Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:02:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
bigminner

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:32:39 PM

There are less than 10 people in this game, compared to more than 100 people at  four months ago. Not only the huge block size is the obstacle, the game strategy is too simple, just  plan the trace again and again, the one create more characters has more chance to win, which has no difference with POW and POS, even worse than POW and POS.  
There are some obvious faults in current game mechanism.  someone create large amount of characters to control the rich pool, waiting the coins full of pool, then create a self defined way points to collect hundreds of coins in a single transaction of moving, which largely decreases fees of  F2Pool or other pools supporting this coin.  The rich pool is more easily controlled in current game mechanism, Only 4 or 5 people create 80% characters of the map and capture 90% of the coins, which makes this coin more quickly to rubbish. Grin

There are probably more individual players playing now than 4 months ago, since bots took over IMO.
I also believe the human to bot ratio of players has significantly improved.

We have reduced block chain growth by increasing fees, general cost and implementing disaster.
Total chain size will be reduced significantly with pruning.

When PvP is involved, it is not too simple (strategy) - the issue is more players are needed, and until we have pruning/performance and afk play (botting) it may not increase so much until then... but, this shouldn't be long.

not sure what you mean - and think you are wrong here:
someone create large amount of characters to control the rich pool, waiting the coins full of pool, then create a self defined way points to collect hundreds of coins in a single transaction of moving, which largely decreases fees of  F2Pool or other pools supporting this coin.

Bots move when the coin spawns. i've seen some that do predefined sweeps of an area, but those still have to do very long tx (higher fee)... and as for banking the coins, it's still jsut 10%.. if there is 100 people getting 10% tax when they bank, or 1 person getting 10% tax, it's still 10% tax.

I don't think f2pool are complaining about fees. We have Added Disaster (more fees), Fee for every move (>0.01), higher general cost (more for deaths).

Welcome to the Forum

My meaning is very easy to understand. For example, one pool on map will have 500 loots(each is 0.4HUC) to come out for one day. If there is competition among different players to get one loot, there are several transactions of moving when each loot emerges. But now, only few transaction of moving after waiting for hundreds of loots full of pool when it is controlled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:42:52 PM

My meaning is very easy to understand. For example, one pool on map will have 500 loots(each is 0.4HUC) to come out for one day. If there is competition among different players to get one loot, there are several transactions of moving when each loot emerges. But now, only few transaction of moving after waiting for hundreds of loots full of pool when it is controlled.

if you mean that hardware miners are getting low fee, i actually think exactly the opposite if you think this coin should be "human minable"
The point is that now there are few player, so since miners take a % over the overall coin moved in the game (tx fee, destruct, dropped coins, banked coins) you could think they take few but this is only because now there are few players, once player will increase, you'll see that that % will mean a lot of HUCs (and imho it should then be adjusted so that more coin will be put on maps rather than miners pockets)

if you try to see with player's eyes, you'll see that (in a competitive environment) to have a gain you have to fight a lot vs fees, because in a competitive environment a player has to sacrifice some hunter (destroy = loosing some coins) to win a fight, change many times directions (tx fees) and then, hopefully, bank (and here another fee)
plus the player will have the worry about incoming disaster, that could screw up all works done (while miners will take a big fees for 50 blocks)

miners, like players, now are affected by low population in game, that's the only real concern

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:02:11 PM

Using the new version today I opened and closed a few times. Seems like it loads a bit faster. I assume I can't use the mithrilman edition with 11e yet?

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:20:26 PM

Using the new version today I opened and closed a few times. Seems like it loads a bit faster. I assume I can't use the mithrilman edition with 11e yet?

yes you can!
and probably you'll even see a better feedback during initialization (not sure if i included that already in the version you are using) saying the current status of the daemon
if not on your version, will be available with my next version, since domob has implemented an early RPC warmup in the daemon and i used it according

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:24:04 PM

I have a player stuck in "pending" mode, but he is not moving and I do not have the option to move him.  He just kinda sits there? Any ideas?
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:39:00 PM

I have a player stuck in "pending" mode, but he is not moving and I do not have the option to move him.  He just kinda sits there? Any ideas?

you see that player in red on my client?
there is a bug in the daemon mechanics that could cause pending problems, already discussed here, do you remember if one of your player died while we had a pending moves before you noticed this stuck player?
here the problem i reported: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=123.0

to be sure you have a similar problem, try to restart the client and see if it is still pending (opening miniwallet you should see if you have the name_update transation with 0 confirmations,so pending)

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:45:01 PM

There is a longer discussion about this at http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=123

If you think your players are stuck due to some issue with destruct (double spend), the most efficient way I deal with it is to make sure all the transactions are deleted (use the transactions tab in the client, select pending transactions, and right click -> delete transaction), then send all of the coins out of the wallet to another wallet address. The goal here is to make the wallet balance perfectly zero. I would expect the transaction to NOT go through successfully, and you can clean that up later. Then send some new coins into the wallet and you will be good to go.

When you are done with that wallet (players all dead or you transfer them to a new wallet) you can delete the pending transaction for sending the bad coins, then rescan and you should be good to go.

Can't wait for domob to figure this one out as it would save me (and i am sure others) some headaches.
merlin0113

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:53:50 PM

There is a longer discussion about this at http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=123

If you think your players are stuck due to some issue with destruct (double spend), the most efficient way I deal with it is to make sure all the transactions are deleted (use the transactions tab in the client, select pending transactions, and right click -> delete transaction), then send all of the coins out of the wallet to another wallet address. The goal here is to make the wallet balance perfectly zero. I would expect the transaction to NOT go through successfully, and you can clean that up later. Then send some new coins into the wallet and you will be good to go.

When you are done with that wallet (players all dead or you transfer them to a new wallet) you can delete the pending transaction for sending the bad coins, then rescan and you should be good to go.

Can't wait for domob to figure this one out as it would save me (and i am sure others) some headaches.

BGB, You are so clever and straight-forward.
redbeans2012

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:58:15 PM

Ok will do that.  Have another stuck one right after I posted the last thing.  He doesn't want to destruct.  (i tried destructing 2 of my same players in the same square at the same time).  I'm trying to kill my players off and collect the coins while awaiting disaster.

http://imgur.com/ByLIqnO
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 03:03:00 PM

Ok will do that.  Have another stuck one right after I posted the last thing.  He doesn't want to destruct.  (i tried destructing 2 of my same players in the same square at the same time).  I'm trying to kill my players off and collect the coins while awaiting disaster.

Johnny and freddy had 2 different colours?
using my miniwallet you can delete the pending transaction but won't help much, since you'll have next transaction stuck because you have "dirty" coins in wallet at this point (double spended)

redbeans2012

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:05:22 PM

Ok will do that.  Have another stuck one right after I posted the last thing.  He doesn't want to destruct.  (i tried destructing 2 of my same players in the same square at the same time).  I'm trying to kill my players off and collect the coins while awaiting disaster.

using my miniwallet you can delete the pending transaction but won't help much, since you'll have next transaction stuck because you have "dirty" coins in wallet at this point (double spended)

Same color.  They right around the spawn area on the yellow side.  Herbie is also frozen, although I dont think he had anything to do with destruct.
redbeans2012

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:10:20 PM

Ok delete transaction worked.  I then tried the destruct again and it went through.  As far as the other stuck guy, that didn't work, although lets me create a new path, just stuck in pending.  Guess I'll do what bgb suggests.
BGB_HUC

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:12:31 PM

Same color.  They right around the spawn area on the yellow side.  Herbie is also frozen, although I dont think he had anything to do with destruct.

It doesn't have to do with a player necessarily being involved directly in the destruct. Once you get 'dirty' coin(s) in the wallet then whenever another player tries to move, the dirty coin gets used for the transaction fee. Of course it won't get accepted in the block and you are stuck in pending.

Another pending I get (but less frequently) is noticeable by watching the log and when you try to move/destruct you will see something like "pending transaction already exists for that name" (maybe the client shows an error, but I have my errors turned off). When this happens a transaction does not occur so there is nothing to delete. You just click "go" and nothing happens. Only way I know to fix this is via a rescan (maybe a restart is enough).
BGB_HUC

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:15:59 PM

Huntercoin - 1.0.11e - Warning - First time start will take some time.
add Daemon Warmup Message
add wallet filename option (specify a wallet)
improve/fix fragmentation issues when syncing on NTFS - should provide some performance benefit.
Name_list crash fix and performance
Implement UTXO-based tx verification - utxo.dat will be created upon first start, this process may take some time. Should improve performance.
This should help pave the way for future pruning.

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=37.0

https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

I have noticed a big improvement in pulling out old gamestate data with this update. I am working on an updated timelapse video. This update is greatly speeding up the process of getting the gamestate data. Thanks!
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:27:29 PM

Huntercoin - 1.0.11e - Warning - First time start will take some time.
add Daemon Warmup Message
add wallet filename option (specify a wallet)
improve/fix fragmentation issues when syncing on NTFS - should provide some performance benefit.
Name_list crash fix and performance
Implement UTXO-based tx verification - utxo.dat will be created upon first start, this process may take some time. Should improve performance.
This should help pave the way for future pruning.

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=37.0

https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

I have noticed a big improvement in pulling out old gamestate data with this update. I am working on an updated timelapse video. This update is greatly speeding up the process of getting the gamestate data. Thanks!

You're welcome, and this is good news!  (Looking forward to the video, BTW!)  Although I have to say that I don't even know which change could have caused this - I haven't been doing optimisations for old game states.  But anyway, I'm glad that it works better now. Smiley

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
redbeans2012

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:43:05 PM

I'm not really complaining, but is there a possiblity in the future that the block times could be speeded up?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:40:14 PM

I'm not really complaining, but is there a possiblity in the future that the block times could be speeded up?

Largest fish to fry at this point I'd say.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
redbeans2012

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:41:49 PM

Not really sure.  If you have a large team, you need to have time to figure your moves.  I was just wondering if it was possible or if it was even necessary.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:43:15 PM

Not really sure.  If you have a large team, you need to have time to figure your moves.  I was just wondering if it was possible or if it was even necessary.

o ya dude not knocking your question at all bud. Just chipping in my thoughts.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:20:33 PM

# released a new version of Huntercoin: Mithril Edition (HUC:ME) : V 1.0.5 (42509)#

this time, my updates regard mainly two missing features: Transfer Player and Change Reward Address

The first is used when you want to give the control of your hunter to another person (in its own wallet), while the other is used to set where you want your banked coin be sent (this is important if you want to be sure that the HUC you gain, are sent to an encrypted wallet (or a paper wallet), safier then a game wallet

Both features can be accessed using the context menu (right click) of a player you own, see this pic: 

---
### Transfer Player ###
Transfer player is used to give your hunter to someone else, or another of your wallet.
All you need is an address of the wallet you want your player to go, that's all!

the screen is pretty simple and well explained, here the pic: 

---
### Set Reward Address ###
Often is a good practice to bank your gained coins in a safe place, here comes useful the Reward Address feature, that give you control on the receiving address of your banked coin.

Even this screen is pretty simple and well explained, here the pic: 

at the moment, you have to write this address everytime you create an hunter, but I'll add a default address in the settings window so would be handy for you to set it once then forget about it. Anyway remember that my client has a feature that shows every hunter that share the same address, and this is an intellingence information that people could use to guess which players are under your control and try to understand your tactics!

---
###Refresh Players List###
Sometimes can happen that you doesn't see a player you were expected to see in your list (maybe because a blockchain reorg or some deamon bugs or because someone transfered you a player), now I've added a button to force the reloading of your players.
It shouldn't be used normally, because it calls a daemon (huntercoind.exe) RPC command that until now has been a lot bugged (name_list) and that could cause the daemon stop responding and updating, anyway since with last huntercoin version domob should have fix this command, I've added this button that could fix some weird behaviours, as said.

the button is available next to the button to create a new player (now every button has a tooltip too!), here the pic (the button is the orange one) 

this command could take several seconds, depending on your wallet size, even if with last huntercoind update (1.0.11e) it should be faster (my wallet takes ~ 14 seconds to return from that command). Don't use it if not needed (it even halt game_status update until it ends)

---
###Chat Opacity###
Last feature i'll talk about is the chat opacity 
Since the chat panel cover part of the game map, even if i added the shortcut <kbd>SHIFT + SPACE</kbd> to toggle its visibility, people could find useful to leave chat always open, while being able to see under the chat what's happening, this is why i added an opacity slider to set it's transparency value, you can see it on the top of the chat panel, see the pic: 

the opacity level is saved into your settings.xml file, so you don't have to set it everytime, just find a value that's ok for you!

About the chat, i fixed a bug about scrolling messages too (when you clicked on another panel, the chat with previous version were scrolling top, causing headache Cheesy)

Now i could have added something else, but frankly at the moment I don't remember Smiley
As an ending note, I just want to saythat I'm having holiday from 4th of August to 19th, so my development will be halted during this time (need some rest with family, my 7 month daughter has to see the sea Cheesy), but I'll be available anyway to people who want to report problems, etc... (I'll have internet access so no problem!)

When I'll be back, I'll be ready to dive into the bot system implementation (I've already started)

the download link is the same, http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: