Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:58:08 PM

Can someone link me to the HUC graphic with the characters on it.  I want to put it on a shirt.  Cool

Edit found one

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1620660_470423453057750_1307799127_n.png

If anyone knows where to find a bigger version let me know.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:05:57 PM

Hi mate,
42million

the "game" is just a way of distributing coins. When no more coins are minted, it will be the same as when no more coins in bitcoin are minted (and other none PoS coins).
It will be a crypto currency, of which the entire history, battles etc of which "mined" the coins will be recorded for eternity. A Visibly representation.

The game will be then pointless -- but, it would be possible to use the network for something else.. maybe decentralized tw1tter or something else.
Long way off though Smiley

This is by design - deflationary crypto currency?

why you say this?
the game would become a place to fights vs others, and part of the fees could be placed ingame instead of going to miners pockets, preserving current game mechanics.
game would not produce new coins, but can anyway redistrubite them.
I think that a coin that aim to be "human mineable" should pay more(should pay ONLY gamers, but impossible to do) humans players then mining rigs

e.g. I imagine a future where every fees generated by moves (or 50% of tx fees in a block) are placed on the map

miners get tx fees to secure the network, otherwise no point mining.

but putting some of tx fees on the map could  be ok - maybe - not worth thinking about now imo.

Playing the game would be pointless if you don't get any money. Why risk getting killed. Maybe there would still be some..

that is how Huntercoin was designed, like any other cryptos. No more coins will be minted at a certain point.
The  difference is you can visibly see the history of the chain. People need to try to think of huntercoin as a crypto currency and not so much as a game Smiley

Anyway, anything could happen in the future..

but knowing that no more coins will be mineable in the game should not have a negative impact on peoples views -- if it does, sell your bitcoins.

agree. Bigger fish to fry atm and at the end of the day the network is spinning either way.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:09:53 PM

Can someone link me to the HUC graphic with the characters on it.  I want to put it on a shirt.  Cool

Edit found one

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1620660_470423453057750_1307799127_n.png

If anyone knows where to find a bigger version let me know.

Smiley

someone did these a bit back

merlin0113

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:07:27 AM

What do you say about the situation of coin monopoly in the game? Do you think it's a concern in the perspective of game experience (i.e. coins distrubition fairness) even at this stage? I feel nervous about silence of this monopoly situation.
BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:45:39 AM

There are quite a few posts about the game getting monopolized at times in the past. But it's very hard I believe to monopolize the game, especially with the higher cost. If you (general) don't like it the monopoly, then come up with a strategy to overthrow the monopoly, or devise a team to do it.

Somebody will always have more coins. Whether they play the game better, or buy everything off the exchange. Bots do provide a monopoly since they can operate 24/7. But they can be defeated manually or with other bots.

I only have a problem with monopolizing the game when there is no one willing to challenge. That is the point I fear the game may be in trouble. When I looked at the map today I am surprised about the amount of coins lying around, so there doesn't seem to be much of a monopoly right now.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:59:35 AM

I agree with BGB.
You need to fight back - it's actually easy to get coins atm, the problem is that humans can't sit in front of the game 24/7

there is room for improvement, and these improvements are ongoing.

players need access to semi-afk play.. basic bots

I think that when everyone has auto destruct + gather, it will level the field some more.

merlin0113

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:49:13 AM

I agree with BGB.
You need to fight back - it's actually easy to get coins atm, the problem is that humans can't sit in front of the game 24/7

I think that when everyone has auto destruct + gather, it will level the field some more.

Thank you dear BGB and Snailbrain.

By saying monopoly I mean 80% coins are won by 4 to 5 ppl who apparently being a team.

I think maybe map design make it a bit easy (i.e. at low cost) to defend the central pool or the four moon pools.  Just my thought.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:13:10 AM

every player i've heard personally, even the most loyal that use my client nearly 24/h ( !!! ) that are trying to bring new people to play this game, say that the real big problem is about the difficulty for new playet to start (blockchain size, sync) and wallet corruption that costs them money that can't be recovered (or at least not easily) and that require periodical recreation of the wallet (not an easy thing to do for newbies)

IMHO all others talking now are less important, because without a player base there is no challenge and few can collect the most, and without a player base, the interest in the coin is low as its value.

when (if) more (at least 100x actual ratio i mean) player will play this game, you'll see that monopolization wouldn't be so easy and bot wouldn't be a big problem, because there will be always someone online fighting in team or with many hunters, but to reach that point, known problem stated above have to be addressed.

As notd by BGB, currently the map has a lot of uncollected coin areas, i read this as a bad sign because mean lack of interest, but this could be solved as well

my 2 cents

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
BGB_HUC

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:10:47 PM

As notd by BGB, currently the map has a lot of uncollected coin areas, i read this as a bad sign because mean lack of interest, but this could be solved as well

Agree, after watching the game for a while, looking at naming schemes, and what players are working with each other, there only seems to be a handful of unique people/teams playing. Interesting watching generals blowing up other characters for a couple coins when there are hundreds just laying around anyway.
merlin0113

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:25:23 PM

Agree, after watching the game for a while, looking at naming schemes, and what players are working with each other, there only seems to be a handful of unique people/teams playing. Interesting watching generals blowing up other characters for a couple coins when there are hundreds just laying around anyway.

There is reason why singular player don't go after the splitted coins deep into the pools. The reason is being killed in the process. So it's relatively economical to rob someone who luckily manage to escape from the pools, most with less 10 coins of course.

This is monopoly in some way I think. It's not "interesting" as you are refering, I call it's being reasonable.

I am not saying it's not acceptable, because a game without competition is not a sustainable game. I just point that it's not that easy to get coin as it seems like.
merlin0113

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:32:43 PM

client wont sync, gets stuck and doesn't download any more of the blockchain, and does nothing so that means I wont be trying out the game

It's very time consuming to sync from the beginning block but not impossible. Just download the official blockchain data, will make it much much easier. Just try again, it's a fine game!

More info see http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=37.0
redbeans2012

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:08:30 PM

client wont sync, gets stuck and doesn't download any more of the blockchain, and does nothing so that means I wont be trying out the game

It's very time consuming to sync from the beginning block but not impossible. Just download the official blockchain data, will make it much much easier. Just try again, it's a fine game!

I'm having a hell of a time to get this running too.  

I downloaded the blockchain and I'm trying to get the downloaded blockchain in the directory but I must be doing something wrong.  

I downloaded 7 zip.. then proceeded to unzip the huntercoin file with the extension .zip.001 to the Appdata directory.

Seems to unzip and create another zip folder into the App Data directory which my computer gives an error when trying to unzip again.  Basically I'm not sure what to do.

I think dumbing down the process of getting started with huntercoin should be very important.  Alot of us that want to play aren't real tech savvy.  I usually can figure stuff out eventually, but most don't have the patience I have.  No point doing all this work if people get too frustrated to even play. 

A video would be great.

Undecided

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:53:06 PM

I agree with BGB.

Anything that makes a playing session less time consuming would be a good thing.

Perhaps a "Word of Recall" type item that can be found randomly like hearts and activated like destruct?
Specifically for the casual player. If it comes with a cost (or a risk to lose all coins)
than the guys who dominate the center won't use it, and the game mechanics are not dumbed down too much.

If it later turns out that unsupervised generals get killed most of the time when they walk through the chokepoints
to the inner ring... well, then we also need a dangerous to use random group teleport item.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:34:21 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 09:32:13 AM by BGB_HUC

I downloaded the blockchain and I'm trying to get the downloaded blockchain in the directory but I must be doing something wrong.  

I downloaded 7 zip.. then proceeded to unzip the huntercoin file with the extension .zip.001 to the Appdata directory.

I am uploading an alternative to see if it helps.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!JwowWQxC!Cvgw_ArDdE7pXQo-azCyZg

These will be the dat files zipped:

blk0001.zip
blk0002.zip
blk0003.zip
blk0004.zip
blkindex.zip
game.zip
nameindexfull.zip

Right now blk0001.zip and blk0002.zip are done and blk0003 is 50% and will take a few hours for them all to complete.

Same directions apply... for the default setup, unzip each of these in your c:\users\<name>\appdata\roaming\huntercoin directory and then run your huntercoin executable.

merlin0113

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

I'm having a hell of a time to get this running too.  

Seems to unzip and create another zip folder into the App Data directory which my computer gives an error when trying to unzip again.  Basically I'm not sure what to do.

I think dumbing down the process of getting started with huntercoin should be very important.  Alot of us that want to play aren't real tech savvy.  I usually can figure stuff out eventually, but most don't have the patience I have.  No point doing all this work if people get too frustrated to even play. 

A video would be great.

Undecided

I used 7zip.exe to unzip too. It worked for me. Maybe one of your zip files is corrupt because the data is huge indeed. I hope dear domob can find a way to reduce the data size which is very important and certainly will be beneficial in many ways.

merlin0113

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:49:41 AM

I agree with BGB.

Anything that makes a playing session less time consuming would be a good thing.

Perhaps a "Word of Recall" type item that can be found randomly like hearts and activated like destruct?
Specifically for the casual player. If it comes with a cost (or a risk to lose all coins)
than the guys who dominate the center won't use it, and the game mechanics are not dumbed down too much.

If it later turns out that unsupervised generals get killed most of the time when they walk through the chokepoints
to the inner ring... well, then we also need a dangerous to use random group teleport item.

It's exactly what I mean. The random disaster is a very brilliant move. But 10 HUCs general makes it extremely dangerous for afk players. I think under the disater incoming and without the 2 sidekicks attached to a general, the map shoud be much less crowed anyway if remains 1 HUC a general. Just my guess.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:31:03 PM

It's exactly what I mean. The random disaster is a very brilliant move. But 10 HUCs general makes it extremely dangerous for afk players. I think under the disater incoming and without the 2 sidekicks attached to a general, the map shoud be much less crowed anyway if remains 1 HUC a general. Just my guess.

I know its very early, but its feeling like the 1/10,000 is high, but was a reasonable starting point. It feels like the game will hit the next mandatory disaster block in which there is time to recycle etc which defeats the purpose of the disaster i think. As discussed a rising or higher probability might be better.

Also its been discussed quite a bit, but I am still wondering about the recycling for the 10HUC during attacks. Although I have used it to my advantage quite often in the past, would it be more game worthy if the 10HUC (or 50%-70%) used to purchase the general became allocated on the game board and reduce some of the frivolous attacks?   I know, I know I am guilty of participating in that behavior... but with little to no risk in destructing, lack of players, etc... well you know....

The general's real worth is in keeping its subordinates alive.
merlin0113

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:57:52 PM

I know its very early, but its feeling like the 1/10,000 is high, but was a reasonable starting point. It feels like the game will hit the next mandatory disaster block in which there is time to recycle etc which defeats the purpose of the disaster i think. As discussed a rising or higher probability might be better.

Also its been discussed quite a bit, but I am still wondering about the recycling for the 10HUC during attacks. Although I have used it to my advantage quite often in the past, would it be more game worthy if the 10HUC (or 50%-70%) used to purchase the general became allocated on the game board and reduce some of the frivolous attacks?   I know, I know I am guilty of participating in that behavior... but with little to no risk in destructing, lack of players, etc... well you know....

The general's real worth is in keeping its subordinates alive.

Dear BGB, I agree with you. This second coins allocation is indeed very constructive advice.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:42:20 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 05:51:54 PM by BayAreaCoins

First meeting with a small VC firm went really well! Keep on keeping on guys and about to 80/20 Monoply thing.. that is just the way the world works. (80/20 rule.)

I will start offering bounties on some things that id like to see done for the coin coming up!

I have some Pappy Van Winkle again for sale. Offering 10 percent off for huc purchases.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707408.msg7989926#msg7989926

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
redbeans2012

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:40:20 PM

First meeting with a small VC firm went really well! Keep on keeping on guys and about to 80/20 Monoply thing.. that is just the way the world works. (80/20 rule.)

I will start offering bounties on some things that id like to see done for the coin coming up!

I have some Pappy Van Winkle again for sale. Offering 10 percent off for huc purchases.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707408.msg7989926#msg7989926

VC firm? for what?  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: