Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:27:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:54:51 AM

Any ideas on the startup error I got and posted to last page?

where did you get the qt from?

tried with a fresh datadir? (just rename the old datadir)

tried a blank wallet? (i.e. no wallet)

My appdata directory.  I copeied all the files bgb told me to.

http://imgur.com/We9rDWH

I don't see either of the files you are talking about.

I have the version I downloaded from mega.  It seems to be the right version I redownloaded it to make sure.  unzipped it in my downloads directory and ran it.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sorji

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:43:39 AM

My appdata directory.  I copeied all the files bgb told me to.

I have the version I downloaded from mega.  It seems to be the right version I redownloaded it to make sure.  unzipped it in my downloads directory and ran it.

Screen shoot shows that u r most likely encounter an system error!  better to rebuild the OS, Cos working fine/ fast sync with the 1.0.00d client and OP blockchain in both mine/friend's DT/NB
----Platform Info.-----
-NB1:Intel Pentium Dual Core+4G Mem+256GSSD (Win7 Pro 32bits)------single client/smooth
-NB2:Intel I7 M640+8G Mem+256GSSD(Win7 Pro 64bits)------single client/smooth
-DT:Intel E3v3+16GMem+512GSSD(Win7 Pro 64bits)------multiclient/smooth(5 or even more)
merlin0113

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:34:04 AM

Sorry I didn't get a chance to test the downloads... spent my free time getting some disaster coins today. Smiley

DO you have a more clear view of what's going on on the map?

The situation now is low price results in less competition, less competition results in game monopoly (i.e. coins monopoly), coins monopoly eventually results in even lower price (because the monoploy guys won loads of coins too easily).

I don't know if this would have a negative compact to the coin. I'm just stating the fact, which you guys seems don't admit it.

Another question: what's snailbrain's position on this project? He is no tech guru but seems he in charge of this project. Right?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:17:00 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 05:51:11 AM by snailbrain

Hey snailbrain,

What's next for HUC after the update?

Official:
Integrating Basic Botting System (so everyone can use) - AutoAttack / Gather Bot
Blockchain Pruning
Performance Tuning
keep observing and tweaking.

- other stuff, try to get HUC on more exchanges and get more miners mining - these will hopefully come with time.

Not Official:
Still Working on Centralized Server.

MithrilMan Updating his client Often, soon to be adding bot system.

---

My appdata directory.  I copeied all the files bgb told me to.

I have the version I downloaded from mega.  It seems to be the right version I redownloaded it to make sure.  unzipped it in my downloads directory and ran it.

Which files?

try to rename huntercoin datadir.. the folder where all the datafiles are (blockchain etc). Just to see if the problem is related to those files in there.. a test.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to test the downloads... spent my free time getting some disaster coins today. Smiley

The situation now is low price results in less competition, less competition results in game monopoly (i.e. coins monopoly), coins monopoly eventually results in even lower price (because the monoploy guys won loads of coins too easily).

I don't know if this would have a negative compact to the coin. I'm just stating the fact, which you guys seems don't admit it.

Another question: what's snailbrain's position on this project? He is no tech guru but seems he in charge of this project. Right?

the first part - "you guys don't seem to admit?" -- no idea what you are on about??

The only monopoly is that bot masters have the ability to play 24/7, automatically. As per some previous comments - we are working on allowing all players to have some basic botting interface, so that they can play 24/7 in a semi afk state.

1. Botting
2. Alarms

Huntercoin is a work in Progress.

-

Snailbrain's Position - same position as you

although
I am the creator of the concept, game designer, project manager (for over a year), tester, initially funded the project and other stuff
Not sure what you mean by not a tech guru - my coding skills are pretty weak if that's what you mean...

You could say:
Domob is Lead Developer (coder)
Snailbrain - Game Designer - (game mechanics etc)

No one is really "in charge", it's an opensource project. Anyone can stand up and take over now. It all depends on who people will listen to. I'm confident that the way the project is/has been handled thus far, that this isn't going to happen for a while, if ever.

The project is in good hands <3

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 05:53:31 AM

I'll add my own point of view to snailbrain's answer:  I'm still working on more performance improvements, with some already implemented and some to come.  They won't be really "visible" (no changes to UI or game mechanics or so), but will hopefully both reduce syncing time as well as disk storage required.

Also, currently I'm working on a "bot framework library" in Python (will be free software).  It won't have a nifty UI, but it will handle the "technical details" for you (creating / managing players, sending correct movement commands and all that) - so that you can focus on implementing the actual strategy you are thinking about.  Strategies can also be shared and extended in the community.  I will include a basic gathering bot (similar to BGB's) as an example, which can be used already as-is without implementing additional strategies.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:00:43 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 11:16:49 AM by MithrilMan

as a general thought i stay on my position: as long as the game will not be easily accessible to all (so until blockchain size/sync time/wallet problems will be fixed) we'll face always same problem that's the lack of players, no matter how much features will be added to clients, etc..

snailbrain keep saying that this isn't a game, but people (me too) perceive this coin as a game before than a cryptocoin, and the huntercoin ecosystem actually is based on the player willing to buy hucs to play the game ( ~ 0 ), that's why the coin value has dropped.

Of course someone could see some potential in this coin, investing in it buying all current coins on markets at any point and this would give a burst but just in short term, if nothing will be done to solve the main problem

this is why now I'm working as always on my project, fixing and adding new things, but the most time consuming upcoming things will be slowed down, partially because I'll have 3 weeks holidays in 10 days (so expect a new release in 10 days that will address some issues and add some features like player transfers and reward address change), and partially because investing so much time for very few people playing the game isn't worthwhile at the moment

actually my client is used, daily, from ~ 15 persons
some are very addicted to the game (i suppose the people who are owning the central zone at the moment, almost always connected) and others playing sometimes
with this low numbers every my effort to improve the client and thus the game, is not worthwhile, need some groundbreaking change

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
NxtChoice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:19:48 PM

Thank you all developments. HUC is very innovative.

I'm wondering whether a disaster has happened.

merlin0113

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:39:58 PM

Hey snailbrain,

Official:
Integrating Basic Botting System (so everyone can use) - AutoAttack / Gather Bot
Blockchain Pruning
Performance Tuning
keep observing and tweaking.

- other stuff, try to get HUC on more exchanges and get more miners mining - these will hopefully come with time.

Not Official:
Still Working on Centralized Server.

MithrilMan Updating his client Often, soon to be adding bot system.

---

My appdata directory.  I copeied all the files bgb told me to.

I have the version I downloaded from mega.  It seems to be the right version I redownloaded it to make sure.  unzipped it in my downloads directory and ran it.

Which files?

try to rename huntercoin datadir.. the folder where all the datafiles are (blockchain etc). Just to see if the problem is related to those files in there.. a test.

the first part - "you guys don't seem to admit?" -- no idea what you are on about??

The only monopoly is that bot masters have the ability to play 24/7, automatically. As per some previous comments - we are working on allowing all players to have some basic botting interface, so that they can play 24/7 in a semi afk state.

1. Botting
2. Alarms

Huntercoin is a work in Progress.

-

Snailbrain's Position - same position as you

although
I am the creator of the concept, game designer, project manager (for over a year), tester, initially funded the project and other stuff
Not sure what you mean by not a tech guru - my coding skills are pretty weak if that's what you mean...

You could say:
Domob is Lead Developer (coder)
Snailbrain - Game Designer - (game mechanics etc)

No one is really "in charge", it's an opensource project. Anyone can stand up and take over now. It all depends on who people will listen to. I'm confident that the way the project is/has been handled thus far, that this isn't going to happen for a while, if ever.

The project is in good hands <3

Dear Snailbrain, by saying not admit I mean in the other post when I said monopoly BGB and you said there are many loots on the ground so there is no such monopoly thing.

I am a little concerned about the situation, maybe huntercoin project is at early stage but it's running for quite several months after all. But I don't see any official plans illustrated by the dev team. (i.e. milestone with time schdule). Most time I see is assumptions, uncertainties & hesitations about the game. Maybe it's not the truth, just my shadowy impression.

Actually I know every member of the center guys. As we all recognized it's easy to control the center, too easy. I myself feel obliged to feedback here, just to be heard.

Maybe my center guy friends won't happy with what I said here. hah...
BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:57:32 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 01:09:23 PM by BGB_HUC

Dear Snailbrain, by saying not admit I mean in the other post when I said monopoly BGB and you said there are many loots on the ground so there is no such monopoly thing.

I am a little concerned about the situation, maybe huntercoin project is at early stage but it's running for quite several months after all. But I don't see any official plans illustrated by the dev team. (i.e. milestone with time schdule). Most time I see is assumptions, uncertainties & hesitations about the game. Maybe it's not the truth, just my shadowy impression.

Actually I know every member of the center guys. As we all recognized it's easy to control the center, too easy. I myself feel obliged to feedback here, just to be heard.

Although there are a couple people/teams that have the vast majority of players on the map (which okay technically is a monopoly), I feel its not so much of a monopoly because there are many coins in the open and any of the areas that are being 'controlled' can easily be taken. One thing in this game that is hard to do is defend an area successfully from somebody that really wants it.

This is why the center is 'easy' to control, because frankly nobody cares about controlling it except for the ones that have it.  I controlled the center for several weeks prior to the first disaster. Honestly, I was monopolizing the game at that time. I wanted to see how far I could go with what systems I had in place. I was running 6000-7000 generals on the map at times (talk about transaction fees Smiley. I still feel exhausted and a little burned out as it took a lot of daily maintenance between fixing corrupted wallets and limiting damage from attacks, which is why I haven't really jumped back in at this point. There were even some 'funny' things that happened during that time like power failures from storms, pc lockups, etc.. that caused all my bots to halt and break for long periods of time.

I am trying to enjoy a little break and trying to do some other things and not look to much at the map right now with just a handful of bots running. Just nice that I caught the disaster yesterday right when it happened and was able to snag a few coins.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:20:27 PM

What are your predictions about HUC value?
I have been holding since the start (four days after the start) but after the first spike the price is dropping forever  Undecided
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:23:47 PM

Although there are a couple people/teams that have the vast majority of players on the map (which okay technically is a monopoly), I feel its not so much of a monopoly because there are many coins in the open and any of the areas that are being 'controlled' can easily be taken. One thing this game is hard to do is to defend an area successfully from somebody that really wants it.

This is why the center is 'easy' to control, because frankly nobody cares about controlling it except for the ones that have it.  I controlled the center for several weeks prior to the first disaster. Honestly, I was monopolizing the game at that time. I wanted to see how far I could go with what systems I had in place. I was running 6000-7000 generals on the map at times (talk about transaction fees Smiley. I still feel exhausted and a little burned out as it took a lot of daily maintenance between fixing corrupted wallets and limiting damage from attacks, which is why I haven't really jumped back in at this point. There were even some 'funny' things that happened during that time like power failures from storms, pc lockups, etc.. that caused all my bots to halt and break for long periods of time.

I am trying to enjoy a little break and trying to do some other things and not look to much at the map right now with just a handful of bots running. Just nice that I caught the disaster yesterday right when it happened and was able to snag a few coins.

that's the point, you were running a bot system with thousand players on the map, while this game concept is about human mining and problem raised from merlin0113 i think should be read from that point of view.
Talking on behalf of a human player, it's almost impossible to take the central area or mine the pools near that area if you don't have a chance to play for several hours, because to travel from spawn area to central area takes long time (don't have a chance now to do that math, i suppose something like 400/500 blocks, so ~ 8 hours) and you should double that value if you want to come back banking coins
This is my theory why there are a lot of unmined area near the central zone: bots are very few, probably only collectors atm, and the most aggressive players around here are human, this mean that the central area is under the control of humans that can invest a looooot of time on the game.
If i've understood right, this is what's happening right now and i've had a PM on huntercoin.net forum that explicitly said this: there are few chinese players from qq (like msn) group that owns that area and play almost every day, using huc as a way to have a daily income that's higher than what they could have having an average work in their country, even at these value (just because they manage to collect a lot of coins daily).
humans players who can't manage to stay connected all the days, doesn't even try to send their hunter in central area because they could die before reaching that point, or they don't have time to follow theirs hunters in the trip back to home because times run out
try to think this way and you'll see the game under a different point of view

when i talked about the risk of rising the price for generals, i meant even this: "yes, you'll have less bot (until new profitable techniques will be implemented to make them smarter), but casual players will be affected the most" and this is what happened

I don't want to say that the 10HUC price is the problem here, it just changed who was controlling the game, fact is that casual player are affected and competition suffered.

an ingame bot system could help a bit about this, but not now because if players are few, value of huc won't increase anyway

imho solution for the happy ending would be to make available the game to as much person as possible, i've not a receipe to reach that point, but it should be the goal to pursue in the short-term

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
merlin0113

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:31:58 PM

Although there are a couple people/teams that have the vast majority of players on the map (which okay technically is a monopoly), I feel its not so much of a monopoly because there are many coins in the open and any of the areas that are being 'controlled' can easily be taken. One thing this game is hard to do is to defend an area successfully from somebody that really wants it.

that's the point, you were running a bot system with thousand players on the map, while this game concept is about human mining and problem raised from merlin0113 i think should be read from that point of view.
Talking on behalf of a human player, it's almost impossible to take the central area or mine the pools near that area if you don't have a chance to play for several hours, because to travel from spawn area to central area takes long time (don't have a chance now to do that math, i suppose something like 400/500 blocks, so ~ 8 hours) and you should double that value if you want to come back banking coins
This is my theory why there are a lot of unmined area near the central zone: bots are very few, probably only collectors atm, and the most aggressive players around here are human, this mean that the central area is under the control of humans that can invest a looooot of time on the game.
If i've understood right, this is what's happening right now and i've had a PM on huntercoin.net forum that explicitly said this: there are few chinese players from qq (like msn) group that owns that area and play almost every day, using huc as a way to have a daily income that's higher than what they could have having an average work in their country, even at these value (just because they manage to collect a lot of coins daily).
humans players who can't manage to stay connected all the days, doesn't even try to send their hunter in central area because they could die before reaching that point, or they don't have time to follow theirs hunters in the trip back to home because times run out
try to think this way and you'll see the game under a different point of view

when i talked about the risk of rising the price for generals, i meant even this: "yes, you'll have less bot (until new profitable techniques will be implemented to make them smarter), but casual players will be affected the most" and this is what happened

I don't want to say that the 10HUC price is the problem here, it just changed who was controlling the game, fact is that casual player are affected and competition suffered.

an ingame bot system could help a bit about this, but not now because if players are few, value of huc won't increase anyway

imho solution for the happy ending would be to make available the game to as much person as possible, i've not a receipe to reach that point, but it should be the goal to pursue in the short-term

In my qq group one of my suggestions is to change the map in order to reduce the travelling time on road, just to make the game more competitive. Imagine you leave from the spawn to the center then back to spawn as a set of a game (just like motocoin), then this shorter set time will allow more ppl which don't have 8 hours but have, say, 4 hours to jump into this game.
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

I have been holding since the start (four days after the start) but after the first spike the price is dropping forever  Undecided

we are on the same boat.
honestly i can't predict anything about that, neither Warren Buffett could Cheesy

I could tell you that the lower value could be 0 while the higher value has not a roof. Ok, not the answer you were looking for Smiley

redbeans2012

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:34:58 PM

>imho solution for the happy ending would be to make available the game to as much person as possible, i've not a receipe to reach that point, but it should be the goal to pursue in the short-term

It needs to be easy to start playing.  I've been having a hell of a time getting the program to run the last few days.  If I wasn't so heavily invested I would have given up by now.   Undecided

merlin0113

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:47:11 PM

we are on the same boat.
honestly i can't predict anything about that, neither Warren Buffett could Cheesy

I could tell you that the lower value could be 0 while the higher value has not a roof. Ok, not the answer you were looking for Smiley

I think maybe we can't see huntercoin as a bitcoin's analogy, because it has so much unique traits of its own. At least when ppl make suggestions about game rule changes you won't simply reject them owing to bitcoin's mechanism. We should develop/build huntercoin project on a holy new understanding level. (i.e. don't be bottle necked by bitcoin)

These basic thoughts of mine maybe totally wrong regarding my limited research of bitcoin, I know that. I just feel something very different in huntercoin and feel much potential in it. I have some ideas of huntercoin application environment but don't know it's valid or not.

Of course we only could achieve any of great things base on domob's brilliant work regarding wallet improvements in future. So many thanks to domob!
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

i want to point out attenction to this (old) bitcoin post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252937.msg2690447#msg2690447

what we need is a sort of gamer wallet that works like multibit, at that point we could run some full nodes just to keep under control the miners.
If some wrong blocks are generated, that "guards servers" could rise an alert and our gamer's wallet could be connected to those guarding nodes that runs an ad hoc service for the guarding purpose, that could stop them from processing anything until the 51% attack ends, preserving user's coins

Our gamer wallet need to be different respect multibit, that just receive block header and transaction involving our addresses
our wallet need to process incoming data to obtain current game status (where players are, loots, heart, etc..) OR (and this is what imho is the best) periodically it should receive a snapshot of the gamestatus and then for xx blocks the deltas

e.g.
every 50 blocks, client receive a full block that use as a reference
next 49 blocks, they receive game transactions, maybe compressed (so just the name_updates/name_new/name_firstupdate transactions) and the client compute the final game_status applying those received blocks data

this seems to me technically feasible and desirable, at the end this would mean that in order to play, the user start the wallet and the wallet connect to full nodes asking for the previous snapshot block (full game status) and next available blocks from that point and bang, will be ready to be used

maybe there are some flaws in my thoughts, but this could be a starting point to talk about this (maybe should post it on dev forum)

what do you think? (tech question)

BGB_HUC

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:58:52 PM

Yeah I just did this for myself really.  Thanks!

So I downloaded your stuff.  Put them in the directory easily.  

I ran QT and it hangs for a while then I get this.

http://imgur.com/tvrSPUY

I tried to run as admin just for fun but no difference.  Undecided

I downloaded the files for myself, extracted them and everything worked fine. I took some screen shots along the way.

http://www.huntercoin.info/help/install
BGB_HUC

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:01:04 PM

That gives me an appreciation for why they are so aggressive when anybody approaches their area.
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:10:02 PM

I think maybe we can't see huntercoin as a bitcoin's analogy, because it has so much unique traits of its own. At least when ppl make suggestions about game rule changes you won't simply reject them owing to bitcoin's mechanism. We should develop/build huntercoin project on a holy new understanding level. (i.e. don't be bottle necked by bitcoin)

Don't talk to me as if I'm a decision maker because I'm not.
I have your same vision about the difference between huntercoin/bitcoin and this is what i say always to snailbrain when he rise sometimes analogy with bitcoin when we were talking about tech details.
bitcoin and huntercoin have totally different technical problems and thus has to be handled differently. If bitcoins doesn't implement a feature is because maybe they don't need it, not because it was impossible or not a good choice.
Totally agree with you

beside that, some game rules are hard to implement because would require a lot of code and test (like dynamic maps or map changes)

These basic thoughts of mine maybe totally wrong regarding my limited research of bitcoin, I know that. I just feel something very different in huntercoin and feel much potential in it. I have some ideas of huntercoin application environment but don't know it's valid or not.

Of course we only could achieve any of great things base on domob's brilliant work regarding wallet improvements in future. So many thanks to domob!

I feel much potential too, after all i'm investing much time in this, but i don't agree with your last sentence: we are not dependent on domob or whoever, because the coin is opensource and everyone can improve it, fork it, do it's implementation/changes and do a pull request the github repository, or run its own version, contact miners and convince them to mining their own version instead of the current one
he could even create a forked new coin but i discourage that because we don't need another huntercoin, just a better one

having said that, we have to congratulate domob for taking forward the work sadly interrupted by the death of mikhail

redbeans2012

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:08:01 PM

Yeah I just did this for myself really.  Thanks!

So I downloaded your stuff.  Put them in the directory easily.  

I ran QT and it hangs for a while then I get this.

http://imgur.com/tvrSPUY

I tried to run as admin just for fun but no difference.  Undecided

I downloaded the files for myself, extracted them and everything worked fine. I took some screen shots along the way.

http://www.huntercoin.info/help/install

Deleted everything and tried once more, and amazingly.   It worked.  Syncing the rest of the way!  I have no idea what that error was before, I hope noone runs into that.

Thanks for making that little tutorial though, thats a big help for the average joe! Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: