Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64035 times)
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:28:27 PM

The heat was so intense that that water cooling system of theirs could not handle it. They had no choice. A victory for the bitcoin community.
This is not a victory for the bitcoin community.  This is a complete and utter failure of this community, and a shining example of why bitcoin is handled with mistrust.  They advertised the best product on the market, and this community managed to twist the truth until everyone believed it was a scam.  Now we've lost their contribution to the scene, and made ourselves look like idiots to the governmental agencies that were contacted to chase them down.

Well done. 

Well if you believe that watch out. The aliens are watching you and they are coming to attack us soon.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:29:21 PM

The heat was so intense that that water cooling system of theirs could not handle it. They had no choice. A victory for the bitcoin community.
This is not a victory for the bitcoin community.  This is a complete and utter failure of this community, and a shining example of why bitcoin is handled with mistrust.  They advertised the best product on the market, and this community managed to twist the truth until everyone believed it was a scam.  Now we've lost their contribution to the scene, and made ourselves look like idiots to the governmental agencies that were contacted to chase them down.

Well done. 

Well if you believe that watch out. The aliens are watching you and they are coming to attack us soon.
Do you honestly believe they refunded the bitcoin because some government agency was pounding on their door?  I would guess they refunded the bitcoin because the project was defunct, even if they had a successful product.  (shrug)  Doesn't matter now. 
Colin Miner

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:32:12 PM

All online services have been taken down due to scam accusations.

The response to our products has been very poor.
The CTS Miner project is now closed.

Refunds are being processed now as per refund policy.

Good bye, don't come back.

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:38:27 PM

Well done. 

Do you honestly believe they refunded the bitcoin because some government agency was pounding on their door?  I would guess they refunded the bitcoin because the project was defunct, even if they had a successful product.  (shrug)  Doesn't matter now. 

Seriously dude ?

There was no company, no project, no product, no contribution, it was a scam from start to finish.

The only one looking like an idiot right now is you with that statement. Sorry.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

Great Dave. Out of everyone in this mess you were the only one I truly felt was victimized here.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

agreed

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:39:21 PM

For what it's worth, I'm glad the people who wanted their refunds got their coin back.  And I'm glad this community is willing to watch out for each other regarding scams.  One of these days, I hope it becomes apparent how much a negative community opinion is a self-fulling prophecy, even if the opinion is based on uncertain information.  It would also be nice if we had a more elegant way to approach these questionable situations.  

In the end, CTSMiner is no more.  The only things lost were transactiosn fees, the time spend tro updating the thread, and the truth of whatever intentions were behind the endeavor.  Time to move on to better things.  I heard ASICMiner announced their next chip specs.
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:42:42 PM

For what it's worth, I'm glad the people who wanted their refunds got their coin back.  And I'm glad this community is willing to watch out for each other regarding scams.  One of these days, I hope it becomes apparent how much a negative community opinion is a self-fulling prophecy, even if the opinion is based on uncertain information.  It would also be nice if we had a more elegant way to approach these questionable situations. 

In the end, CTSMiner is no more.  The only things lost were transactiosn fees, the time spend tro updating the thread, and the truth of whatever intentions were behind the endeavor.  Time to move on to better things.  I heard ASICMiner announced their next chip specs.

+1

That's better , you had me worried there for a sec.

studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:46:30 PM

Top marks and massive slaps on the back to whoever went out of their way behind the scenes to bring this to a resolution and return coins. It's great to see members of the community go out of their way to help others and bring this back into line.

The only thing I would say is that the scammers still deserve to be dealt with by the authorities, even if they have returned the coins. Who knows how many they have ripped before or will try to do again.

BINTEX

Powered by,
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:52:01 PM

I think there were others who got roped into this as well via other means. Such as Facebook, Twitter and more importantly via Google Ads.

I trust that all the others that were not a part of this forum are also receiving refunds ?

There was quite a bit more BTC totaled up in the two suspects wallets than what has been paid back.

YourPalToots

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:53:23 PM

I agree. A lot of things here still do not add up but committing a crime to solve a crime is not how it should be done.

I concur.

They were a scam. 100%. Can we get that clear?

"Rebecca" contacted me because of my "blackmail" (I think someone called it that). I wanted answers.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but Rebecca has a penis.

HE is in a living hell right now, which is exactly where he should be for this scam.

... and let me guess. You will send that information to the brothers to demand compensation.

You are here to take advantage of the situation just like "Rebecca".

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:00:54 PM

I agree. A lot of things here still do not add up but committing a crime to solve a crime is not how it should be done.

I concur.

"Rebecca" contacted me because of my "blackmail" (I think someone called it that). I wanted answers.

HE is in a living hell right now, which is exactly where he should be for this scam.

... and let me guess. You will send that information to the brothers to demand compensation.

Phoenix knows fucking well "Rebecca" did not willingly refund.

Let me try this in captial letters, see if it will sink in.

"REBECCA" SOLD SOME OF THE BTC HE COLLECTED FROM THE SCAM.

Once Augusto/my research revealed who he was, he shit his pants and had to buy back the BTC in order to make the "willing" refund.

Phoenix knows that.

More than anything, I want Phoenix to admit that. I've asked him 5 times today and he sidestepped it and tried to buy me off with a "small gift".

He can go to hell with his small gift, the truth is more important to me. Foil one scammer to help another scammer.

Phoenix, you want to reply to this?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:09:42 PM

Avenger.. ya dunce..  Phoenix is in on the scam

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:24:21 PM

So where is Maui (or is it Rebecca) ?

YourPalToots

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:29:04 PM

I concur.

Phoenix knows fucking well "Rebecca" did not willingly refund.

Let me try this in captial letters, see if it will sink in.

Once Augusto/my research revealed who he was, he shit his pants and had to buy back the BTC in order to make the "willing" refund.

Phoenix knows that.

More than anything, I want Phoenix to admit that. I've asked him 5 times today and he sidestepped it and tried to buy me off with a "small gift".

He can go to hell with his small gift, the truth is more important to me. Foil one scammer to help another scammer.

Phoenix, you want to reply to this?

I understand completely. I always have. You are scamming the scammers.

BTW, I have also thought that the timing was really convenient and too perfect an ending for phoenix to get the money back. With so many people sniffing the bitchain, the only way out for all parties was through a "refund". It is easy to offer a reward when you know there won't be a recovery but as the chain got yanked the story began to unravel. He cried foul a little too loud and now has the thorn of 80%.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:55:04 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 12:36:59 AM by Phoenix1969

Avenger...  Sure, I'll reply to that, no problem.
  As for JNbitcoin buying and selling coin...  has no bearing on the circumstances.
No government agency even had a chance to review the evidence, and whoever is behind all this refunded the btc (Thank God) obviously to avoid prosecution over what was posted in the thread; but it was not over what was pm'd, because that had not had a chance to do its work.
He/she may thing refunding will stop things from progressing... well, there's the butterfliabs thing still...  
That won't change much, because there's no erasing or cancelling all the emails we sent out containing all that evidence.
BUT
Because it was the pressure that Augusto mainly posted, and you (Avenger) followed up via pm... I think you still deserve a scooby snack or three.
I've sent rewards to both Augusto, and our anon friend at NASA/JPL.
Both recipients Augusto and "Nasa man" will be partying tonight for sure. "Small gift" was a pun at best.
No, it's not 80%. But in light of the circumstances, it should be enough to surely pay all their bills this month.
3rac3 offered me something, and I directed her to Augusto & Avenger, she sent something to you.
Mauiflipper has also said he will send something...
I've been sending you requests and corresponding with you, asking for you address to send it to.
You've asked for more every time(Several PM's), without even knowing what was sent. (Seems pretty greedy)
You are making it difficult to reward your efforts.
This is your LAST opportunity to collect the reward I'm offering, which will be exactly the same amount I sent the other two.
Cheers.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
JudgeHearst

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:55:13 PM

For what it's worth, I'm glad the people who wanted their refunds got their coin back.  And I'm glad this community is willing to watch out for each other regarding scams.  One of these days, I hope it becomes apparent how much a negative community opinion is a self-fulling prophecy, even if the opinion is based on uncertain information.  It would also be nice if we had a more elegant way to approach these questionable situations.  

In the end, CTSMiner is no more.  The only things lost were transactiosn fees, the time spend tro updating the thread, and the truth of whatever intentions were behind the endeavor.  Time to move on to better things.  I heard ASICMiner announced their next chip specs.

Cheshyr, I agree that a more elegant way of processing the grey areas would be a good thing.

That being said, I do not think it can be denied that false representations about a product and service were published with the purpose of consumers relying on said false representations in deciding where to spend their $$$$. Even assuming CTS' recent statements are true and that there were good intentions at root, the good elements were poisoned by deceit. People should be outraged at the arrogance and audacity. People should forgive when appropriate.

As we've discussed before, I am a proponent of identifying and practicing community norms for product announcements and the representations contained therein (including some vetting prior to publishing here).  Norms for engaging and welcoming new participants are also not a bad idea.

Just my opinion.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:56:44 PM

Could you prove that?
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:58:45 PM

Why are you and the others still pussy footing around. Come right out and say who, what, where and when. Otherwise you are all in on it. I don't understand the continued secrecy.

sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:08:47 AM

this is an awesome whodunnit.....nice distraction from all the mining....let me know who wins.
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:14:14 AM

Strange that I can no longer find JNbitcoin on localbitcoin or anywhere else. Profiles have been deleted.

And there is also this:

jnbitcoins

UK Web Design Company. We accept Bitcoin and also Trade Bitcoin. We're on the Bitcoin OTC. Look forward to dealing with you. http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=jnbitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: