Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:54:55 PM

Do coins spawn in blocks that you are standing in if you are in a spawn area?  If so who gets the coin if more than one character is in the spot?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:01:51 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 06:27:43 PM by snailbrain

>imho solution for the happy ending would be to make available the game to as much person as possible, i've not a receipe to reach that point, but it should be the goal to pursue in the short-term

It needs to be easy to start playing.  I've been having a hell of a time getting the program to run the last few days.  If I wasn't so heavily invested I would have given up by now.   Undecided

I agree.

And that's what we are working torwards.
I'm not sure if everyone is having a dig at me or something..??

Don't talk to me as if I'm a decision maker because I'm not.
I have your same vision about the difference between huntercoin/bitcoin and this is what i say always to snailbrain when he rise sometimes analogy with bitcoin when we were talking about tech details.
bitcoin and huntercoin have totally different technical problems and thus has to be handled differently. If bitcoins doesn't implement a feature is because maybe they don't need it, not because it was impossible or not a good choice.
Totally agree with you

I never not agree Cheesy but yes you do mention it.
I wouldn't say totally different technical problems? A lot of fixes so far have come from later bitcoin commits, or past issues.

--

everyone is going on about what needs to be done:

This is what is being done, and if someone else wants to do anything else or suggest we do something other that what we are doing then do so

1. Blockchain Pruning (lower disk space by orders of magnitude - should allow people to download the pruned chain in minutes) - progressing and being tested in stages.
2. Performance Tuning (faster syncing) -
3. Basic Bot Interface + Auto-Attack
5. Centralized Server Service - (investor project - more details later)
6. Mithril Man Advanced Client - with pruning it will be very popular i think.

About monopoly and many bots owning the place - that's what we are trying to improve. We already have IMO made an improvement over human vs bot ratio, or/and a tleast made the game more playable.

The solutions which I think should be prioritized are AFK play (botting) and blockchain pruning/performance (so people can get up and running asap [by downloading pruned chain from someone they trust]). Domob is working on both these atm.
Would people say Domob's time is better being spent on doing something else?
Do you know any more devs who would like to contribute? Or can you find anyone? - to speed things up.

If you have some idea that you think we should be concentrating on other than the above - what?

Do coins spawn in blocks that you are standing in if you are in a spawn area?  If so who gets the coin if more than one character is in the spot?

The coins spawn in specified areas, not near the spawn area - maybe someone stayed in the spawn area for 30 blocks?

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:05:29 PM

When I say spawn area I meant the places the coins "spawn" sorry.  

Will coins show up on an occupied space?  What if 2 people occupy the space?  Who gets the coin?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:12:33 PM

When I say spawn area I meant the places the coins "spawn" sorry.  

Will coins show up on an occupied space?  What if 2 people occupy the space?  Who gets the coin?

it's split

@about MithrilMan MultiBit
Probably possible - we have thought about this stuff in the past, and if anyone has the skills to do it, it would be great (have not read the full idea of yours yet)

Someone was about to do it for namecoin- he received 750$ of NMC (at the time), but hasn't got round to doing it... this iirc wasn't going to include names to begin with.

https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1450

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:56:48 PM

There is no doubt far fewer bots/hunters than there were. Different tactics needed, but generally easier to get coins.

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:50:39 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 09:01:55 PM by snailbrain

There is no doubt far fewer bots/hunters than there were. Different tactics needed, but generally easier to get coins.

Yes I agree.

--

Regarding my numerous times saying Huntercoin is not a game... I haven't.
I said it shoud be considered more of a crypto currency than a game
As per how, Chronokings will be more of a game, than a crypto currency.

Yes Huntercoin is a game - but peolpe are only playing it because they want to get coins.
If it's not to be considered a crypto currency, what is the point??
It cannot compete with WoW/Everquest etc, or even a basic RTS, what is the point of it being in the chain?

The idea behind huntercoin is for humans (or bots) to mine coins in a completely different visible way.

I'm pretty sure that no one would play huntercoin if they didn't thnk there is a chance that their hucs will one day be worth something.
For it to be worth something it has to be considered a crypto currency first, game second.. or both at the same time. People aren't going to invest in huntercoin if they don't see it as being used a "crypto Currency". that is just the way it is.
But this is my opinion, and if people believe some other way, they are welcome too it.

tbh - don't think it matters - so not sure why people keep going on about it..

We are still going to continue with the plan laid out in the previous posts. The aim is to make Huntercon more fun - whether i feel to call it more of a crypto currency with human mining or it's "just a basic game".

If people want to promote huntercoin in a different way, please do.. personally I think people can do what they want, but we should wait until - again - we have completed the tasks from the previous posts.

p.s. aim is to make Huntercon more fun -

OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:15:24 PM

>imho solution for the happy ending would be to make available the game to as much person as possible, i've not a receipe to reach that point, but it should be the goal to pursue in the short-term

It needs to be easy to start playing.  I've been having a hell of a time getting the program to run the last few days.  If I wasn't so heavily invested I would have given up by now.   Undecided

I agree.

And that's what we are working torwards.
I'm not sure if everyone is having a dig at me or something..??

Don't talk to me as if I'm a decision maker because I'm not.
I have your same vision about the difference between huntercoin/bitcoin and this is what i say always to snailbrain when he rise sometimes analogy with bitcoin when we were talking about tech details.
bitcoin and huntercoin have totally different technical problems and thus has to be handled differently. If bitcoins doesn't implement a feature is because maybe they don't need it, not because it was impossible or not a good choice.
Totally agree with you

I never not agree Cheesy but yes you do mention it.
I wouldn't say totally different technical problems? A lot of fixes so far have come from later bitcoin commits, or past issues.

--

everyone is going on about what needs to be done:

This is what is being done, and if someone else wants to do anything else or suggest we do something other that what we are doing then do so

1. Blockchain Pruning (lower disk space by orders of magnitude - should allow people to download the pruned chain in minutes) - progressing and being tested in stages.
2. Performance Tuning (faster syncing) -
3. Basic Bot Interface + Auto-Attack
5. Centralized Server Service - (investor project - more details later)
6. Mithril Man Advanced Client - with pruning it will be very popular i think.

About monopoly and many bots owning the place - that's what we are trying to improve. We already have IMO made an improvement over human vs bot ratio, or/and a tleast made the game more playable.

The solutions which I think should be prioritized are AFK play (botting) and blockchain pruning/performance (so people can get up and running asap [by downloading pruned chain from someone they trust]). Domob is working on both these atm.
Would people say Domob's time is better being spent on doing something else?
Do you know any more devs who would like to contribute? Or can you find anyone? - to speed things up.

If you have some idea that you think we should be concentrating on other than the above - what?

Do coins spawn in blocks that you are standing in if you are in a spawn area?  If so who gets the coin if more than one character is in the spot?

The coins spawn in specified areas, not near the spawn area - maybe someone stayed in the spawn area for 30 blocks?

Why you do not say a word about deciding on "pending"?
I think it is one and the most important issues at the moment!
But you therefore something about it do not say anything!

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:47:18 PM

no idea what you talking about, care to explain?

do You mean stuck pending transactions?
anyone still getting this? - i've not had this issue for months

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:52:24 PM

It cannot compete with WoW/Everquest etc, or even a basic RTS, what is the point of it being in the chain?

Decentralization. Blizzard can do whatever they want with your WoW account and there is almost no chance you can do something about it. Or they can just go bust, game over.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:55:07 PM

Regarding my numerous times saying Huntercoin is not a game... I haven't.
I said it shoud be considered more of a crypto currency than a game
As per how, Chronokings will be more of a game, than a crypto currency.

Yes Huntercoin is a game - but peolpe are only playing it because they want to get coins.
If it's not to be considered a crypto currency, what is the point??

The idea behind huntercoin is for humans (or bots) to mine coins in a completely different visible way.

I'm pretty sure that no one would play huntercoin if they didn't thnk there is a chance that their hucs will one day be worth something.
For it to be worth something it has to be considered a crypto currency first, game second.. or both at the same time. People aren't going to invest in huntercoin if they don't see it as being used a "crypto Currency". that is just the way it is.
But this is my opinion, and if people believe some other way, they are welcome too it.

tbh - don't think it matters - so not sure why people keep going on about it..

We are still going to continue with the plan laid out in the previous posts. The aim is to make Huntercon more fun - whether i feel to call it more of a crypto currency with human mining or it's "just a basic game".

If people want to promote huntercoin in a different way, please do.. personally I think people can do what they want, but we should wait until - again - we have completed the tasks from the previous posts.

p.s. aim is to make Huntercon more fun -

I call this a different vision. You focus more on the cryptocurrency aspect while i focus more on the gaming aspect, both are valid but in my opinion this should be considered a game and thus effort should go thoward game improvement in term of fruibility (easily accessible in term of time and HW/SW requirements) and usability (friendly interface, advanced features, etc..)
while the first aspect is out of my competence, the second is what i'm trying to achieve

I don't think the game aspect is something to understimate, people PLAY (or at least played) this game because they were able to gain something playing and selling things generated by game, and I don't see any difference if this was like a diablo with Acution where you sold items for real moneys. The facts that what you get is a cryptocoin imho is just a nice technical details that add some spicy to the game in term of innovation as for cryptocurrency that is used to store gamestatus, but the player really doesn't care if it has to transform hucs in $ or get straight $ or pizza right at home, he just care that playing and having fun (and people rly liked the early days of this game even if simple) they could gain money and i think that if huc value was higher, nobody cared to hold, they just would have sold to monetize.

This is why I stuck up my nose when you wrote this :

the "game" is just a way of distributing coins. When no more coins are minted, it will be the same as when no more coins in bitcoin are minted (and other none PoS coins).
It will be a crypto currency, of which the entire history, battles etc of which "mined" the coins will be recorded for eternity. A Visibly representation.

The game will be then pointless -- but, it would be possible to use the network for something else.. maybe decentralized tw1tter or something else.
Long way off though Smiley

If this was just a cryptocurrency, no one would be interested in the coin, while the fact that this is a game, gives a value to huntercoin.
recap: while the game per se can survive if it doesn't give out hucs but $, discounts or whatever that have an intrinsec value, the coin can't survive if it isn't attached to the game aspect

P.S.
It's just a speach about vision

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
OSYA

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:58:30 PM

Yes, you read that right!
I know 4 people who play and all this problem was there and did not disappear!
Especially the cases after the last disaster
I make a video?!

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:01:21 PM

It's a real problem, reported several time (even by me on huntercoin forum)
Last time i gave a theory that domob thought was right i think.
Last time it happened to me, I noticed that it happen when I tried to move two of my hunters, and while it was in pending status, one of two was killed and then the other never went to blockchain, domob think because that kill caused a doublespend issue.
After that problem, even removing the pending transaction didn't resolved the problem because the next transaction sent after delete, remain stuck (it's like if you have a dirty money you can't spend in the middle of your hoard that sometimes is used and cause the pending problem)
this is a very annoying problem because it force you to create a new wallet, transfer chars, etc...

here the link to my last post about the problem: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=123.0

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:02:29 PM

I don't think the game aspect is something to understimate, people PLAY (or at least played) this game because they were able to gain something playing and selling things generated by game, and I don't see any difference if this was like a diablo with Acution where you sold items for real moneys.

Try playing Diablo without spending most of wealth you acquired along the way and you will not make much progress. In the meantime, check price and lack of buy orders for HUC
especially noticable on Cryptsy. ATM less than 200 HUC are required to drop price below 0.00001 BTC - you can fool investors but only for a while.

OSYA

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:12:00 PM

Last time it happened to me, I noticed that it happen when I tried to move two of my hunters, and while it was in pending status, one of two was killed and then the other never went to blockchain, domob think because that kill caused a doublespend issue.
After that problem, even removing the pending transaction didn't resolved the problem because the next transaction sent after delete, remain stuck (it's like if you have a dirty money you can't spend in the middle of your hoard that sometimes is used and cause the pending problem)
this is a very annoying problem because it force you to create a new wallet, transfer chars, etc...

here the link to my last post about the problem: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=123.0

Thanks for your support! I have already addressed this issue several times, but I do the fool ...  Grin

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:42:23 PM

I don't think the game aspect is something to understimate, people PLAY (or at least played) this game because they were able to gain something playing and selling things generated by game, and I don't see any difference if this was like a diablo with Acution where you sold items for real moneys.

Try playing Diablo without spending most of wealth you acquired along the way and you will not make much progress. In the meantime, check price and lack of buy orders for HUC
especially noticable on Cryptsy. ATM less than 200 HUC are required to drop price below 0.00001 BTC - you can fool investors but only for a while.

I'm not sure I've understood, anyway i was pointing out that what people like about this project is the IDEA that you can gain money while playing
that doens't mean that you'll really gain something, but having a chance to gain is enough for player to be involved

Watching the market now is biting our own balls at the moment, but the fact that with few hucs you can move price so low but it has not been done in weeks, means that people are holding, and that's not a bad sign
and even if that will happen, the volume is still so low that has no meaning

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:51:11 PM

I'm not sure I've understood, anyway i was pointing out that what people like about this project is the IDEA that you can gain money while playing
that doens't mean that you'll really gain something, but having a chance to gain is enough for player to be involved

Chance that player will gain something dwarfs the chance investors will gain something but markets will create equilibrium there anyway. 1 BTC for all HUC in existence, maybe.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:53:40 PM

Thanks for your support! I have already addressed this issue several times, but I do the fool ...  Grin

I know, me too, but I think that we all should take a breath.
Problem is that resources are low and thus things are done when can be done.
I really think that snailbrain is aware of the problems, maybe he could miss something sometimes because there are many things to do and if something doesn't happen to you, you could think that it doen't exists, many times people report non existent problems, maybe just because they are doing things in the wrong way, or because are too lazy to read instructions, etc...

about this problem, as i said I've already reported it, and now maybe I'll add a github issue where domob is facilitated to follow and I invite anyone who has problems with the game, to open issues on github: https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/issues

i reported many problems on forum and everytime when domob replied, he asked me to open issue on github. For laziness i didn't so i can't blame him to not having fixed problems, but when i reported a problem about startup daemon status, he fixed it pretty fast: https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/issues/63

now i've reported a couple of things some days ago that need to be addressed
https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/issues/68
https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/issues/69

but that have low priority so it's not a problem, but maybe once filled pending issue, it will solved relatively fast

We are on the same boat, we all want the game to succeed, so let's row in the same direction and support each other

merlin0113

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:04:25 AM

About the post you refering to I found a bgb solution/method of the "damaged wallet" which replace "invalid" coins with new coins, I will give it a try also I will share this with my qq group friends. Thanks very much!

As I myself always have this problem of pending transactions after my hunter killed. This situation is well known within our qq group. Maybe snailbrain is skilled player and don't have his hunter killed for months. lol, just a kidding, lol.

EDIT: I had this pending transaction problem happened to 2 different new wallet last week. While my "addicted" friends reported dozens like that.
merlin0113

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:05:47 AM

can't beleive this scam coin... coins just disappeared out of my secure wallet. I should of sold this crap ages ago!

This is not possible. Have you mitaken the wallet file for another?
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:22:20 AM

can't beleive this scam coin... coins just disappeared out of my secure wallet. I should of sold this crap ages ago!

Five possibilities, taking into account that your account is a throwaway account...

1. You are lying.

2. You downloaded the wrong blockchain (if you have old version this is likely)

3. You gave someone access to your wallet.dat file unencrypted or the password to the client

4. You found a bug.

5. You are lying.

Seeing your past posts... #1 and #5 are likely...99.9% likely.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: