 1100 watts is industry leading efficiency.  THEN, I posted my validation findings and will continue to do so, whether it points to them being a scam or a legit company.  

So, please, show the evidence of your purchase. Let's see if you have balls of steel and if you walk the talk.
he'll be back later... and it will be answered...  he's at work atm

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
3rac3

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:08:40 PM

Nah, I know that. 100% sure it is a scam.

Ignorance is bliss.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:09:32 PM

so you want them to video record a phone answering service?
hahahaha...no silly... do I really need to answer that?  Call during business hours on monday, and someone will answer... !
Daryl also stated it was a person, not a recording, was my misunderstanding... you must have missed that post

here:

They gave us a phone number.  A couple international calls is all it'd take to resolve a lot of this.

It was not an automated voice.  It was the voice of a real person.
That same person answered both telephone numbers, both companies

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: